Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    11
    Type
    Ghost

    Just a man wishing to learn.

    I've mainly been just lurking on most forums regarding MGTOW but decided to write this.

    Regarding relationship history, I do not have such a thing as I never really focused on it. Always felt there were more important things to do even if someone was interested. Interactions with women mainly contain interactions between classmates and nothing more. There really isn't that much for me to say here.

    As for my awareness, it mostly comes from drawing parallels between what I've seen in content and in real life, be it my experience or someone else's. I also follow an attitude of "if it can happen to anyone, it can happen to me". Thus what I see happening to others play a role in me learning from others. I suppose what brought me to MGTOW would be what brought be towards the red-pill in the first place, that being the things surrounding gamergate and anti-gaming stuff which made me aware of some related problems which over time branched out towards the manosphere in general. I first heard about MGTOW itself back in 2016, but it's been so long that I don't remember how.

    And a little about me: I'm a guy who likes to play games, watch anime and read manga, learn about stuff that interests me and do some creative stuff having to do with game development (although I haven't actually done anything playable so far). I'll most likely start studying again in the next semester and am aspiring to become an engineer. I've lived in 3 countries for at least 2 years and am fluent in 2 languages(though my Swedish may be a bit rusty since I don't use it much).

    The only reason I heard of this site is because I searched "MGTOW" in bing after the reddit sub got banned. Things looked to be interesting so I decided to register.

    Hope this will suffice, but anything else could always be answered if you guys want to know more.

  2. #2
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,047
    Reputation
    12926
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Just a man wishing to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krene View Post
    I've mainly been just lurking on most forums regarding MGTOW but decided to write this.

    Regarding relationship history, I do not have such a thing as I never really focused on it. Always felt there were more important things to do even if someone was interested. Interactions with women mainly contain interactions between classmates and nothing more. There really isn't that much for me to say here.

    As for my awareness, it mostly comes from drawing parallels between what I've seen in content and in real life, be it my experience or someone else's. I also follow an attitude of "if it can happen to anyone, it can happen to me". Thus what I see happening to others play a role in me learning from others. I suppose what brought me to MGTOW would be what brought be towards the red-pill in the first place, that being the things surrounding gamergate and anti-gaming stuff which made me aware of some related problems which over time branched out towards the manosphere in general. I first heard about MGTOW itself back in 2016, but it's been so long that I don't remember how.

    And a little about me: I'm a guy who likes to play games, watch anime and read manga, learn about stuff that interests me and do some creative stuff having to do with game development (although I haven't actually done anything playable so far). I'll most likely start studying again in the next semester and am aspiring to become an engineer. I've lived in 3 countries for at least 2 years and am fluent in 2 languages(though my Swedish may be a bit rusty since I don't use it much).

    The only reason I heard of this site is because I searched "MGTOW" in bing after the reddit sub got banned. Things looked to be interesting so I decided to register.

    Hope this will suffice, but anything else could always be answered if you guys want to know more.
    Hi Krene,

    Thank you for contacting us. It appears you have seen our How To Intro sticky, thank you for following the format.

    Your opening comment sounds like you are not currently a member of any MGTOW forum? Your Intro title suggests you may not be MGTOW but are interested in what it is all about? Also, it sounds like you have not visited our website earlier to get a handle on who we are? If that is the case, let me please say that membership on our website is for men who have taken the red pill and who wish to communicate with each other. If you are just interested in the MGTOW "philosophy" but are not (yet) MGTOW yourself, we would refer you to the many youtube videos and online articles. We would also invite you to view our website as a nonmember which does not require registration. You could communicate with us via our sub-forum called Nonmember Questions and Opposing Views.


    If you are MGTOW, then your Intro is incomplete and I would talk to you about that. But, let me first ask you two questions which will help me understand you:

    1) Do you have hopes for a girlfriend or wife, or of having an emotional relationship with a woman?

    2) If a woman wanted to have an emotional relationship with you, would you let it happen?

    Please reply back to those questions and we'll go from there. As before, your post will not immediately appear until a moderator has first seen it.

    Thank you.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    11
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Just a man wishing to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Hi Krene,

    Thank you for contacting us. It appears you have seen our How To Intro sticky, thank you for following the format.

    Your opening comment sounds like you are not currently a member of any MGTOW forum? Your Intro title suggests you may not be MGTOW but are interested in what it is all about? Also, it sounds like you have not visited our website earlier to get a handle on who we are? If that is the case, let me please say that membership on our website is for men who have taken the red pill and who wish to communicate with each other. If you are just interested in the MGTOW "philosophy" but are not (yet) MGTOW yourself, we would refer you to the many youtube videos and online articles. We would also invite you to view our website as a nonmember which does not require registration. You could communicate with us via our sub-forum called Nonmember Questions and Opposing Views.


    If you are MGTOW, then your Intro is incomplete and I would talk to you about that. But, let me first ask you two questions which will help me understand you:

    1) Do you have hopes for a girlfriend or wife, or of having an emotional relationship with a woman?

    2) If a woman wanted to have an emotional relationship with you, would you let it happen?

    Please reply back to those questions and we'll go from there. As before, your post will not immediately appear until a moderator has first seen it.

    Thank you.
    Ah yes, I'll clarify that I've been mainly learning from other peoples experiences over the years. In order to protect myself due to my distrust of the systems our society runs by, I do indeed follow the MGTOW philosophy. With the current state of how things are, the 2 questions you asked me would have to be responded with a sound "no". There really isn't any benefit in it for me and I have seen that through what some of my relatives have gone through (divorces and of the like), a lot of media I have consumed as well as my pessimistic view over anything being able to happen to others can and will happen to me. And as stated in the first paragraph, I do not have a history of relationships and thus can not be in one. I also find there are more important things in life than that and would, as far as I can imagine, follow up on my past self's actions of "Always felt there were more important things to do even if someone was interested." Because of this I would say that no, I do not have any such relations beyond relatives and there isn't anything in it for me to be in one, as well as not letting it happen.

    The title itself is mainly referring to me wanting to learn from others as time goes on, as new information regarding MGTOW can always be made and learning what other men have experienced would help me in my own life as well. Although I generally never posted stuff, that is mainly because I mostly lurk over posting. I would say that I have taken the red pill for a few years at least, but learning from my more experienced peers is always a good thing. Although I am not currently a member of any forum specifically, most of my time with MGTOW was spent just lurking on reddit (where they can warn and ban you for wrongthink) while consuming a lot of media regarding MGTOW.

    I would say that I follow the philosophy of MGTOW while I go through my life, although there are many ways one can do it. My main goal is to be able to live most similarly to a ghost, as I seem to understand it by the subforum content over here.

    Hope this answers what you needed to know before any other clarifications, but I can always say more if needed.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,047
    Reputation
    12926
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Just a man wishing to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krene View Post
    Ah yes, I'll clarify that I've been mainly learning from other peoples experiences over the years. In order to protect myself due to my distrust of the systems our society runs by, I do indeed follow the MGTOW philosophy. With the current state of how things are, the 2 questions you asked me would have to be responded with a sound "no". There really isn't any benefit in it for me and I have seen that through what some of my relatives have gone through (divorces and of the like), a lot of media I have consumed as well as my pessimistic view over anything being able to happen to others can and will happen to me. And as stated in the first paragraph, I do not have a history of relationships and thus can not be in one. I also find there are more important things in life than that and would, as far as I can imagine, follow up on my past self's actions of "Always felt there were more important things to do even if someone was interested." Because of this I would say that no, I do not have any such relations beyond relatives and there isn't anything in it for me to be in one, as well as not letting it happen.

    The title itself is mainly referring to me wanting to learn from others as time goes on, as new information regarding MGTOW can always be made and learning what other men have experienced would help me in my own life as well. Although I generally never posted stuff, that is mainly because I mostly lurk over posting. I would say that I have taken the red pill for a few years at least, but learning from my more experienced peers is always a good thing. Although I am not currently a member of any forum specifically, most of my time with MGTOW was spent just lurking on reddit (where they can warn and ban you for wrongthink) while consuming a lot of media regarding MGTOW.

    I would say that I follow the philosophy of MGTOW while I go through my life, although there are many ways one can do it. My main goal is to be able to live most similarly to a ghost, as I seem to understand it by the subforum content over here.

    Hope this answers what you needed to know before any other clarifications, but I can always say more if needed.

    Hmm... I have some questions, yes...

    With the current state of how things are, the 2 questions you asked me would have to be responded with a sound "no".
    Well, that doesn't sound resolute at all. Men who take the red pill are resolute, unmistakably. Your response sounds like I've cornered you into saying that. I am hearing in this that whatever your current state of things, you know it can change to where the answers to either/both of my two questions might no longer be a sound "no"? These are temporary "no's" that you are giving me, yes? Do I understand you correctly here?


    I would say that I follow the philosophy of MGTOW while I go through my life, although there are many ways one can do it.
    Again, you do not sound resolute that you are MGTOW. What do you mean, there are many ways? Which way of the many are you? I hear you are hoping to be agreeable to me somehow instead of actually stating affirmatively where you are.

    Earlier in composing this reply I thought I'd be picking at words when you say you are "following MGTOW" instead of saying "I am a MGTOW" except now with the lack of resolve that I perceive above I am beginning to think you are not red pill but surely appreciative of the philosophy.

    You never say you are MGTOW and your responses are not resolute. Like you have not taken that step for yourself. You indicate that you have no relationship history and this fits my overall perception that you are only academically involved with MGTOW which is not a bad thing at all but still you have not claimed the label for yourself.

    That's what I'm thinking, based on all that you have written.

    You know, if you really are not MGTOW, if you really have not swallowed the red pill, if you really are unsure or prefer to still try to figure it all out at this time, that is ok. Please help me to know where you actually are.

    Thank you.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    11
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Just a man wishing to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Hmm... I have some questions, yes...



    Well, that doesn't sound resolute at all. Men who take the red pill are resolute, unmistakably. Your response sounds like I've cornered you into saying that. I am hearing in this that whatever your current state of things, you know it can change to where the answers to either/both of my two questions might no longer be a sound "no"? These are temporary "no's" that you are giving me, yes? Do I understand you correctly here?




    Again, you do not sound resolute that you are MGTOW. What do you mean, there are many ways? Which way of the many are you? I hear you are hoping to be agreeable to me somehow instead of actually stating affirmatively where you are.

    Earlier in composing this reply I thought I'd be picking at words when you say you are "following MGTOW" instead of saying "I am a MGTOW" except now with the lack of resolve that I perceive above I am beginning to think you are not red pill but surely appreciative of the philosophy.

    You never say you are MGTOW and your responses are not resolute. Like you have not taken that step for yourself. You indicate that you have no relationship history and this fits my overall perception that you are only academically involved with MGTOW which is not a bad thing at all but still you have not claimed the label for yourself.

    That's what I'm thinking, based on all that you have written.

    You know, if you really are not MGTOW, if you really have not swallowed the red pill, if you really are unsure or prefer to still try to figure it all out at this time, that is ok. Please help me to know where you actually are.

    Thank you.
    I'll need to apologize over any confusion I'm giving to you. That's just kind of how I normally answer questions so I'll try to do it in a way that's less confusing to you. I'm not being cornered into it, that's just how it comes out on my mind.

    The many ways I am referring to to live out your life as an MGTOW is how you go about in how you treat it in general. I'm mainly talking about the ghost and bachelor styles that seem to be the words used here. I also think of the different ways people do it like either going monk mode or still sleeping with others. I've never really been one to use labels or anything, so I've usually just thought of myself as a man who doesn't chase validation and through various resources I'm trying to learn to protect myself and whatever property I'll have in the future. Though I guess that's sort of a tangent. When I say "follow the philosophy", I pretty much mean that I am part of it. So in this case since I follow the philosophy of MGTOW, that I would indeed be going my own way. I just don't really think of labels such as "I am X". Labels never really meant anything to me as they are just words, often times without actions backing them up.

    Regarding the "no" part you wanted clarification on, my view is basically that it's not worth getting into relationships in the first place, and I have no desire to do so anyways. When I wrote about the current state of things, I didn't mean about myself. That was mainly a comment about society as a whole which I don't see changing any time soon. Even then, there is no guarantee things won't plunge for the worse in the case where a man isn't basically guaranteed to lose it all if the situation ever did improve. With these views I can't see myself desiring a relationship or anything similar. Be it the risks involved or my own priorities in life, I see no point in it and the risks are simply too high anyways.

    Does this suffice to help you understand where I am more clearly? I can always write more if needed.

  6. #6
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,047
    Reputation
    12926
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Just a man wishing to learn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Krene View Post
    I'll need to apologize over any confusion I'm giving to you. That's just kind of how I normally answer questions so I'll try to do it in a way that's less confusing to you. I'm not being cornered into it, that's just how it comes out on my mind.

    The many ways I am referring to to live out your life as an MGTOW is how you go about in how you treat it in general. I'm mainly talking about the ghost and bachelor styles that seem to be the words used here. I also think of the different ways people do it like either going monk mode or still sleeping with others. I've never really been one to use labels or anything, so I've usually just thought of myself as a man who doesn't chase validation and through various resources I'm trying to learn to protect myself and whatever property I'll have in the future. Though I guess that's sort of a tangent. When I say "follow the philosophy", I pretty much mean that I am part of it. So in this case since I follow the philosophy of MGTOW, that I would indeed be going my own way. I just don't really think of labels such as "I am X". Labels never really meant anything to me as they are just words, often times without actions backing them up.

    Regarding the "no" part you wanted clarification on, my view is basically that it's not worth getting into relationships in the first place, and I have no desire to do so anyways. When I wrote about the current state of things, I didn't mean about myself. That was mainly a comment about society as a whole which I don't see changing any time soon. Even then, there is no guarantee things won't plunge for the worse in the case where a man isn't basically guaranteed to lose it all if the situation ever did improve. With these views I can't see myself desiring a relationship or anything similar. Be it the risks involved or my own priorities in life, I see no point in it and the risks are simply too high anyways.

    Does this suffice to help you understand where I am more clearly? I can always write more if needed.
    Hi Krene,

    I suppose as far as label usage goes, it confused me whether you were MGTOW or were a non-MGTOW who is enjoying it from a distance. However, you have clarified for me that you have no desire to get into relationships, a critical point in saying one is Going His Own Way.

    I have now moved your account out of moderation and you are free to post on the site. Before you do, however, please read our site Principles by clicking on that word at the top of this page, in the black bar.

    Please also read the three Memo to members found at the top of this Lounge sticky:

    Lounge Stickies - Please Read

    Thank you, and Welcome!
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax


Similar Threads

  1. Hey You! How Did You Learn of MGTOW?
    By Travis3000 in forum Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 2, 2018, 7:44 AM
  2. We can learn a lot from women.
    By Opaque in forum Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: July 23, 2017, 7:25 PM
  3. If you could learn a skill..
    By MGTOW Nomad in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: June 26, 2016, 10:58 AM
  4. This guy has a lot to learn but I wish him luck.
    By Neo in forum The MGTOW Video Vault
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 11, 2015, 1:30 AM
  5. Rant: Most men will never learn
    By GabrielKnight in forum Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 3, 2014, 10:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •