Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Smile Share Your Workout Routines

    Greetings gentlemen,

    I was thinking of something new to post that I find interesting and to bring some action to the forums. As I have hinted in other posts, I'm an avid fan of strength training and body building. I've been doing it for 15 years. I have noticed that there are MGTOW that tend to share this enthusiasm that I have for self improvement. My thoughts were that if there are those who have a workout regimine that they would like to share, this would be a great thread to do so. We could share training philosophies, methodologies, or just make fun of the manginas in "Men's Health" magazine. If there are others who like other forms of physical activity like martial arts, please share your routines.

    Well I would like to start.

    My routine is a calisithenics (bodyweight training) and weight training hybrid routine. I alternate between a calisthenics focused day and a weight training focused day. I train every other day (3 to 4 days a week). Here is my actual training routine:

    Day 1 Calisthenics Push Day A

    1-armed Push-ups and Handstand Holds

    Day 2 Weight Training Pull Day B

    Hex bar Deadlift

    Day 3 Calisthenics Leg Day A

    Assisted Pistol Squats and Font Levers

    Day 4 Weight Training Push Day B

    Barbell Bench Press

    Day 5 Calisthenics Pull Day A

    Assisted 1-armed Pull-ups and Bridges

    Day 6 Weight Training Leg Day B

    Barbell Front Squat

    These exercises are my main exercises that I focus on for the day. I train them primarily for strength. After that, I will do my supplementary exercises to "chase the pump". These exercises could include dumbbell chest flyes or biceps curls to name a few.

    Well this is what I typically do to keep my body strong and lean. It works out stress and aggression. In a blue-pilled society, it is helpful to have some form of physical release.

    Please feel free to comment on my routine or post what you guys do to stay fit. I'll be anxiously awaiting")

    Kindest Regards,

    Bonobo
    In the future there will be robots.

  2. #2
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,463
    Reputation
    9465
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Pushing iron, pushing skis, sparing endless rounds, keeping the fire burning is the important thing, stretching and martial arts has helped me through life in more ways than I can mention, my iron was moving stone (masonry) and building materials up and down ladders like a monkey. I could walk a steep roof ridge while looking up for a challenge, I didn't do it often but learned to do it to test my coordination in case I was feeling off balance and knew to take things slower. Off days can kill you, same thing skiing, some days you just can't push your personal limits because logic tells you you won't be skiing good, instead you'll be eating wood, then meeting Sunny Bono on top of that big mountain in the sky, taking glade runs where the trees are soft as foam rubber and the rocks even softer!
    01/20/2021- Weekend at Bernie's, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20003

  3. #3

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Pushing iron, pushing skis, sparing endless rounds, keeping the fire burning is the important thing, stretching and martial arts has helped me through life in more ways than I can mention, my iron was moving stone (masonry) and building materials up and down ladders like a monkey. I could walk a steep roof ridge while looking up for a challenge, I didn't do it often but learned to do it to test my coordination in case I was feeling off balance and knew to take things slower. Off days can kill you, same thing skiing, some days you just can't push your personal limits because logic tells you you won't be skiing good, instead you'll be eating wood, then meeting Sunny Bono on top of that big mountain in the sky, taking glade runs where the trees are soft as foam rubber and the rocks even softer!
    I know what you mean about "keeping the fire burning". We as men MUST stay physically active whether it's forging steel in a smelting chamber or testing your 1-rep max on a barbell deadlift.

    Most of my training career (if you want to call it a career) was spent in these crisp, clean, globo-gym environments. For me personally, I'm much more interested in what can be done in the backyard, or in a garage, or out in the wilderness in regards to strength training. I love hearing stories of guys lifting logs or pushing tires in the back yard because it shows that you don't need expensive equipment to train.

    What places have you been skiing at if you don't mind me asking? That has to be quite challenging in regards to balance, coordination, and endurance. Do you still ski now?
    In the future there will be robots.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MrWalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    120
    Reputation
    81
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    I walk 4Km every morning, and cycle 10Km every evening.
    Too old to manage any more now.

  5. #5
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,463
    Reputation
    9465
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    What places have you been skiing at if you don't mind me asking?
    Killington, Mad river, Stow, Sugarbush/Ellen, Snow, Bromley, Okemo, Stratton, Magic, Jay, Vail, Aspen, Snowbird/Alta, just to name a few, not mentioning the little mundane areas. Did allot of hiking and snowmobiling on the appellation and snowmobile trails, built a house on a mountain ridge up there too, had to loose to downsize after Obmanomics dictated it so. Hard work and hard play makes Jack a happy healthy wealthy boy (unless he plays with women then the opposite applies).

    While everyone else I knew was being dragged over the rocks, mine were covered with soft pillows of snow I smashed all day until the lifts shut down at 4:00 PM, also the last one down the mountain year after year on closing day!

    P.S. Most women I know resent the fact that guys like myself are freed from the responsibility and accountability of throwing ourselves on the alter of feminism to be drawn and quartered alive for the sake of their narcissism.
    01/20/2021- Weekend at Bernie's, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20003

  6. #6

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWalton View Post
    I walk 4Km every morning, and cycle 10Km every evening.
    Too old to manage any more now.
    Yeah on my "off" days, I like to do low intensity cardio. I normally just walk around the block for 20 minutes. So I really just alternate between high intensity resistance training and low intensity cardio. Some call it "yin and yang" training.
    In the future there will be robots.

  7. #7

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Killington, Mad river, Stow, Sugarbush/Ellen, Snow, Bromley, Okemo, Stratton, Magic, Jay, Vail, Aspen, Snowbird/Alta, just to name a few, not mentioning the little mundane areas. Did allot of hiking and snowmobiling on the appellation and snowmobile trails, built a house on a mountain ridge up there too, had to loose to downsize after Obmanomics dictated it so. Hard work and hard play makes Jack a happy healthy wealthy boy (unless he plays with women then the opposite applies).
    That sounds like a bunch of healthy, outdoor exercise that is great for the soul. I imagine it must be expensive though.

    I have been interested in picking up a mountain bike to go trail riding. It's good for men to get outdoors and take a breath of that fresh air. As I've been getting older, I have noticed more and more the need to keep the body moving. This is especially true if you have a sedentary job.
    In the future there will be robots.

  8. #8
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,463
    Reputation
    9465
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonobo Protocol View Post
    That sounds like a bunch of healthy, outdoor exercise that is great for the soul. I imagine it must be expensive though.

    I have been interested in picking up a mountain bike to go trail riding. It's good for men to get outdoors and take a breath of that fresh air. As I've been getting older, I have noticed more and more the need to keep the body moving. This is especially true if you have a sedentary job.
    I have a Kona double butt tapered chrome-molly I purchased new in the 90's just before full suspension became popular and rail-trails were in their infancy, I rode the rail trail as much as the mountains, my own personal record is 26 miles mountain and who knows on roads through the Quabbin reservoir and surrounding towns, one time we came across a bear with it's cubs and immediately started peddling our asses off by flight or fight instinct. When you see one up close and personal you either freeze or run, and on a bicycle already rolling it's a no brainer!

    P.S. if you get a mtn bike get a steel frame, aluminum is lighter but only suitable for road bikes, one crash with aluminum and its junk if you kink the frame.
    01/20/2021- Weekend at Bernie's, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20003

  9. #9

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    I have a Kona double butt tapered chrome-molly I purchased new in the 90's just before full suspension became popular and rail-trails were in their infancy, I rode the rail trail as much as the mountains, my own personal record is 26 miles mountain and who knows on roads through the Quabbin reservoir and surrounding towns, one time we came across a bear with it's cubs and immediately started peddling our asses off by flight or fight instinct. When you see one up close and personal you either freeze or run, and on a bicycle already rolling it's a no brainer!

    P.S. if you get a mtn bike get a steel frame, aluminum is lighter but only suitable for road bikes, one crash with aluminum and its junk if you kink the frame.
    Mountain bike riding is something that I love to do. I didn't realize how expensive a mountain bike can get. Some are upwards to $10,000! So steel frame bikes are preferable huh? I must admit, I don't know too much about the schematics of cycles.
    In the future there will be robots.

  10. #10
    Senior Member MrWalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    SEA
    Posts
    120
    Reputation
    81
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonobo Protocol View Post
    Mountain bike riding is something that I love to do. I didn't realize how expensive a mountain bike can get. Some are upwards to $10,000! So steel frame bikes are preferable huh? I must admit, I don't know too much about the schematics of cycles.
    $500 is more than enough for a brand name bike.
    I've done downhill mountain biking, off road cross country, and roads on my $500 Merida Matts.
    Nothing broke when I hit stuff or fell off .......... except me.
    About 5,000Km in the last few years.

    Wore out 1 crank and a chain, 2 tires perished.
    Less than $75 in total repairs.

    Steel is too heavy.

  11. #11
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,463
    Reputation
    9465
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Share Your Workout Routines

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonobo Protocol View Post
    Mountain bike riding is something that I love to do. I didn't realize how expensive a mountain bike can get. Some are upwards to $10,000! So steel frame bikes are preferable huh? I must admit, I don't know too much about the schematics of cycles.
    Yea, steel takes a pounding without fatiguing like aluminum. $10 grand is silly, buy one from a dude that got married and needs the cash to fund his mistake. Cadence is important too, keep the crank rolling like a flywheel and shift up or down so you don't slow down your legs like a diesel lugging and knocking. Cadence is the most important thing for endurance. As the load lessens you shift higher and go faster, or the other way, you're in first gear climbing something steep with your legs at a pace equivalent to running. Getting off to walk it up should only occur when the bike is over your shoulder, resting on your back, and you're climbing! Bikes aren't made for walking.
    01/20/2021- Weekend at Bernie's, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20003


Similar Threads

  1. Let's share music.
    By Keep On in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: April 9, 2019, 7:45 AM
  2. Felt like I had to share this (again)
    By Resdayn in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 12, 2018, 7:44 AM
  3. Homeless Men Share Their Stories
    By Dashing Young Dissident in forum Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 19, 2018, 4:55 PM
  4. I am here to share my perspective
    By giddyu in forum New Member Intros
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 6, 2016, 1:05 PM
  5. workout with deadlifts and one-arm clean&jerk
    By Myshkin in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 1, 2015, 7:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •