Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Where is your bug out town or country?

    There are places left in the US where you can live off grid and fly under the radar, and also decent countries you could expatriate to. You could also quit working and get on disability or something and just pick a very small town with section 8 housing, though you would have to live among the poor and their bad habits.

    Anywhere in West Texas is always an option, some places in New Mexico and Arizona. Kanab, Utah is a quaint little town I passed through years ago.

    Some people leave the country and go abroad. On Nacho's old board I remember someone mentioning the Island of Nuie (new-way) and a few other British protectorates.


    I routinely browse Google maps for places like that.

    So where is your escape plan?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    456
    Reputation
    2435
    Type
    Morlock

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Australia still has some very remote towns, I am not sure you would really want to live in them though. When you drive through some of those places you get a really eerie feeling. Think the backwaters of the USA for comparison. You would have to be very self sufficient as in have the cash as employment opportunities in them are almost non existent.

    I've heard Vietnam and Thailand are good as escapes, cheap living etc I don't know much about their cultures though asides from the inevitable prostitution comments which Alik will make

    I've always liked the idea of Iceland for some reason probably sucks and would obviously be cold but I like the idea of being somewhere that would look and feel very alien.

  3. #3

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Right now my immediate attention is focused on some financial goals; but I plan to relocate to TX within the next year or two, it is definitely in the cards for me at this point. The state I live in is currently trying to pass an extremely unconstitutional gun control bill, and if successful I will definitely be relocating sooner rather than later.

    My long term plan is to continue accumulating and diversify my assets; by the time I am 40 retirement should be in the cards if I choose to do so. I am not sure what I will actually do when I get to that point, but either way I plan to eventually retire in the Philippines. I think it will be fairly well insulated from all the bullshit that is currently destroying all the western nations, and I can probably use my wealth and resources to establish myself nicely there. Hopefully I can have everything set up so even if there is some sort of global financial meltdown, I will still have sustainable operations and I can at least survive and possibly even thrive down there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Knarley Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Kandiyohi County, Minnesota
    Posts
    554
    Reputation
    2516
    Type
    Toxic old fart

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    If one is living ANYWHERE rural.....No need to go anywhwere. Ya don't want to be where are a lot of people. Rural? You are already there.
    Before you go in for "supplies", let all the city dwellers kill each other off first.
    As soon as she says "I do", she don't
    MOLON LABE......."Come take them"

  5. #5

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    I'm unsure. The Netherlands are pretty crowded, except in the rural north - where it's mostly soggy grass farmlands (suitable for cattle, not so much for grain). Considering now to retire to that region. The downside is that gas extraction in the region has made the ground slightly unstable, minor tremors are common. I was considering to go to Iceland instead but... dunno. A new language, a new culture... I don't much like to travel, and don't much like change. Makes sense to stay somewhere familiar, even if it'll fall to pieces in this low nation of ours.
    Shame is a womans primary weapon. Watch for it, and call it out wherever you see it. Few women know how to handle a man immune to shame.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,597
    Reputation
    16777
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Eastern Europe is okay to live in if you stay out of trouble.

    For the US, Idaho, West Texas, Utah, some parts of Nevada, Eastern California, etc.

    Never been to Asia, Africa or Australia so I do not know honestly.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16239

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthine View Post
    Right now my immediate attention is focused on some financial goals; but I plan to relocate to TX within the next year or two, it is definitely in the cards for me at this point. The state I live in is currently trying to pass an extremely unconstitutional gun control bill, and if successful I will definitely be relocating sooner rather than later.

    My long term plan is to continue accumulating and diversify my assets; by the time I am 40 retirement should be in the cards if I choose to do so. I am not sure what I will actually do when I get to that point, but either way I plan to eventually retire in the Philippines. I think it will be fairly well insulated from all the bullshit that is currently destroying all the western nations, and I can probably use my wealth and resources to establish myself nicely there. Hopefully I can have everything set up so even if there is some sort of global financial meltdown, I will still have sustainable operations and I can at least survive and possibly even thrive down there.
    Do you have a gun ?
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,986
    Reputation
    23733
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Morlock View Post
    Australia still has some very remote towns, I am not sure you would really want to live in them though.
    Become an opal miner. No-one asks awkward questions.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    83
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    I'm in the US and I am about to purchase a motorhome to live in. I'll be parking it at a relative's farm in the next week or two, where I can stay pretty much as long as I like, assuming the county officials don't get too nosey.
    To me, it's a good fit. My home will be paid off, no rent or mortgage, and I can go pretty much wherever I feel like going.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    456
    Reputation
    2435
    Type
    Morlock

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gault View Post
    I'm in the US and I am about to purchase a motorhome to live in. I'll be parking it at a relative's farm in the next week or two, where I can stay pretty much as long as I like, assuming the county officials don't get too nosey.
    To me, it's a good fit. My home will be paid off, no rent or mortgage, and I can go pretty much wherever I feel like going.
    Short of living Grizzly Adams style in what is left of some forest or a really backward country like Mongolia, that is probably the most free we get to be now.

  11. #11

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    Do you have a gun ?
    Haha yeah, have about a dozen of them so far.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16239

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthine View Post
    Haha yeah, have about a dozen of them so far.
    You know it can be fun
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  13. #13
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    96
    Reputation
    760
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthine View Post
    Haha yeah, have about a dozen of them so far.
    Would you have to sell off your gun collection if you're planning to move to the Philippines? I collect knives since guns are illegal here, and I can take my knife collection with me worldwide.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    83
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Planning to live in a motorhome, it will not always be legal to keep a firearm while traveling state to state. It's similar to living in a country that does not allow firearms, which I see being discussed in these threads. I have 2 alternatives for consideration if you can not have a firearm and still want defensive capability.
    My disclaimer: No other weapon a citizen can own is as effective as a firearm for defense. Every alternative is only for situations where a firearm is not available. This is not alternative weapons vs firearms because firearms win every time. If you can own a firearm, get one.

    If you can not own a firearm, look into a full auto paintball gun loaded with Bulls Breaker Balls, (coated marbles) which makes for a decent mid-range defensive weapon. Getting hit with those feels like getting hit with brass knuckles, I hear. (No, I will not be testing this firsthand because I like myself more than that) The hopper holds more shots than most magazines. Can also load pepperballs instead of or in addition to the breakers. After unloading the hopper, concentrating fire on the head and face, you should be able to finish the attacker manually without much of a fight. Paintball guns are legal in more places than firearms, especially if you keep protective paintball gear with it so it looks like your hobby. Warning, if you use one for defense before civilization collapses, you will be answering uncomfortable questions at the police station and probably facing charges. Again, a firearm is more effective if you have access to one.

    Wasp knife. If you are relying on a knife for defense during SHTF, a Wasp knife might be what you want. A Wasp knife has a CO2 cartridge in the handle and a channel up the blade with exit ports near the tip. When a button at the handle is pressed, all the CO2 exits the knife out the ports. There is enough CO2 in the cartridge to fill a basketball. If that blade is inside a body when the button is pressed, CO2 will fill the cavity, freezing solid any blood, tissue, or organs it contacts. (Compressed gas comes out ice cold when released suddenly) Way I see it, if you defend yourself during SHTF, you're going to want the confrontation over with quickly and permanently. A Wasp knife will do that. A firearm is far more effective than a knife, so get one instead if you can. Needless to say, it's illegal to kill a person in most places, so it would be a bad idea to do so in all but the most drastic situations.

    Could probably do a whole thread dedicated to defense while bugging out, filled with alternative weapons like crossbows, swords, clubs, ect... I just threw out 2 I liked for consideration. Choose what works for you.

    For those who are pacifists, stay hidden and good luck.

    In a last attempt to avoid the "Just get a gun" response, I agree. Get a firearm for defense if you can.

  15. #15
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    96
    Reputation
    760
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gault View Post
    Planning to live in a motorhome, it will not always be legal to keep a firearm while traveling state to state. It's similar to living in a country that does not allow firearms, which I see being discussed in these threads. I have 2 alternatives for consideration if you can not have a firearm and still want defensive capability.
    My disclaimer: No other weapon a citizen can own is as effective as a firearm for defense. Every alternative is only for situations where a firearm is not available. This is not alternative weapons vs firearms because firearms win every time. If you can own a firearm, get one.

    If you can not own a firearm, look into a full auto paintball gun loaded with Bulls Breaker Balls, (coated marbles) which makes for a decent mid-range defensive weapon. Getting hit with those feels like getting hit with brass knuckles, I hear. (No, I will not be testing this firsthand because I like myself more than that) The hopper holds more shots than most magazines. Can also load pepperballs instead of or in addition to the breakers. After unloading the hopper, concentrating fire on the head and face, you should be able to finish the attacker manually without much of a fight. Paintball guns are legal in more places than firearms, especially if you keep protective paintball gear with it so it looks like your hobby. Warning, if you use one for defense before civilization collapses, you will be answering uncomfortable questions at the police station and probably facing charges. Again, a firearm is more effective if you have access to one.

    Wasp knife. If you are relying on a knife for defense during SHTF, a Wasp knife might be what you want. A Wasp knife has a CO2 cartridge in the handle and a channel up the blade with exit ports near the tip. When a button at the handle is pressed, all the CO2 exits the knife out the ports. There is enough CO2 in the cartridge to fill a basketball. If that blade is inside a body when the button is pressed, CO2 will fill the cavity, freezing solid any blood, tissue, or organs it contacts. (Compressed gas comes out ice cold when released suddenly) Way I see it, if you defend yourself during SHTF, you're going to want the confrontation over with quickly and permanently. A Wasp knife will do that. A firearm is far more effective than a knife, so get one instead if you can. Needless to say, it's illegal to kill a person in most places, so it would be a bad idea to do so in all but the most drastic situations.

    Could probably do a whole thread dedicated to defense while bugging out, filled with alternative weapons like crossbows, swords, clubs, ect... I just threw out 2 I liked for consideration. Choose what works for you.

    For those who are pacifists, stay hidden and good luck.

    In a last attempt to avoid the "Just get a gun" response, I agree. Get a firearm for defense if you can.
    Good info, thanks. I can get CO2 guns with steel ball bearings here so I will look into it. I am preparing for the worst, I see bad things coming in the coming decades once the reality of societal and climate collapse starts to go mainstream, economic collapse and failure of the agriculture infrastructure leads to food shortages and mass riots. For this reason I am a prepper.

    As for a knife, some of my knives are perfectly adequate for defense. This is one of them:

    https://spartanbladesusa.com/spartan-harsey-difensa/

    I wonder if it is worth the risk to attempt to get hold of a real firearm from the dark web or locally via the black market underworld in my city.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    83
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    UnFUcked, in my opinion, it is not worth the risk to obtain a firearm illegally. It's not about right or wrong, it's about risk. In the US, there are heavy penalties for possessing illegal firearms which include prison time.
    With alternatives available, and zip guns easily made, it is not worth the risk.
    If SHTF, one could do what the French did in WW2 during the occupation with the single shot Liberator pistols. They used that single shot pistol to take out a soldier, then take the soldier's rifle, walking away armed.

    I'm going to make this my last post about defense in this thread. Don't want to hijack the bugout location topic.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,217
    Reputation
    9525
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Are you fucking kidding me, man?! The thread title IS a JOKE to me.

    Thanks to this GREAT phase of this completely "awesome, MAN!" Western "Society," I do NOT HAVE ANY money for that stuff anymore. I love you.

    Yeah, sure, I SOOoo love ya, Uncle Sam...Plus I REALLY love ya TOO, ya loveble and very FUCKABLE "new world order!"

    I just LOVE ya, man!!

    You're the BEST ever!

    Gotta REALLY love the elites to WHERE NOW if you FUCKING DARE TO CALL 'em OUT on their TRANSPARENT crap, "NO NO--SON"--you're MAGICALLY a "racist" or a "homophobe" or "YOU ARE DELUSIONAL!". Bonus points for THAT LIE!

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    368
    Reputation
    1439
    Type
    Noob to mgtow

    Re: Where is your bug out town or country?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wombat View Post
    Become an opal miner. No-one asks awkward questions.
    True. Coober Pedy is remote. Cape York and Broome come to mind also if u don't mind the heat.
    Tassie looks small but has some isolated areas as well. And much cooler climate.


Similar Threads

  1. Ghost town
    By frog in forum Lounge
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: August 22, 2018, 8:58 AM
  2. Mayhem in town
    By TheRecipe in forum Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 8, 2015, 6:28 AM
  3. An Old Buddy Comes to Town
    By Matt Foley in forum Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 5, 2014, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •