+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    I need to get out

    I was MGTOW for a number of years until I met someone who really made an effort and did everything for me. She hates feminism, is traditional, does the cooking and cleaning. After a couple years we got married. After a few months I知 growing to hate it. My issue is that she痴 very controlling. If I want to go to the gym, do something with friends it requires a lot of negotiating and coaxing to be allowed. This then follows with an argument. If I want to stay up late? Same thing applies. I have tried to explaining this problem but I feel now it痴 time to just break it off. Any advice?

  2. #2
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,808
    Reputation
    15628
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: I need to get out

    Leave? Divorce? Hmm... What are you looking for from us that you haven't already thought of? Something specific, perhaps?
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    206
    Reputation
    418
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was MGTOW for a number of years until I met someone who really made an effort and did everything for me. She hates feminism, is traditional, does the cooking and cleaning. After a couple years we got married. After a few months I知 growing to hate it. My issue is that she痴 very controlling. If I want to go to the gym, do something with friends it requires a lot of negotiating and coaxing to be allowed. This then follows with an argument. If I want to stay up late? Same thing applies. I have tried to explaining this problem but I feel now it痴 time to just break it off. Any advice?

    Just go. You're a grown man. Say "I'm going to the gym." and go.

    Or just leave the whole relationship.

    Not sure what you're asking about. Divorce laws?

  4. #4
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,859
    Reputation
    11728
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any advice?
    Say goodbye to anything you own that's worth a damn?

    If you wanted honest advice, you'd have told us things like how much you have to lose and be wondering how you could best preserve it. You act like you have no clue. Either you're playing games with us, or you just fell off the turnup truck. And I don't see no turnup trucks.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  5. #5
    Member Skywarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2022
    Posts
    142
    Reputation
    487
    Type
    Decepticon

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was MGTOW for a number of years until I met someone who really made an effort and did everything for me. She hates feminism, is traditional, does the cooking and cleaning. After a couple years we got married. After a few months I’m growing to hate it. My issue is that she’s very controlling. If I want to go to the gym, do something with friends it requires a lot of negotiating and coaxing to be allowed. This then follows with an argument. If I want to stay up late? Same thing applies. I have tried to explaining this problem but I feel now it’s time to just break it off. Any advice?
    If you've only been married a few months, you could probably punch out and not lose much-if you live in the US it is going to depend on the state. Potentially nothing.
    If you think it's going to get better with her, you're kidding yourself.

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Re: I need to get out

    Sorry I致e been quite vague here. I知 mainly looking for law advice as I知 in the UK and I知 worried if I walk it値l put me under financially. I知

  7. #7
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,859
    Reputation
    11728
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry I’ve been quite vague here. I’m mainly looking for law advice as I’m in the UK and I’m worried if I walk it’ll put me under financially. I’m
    That's a little more helpful.

    Most guys lose a lot in a divorce, but not always. Half of nothing is still nothing. Most places in the States both you and the wife would be splitting in half any retirement accounts you may have. Women usually win here because the half they give up is smaller. We have a few UK members, one of them should check in before long.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  8. #8
    Les
    Guest

    Re: I need to get out

    Why are you letting her dictate like this? What's wrong with you both having a couple of evenings a week where you do your own thing? And for goodness sake, you can stay up as late as you like! You're an adult, not a child.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,859
    Reputation
    11728
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Why are you letting her dictate like this? What's wrong with you both having a couple of evenings a week where you do your own thing? And for goodness sake, you can stay up as late as you like! You're an adult, not a child.

    I like your advice, but it won't work. She has no interest in cooperation. Control and domination of his entire life is what she's after, and nothing short of that will do. She will never compromise, and if the relationship tanks because of it, she'll say it's his fault and that all men are pigs.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  10. #10
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7,021
    Reputation
    19125
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    You're better off with a glass of milk, it won't sour as quickly.

    It's an "argument" because YOU let it! You let her have a chair at your own affairs.

    See what she does when you want to go camping or hunting for a week with your friends in the wilderness. Watch that bitch go orbital!

    Whatever they try to take, take back twice as much in the opposite direction of her criteria.
    Looking for a new site? For your consideration; https://mengtow.freeforums.net/board...ral-discussion

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    3,183
    Reputation
    5395
    Type
    Just Me

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry I致e been quite vague here. I知 mainly looking for law advice as I知 in the UK and I知 worried if I walk it値l put me under financially. I知
    "I'm..." What?

    I guess she just walked into the room and you had to hide what you were up to???

    Fair enough!

    U.K. law when it comes to divorce?

    I知 no expert so the only real advice I can give is to seek legal advice.

    What I believe though is what the spouse is entitled to is very much dependant on the duration of your marriage the sooner you call it quits, the less you have to lose, but only up to a point. Years spent together will be considered a cemented relationship.

    Just to be clear though, marriage in the U.K. is not about the ceremony, rather it痴 about how long you have cohabited. You say 殿fter a couple of years we got married. Was any of this time spent living together? If so, this will more than likely be considered part of the marriage.


    Anyway, to address another issue you say you were MGTOW until you found your supposed unicorn?

    You were never MGTOW. You were just living the MGTOW life until you found 鍍he one.

    Maybe now that you have seen where that has led you, you will eventually become MGTOW and we will welcome you into our ranks.

    My abject apologies if this sounds cruel.

  12. #12
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    "I'm..." What?

    I guess she just walked into the room and you had to hide what you were up to???

    Fair enough!

    U.K. law when it comes to divorce?

    I知 no expert so the only real advice I can give is to seek legal advice.

    What I believe though is what the spouse is entitled to is very much dependant on the duration of your marriage the sooner you call it quits, the less you have to lose, but only up to a point. Years spent together will be considered a cemented relationship.

    Just to be clear though, marriage in the U.K. is not about the ceremony, rather it痴 about how long you have cohabited. You say 殿fter a couple of years we got married. Was any of this time spent living together? If so, this will more than likely be considered part of the marriage.


    Anyway, to address another issue you say you were MGTOW until you found your supposed unicorn?

    You were never MGTOW. You were just living the MGTOW life until you found 鍍he one.

    Maybe now that you have seen where that has led you, you will eventually become MGTOW and we will welcome you into our ranks..
    This is very honest so thanks to you and everyone who痴 giving me the wake up call. I知 gonna see what it痴 like when I genuinely DO whatever the fuck I like when I like. She痴 been giving the cold shoulder lately as I致e been at work 奏oo long like wtf lmao.

    I think it痴 ridiculous living together is part of the marriage law in the UK, we never lived together until we got married thankfully, but that痴 probably where I could致e received my warning signs.

  13. #13
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7,021
    Reputation
    19125
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is very honest so thanks to you and everyone who’s giving me the wake up call. I’m gonna see what it’s like when I genuinely DO whatever the fuck I like when I like. She’s been giving the cold shoulder lately as I’ve been at work ‘too long’ like wtf lmao.

    I think it’s ridiculous living together is part of the marriage law in the UK, we never lived together until we got married thankfully, but that’s probably where I could’ve received my warning signs.
    Fair warning:



    Looking for a new site? For your consideration; https://mengtow.freeforums.net/board...ral-discussion

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    3,183
    Reputation
    5395
    Type
    Just Me

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is very honest so thanks to you and everyone who’s giving me the wake up call. I’m gonna see what it’s like when I genuinely DO whatever the fuck I like when I like. She’s been giving the cold shoulder lately as I’ve been at work ‘too long’ like wtf lmao.

    I think it’s ridiculous living together is part of the marriage law in the UK, we never lived together until we got married thankfully, but that’s probably where I could’ve received my warning signs.
    Thank you for your kind words.

    Contrary to what many may have to say about us MGTOW I genuinely hope that your efforts to rectify your situation pay off even if I don’t hold out much hope, but time will tell as it always does. I would never advocate divorce except in extreme circumstances. Once you're in, you're in.

    With regards cohabitation being considered marriage, I agree and disagree.

    Where I disagree is when a couple shack up together for a while (say 6 months to a year), decide it isn’t working and move on – this should not IMO be considered a marriage.

    Where I agree is where a couple build a life together, buy property, have kids and live what is considered a normal married life for decades, all but for the piece of paper then this should be IMO considered marriage.

    There is, however, a grey area in between.

  15. #15
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,808
    Reputation
    15628
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    Why are you letting her dictate like this?
    That's what I was thinking. That likely when he courted her he deferred his needs for hers, like men do, and thus trained her to believe that's how he would be. It could be he who later changed, not her or not only her.

    She's got a pussy. I'll do whatever she says. Now that I've married her, the chase is over, my needs start to bubble up to the surface again, no longer held down by that dominating need to please.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  16. #16
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7,021
    Reputation
    19125
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    If you don't bend to her will, she'll turn to the next man breathing to bow down and worship her, they have a complex of jealousy and envy for power and strength, something we take for granted and for the most part not coveted or acknowledged by the strong.

    Women make men walk on eggshells, and for that deed I say return the favor with broken glass. Control her with her own temptations and use them to destroy the relationship. Don't stop them from smashing all the glass, just leave them standing in it.

    Sung Su, Art of War, Gender Wars, circa 2022.

    Looking for a new site? For your consideration; https://mengtow.freeforums.net/board...ral-discussion

  17. #17
    Marbury
    Guest

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If I want to stay up late? Same thing applies.
    How old are you? 12? Did you 杜arry your mom? I really hope you are joking.


    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was MGTOW for a number of years
    That痴 the problem with guys who have no experience with women. One blowjob away from the plantation.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    15
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: I need to get out

    Why are you asking what to do, why did you allow yourself to get into this mess in the first place, no marriage and no cohabitation.

    If you are in a place you don't want to be you leave that place. Remember being sovereign over yourself.

    So leave or put your foot down.

    I'm going to the gym, cut to hysterical outbursts and an argument.

    No we're not doing that, you are welcome to come with me and work out yourself alongside me but I'm going with or without you.

    I'm going for a beer, more hysterics.

    No we are not playing that game, your behaviour is controlling and abusive as much as you enjoy time to see your friends I want that too, if you cannot handle that you need to think about where this relationship is going.

  19. #19
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7,021
    Reputation
    19125
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    Quote Originally Posted by akihonj View Post
    Why are you asking what to do, why did you allow yourself to get into this mess in the first place, no marriage and no cohabitation.

    If you are in a place you don't want to be you leave that place. Remember being sovereign over yourself.

    So leave or put your foot down.

    I'm going to the gym, cut to hysterical outbursts and an argument.

    No we're not doing that, you are welcome to come with me and work out yourself alongside me but I'm going with or without you.

    I'm going for a beer, more hysterics.

    No we are not playing that game, your behaviour is controlling and abusive as much as you enjoy time to see your friends I want that too, if you cannot handle that you need to think about where this relationship is going.
    That's good relationship advice, might I add?

    Expect the same outcome like a broken record, then with a little sound engineering, connect the start to the finish, remove yourself from the middle, and let it play it's endless circle of pure madness without you.

    The relationshits I have had don't worry me slightest, it's the ones I haven't had that TERRIFY ME!
    Looking for a new site? For your consideration; https://mengtow.freeforums.net/board...ral-discussion

  20. #20
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,859
    Reputation
    11728
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I need to get out

    The trouble is not going to the gym or staying up late. The problem is the man is still thinking on his own. Only when he obeys orders, or sets around waiting for orders and nothing else, is M'lady happy.

    Then he gets kicked to the curb cause he's a doormat, and no woman should have to endure that. Your classic no win situation.
    Last edited by frog; December 9, 2022 at 2:41 PM.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.


Members who have read this thread: 44

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •