+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Hi everybody,
    I am a Computer Science bachelor student and a former member of r/MGTOW.

    In my thesis, differently from what many people claim. I want to show quantitatively that forums like "goingyourownway" are not the terrible place usually described by mainstream media.
    In particular, everybody talks about the fact that when we move to other forums (like this one, voat, gab etc..) our discussions are without content and just a collection of filthy stuff.

    Instead I would like to show QUANTITATIVELY that this is bullshit! I developed a metric that can output an exact number to compute the "so-called" toxicity level of thread.
    I want to compare that toxicity of the threads we have here with the once that were on r/MGTOWN and then compare with a general subreddit (something like AskReddit for example or PickUpArtist (which is still on reddit)).

    The results would be (also because I already partially tested it, that the toxicity is equal for the three cases), if you areintered I can also post the results here.

    I just need some data to make the results meaningfully: I have to show that most of the people that are here were/are on Reddit (otherwise THEY WILL TELL ME YOUR ARE NOT COMPARING THE SAME "SYSYEMS").

    For this reason I wanted to ask for those that are here if they can share the Reddit username they used on r/MGTOWN or in general on Reddit.
    I can guarantee thatthis do no violate any privacy, I can also send materials where it is shown that nobody can be deanonymized.
    I am desperate at this point in my research the results are very good and promising and I have already showed what I told you but without this piece of information all my work will not be accepted.
    I hope that the entire community can help me.!
    Best

  2. #2
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,243
    Reputation
    13171
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to show quantitatively that forums like "goingyourownway" are not the terrible place usually described by mainstream media.
    What are these forums like "goingyourownway" of which you speak? Please name some from your thesis. You later mentioned AskReddit and PickUpArtist but only one of those seems to be like us in terms of controversy. So maybe you meant yet other sites?


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just need some data to make the results meaningfully: I have to show that most of the people that are here were/are on Reddit
    You say "most people that are here". Do you mean only recently? Or ever? Individual members log-in randomly, same as other sites.

    The mass migration from Reddit was only recently and they came over as new members. Our site has been around since 2014 so the huge majority of our threads were created by people who are not this batch of migrated Reddit members. Be advised of that, if you've already taken your thread samples from us for the results you say you have.

    I infer, therefore, that you want to identify only our threads posted by our ex-Reddit members and compare them against their threads posted on Reddit?

    Ex-reddit members here may not want to cross-reference themselves between sites, which may affect your response rate.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    if you areintered I can also post the results here.
    I'd say, sure.


    BTW, I respectfully ask who might you expect to have their minds changed by your thesis, when the negative attitude out there against MGTOW is more convenient and more fun for all of the people who hold it?
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,163
    Reputation
    23977
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    I'm sorry, Unregistered Guest, but no-one is going to give you a data dump. This forum and ones like it have a lot of enemies. You shall have to settle for scraping the pages.

    For this reason I wanted to ask for those that are here if they can share the Reddit username they used on r/MGTOWN or in general on Reddit.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA! No. Fuck no. No fucking way.

  4. #4
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,237
    Reputation
    12457
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    We have enemies?

    I thought we were just playing?

    They're not gonna like me with my war paint on.
    Tower's Book of Survival:

    Rule #401. First you eat the dogs, then you eat the dogfood.

  5. #5

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    For this reason I wanted to ask for those that are here if they can share the Reddit username they used on r/MGTOWN or in general on Reddit.
    I can guarantee that this do no violate any privacy,
    No. Your request sounds fishy. I can name a few reasons:

    1. You are unregistered guest, not a member of this forum. You have zero track record here.
    2. You misspelled the name of the group you were supposedly a part of (MGTOWN?).
    3. Your research project would make no sense for a man acquainted with MGTOW and its opposition. MGTOW's opposition are not influenced by reason or facts; they operate out of emotion. They aren't interested in facts.
    4. You're asking me to divulge personal information, which is always the sign of a scam.
    5. You have no way to "guarantee that this do not violate any privacy" (which is terrible grammar, btw).
    6. This request does not make sense within the context of your research question. You bold it and make it sound essential, but it isn't.
    7. You've developed an algorithm that reliably measures "toxicity." lol

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,083
    Reputation
    3522
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wombat View Post
    I'm sorry, Unregistered Guest, but no-one is going to give you a data dump.
    Mmm.

    Hey unregistered,

    Here’s some data:


    1100101110101011010101010111000010


    And here’s a dump:

    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,163
    Reputation
    23977
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    No. Your request sounds fishy. I can name a few reasons:
    This is a much better reply than mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    3. Your research project would make no sense for a man acquainted with MGTOW and its opposition. MGTOW's opposition are not influenced by reason or facts; they operate out of emotion. They aren't interested in facts.
    100% this. People that oppose MGTOW hate us, and they hate us no matter what the facts are. And by "us", I mean "men". If we are in a relationship, we are abusers; if we are having casual sex, we are taking advantage of the poor wimmins; if we go our own way, we are neck-bearded loser incels and a danger to society; and if we kill ourselves, that in itself is an act of misogyny. You know, because of the horrible burden it puts on the women left behind. If a man breaks up with a woman, he is a horrible bastard; if a woman breaks up with a man, he is a horrible bastard for making her do the "emotional work" of understanding that the relationship was over.

    It's not about reason. No matter what, they'll find a form of words that makes the man out to be a pig. Because the core of feminism is that all men always and everywhere oppress all women always and everywhere, and that understanding gender is simply a matter of figuring out how that universal truth has played out in particular circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    7. You've developed an algorithm that reliably measures "toxicity." lol
    Yeah - the thing that smells fishy here is that the OP belives that 'toxicity' is even a thing.

    OP: if you are sincere, don't do this. Your educational institution is run by and for feminsts. Any attempt by you to justify anything any man does will get you cancelled. You could lose everything, you could quite easily wind up with a student loan debt and no sheepskin to show for it: ejected fro your course for being toxic, because your very presence in the room is "triggering". Don't do this. Pick another project.

    If you are not sincere, well - this ain't the first time we identified a false-flag intruder pretty much straight away.

  8. #8
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Dear all,

    Yes, i did not register at https://www.goingyourownway.com. But yes I was a member of r/MGTOW.

    Of course, I understand all your concerns especially because I have no track of record.
    I have a midterm presentation on Wednesday after that I will wrap up the results and post them here.
    I hope that after reading the report you will be more convinced.

    Regarding the "toxicity" I will add detailed explanations of the algorithms so you can read it and judge it.

    I of course know that I am asking for a lot.

  9. #9
    Member FireBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Classifed
    Posts
    48
    Reputation
    75
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    In my thesis, differently from what many people claim. I want to show quantitatively that forums like "goingyourownway" are not the terrible place usually described by mainstream media.
    In particular, everybody talks about the fact that when we move to other forums (like this one, voat, gab etc..) our discussions are without content and just a collection of filthy stuff.
    Sorry buddy but it doesn't matter how much you try to explain MGTOW to the normies they'll still hate on it because the big media said so.

    For this reason I wanted to ask for those that are here if they can share the Reddit username they used on r/MGTOWN or in general on Reddit.
    I can guarantee thatthis do no violate any privacy, I can also send materials where it is shown that nobody can be deanonymized.
    Now where have we heard this before? No one here is stupid enough to give out their personal info to nobodies like you so we can get doxxed later on by a slushie haired colored asshole.

    I am desperate at this point in my research the results are very good and promising and I have already showed what I told you but without this piece of information all my work will not be accepted.
    Hate to ask but who's paying you to do this "research"?

  10. #10

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    [QUOTE=Unregistered;166877]Dear all,

    I have a midterm presentation on Wednesday after that I will wrap up the results and post them here.
    I hope that after reading the report you will be more convinced.
    Okay. That'll be interesting.

  11. #11

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I am a Computer Science bachelor student and a former member of r/MGTOW.

    In my thesis, differently from what many people claim. I want to show quantitatively that forums like "goingyourownway" are not the terrible place usually described by mainstream media.
    In particular, everybody talks about the fact that when we move to other forums (like this one, voat, gab etc..) our discussions are without content and just a collection of filthy stuff.

    Instead I would like to show QUANTITATIVELY that this is bullshit! I developed a metric that can output an exact number to compute the "so-called" toxicity level of thread.
    I want to compare that toxicity of the threads we have here with the once that were on r/MGTOWN and then compare with a general subreddit (something like AskReddit for example or PickUpArtist (which is still on reddit)).

    The results would be (also because I already partially tested it, that the toxicity is equal for the three cases), if you areintered I can also post the results here.

    I just need some data to make the results meaningfully: I have to show that most of the people that are here were/are on Reddit (otherwise THEY WILL TELL ME YOUR ARE NOT COMPARING THE SAME "SYSYEMS").

    For this reason I wanted to ask for those that are here if they can share the Reddit username they used on r/MGTOWN or in general on Reddit.
    I can guarantee thatthis do no violate any privacy, I can also send materials where it is shown that nobody can be deanonymized.
    I am desperate at this point in my research the results are very good and promising and I have already showed what I told you but without this piece of information all my work will not be accepted.
    I hope that the entire community can help me.!
    Best
    I'm not opposed to what you're suggesting in principle.

    Still, I do wonder what the ultimate goal for this might be. Specifically, if your agenda is to get Reddit to allow MGTOW content once more, frankly, I believe that's a fool's errand. Reddit admins make no secret of their double-standard. A truly awful sub like FDS is allowed to operate with impunity because women are a "historically marginalized group" while men are not. Hence, it makes perfect sense to the Reddit admins to ban MGTOW while allowing FDS. Because that apparently corrects some perceived "injustice" or something.

    So, if you're doing all this just to prove a point, go for it. But if you're doing it with the hope of reinstating r/mgtow and r/mgtow2, well, don't hold your breath.

  12. #12

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    You've developed an algorithm that reliably measures "toxicity." lol
    The first thing that I think.
    The future is gone, hope is in the past

    Do you want to do great things for the sake of humanity? Oh please, donīt make me laugh.
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/nikola-tesla-death

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,083
    Reputation
    3522
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear all,

    Yes, i did not register at https://www.goingyourownway.com. But yes I was a member of r/MGTOW.

    Of course, I understand all your concerns especially because I have no track of record.
    I have a midterm presentation on Wednesday after that I will wrap up the results and post them here.
    I hope that after reading the report you will be more convinced.

    Regarding the "toxicity" I will add detailed explanations of the algorithms so you can read it and judge it.

    I of course know that I am asking for a lot.
    Posted Nov. 7th.

    It's now Nov. 18th and no update. What a surprise.

    A question to other members:

    Did anyone notice that he asked for usernames on r/MGTOW, claiming to be a poster himself but failed to give his own username?

  14. #14

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    He/She couldn't even get Mgtow right, calling it Mgtown several times.

    Eddie's points are all spot on and I believe this Unregistered person is not sincere nor honest about who they are.

  15. #15

    Re: Showing that MGTOW forum is not hell

    Even if the intentions of OP aren't malignant, I don't see any point in his/ her studies. Criticism to women is a social taboo. OP might as well travel to Mecca/ Rome/ Jerusalem and tell them God doesn't exist. OP will probably get the same reaction as "women are not angelic angels."
    In psychiatry contradiction of delusions is highly unadvisable.


Similar Threads

  1. Thanks For Showing Up!
    By Warfish in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 9, 2019, 5:53 PM
  2. Tinder profile. My MGTOW is showing thru
    By ATLien in forum For Bachelors
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: February 25, 2019, 8:05 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 5, 2017, 5:06 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 17, 2017, 9:39 AM
  5. Replies: 19
    Last Post: April 14, 2017, 3:36 AM

Members who have read this thread: 32

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •