Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    This device isn't very popular in the United States, but I've installed a bidet in my bathroom. As is the case with most American bathrooms, I don't have the space for a bidet that's separate from the toilet. I installed one that integrates into the toilet. My parents and my brother have the exact same one in their houses, so I was able to try it first. It wasn't even that expensive. It only ran about 50 bucks. I had already picked out one that's way more expensive (about 400 bucks) because I had assumed that a low-priced one would be shoddy quality. That's not the case. The expensive one would have had high-end features like the ability to warm up the water and then an air-drying gizmo, and I'm sure it's super nice. However, the cheap one works fine. I was surprised that using just cold water is not uncomfortable like I thought it would be.

    A doctor recommended this ages ago as a way to get rid of hemorrhoids. I had been using these wet "flushable" wipes for ages, which helped some. Turns out, they're not so flushable after all. They'll plug up your toilet and clog the sewer.

    A bidet cleans off your damn butthole way the hell better than toilet paper, and even better than wet wipes. If you went outside and unfortunately stepped in dogshit, just wiping it off with toilet paper wouldn't do enough. You would totally wash that off with water. Turns out, water works way better for your butt as well.

    Americans don't usually like talking about how we clean off our shit-asses, but this thing is simply better, and it didn't even cost all that much money. So, even if it's this thing you don't usually talk about, I'm bringing up the topic anyway. It's a real upgrade.

  2. #2
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,522
    Reputation
    17851
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Using water on water soluble is a no brainer, I only ever heard of them, I'd get one if I could. Toilet paper is only one step above Neanderthal. Do any of them use or make warm water? Cold water make my fart hole constrict.
    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  3. #3

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Using water on water soluble is a no brainer, I only ever heard of them, I'd get one if I could. Toilet paper is only one step above Neanderthal. Do any of them use or make warm water? Cold water make my fart hole constrict.
    There are some models that do warm water, but you need to research how they do it. The cheaper ones just tap into your water system's ability to make warm water. These ones are basically useless, as you would have to run your faucet until it warms up. Otherwise, it's just cold. A woman who has my same model, except warm water version, just uses hers cold because the warm feature is too much of a hassle to use.

    However, the higher-end ones do a way better job. They have the ability to create the warm water themselves. So they bring in the water to their own little storage tank and warm it up to the perfect temperature (a setting you can make). Then after they clean you with the warm water, they have an air drying feature, so you don't even have to dry off with toilet paper or a wash cloth or whatever. The high-end $400 one I originally planned to get had all this stuff, with all of it programmable via a remote that attaches to the wall, and also an app. These high-end bidets are really popular in Japan, so if you visit that country, you could try a bunch of them out.

    On the other hand, I can say I was really surprised that I found the cold water totally comfortable. It was not like jumping into a cold shower or swimming pool since it's touching such a small part of your body. For 50 bucks, you could try a cheap one out to see if you like it, unless you're really sure you want to go high-end.

  4. #4
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,522
    Reputation
    17851
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Seems an electric instant hot water heater would serve the purpose, thanks, that's all I needed to know, around here in winter you can feel the cold right through the walls, more so walking past a window! Poor insulation is not an option, the pipes will freeze.
    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  5. #5

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Seems an electric instant hot water heater would serve the purpose, thanks, that's all I needed to know, around here in winter you can feel the cold right through the walls, more so walking past a window! Poor insulation is not an option, the pipes will freeze.
    I live in a cold state where you have to leave the faucet dripping when it gets too cold, and our tap water is really cold in winter. That's why I was extremely surprised that the cold water didn't bother me. It's because it's a small amount, and it's not all over your body like a cold shower or jumping into a cold pool would be. I was really surprised I was so comfortable with it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,522
    Reputation
    17851
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    I live in a cold state where you have to leave the faucet dripping when it gets too cold, and our tap water is really cold in winter. That's why I was extremely surprised that the cold water didn't bother me. It's because it's a small amount, and it's not all over your body like a cold shower or jumping into a cold pool would be. I was really surprised I was so comfortable with it.
    You're talking to the guy that installed a hot tub at a ski house rental without asking permission, the land lord's only concern was our outdoor television falling in the hot tub, I assured him it was firmly fastened with lag bolts.
    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  7. #7

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    You're talking to the guy that installed a hot tub at a ski house rental without asking permission, the land lord's only concern was our outdoor television falling in the hot tub, I assured him it was firmly fastened with lag bolts.
    Then you'll be able to install pretty much any model you buy.

  8. #8
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,677
    Reputation
    15403
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    unless you're really sure you want to go high-end.
    High-end. Ha, you made a funny. LOL
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  9. #9
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,522
    Reputation
    17851
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Home Improvements continue: bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    Then you'll be able to install pretty much any model you buy.
    The attractive thing about rural Vermont is the absence of building and electrical codes, Vermont's electrical grid is the oldest in the nation, it's nothing to see homes with 50 amp service, all copper, and screw in fuses.

    They're not big on updates, look at their wooden bridges, they say allot with their 7,000 lb. weight limits, and that's before the termites moved in.

    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: October 4, 2022, 11:20 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 25, 2019, 5:38 PM
  3. If Things Continue.... This Could Be The Future
    By Quarter Wave Vertical in forum Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 23, 2018, 3:05 AM
  4. Bathroom etiquette
    By wayne1234 in forum Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 16, 2016, 12:11 AM
  5. Trans and the Bathroom
    By Cracked Lurker in forum Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 2, 2016, 5:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •