Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    82
    Reputation
    184
    Type
    Neutral

    Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Aristotle makes assumptions about the character of the human soul, dividing it into a part that ought to be governed by reason (the passions or sentient appetite) and a part that is normally unresponsive to reason (vegetative functions such as digestion, etc.).


    What is reason?
    A process of logic, principles of validity, factuality, truth.


    What is truth?
    In accordance with reality.


    How do we assign responsibility to ourselves and others based on tools we did not pick to perceive and experience the world?


    We experience reality in the confines of our body and mind, neither of which we picked.
    Is reality real or is reality a construct of our body and mind?


    If two farmers need to grow crop and you give one farmer a stick and another farmer a tractor, then assign value to each farmer based on crop production, and call it fair. How is that any different than blaming any person for where they are in life? For no one picks the tools which they have to live and experience the world, not me or you.


    I work regularly. I have a healthy work life balance. I am generally happy. I did x, y, and z to be where I am but it all began from a seed which I had no control over. I did not pick my parents, my body or mind, grandparents, siblings, or upbringing. But somehow, some where along the line, I became to have control over things.


    How is that any different than a seed falling from a flower, being buried by winds with the right amount of soil, being rained on just enough to where it grows but does not get washed away, and when the flower blooms, I say, “Now this flower here has control over the rest of its life.”?


    In our society, when a child blooms, it becomes an adult, and now this adult has control over its life.

    Bullshit. Nobody knows what is really going on.
    Last edited by GrnB; May 9, 2022 at 7:57 AM. Reason: Nobody knows what is really going on.*

  2. #2

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Yeah, I often wonder exactly how much 'choice' we actually have in our own lives, and currently believe that even if humans possess 'free will' it is incredibly limited in scope.

    The best analogy I can think of is that human are a lot like computers. They have 'hardware' (ie. genes) which determine their function, and then nurture (ie. 'programmed software') that is downloaded onto them. How we respond to any inputs from our environment would depend on our hardware and software, both of which we had no control over. And if that's the case you can't really blame any human for their outputs.

  3. #3

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Great post, OP! I love existential questions like these. The question "why am I alive right now?" is one over which whole religions, philosophies, cults and societies have been created around. For me the "answer" is: we can't say that in words. Because words don't tell the truth. Be the richest man in the world f.e. That's not "the"answer. That's merely an ego pattern of something I would want to accomplish. Yet very deep down I "know" why I'm here.
    And I agree: one of the most liberating "things" I've done in my life, is to let go of the illusion of control. Yes, there is some level of control: my mind can figure out jumping off a 5 story building is not necessarily a good idea. So in that case I have some "control."

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    82
    Reputation
    184
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedPilledSimp View Post
    Great post, OP! I love existential questions like these. The question "why am I alive right now?" is one over which whole religions, philosophies, cults and societies have been created around. For me the "answer" is: we can't say that in words. Because words don't tell the truth. Be the richest man in the world f.e. That's not "the"answer. That's merely an ego pattern of something I would want to accomplish. Yet very deep down I "know" why I'm here.
    And I agree: one of the most liberating "things" I've done in my life, is to let go of the illusion of control. Yes, there is some level of control: my mind can figure out jumping off a 5 story building is not necessarily a good idea. So in that case I have some "control."
    How is saying you have control because you do not jump from a window any different from saying a flower has control because it does not absorb too much light?


    When flowers absorb light, they use it to excite electrons that they can shuttle around to build/break down compounds, storing/releasing chemical energy. If a flower absorbs too much light it breaks down the bonds uncontrollably and faster than they can rebuild, causing the flower to die.


    On rare occasions, people jump from windows, bridges, or cliffs and die; while all the other people around them continue living. Much like flowers on rare occasions absorb too much light and die; while all the other flowers around them continue living.

  5. #5

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    How is saying you have control because you do not jump from a window any different from saying a flower has control because it does not absorb too much light?


    When flowers absorb light, they use it to excite electrons that they can shuttle around to build/break down compounds, storing/releasing chemical energy. If a flower absorbs too much light it breaks down the bonds uncontrollably and faster than they can rebuild, causing the flower to die.


    On rare occasions, people jump from windows, bridges, or cliffs and die; while all the other people around them continue living. Much like flowers on rare occasions absorb too much light and die; while all the other flowers around them continue living.

    I said: I'm having SOME control in that situation. Indeed if my mind decides I can actually fly, I might even take the jump. But I agree: we don't have any control over autonomous body functions. Not even breathing. Yes you and me can hold our breath for some time but we will start breathing again. Nobody can commit suicide by holding his/ her breath.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    82
    Reputation
    184
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    What do you mean by “some control”?


    ‘Some’ means an unspecified amount.
    ‘Control’ means power or influence over the course of events.


    You are saying: “I have an unspecified level of power over the act of not jumping from a window.”


    I would like to know what is that unspecified power? Where did this unspecified power come from? How did the unspecified power come to exist? And, when did the unspecified power come to exist?
    Last edited by GrnB; May 9, 2022 at 4:55 PM. Reason: spelling

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,807
    Reputation
    4663
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Ah, Deep Thought time. Don’t you know the answer is obviously 42?



    But seriously:

    I have occasionally contemplated this question also and have come to many of the same conclusions. They are very alluring and difficult to get away from. No matter what argument you come up with against it you can always claim that the only reason you could possibly come up with it is because of x/y/z.

    I have come to believe though that this is a very dangerous line of thought that can only lead to a fatalistic attitude.

    Why is this dangerous? Because it inevitably leads one to believe that no matter what they do or don’t do that they are not responsible for their actions, they are just a product of their environment and this in turn gives leave to act in any number of totally deplorable ways.


    So, if as you say nobody knows the answer to a question that has stymied philosophers for hundreds if not thousands of years then maybe we are looking at it incorrectly. Maybe the answer is more intangible.

    If one chooses to believe they have no control, and therefore no responsibility, then that is also a choice and one which is deeply flawed in logic: how can one choose to believe that they have no ability to choose for themselves?

    But what of fatalism: the notion that we are simply the sum of our environmental inputs?
    Well, if we cannot possibly know what is going on, then ANY conclusion you come to can only be viewed as a choice. Once again an illogical conclusion.

    Alternatively you may argue that it is not a choice and is just a realisation of fact, but, again as you say if fact and truth are not absolutes but merely down to individual perceptions then that also makes this argument deeply flawed in logic.

    I would argue that if you’re able to ask the question then you have the ability to choose the best answer based on the evidence at hand and the intelligence to understand that this is indeed a choice and not merely extrapolation of facts nor a pre-programmed inevitable outcome.


    Maybe the only answer is that we have freedom to choose because we believe we have that ability however and wherever that belief springs from, and with freedom to choose comes responsibility.

    For myself I believe that I have free-will. I have the ability to reason, to rationalise and therefore to choose, maybe not all the time because pesky emotions get in the way and cause me to behave irrationally at times, but mostly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    82
    Reputation
    184
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    I have come to believe though that this is a very dangerous line of thought that can only lead to a fatalistic attitude.



    This needs to pointed out as a slippery slope fallacy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Why is this dangerous? Because it inevitably leads one to believe that no matter what they do or don’t do that they are not responsible for their actions, they are just a product of their environment and this in turn gives leave to act in any number of totally deplorable ways.



    I could as easily argue that believing in “free will” has permitted people, religions, entire nations to go to war and act in deplorable ways. The idea of “free will” grants moral licensing because we punish people for ‘deplorable acts’, when the punishment itself is deplorable.


    This is not to say society should not have rules.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    I would argue that if you’re able to ask the question then you have the ability to choose the best answer based on the evidence at hand and the intelligence to understand that this is indeed a choice and not merely extrapolation of facts nor a pre-programmed inevitable outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post




    Maybe the only answer is that we have freedom to choose because we believe we have that ability however and wherever that belief springs from, and with freedom to choose comes responsibility.


    For myself I believe that I have free-will. I have the ability to reason, to rationalise and therefore to choose, maybe not all the time because pesky emotions get in the way and cause me to behave irrationally at times, but mostly.



    This is a bunch of words saying, “I believe I have control.” Without satisfying the burden of proof. While at the same time, you conveniently remove responsibility of your actions when ‘pesky emotions get in the way’.


    The argument I would present is that recognizing that there is no control is a path to enlightenment. When I believe in control, I believe in satisfying my desires. When I recognize there is no control I surrender myself to experience the moment where there is no suffering, no desire, and no sense of self. I experience nirvana.


    This morning I meditated for 2 hours, in the second hour I came to experience what I imagine to be nirvana. It was beautiful and terrifying. I entirely lost my sense of self. I don’t know how something can be beautiful and terrifying, without suffering or desire, and lack a sense of self but that is the only way I know how to explain what I was experiencing.


    I do not believe that what I experienced was dangerous, however, I was afraid afterwards because the ego wants to protect itself.


    Society may see my experience as dangerous because I can experience all the sensations life has to offer without doing anything.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,807
    Reputation
    4663
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    This needs to pointed out as a slippery slope fallacy.
    A slippery slope indeed, but it is no fallacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    I could as easily argue that believing in “free will” has permitted people, religions, entire nations to go to war and act in deplorable ways.
    Don’t you see that this is much the same argument as my own? The notion of free will taken to absurd levels because they deny all personal accountability – I had no choice because I had no control over my actions – it was the will of my god or whatever reason they choose in order to defer responsibility. It’s not my fault; I’m just a tool for forces beyond my control. I myself am innocent! It is cognitive dissonance of the highest order.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    The idea of “free will” grants moral licensing because we punish people for ‘deplorable acts’, when the punishment itself is deplorable.
    So what do suggest instead? You say that society should have rules, just how does one inforce such rules without punishment for infraction of them?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    This is a bunch of words
    Try not to be so dismissive by using phrases like “This is a bunch of words”. I could easily say the same about everything you have said in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    saying, “I believe I have control.” Without satisfying the burden of proof
    You do realise that this is the “Philosophize” sub-forum? What need is there to philosophise over things for which we have proof?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    While at the same time, you conveniently remove responsibility of your actions when ‘pesky emotions get in the way’.
    Nonsense! It is merely an explanation of how I sometimes perceive the motivations of my actions. I accept full responsibility when I act in an emotional way and put great thought and effort into trying to ensure that that particular situation never arises again albeit with varying degrees of success.

    Neither is this statement of failure on my part any sort of attempt to allay responsibility, just an acknowledgement that I am not perfect and will try better next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    The argument I would present is that recognizing that there is no control is a path to enlightenment. When I believe in control, I believe in satisfying my desires. When I recognize there is no control I surrender myself to experience the moment where there is no suffering, no desire, and no sense of self. I experience nirvana.
    Ah, a moment of perfect clarity. We all have them I think, I know I do and I am happy for you to have found a way to experience this on a regular basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    I do not believe that what I experienced was dangerous, however, I was afraid afterwards because the ego wants to protect itself.
    I’m not so sure it is about ego. When I had similar experiences many years ago it was more that I came back with a “bump” that left me feeling unnerved simply because the experience is so different. It was more a case of “WTF was that?”

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    Society may see my experience as dangerous because I can experience all the sensations life has to offer without doing anything.
    Why would society see this as dangerous? The temporary release from the restrictions of control during a meditation session is very different from coming to believe that one has no control over any aspect of their lives, which was what you were alluding to earlier.

    I do have a genuine concern though and I mean this most sincerely with the utmost respect:

    If the walls between your meditative states and reality are becoming somehow blurred you may wish to proceed with extreme caution if at all.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    82
    Reputation
    184
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    The notion of free will taken to absurd levels because they deny all personal accountability – I had no choice because I had no control over my actions – it was the will of my god or whatever reason they choose in order to defer responsibility. It’s not my fault; I’m just a tool for forces beyond my control. I myself am innocent! It is cognitive dissonance of the highest order.



    Great argument, many religious people do absolve themselves by deferring the responsibility to their god.


    For, ‘free will taken to absurd levels’ diverts one from inquiring about all the events you have witnessed and media you have consumed that create your paradigm of what is absurd.


    Does personal accountability require a belief in free will?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    So what do suggest instead? You say that society should have rules, just how does one inforce such rules without punishment for infraction of them?



    Punishment ought to be viewed in terms of efficiency, how to reform an individual at the lowest cost to society.


    Not all punishment is deplorable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Try not to be so dismissive by using phrases like “This is a bunch of words”. I could easily say the same about everything you have said in this thread.



    OK, thank you, I will avoid such statements.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    You do realise that this is the “Philosophize” sub-forum? What need is there to philosophise over things for which we have proof?



    This post was moved here. I did not post it here. I like proof.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    I accept full responsibility when I act in an emotional way and put great thought and effort into trying to ensure that that particular situation never arises again albeit with varying degrees of success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post


    I accept full responsibility for my actions but that does not prove that I had any choice to act differently. If I were to rewind time to a time before I did something I regretted, I would also lose the knowledge of how I was going to come to regret what I did, therefore, if I had a choice, how would I choose differently?


    Here is a hypothetical:


    There are two drinks in front of me, a red drink and a blue drink. I pick the red drink because I like red better than blue. The red drink tastes disgusting. I accept the responsibility of my action of picking the red drink, and willingly drinking the drink.Rewind time to before I made the decision to pick the red drink. There are two drinks in front of me, a red drink and a blue drink. I pick the red drink because I like red better than blue. The red drink tastes disgusting. I accept the responsibility of my action of picking the red drink, and willingly drinking the drink.
    Rewind time to before I made the decision to pick the red drink.


    Accepting responsibility does not prove free will.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Why would society see this as dangerous?



    I am not working to keep civilization, without men around, who is going to do all the hard work?


    If men were meditating they may not require female validation. Women control 85% of consumer spending. That money comes from men working to obtain female validation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    I do have a genuine concern though and I mean this most sincerely with the utmost respect:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post


    If the walls between your meditative states and reality are becoming somehow blurred you may wish to proceed with extreme caution if at all.


    Thank you. Why should I be cautious if the walls between meditative states and reality are becoming somehow blurred?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,807
    Reputation
    4663
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    many religious people do absolve themselves by deferring the responsibility to their god.
    Not only those that profess religion, for religion comes in many forms: capitalism, communism, liberalism, feminism, even science. Whichever god one worships it can be considered a dereliction of culpability. Only belief in one’s own culpability for one’s actions should, IMO, be paramount.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    For, ‘free will taken to absurd levels’ diverts one from inquiring about all the events you have witnessed and media you have consumed that create your paradigm of what is absurd.
    Not at all. This is what the liberal league want you to think. “Oh, but what caused this person to pick up a machine gun and kill 50 school kids and 20 teachers. How can we bring him back to the fold?”

    Bullshit. Burn his ass!

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    Punishment ought to be viewed in terms of efficiency, how to reform an individual at the lowest cost to society.
    Reformation of the individual soon equates to reformation of the masses. We must reform everyone that strays. MGTOW have strayed from the herd. Do we need to be reformed?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    This post was moved here. I did not post it here. I like proof.
    Oh O.K., fair enough.

    I have no proof to offer, only my viewpoints. What PROOF do you have to offer for your viewpoints?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    I accept full responsibility for my actions but that does not prove that I had any choice to act differently.
    Hmm. Proof again? Where’s the need for proof? If you had no choice to act differently then why on earth would you accept responsibility?

    The truth is you ALWAYS have a choice, it’s just that some of those choices may be so repugnant to you that you cast them aside as if they are really no choice at all.

    This is the difference between swallowing the red-pill and remaining blue-pilled. Many, maybe even most blue-pillers see what’s happening, they just refuse to accept it because it is repugnant to their pre-programmed ideals.

    You like hypotheticals, so let me throw one your way:

    You have a job as a car mechanic (something I know nothing about) and your boss tells you to do something that you know will cause the car’s brakes to fail. You argue but he overrides you and threatens your job.

    You need your job and convince yourself you had no choice, so you comply and someone dies as a result.

    Now tell me, did you have a choice?

    Anyway, enough of that. Time for some of this:

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    Why should I be cautious if the walls between meditative states and reality are becoming somehow blurred?
    Damn. Why did you have to ask that, couldn’t you just infer? (LOL)

    Meditative states are not reality, they are akin to dreams. Yes they can give great insight but you have to realise that however hard you try to shed pre-conceived notions, such notions are part of who you are and therefore must impact on any perceived alternate viewpoint you may come to.

    This sounds like shit I know, but I’m struggling to find the words to express my viewpoint. Maybe you understand. Can you express in words exactly what you experienced?

    Maybe an example might express it more clearly – then again maybe not, see what you think bearing in mind that this was 35-40 years ago:

    Some of my “Moments of Clarity” were as if I was looking down on the world, not like a god or a superbeing but just a casual observer. I had (I believed) shed all emotional context just like yourself in shedding the control factor – it’s the same thing.

    And I looked down upon the world and seen what I saw and there was this profound notion that “This is what it is, it can be no other way”. The wars, the rebellions, the politics, the religions, the whatever, it all makes sense and for some reason this brought me a great sense of calm and peacefulness. It’s all how it’s meant to be.

    But that was many years ago and at some stage later I realised that it was only a perception based upon what I knew, or believed I knew.

    How could I see the wars and the (etc. etc.) unless I already knew about them? The only explanation is I brought those concepts with me into my meditations.

    And so, after years upon years of contemplating such things on and off (more off than on thankfully), and combining my thoughts with red-pill terminology this is my current determination:

    Meditation, far from being an escape from the MATRIX is rather a re-enforcement of it.

    But this is all philosophy and you like facts, so to finish off I’ll say this:

    You claim that through your meditations you have come to believe (more or less) that control of one’s actions is something of an illusion. Would I be correct in this assessment?

    If so, would I also be correct in saying that this is what TPTB want us men to believe? That we have no control over our actions?

    If not us then who? Women? I know that this is not exactly what you were getting at but the leap is a short one.

    Is it then not feasible (not proven but feasible) that your meditations are leading you to believe exactly what they want you to believe and are indeed an extension of the MATRIX?

    What are your thoughts on my thoughts on your thoughts on my thoughts …?

    Was Unboxxed (or whichever mod moved this thread to the Philosophize sub-forum) right in doing so? I say yay.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    82
    Reputation
    184
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Not only those that profess religion, for religion comes in many forms: capitalism, communism, liberalism, feminism, even science. Whichever god one worships it can be considered a dereliction of culpability. Only belief in one’s own culpability for one’s actions should, IMO, be paramount.



    I agree, religion comes in many forms, even science.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Not at all. This is what the liberal league want you to think. “Oh, but what caused this person to pick up a machine gun and kill 50 school kids and 20 teachers. How can we bring him back to the fold?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post


    Bullshit. Burn his ass!


    I do not advocate bringing a mass murderer back into society.


    Society does gain by asking the questions of: Why did this person to come the conclusion that mass murder was that solution to whatever problem the person was facing? The question shall not be proposed to determine whether to bring the person back into society but how to prevent a similar act from occurring in the future.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Reformation of the individual soon equates to reformation of the masses. We must reform everyone that strays. MGTOW have strayed from the herd. Do we need to be reformed?



    No.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Oh O.K., fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post


    I have no proof to offer, only my viewpoints. What PROOF do you have to offer for your viewpoints?


    Ask for proofs on specific viewpoints of mine and I shall provide them. If I have no proof or legitimate reason to believe what I believe I shall change my belief.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    If you had no choice to act differently then why on earth would you accept responsibility?



    This is precisely what I am pondering.


    I accept responsibility because I must. The alternative is worse. If I did not hold myself accountable, well, it's like you said, I may wind up committing deplorable acts.


    Additionally, if I did not accept responsibility, how would I learn from my mistakes?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    You have a job as a car mechanic (something I know nothing about) and your boss tells you to do something that you know will cause the car’s brakes to fail. You argue but he overrides you and threatens your job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post


    You need your job and convince yourself you had no choice, so you comply and someone dies as a result.


    Now tell me, did you have a choice?


    Yes, the mechanic had a choice. The wrong choice was made and the mechanic shall be held accountable.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Can you express in words exactly what you experienced?



    I was mediating and I had the experience that even if I wanted to move I was not able to move. Eventually, the timer I had set alerted me that the time was up, then I moved.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Meditation, far from being an escape from the MATRIX is rather a re-enforcement of it.



    You might be on to something here. If mediation allows me to connect with my natural state of being, that natural state may very well be gynocentric. Another way to think of it is, being gynocentric may be coded into our DNA. One of the reasons I have managed to escape the gynocentric agenda is because all the knowledge available to me on the internet.




    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    You claim that through your meditations you have come to believe (more or less) that control of one’s actions is something of an illusion. Would I be correct in this assessment?



    Yes, that is correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    If so, would I also be correct in saying that this is what TPTB want us men to believe? That we have no control over our actions?



    Yes, if we allow ourselves to believe we have no control we also allow ourselves to believe others (women) are not responsible for their horrendous behavior.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    If not us then who? Women? I know that this is not exactly what you were getting at but the leap is a short one.



    I see what you mean and fuck that. No woman is ever getting between me and my freedom.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Is it then not feasible (not proven but feasible) that your meditations are leading you to believe exactly what they want you to believe and are indeed an extension of the MATRIX?



    This is feasible. I will take a different approach to my meditation. Rather than questioning my free will, I will meditate on accepting that I am making the choice to meditate, that I am the author of my actions or lack of action, and that I do have influence over my thoughts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    What are your thoughts on my thoughts on your thoughts on my thoughts …?



    Thank you. Things are more clear now. I am not convinced that all meditation is an extension of the MATRIX but I think it is highly likely that unguided mediation is an extension of the MATRIX.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Was Unboxxed (or whichever mod moved this thread to the Philosophize sub-forum) right in doing so? I say yay.



    Yes.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,807
    Reputation
    4663
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    Ask for proofs on specific viewpoints of mine and I shall provide them. If I have no proof or legitimate reason to believe what I believe I shall change my belief.
    The question was meant rhetorically to get you to examine the justifications for your own beliefs. I haven’t a notion of questioning your proof of specific viewpoints as this is a rabbit hole that can only lead to dispute.

    Dispute tends to lead to closed minds and is the antithesis of your, and indeed our endeavours.

    I merely suggest that proof is unnecessary to hold a belief as long as you’re willing to change such belief when new evidence becomes available, as you are.

    Lack of proof does not mean that the contention is wrong, just that it’s unproven. Most theories simply cannot be proven one way or the other. Trust your instincts; they seem to be leading you well.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    I was mediating and I had the experience that even if I wanted to move I was not able to move. Eventually, the timer I had set alerted me that the time was up, then I moved.
    When I asked if you could put your experience into words it was again meant as a rhetorical question referring to your feeling of being in “Nirvana”, an elusive feeling to articulate properly.

    Your reply surprised me though. This sounds suspiciously like sleep paralysis. Could it be that you fell asleep during your meditation?

    I’ve experienced this a number of times and it never ceases to scare the hell out of me, but with me it had nothing to do with meditation. You can read up a little about it here:

    Sound Asleep but Wide Awake

    Does this sound like what you experienced?

    I should mention that there are at least two schools of thought on this phenomenon, the one mentioned in the linked article is one, the other is that your mind isn’t actually awake but you are fully asleep and dreaming that you are awake.

    Either way it’s bloody disturbing.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    Another way to think of it is, being gynocentric may be coded into our DNA.
    An interesting thought, one I shall contemplate upon. I have read a few observational studies carried out on very young children (toddlers) that may support this hypothesis; that little boys are quick to come to the defence of their friends. Whether or not this is gynocentric in nature is the question.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrnB View Post
    I am the author of my actions or lack of action, and that I do have influence over my thoughts.
    This is what being MGTOW is all about.

  14. #14

    Re: Nobody knows what it really going on.

    An uninstructed person will lay the fault of his own bad condition upon others. Someone just starting instruction will lay the fault on himself. Some who is perfectly instructed will place blame neither on others nor on himself.

    Good post



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •