Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    I'm white, or to be more accurate, a combination of white and Native American, but I look mainly white. When I was 13 years old, I had the wonderful "luck" of moving to Hawaii. My military father was transferred there. I had no choice in the matter. I had heard that Hawaii was this paradise with wonderful beaches and great weather, but I was sad to be leaving all my friends. What I then experienced in public school in Hawaii was a nightmare. Whites in Hawaii were a minority, and we were HATED. Kids I didn't even know would come up to me and threaten me and curse me out. The word "haole" was the Hawaiian word for white person, but it was often used as a slur, especially when said as "dumb haole." They had other slurs such as "shark bait," which implied that white people were so worthless that we should be fed to sharks. The last day of school was known as "kill haole day," which meant that local people should assault anyone who was white on the last day of school. However, assaults were not limited to that day. Every day at school in Hawaii, I was in danger of being assaulted.

    My efforts every day went into avoiding being attacked. School work was secondary. It was also completely demoralizing. It was as if there was no use even trying. You would be hated no matter what you did. You were already hated by people who didn't even know you are what you were like as a person. It was a terrible experience.

    Because of what I went through at school in Hawaii, I vowed to always be fair to people of other races and ethnic groups. I realized how shitty black people had been treated in mainland USA. I had come from a small town in a southern state, and I had seen plenty of examples of black people getting treated like shit. Some white people would deny it, but there was plenty of of racism against black people. It was simply a fact. I vowed to never be a part of that, and to always be fair and respectful toward black people, and others.

    What I was never in favor of was simply flipping racism around. I would never favor exchanging "kill haole day" for "kill Hawaiians day" or refer to Hawaiians, or any other group, as "shark bait." If it was wrong to treat one race like that, it would also be wrong to treat another race the same way. And that's the same reason I've never been for flipping the hatred toward blacks toward whites. I always saw the goal as to treat black people with fairness and respect, and to do so without turning a bunch of hatred toward whites. Simply re-aiming hatred toward another group has always been a terrible idea.

    And that's why the following article, if true, really, really stinks. It says that the Minneapolis teacher's union has negotiated a contract where if there are layoffs, white teachers will automatically get laid off first. You don't get rid of racism by simply changing which group gets hated. If this article is accurate, this shit is a violation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seniority.html

    This is a new article, so I do want to wait and see if anyone debunks it. Maybe they got their facts wrong. But if this turns out to be true, it's major, major bullshit. If they want to be fair in hiring, they should make sure that they're giving everyone an equal shot at getting hired and an equal shot at having their performance evaluated fairly. Some companies will evaluate resumes without knowing the person's name. For example, if a resume has the name "Marvin Jefferson," it's probably a black dude; if it says "James Worthington," it's probably a white guy. So they'll tape over the names when deciding who gets an interview.

    But to just say, "Let's make up for past unfairness by being unfair to a specific group" is just plain bullshit.

    I will watch to see if this gets debunked in case they somehow totally got their facts wrong.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,340
    Reputation
    10810
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    A system that robs Peter to pay Paul will always have Paul's approval.

    They didn't seem to care much about being fair long ago, why should they start now? Especially over someone who's easy to kick. Looks like all those crackers who paid Union dues didn't get much for their money.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  3. #3

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    A system that robs Peter to pay Paul will always have Paul's approval.

    They didn't seem to care much about being fair long ago, why should they start now? Especially over someone who's easy to kick. Looks like all those crackers who paid Union dues didn't get much for their money.
    I think any good attorney ought to be able to kick this thing's ass. It's a blatant violation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,340
    Reputation
    10810
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    I think any good attorney ought to be able to kick this thing's ass. It's a blatant violation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
    I hope you are right, it does seem crazy.

    I used to work Union mills, and overall they did the workers more good than harm. But I will say this, some Union brothers are more equal than others and it's always been this way.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    1555
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Yeah, I've heard about the beating up of "Haoles." Hawaii has the distinction of being one of our "majority minority states," in that whites are the definite minority there behind native Hawaiians, other Pacific Islanders and various Asian ancestries. Plenty of older folks ("mainlanders") are shocked to find Hawaii as being less than friendly when they retire there.

  6. #6

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard about the beating up of "Haoles." Hawaii has the distinction of being one of our "majority minority states," in that whites are the definite minority there behind native Hawaiians, other Pacific Islanders and various Asian ancestries. Plenty of older folks ("mainlanders") are shocked to find Hawaii as being less than friendly when they retire there.
    Why would you retire there? Everything is expensive and if supply lines were cut, cannibalism would return in a month.

    Just think of this: Cocaine is 2-3 times more expensive in Hawaii than in Los Angeles.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  7. #7

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    Yeah, I've heard about the beating up of "Haoles." Hawaii has the distinction of being one of our "majority minority states," in that whites are the definite minority there behind native Hawaiians, other Pacific Islanders and various Asian ancestries. Plenty of older folks ("mainlanders") are shocked to find Hawaii as being less than friendly when they retire there.
    Don't worry about the native Hawaiians. When China either accepts Hawaii for payment for all the US T-bills they bought, or invade and claim it outright, everyone will learn what it is like to be the 'wrong' race.

    But the mainlanders will have friends and relatives back in the continental US who can put them up when they return. They may also have rental properties on the mainland they can move back to.

    The native Hawaiians...not so much.
    Last edited by sam luis obispo; August 27, 2022 at 7:44 PM.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  8. #8

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Yeah but unfortunately that just the nature of humans, the more different someone from the crowd the more they will be attacked by the crowd.

    I hope you find some place where you are accepted

  9. #9

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    I used to drive a street cab at night in two different cities. During a burnout phase of my life, I would work the absolute worst neighborhoods late at night just looking for problems. Being a white guy I got called every name imaginable - cracker, honkey, white boy/bread, wood, peckerwood, etc. Never got assaulted cause I had that crazy white boy vibe going, but names got thrown at me. The reverse racism is getting worse nowadays - in your face shit. See:

    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...e-common-areas

    How would that one be reported on if the colors were reversed?

  10. #10

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Quote Originally Posted by FangBlade View Post
    Yeah but unfortunately that just the nature of humans, the more different someone from the crowd the more they will be attacked by the crowd.

    I hope you find some place where you are accepted
    Read this. When the sh!t hits the fan, you are safest among your own 'tribe'...unfortunately, every tribe is just a collection of assholes.

    https://shadowman.substack.com/p/bra...be-mapping-the


    "To begin: you do not wanTo begin: you do not want to live as a trapped and cut-off minority in what might become “enemy territory.” If you live amidst your civil war enemies, as defined and located within the CW2 Cube, you will be in mortal danger even if your immediate neighbors know, love and respect you. Those persons who have a stake in fanning the flames of CW2 (and their number shall be legion), will intentionally target those remaining “holdouts” who may be respected minority neighbors. (In this essay, minority means “the minority within a given group or area.” Blacks are the majority in some areas, and whites are the minorities in others, and so on.) trut-off minority in what might become “enemy territory.” If you live amidst yodiat areas, and whites are the minorities in others, and so on.)"

    So, no, if you are someplace that they call you 'haole,' or any other derogatory name, do NOT retire there.

    Especially if you are going to be OPP (old, poor, and powerless) or even ORP (old, rich, and powerless).
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  11. #11

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    I found this on Quora:

    https://www.quora.com/What-will-be-t...-U-S-state-Why

    "I almost moved to Hawaii about 10 years ago.

    The more time I spent there, the more it resembled a terribly run 3rd world country with crime, homelessness & incompetence at all layers of society.
    Hawaii will likely be the first U.S. state to completely fail as it has no economy outside tourism.
    Beaches are the best in the world, but, one has to live there.
    Larry Ellison and Zuckerberg can afford to provide their own services, but, it’s a terrible life for everyone else accustomed to a 1st world living standard.
    This week, Hawaii will received the final shipment of coal. The coal burning electricity plant will go offline.
    Electricity prices are set to skyrocket, burning oil as a replacement until the “brilliantly executed” green revolution arrives."


    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  12. #12
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,653
    Reputation
    15701
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    >My efforts every day went into avoiding being attacked.

    Unfortunate. Such a mental strain for no reason.

    >Whites in Hawaii were a minority, and we were HATED. Kids I didn't even know would come up to me and threaten me and curse me out. The word "haole" was the Hawaiian word for white person, but it was often used as a slur, especially when said as "dumb haole."

    Sadly I've heard this story from countless minorities in the 46 states which are majority-majority.

    >And that's the same reason I've never been for flipping the hatred toward blacks toward whites. I always saw the goal as to treat black people with fairness and respect...

    I'm guessing the racist incidents you experienced were from Asians, who are the majority there. Just wondering why you mention blacks.


    The Minnesota case is an interesting one because it is the kind of single issue that gets blown out of proportion to show how "wokeness" is out of control. I guarantee you for every one case like this, there are 100 of cases where the white majority at some company refuses to hire non-whites. It's only when it's written out that it becomes assailable. The provision you mention sunsets when the union demographics represent the region's demographics.

    Personally I disagree with quotas and don't believe discrimination today is allowable because of discrimination yesterday. A lot of racial animosity will be stirred up over this single incident, while we ignore the larger and more pervasive kind.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).

  13. #13

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    >My efforts every day went into avoiding being attacked.

    Unfortunate. Such a mental strain for no reason.

    >Whites in Hawaii were a minority, and we were HATED. Kids I didn't even know would come up to me and threaten me and curse me out. The word "haole" was the Hawaiian word for white person, but it was often used as a slur, especially when said as "dumb haole."

    Sadly I've heard this story from countless minorities in the 46 states which are majority-majority.

    >And that's the same reason I've never been for flipping the hatred toward blacks toward whites. I always saw the goal as to treat black people with fairness and respect...

    I'm guessing the racist incidents you experienced were from Asians, who are the majority there. Just wondering why you mention blacks.


    The Minnesota case is an interesting one because it is the kind of single issue that gets blown out of proportion to show how "wokeness" is out of control. I guarantee you for every one case like this, there are 100 of cases where the white majority at some company refuses to hire non-whites. It's only when it's written out that it becomes assailable. The provision you mention sunsets when the union demographics represent the region's demographics.

    Personally I disagree with quotas and don't believe discrimination today is allowable because of discrimination yesterday. A lot of racial animosity will be stirred up over this single incident, while we ignore the larger and more pervasive kind.
    Yes, some of the hate came from Asians. To be fair, it wasn't all Asians, just some of them.

    I mention blacks because I witnessed the same, or worse, treatment of them in mainland USA when I was growing up. So I refuse to put up with them getting treated like crap.

  14. #14

    Re: Have you ever been hated for your skin color

    OP, I have been thinking about your question since you posted this topic. I'm white, European. I actually can't say I have ever been hated or discriminated against for my skin color. Or at least: I have never noticed it. My long thinking part was mainly about "but what if I would be?" I genuinely don't think I would care. If anything: I am a person of color. When I'm sick I'm green. If I'm cold or being chocked I turn blue. Embarrass me and I'll be red. Kick me in the sun and I'll turn red or brown. So I don't think I can feel insulted if some person from another race would call me "hey whity!" or something. "Yeah, I'm that for now!" Furthermore my roots come from a debatable civilized society. I know other societies are more rotten so I would think about those backgrounds of people.

    OTOH I try not to be racist towards other people from my part. Yes, I admit now and then thinking "you ff-ing * insert any racist slur*!! But hating someone by his/ her skincolor is IMO ridiculous. Those skin colors just stem from environmental adaptation from our ancestors. Giving people advantages in certain environment. White skin synthesizes VitD much better than black skin. But put me in the Sahara desert and I'm fucked way quicker than someone with a black skin. In my studies (medicine) I have seen the bodies from people under the skin. And I assure you: they all look the same.


Similar Threads

  1. The purple color revolution.
    By Manfred in forum Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: September 8, 2020, 6:13 PM
  2. I'm Hated For Who I Am, How About You?
    By Travis3000 in forum Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 1, 2018, 10:08 PM
  3. Why MGTOW is hated
    By jagrmeister in forum Lounge
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: June 7, 2015, 10:12 AM
  4. Why MGTOW is hated
    By jagrmeister in forum For Ghosts
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: June 7, 2015, 10:12 AM
  5. Myshkin, loving the default color scheme
    By Myshkin in forum New Member Intros
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 24, 2014, 7:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •