Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Question about COVID infection data collection

    I have a question; hopefully it's ok to ask here. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

    How are the local state and federal government(s) getting their data on COVID infections in the US?

    I mean, when someone first becomes aware they are infected.

    Isn't that info private? Doctor-Client privilege etc? Are those who have been effected outing themselves? Is it the clinic? The doctor? Health Insurance?

    The answer to this will speak to credibility of the data.

    Now, if someone goes into the hospital very ill with COVID, and certainly if they die -- obviously, that info is legitimately sent the govt (esp. in cases of death, for the death certificate etc.)

    In my county, the latest info for my area says that the bulk of these cases are being treated by "resting at home." They aren't in the hospital. How do we -- or even they -- know that what they have is in fact Coronavirus?

    And, relatedly, how many of these who have been diagnosed with Coronavirus actually had the proper test performed? I hear that these tests are not so widely available yet.

    Another question, if someone dies of COVID -- are the authorities depending upon the earlier diagnosis to then state cause of death?

    The more you dig into it, the more you wonder. I've looked around; answers to these questions aren't easy to come by. At least right now, I'm skeptical of these numbers …..

  2. #2
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,139
    Reputation
    9062
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    I'm almost certain all cases are reported to the CDC and local board of health, then an investigation on close contact and notifications to those people that they were exposed and quarantine them too. Only senior citizens that are ill are able to get a drive through test (the last I heard).

    Here's a factual video done by and American with boots on the ground within China, the guy lived there, and he knows the language and the culture and has done an adequate investigation. I've said this from the beginning, it's X species infection, and I believe this pinpoints the first case of C-19 from a researcher that did studies and made publications on the virus prior to the outbreak and then vanished without a trace and erased from existence.

    MGTOW, defined:

    A place and time (where and when) the road to modern man's perdition ends abruptly and permanently.

  3. #3

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    I'm almost certain all cases are reported to the CDC and local board of health....

    Yes, but by whom? That's the question. I've done some more looking. Under HIPAA, health insurance companies can relay a patient's info (how much I don't know) to the local authorities in cases like this. I can find the link if needed.

    But I wonder if that's what's going on.

    I have asked my county. It is awful hard to find this out. Which, to me, says something.

    Thanks for the vid.

  4. #4
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,139
    Reputation
    9062
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
    Yes, but by whom? That's the question. I've done some more looking. Under HIPAA, health insurance companies can relay a patient's info (how much I don't know) to the local authorities in cases like this. I can find the link if needed.

    But I wonder if that's what's going on.

    I have asked my county. It is awful hard to find this out. Which, to me, says something.

    Thanks for the vid.
    If the protocols are anything like the times of whooping cough, yellow fever, polio, and others, the authorities quarantined that family to their dwelling and put symbols in their windows, at least that was my father's account of things when he was a kid in the 1940's. I don't think the right to privacy covers people with contagious lethal infectious disease, it's a "public health hazard" and therefore a public health concern. The public has rights as a whole to be warned and measures taken by citizens and government hopefully working together.
    Precautions that segregated and isolated people for the good of the whole, are nothing new in the US, it's just been a while since a serious pandemic, complacency is not a luxury we can afford.
    MGTOW, defined:

    A place and time (where and when) the road to modern man's perdition ends abruptly and permanently.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Joetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    779
    Reputation
    2336
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    The CDC collects data on all sorts of disease research all the time. Then, places like Johns Hopkins University sends their relevant research in and the CDC studies their results. What happens from there is anybody's guess. If your county seems to have no plan don't be dismayed. It's like that everywhere right now.

    I can't tell if the counties are just waiting for instructions from the state or if this county is just disorganized all the time. Where I live, I suspect it's the latter.
    "Don't follow in my footsteps. I stepped in something."

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,822
    Reputation
    23498
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Isn't that info private? Doctor-Client privilege etc?
    Certain diseases are reportable, and this takes precedence over doctor/patient privilege.

  7. #7
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    170
    Reputation
    927
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
    I'm skeptical of these numbers …..
    I have seen a lot of posts on social media complaining about the numbers or finding fault with the counting methods. None of them however are suggesting an alternative, so without going into tinfoil hat territory there are lot of mundane possibilities.

    Some countries have an incentive to playdown the number of cases for propaganda purposes (China, North Korea).
    Poor countries have an
    incentive to exaggerate the number of cases to get help from rich countries.
    Some countries have tested a lot of people like South Korea.
    Others like the UK have been very slow with testing.
    There are probably millions of people who get the virus, show only mild symptoms and are unaware they actually have it unless they are tested.
    Most deaths are in people who have other medical problems, if someone has terminal cancer but gets finished off quicker by the virus what do you count it as? There are votes either way.


    Men are becoming MGTOW by the millions, most without ever having heard the term. They are simply doing what all living organisms finding themselves in a toxic environment do. They adapt to it or remove themselves from it. Females are not liking either the adaptations or the removal.

    FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER FEED

  8. #8
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    475
    Reputation
    1278
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Quote Originally Posted by stanmsl View Post
    I have seen a lot of posts on social media complaining about the numbers or finding fault with the counting methods. None of them however are suggesting an alternative, so without going into tinfoil hat territory there are lot of mundane possibilities.

    Some countries have an incentive to playdown the number of cases for propaganda purposes (China, North Korea).
    Poor countries have an
    incentive to exaggerate the number of cases to get help from rich countries.
    Some countries have tested a lot of people like South Korea.
    Others like the UK have been very slow with testing.
    There are probably millions of people who get the virus, show only mild symptoms and are unaware they actually have it unless they are tested.
    Most deaths are in people who have other medical problems, if someone has terminal cancer but gets finished off quicker by the virus what do you count it as? There are votes either way.


    Those are very good possibilities. However, it gets sketchy if we put some more known data into the context, data(or news) outside covid-19 :-

    1. US inflating their currency by distributing about 2 trillion dollars afaik.

    2. Absurd lockdowns, like UK contemplating 6 month lockdown, when there is known data that influenza can get quite bad. Jackoff mentioned some data here: https://www.goingyourownway.com/mgto...43/#post151843

    3. Inconsistent or incoherent actions, like in some areas of US, they are releasing prisoners (or talking about it), but then talking about imprisonment for going to church
    "Truth is enough." - Curt Doolittle
    "Truth, and violence to enforce it." - Eli Harman

  9. #9
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,139
    Reputation
    9062
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Quote Originally Posted by rkspsm View Post
    Those are very good possibilities. However, it gets sketchy if we put some more known data into the context, data(or news) outside covid-19 :-

    1. US inflating their currency by distributing about 2 trillion dollars afaik.

    2. Absurd lockdowns, like UK contemplating 6 month lockdown, when there is known data that influenza can get quite bad. Jackoff mentioned some data here: https://www.goingyourownway.com/mgto...43/#post151843

    3. Inconsistent or incoherent actions, like in some areas of US, they are releasing prisoners (or talking about it), but then talking about imprisonment for going to church
    I think it's all from gynocentric hysteria by 50+ years of being baked right in the society and how it behaves!

    Only female logic has tell tale markers and makeup like this! We need a bigger badder virus that shows no mercy and takes no prisoners! Then it'll all make sense!
    MGTOW, defined:

    A place and time (where and when) the road to modern man's perdition ends abruptly and permanently.

  10. #10

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    WRT communities having the right to collect data on pandemic viruses -- I don't disagree. It's one of the prices we pay for civilization. If I (or anyone else) wanted to be free of this "Big Brotherism", then we can live way off in a rural area. And some people do that, for this and other reasons.

    So, governments have the right to do collect the data.

    My question was about the data collection methodology. I did get one answer on FB; one lady said that the Dr's office sends that data to the county. So that's probably the answer.

    But, there are still other questions. How widespread/disseminated are the devices that can test for Coronavirus? Are doctors labeling someone with the flu as someone with the Coronavirus?

    Anyway, I was looking at the CDC site yesterday, and it looks like the new infection rate is going down in the past few days or week. So maybe all this *&^% will be over soon.

    Although, obviously, as a MGTOW, I'm totally down with the work from home thing. It's the loss of freedom that bothers me. But that's a whole 'nuther rant.

  11. #11

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    I agree that it is gynocentric-oriented social panic that is driving all this shutdown BS. The irony is -- and it is kinda the truth this time -- "women most effected" (LOL). I'm a starting to see women in my community posting stuff about how they are losing their minds by not being able to go out and socialize, and being stuck with their kids etc.

  12. #12

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    "Most deaths are in people who have other medical problems, if someone has terminal cancer but gets finished off quicker by the virus what do you count it as? There are votes either way."

    As far as I can tell, at least here in the US, they are counting them as COVID-19 deaths; but they note the co-morbidity.

  13. #13
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,139
    Reputation
    9062
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
    I agree that it is gynocentric-oriented social panic that is driving all this shutdown BS. The irony is -- and it is kinda the truth this time -- "women most effected" (LOL). I'm a starting to see women in my community posting stuff about how they are losing their minds by not being able to go out and socialize, and being stuck with their kids etc.
    Men are much more emotionally and socially conditioned to isolation short and long term. When the world wasn't civilized who took the perilous journeys over the oceans, carved out the vessels, charted by stars, could read ocean waves from island to island in not much more than a canoe?
    All that tissue and toilet paper that disappeared?
    It's all being used to sop up female tears!

    Females have no idea how easy it is for a man to go solo on a trail to no return once he makes up his mind and charts his own way.

    On top of the man shortage they created and the social beehive they're quarantined from, they're gonna sit on their sofas, mop tears, and eat until they EXPLODE!
    MGTOW, defined:

    A place and time (where and when) the road to modern man's perdition ends abruptly and permanently.

  14. #14

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    "....and eat until they EXPLODE!"

    They "blow up like Goodyear Blimp," then explode like that zeppelin ….."Oh the humanity"

  15. #15
    Senior Member Joetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    779
    Reputation
    2336
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    Quote Originally Posted by Faramir View Post
    WRT communities having the right to collect data on pandemic viruses -- I don't disagree. It's one of the prices we pay for civilization. If I (or anyone else) wanted to be free of this "Big Brotherism", then we can live way off in a rural area. And some people do that, for this and other reasons.

    So, governments have the right to do collect the data.

    My question was about the data collection methodology. I did get one answer on FB; one lady said that the Dr's office sends that data to the county. So that's probably the answer.

    But, there are still other questions. How widespread/disseminated are the devices that can test for Coronavirus? Are doctors labeling someone with the flu as someone with the Coronavirus?

    Anyway, I was looking at the CDC site yesterday, and it looks like the new infection rate is going down in the past few days or week. So maybe all this *&^% will be over soon.

    Although, obviously, as a MGTOW, I'm totally down with the work from home thing. It's the loss of freedom that bothers me. But that's a whole 'nuther rant.

    Now you're living in the world I lived in when they told us we were winning in Vietnam. Only now the threat is real and it's not war with weapons of mass destruction. So, cover your mouth when you sneeze. We've all become potential bio weapons and we need to be careful until the threat is gone. The world we live in will still be shitty for men when it's over and they'll probably throw all that toilet paper they've been saving up at us while they shit on us some more. So, pandemic or not, don't get your hopes up.
    "Don't follow in my footsteps. I stepped in something."

  16. #16

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    "
    So, cover your mouth when you sneeze. We've all become potential bio weapons and we need to be careful until the threat is gone. "

    Well, I agree and disagree.

    I agree that one can spread COVID by not being attentive; and that it can be lethal to those who have weak and vulnerable immune systems.

    I disagree that it's any worse than the flu. I disagree that the lockdown is warranted. I disagree with the idea that the data they are presenting is valid.



  17. #17
    Senior Member Joetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    779
    Reputation
    2336
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    I never said it was better or worse than the flu. That's the media talking. As for the rest of your points? Write your congressman.
    "Don't follow in my footsteps. I stepped in something."

  18. #18
    Senior Member Hoppes#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Carolinas
    Posts
    288
    Reputation
    754
    Type
    Monk mode

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    I do not know if all this is a hoax or not.....but I do know "they" are using it and running with it for all they got! What's their Agenda...dayum if I know, but it must be a doosey for all the effort that have put into it..... Maybe it's just like Pompeo said a "live Drill" . Who knows...

    Oh well.....cover yer Damn mouth when you sneeze or cough....it's just plain old walking around sense...

  19. #19

    Re: Question about COVID infection data collection

    I don't want to be pedantic, but it sure does look like it's "your" opinion/statement, the way you presented it.


Similar Threads

  1. Zoidberg’s Collection of Quotes
    By Zoidberg in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: August 26, 2018, 5:43 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 20, 2016, 6:18 AM
  3. The Blue Pill Script collection thread
    By Aintdealingwithyoshit in forum Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 29, 2016, 6:36 AM
  4. Chlamydia Infection Rates, 18-26 year olds, 2001-2
    By Eddie Willers in forum The Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 3, 2015, 7:29 PM
  5. Fascinating collection of old photos
    By cyberdude in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 28, 2014, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •