Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1

    Question What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    I occasionally end up on 4chan. Sites like these tend to have content that disqualifies the positive in life and magnifies the shortcomings instead, conditioning you to feel constantly helpless and doomed. I just accidentally went on 4chan and read a bunch of posts that demoralized me, from people complaining about being born in the third world to incels lamenting their luck for not being born chads. YouTube algorithim pushes this kind of content to me too.

    For example, a person on 4chan would complain that he wants to comm1t su1c1de because he's from a third world country, not rich, not attractive enough or not intelligent enough, and people's replies reinforce the same idea.

    It's always this: unless your life is flawless, and everything about you is creme de la creme, from broad things like geography (living in first world country) or genes, or having perfect relationships with other people you might as well k1II yourself.

    This kind of content causes me to evaluate myself on what is presented, and then I would realize:
    - Wait, I am from a third world country too.
    - Well, my IQ is 97, so I am not intelligent too.
    - He's right, I will never be a millionaire.
    - Girls will never hit on me.
    - Oh damn, guess my situation is gloomy...

    And this will cause me to feel immense depression and demoralization.

    But again, before being exposed to this kind of content, I was outgoing and neutrally happy.

    Apart from deliberately filtering this kind of content, what can I do to not feel down? I'd prefer to memorize arguments that rebut this line of thought better.
    Last edited by frompaintogain; December 7, 2021 at 7:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    182
    Reputation
    270
    Type
    Monk

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Not sure what “black pill” is, but how you feel is a conscious choice you make and not dependent on your surroundings.

    There are people who check all the boxes, but don’t make that choice.

    Take for example Anthony Bourdain: tall, intelligent, rich, good looking, healthy, smart, well liked, hot girlfriend half his age, gets paid millions to fly around the world to stay in luxury hotels, eat 5 star food with outstanding people.
    That guy, with that job and that life, committed suicide!!!

    Do you get my point?

  3. #3

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Not sure what “black pill” is, but how you feel is a conscious choice you make and not dependent on your surroundings.

    There are people who check all the boxes, but don’t make the constant choice on how to feel.

    Take for example Anthony Bourdain: tall, intelligent, rich, good looking, healthy, smart, well liked, hot girlfriend half his age, gets paid millions to fly around the world to stay in luxury hotels, eat 5 star food with outstanding people.
    That guy, with that job and that life, committed suicide!!!

    Do you get my point?
    Yes, I get what you are trying to say.

    A summary of what the black pill is this:
    The "black pill" generally refers to a set of commonly held beliefs in incel communities, which include biological determinism, fatalism, and defeatism for unattractive people. Biological defeatism is that if you are average, your genes are trash. The way you feel mentally is inherently flawed. Your intelligence is deficient, and your strength is inferior. On the other hand, people who are better than you are genetically better, which means that you are inferior in all aspects, even your conciousness (the way you perceive reality) is limited. Society "senses" this inferiority in you innately, and so they will automatically ostracize you and hate you, causing you to be extremely depressed.
    Your skull shape, and eye color, height and all these things are the sole arbitrators of your worth. So if your head looks like a snail and you are a "manlet", you are "inferior".
    Black pill just says that only the tall, strong, fit, intelligent and genetically fit are worthy of living.
    Very, very dark ideology and line of thought.

    I don't believe in the black pill to the extent to which I am describing it. I believe in the lower end of the ideology, that my genes and circumstances are not the best, and it feels demoralizing. I don't care how people perceive me, I care about how I perceive myself, and I perceive myself badly. Not to the extent I don't get out of bed, but to the extent in which I feel that the things that impede me are beyond my control.

    Cutting exposure to websites that promote this type of content (4chan, and some subreddits on reddit) reduces the dread felt by 85%, but the remaining 15% is still enough to create low self-esteem in you, and for me, that 15% has been lingering for months. I just believe that it's true that some people are inherently better than me and I would be dwarfed in comparison to them, and the fact that this specific fact is always true is demoralizing.

    It's because the sites that push black pill thinking also try to condition its users to make their expectations of life high, which proportionally worsens their state of mind because they're trying to elevate fixed traits. They can't change their skull shape, or intelligence.

    My English is trash, I hope you understood what I am trying to say.
    Last edited by frompaintogain; December 7, 2021 at 9:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    182
    Reputation
    270
    Type
    Monk

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by frompaintogain View Post
    Yes, I get what you are trying to say.

    A summary of what the black pill is this:
    The "black pill" generally refers to a set of commonly held beliefs in incel communities, which include biological determinism, fatalism, and defeatism for unattractive people. Biological defeatism is that if you are average, your genes are trash. The way you feel mentally is inherently flawed. Your intelligence is deficient, and your strength is inferior. On the other hand, people who are better than you are genetically better, which means that you are inferior in all aspects, even your conciousness (the way you perceive reality) is limited. Society "senses" this inferiority in you innately, and so they will automatically ostracize you and hate you, causing you to be extremely depressed.
    Your skull shape, and eye color, height and all these things are the sole arbitrators of your worth. So if your head looks like a snail and you are a "manlet", you are "inferior".
    Black pill just says that only the tall, strong, fit, intelligent and genetically fit are worthy of living.
    Very, very dark ideology and line of thought.

    I don't believe in the black pill to the extent to which I am describing it. I believe in the lower end of the ideology, that my genes and circumstances are not the best, and it feels demoralizing. I don't care how people perceive me, I care about how I perceive myself, and I perceive myself badly. Not to the extent I don't get out of bed, but to the extent in which I feel that the things that impede me are beyond my control.

    Cutting exposure to websites that purport this type of content (4chan, and some subreddits on reddits) reduces the dread felt by 85%, but the remaining 15% is still enough to create low self-esteem in you, and for me, that 15% has been lingering for months. I just believe that it's true that some people are inherently better than me and I would be dwarfed in comparison to them, and the fact that this specific fact is always true is demoralizing.

    It's because the sites that push black pill thinking also try to condition its users to make their expectations of life high, which proportionally worsens their state of mind because they're trying to elevate fixed traits. They can't change their skull shape, or intelligence.

    My English is trash, I hope you understood what I am trying to say.
    Your english is excellent.

    This black pill stuff serves no purpose. No point even occupying your thoughts with that.
    Just seems like a bunch of weirdos inventing imaginary problems.

    Life is an experience.
    There is no good or bad, no right or wrong. Just different kinds of experiences.

    A tall person doesn’t experience being short and vice versa. There is no point in comparing experiences and that’s what this black pill stuff seems to be doing.

    And in the end we all experience death and nothing matters anyways.
    Just enjoy the experience you have.

  5. #5
    Member Chris007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    126
    Reputation
    257
    Type
    Worry free

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    This is easy for me to say because I grew up and live in a 1st world country. What amazes me is how few people in 1st world countries are actually happy. We live in a constant rat race, most people are consumed by personal debt, our interactions with each other are mostly based on status or never ending dick swinging about what you have, what vacations you go on, what car you drive, how good looking your girlfriend is.
    People from 3rd world countries, who don't have this situation tend to be happier overall. When you compare your situation with the lifestyle of a 1st world country, you really should take into consideration the downside of that culture. They might possess more superficial stuff then you do but that also comes with an insane amount of headache. Not to mention the possibility of losing it all. The more you have, the more you tend to lose.
    Don't be depressed or suicidal of your situation, if you want this then take the steps to get there and achieve it. But be careful what you wish for, you might actually get it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    687
    Reputation
    1328
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    I'm black pill to a large degree but it doesn't mean I have a gloomy outlook. It just taught me to realign my belief system and what really matters. I can feel great satisfaction in just looking out the window and seeing my garden or listening to a song. Having a coffee in a cafe. I realized that striving for certain things and causing myself damage to try and attain them and then keep is just stupidity. In the end we all die. Nothing is forever and I don't have kids to hand an empire down to.

    I don't go on sites like 4Chan but from what I am gathering it sounds like a version of Woke for the Non Woke to me. As in the Woke are always looking for something to be angry about, always seeing racism, sexism somewhere, always having to be on guard and pissed off, always seeing an enemy.

    I think that extreme is fucked up too. No one cares about you one way or the other, you can take that as a terrible thing or you can see it as freedom. The choice is yours.
    Last edited by Kryptic; December 8, 2021 at 3:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,238
    Reputation
    3693
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by frompaintogain View Post
    I occasionally end up on 4chan. Sites like these tend to have content that disqualifies the positive in life and magnifies the shortcomings instead, conditioning you to feel constantly helpless and doomed. I just accidentally went on 4chan and read a bunch of posts that demoralized me, from people complaining about being born in the third world to incels lamenting their luck for not being born chads. YouTube algorithim pushes this kind of content to me too.

    For example, a person on 4chan would complain that he wants to comm1t su1c1de because he's from a third world country, not rich, not attractive enough or not intelligent enough, and people's replies reinforce the same idea.

    It's always this: unless your life is flawless, and everything about you is creme de la creme, from broad things like geography (living in first world country) or genes, or having perfect relationships with other people you might as well k1II yourself.

    This kind of content causes me to evaluate myself on what is presented, and then I would realize:
    - Wait, I am from a third world country too.
    - Well, my IQ is 97, so I am not intelligent too.
    - He's right, I will never be a millionaire.
    - Girls will never hit on me.
    - Oh damn, guess my situation is gloomy...

    And this will cause me to feel immense depression and demoralization.

    But again, before being exposed to this kind of content, I was outgoing and neutrally happy.

    Apart from deliberately filtering this kind of content, what can I do to not feel down? I'd prefer to memorize arguments that rebut this line of thought better.
    I don’t know much about the black pill, but from what you’ve stated here and the few other things I’ve read I’m quite happy not to know.

    You state that you want to know about it in order to argue against it. This seems like wasted effort to me especially if it’s getting to you.

    There are many opinions within the MGTOW community about what it means to be MGTOW over and above the 3 basic principles, but most will agree it is about self-improvement.

    Ditch the things that are causing you grief and concentrate on things that bring you joy.

    Reading and viewing things about the black pill seem to be causing you grief – ditch the habit.

    If it helps, think of them as trolls intent on destroying your harmony.

    Are you the perfect male specimen? I doubt it and know for certain I’m not. It can take a bit of time and effort but stop measuring yourself by someone else’s ruler.

    Take some time to look at the real world around you instead of what you read online or watch on video.

    For myself I see tall guys with short women and short guys with tall women. I see rich and poor getting along with each other just fine. I see happy and miserable people in all sections of the community, it makes no difference as to rich, poor, attractive, unattractive, tall or short etc.

    My advice: get a different interest or interests, this one seems to be having a very negative effect on you.

  8. #8

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Nothing is permanent, which raises the prospect that for every single human being, there WILL, more or less, be some type of suffering. All of us are going to get sick, grow old and eventually die. There isn't much to be jealous of.

    Let's say you're a billionaire alpha chad with a harem of women and servants - how will it stand the test of time? I don't know about you but NOTHING will stand the test of time. Not even the sun, which was here billions of years before us.

    In terms of depression statistics, places like the UK and USA have some of the highest levels in the world. People are living the rat race without proper rest and not giving enough time towards processing their emotions.

  9. #9

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by frompaintogain View Post
    - Wait, I am from a third world country too.
    - Well, my IQ is 97, so I am not intelligent too.
    - He's right, I will never be a millionaire.
    - Girls will never hit on me.
    - Oh damn, guess my situation is gloomy...
    I doubt this is the whole list but even then it's not much? Count your blessings - the fact that you even pry open the truth of things and accepting alternative facts means you atleast go common sense and good critical thinking, maybe you fail to attribute value to seeking the truth? It's literally what men excel at! Money doesn't buy happiness but it will provide comfort in misery, atleast you aren't starving living on the streets, things could technically always be worse, girls will never hit on you? And if they did, so what - women are nothing special, their wet holes don't deserve to be pedastalized.

    Those are the counters off the top of my head to those points, are there a more deep seated issue(s)
    When you're dead, will you care about having an average IQ, being a millionaire, or having girls hit on you - will any of that matter? Why the target fixation on these fantasies of what could have been, deal with what you have and enjoy life.

    A rather odd fixation on intelligence, you seem to think that being average is bad. Being too dumb or too smart both have serious downsides, again the grass is not greener on the other side.
    People in worse situations than you can be happier and people in better situations can feel even WORSE and kill themselves - humanz. It's all in your head hombre, always seeking something just at the edge that you can't quite grab.

    Reality sucks and life involves suffering, neither is it fair.
    Take enough redpills and they will turn black, knowledge is a blessing AND a curse.


    Just to add/edit, not sure what you're browsing on 4chan but if it isn't entertaining don't waste your time wallow in threads of self pity unless it's somehow beneficial to you. If I ever need a good laugh, open /B or /Pol - crazy people posting ridiculous stuff for your entertainment and it's free. If something provides no positive value to your life, drop it.
    Last edited by JustWannaRetireFk; December 8, 2021 at 5:54 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    687
    Reputation
    1328
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet of Truth View Post
    Nothing is permanent, which raises the prospect that for every single human being, there WILL, more or less, be some type of suffering. All of us are going to get sick, grow old and eventually die. There isn't much to be jealous of.

    Let's say you're a billionaire alpha chad with a harem of women and servants - how will it stand the test of time? I don't know about you but NOTHING will stand the test of time. Not even the sun, which was here billions of years before us.

    In terms of depression statistics, places like the UK and USA have some of the highest levels in the world. People are living the rat race without proper rest and not giving enough time towards processing their emotions.
    Mental health in the West has become another business. In Australia we have "R U OK Day" seriously, I couldn't make it up. No I am not OK, what are you going to do about it? Nothing? Recommend I see counselor? Not actually listen to or address any of the things that piss me off, especially work wise?

    It is all bullshit and I believe it adds to people feeling more tired and jaded, more depressed because they are told to pay attention to their mental health and yet everyone and everything around them just wants to tax it even more. The company I am contracted to is actually getting sued at the moment by it's staff because all it does is push people.

    I actually work in the Dept that deals with the fallout. There have been staff who have self harmed AT THEIR DESK! One guy slashed his throat at home. Staff go off the rails frequently, sometimes they just don't turn up. Yet no one stops to think about why.

  11. #11

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    4chan always has been, and always will be, a troll site. It exists for the purpose of demoralization, as a form of humor. So everything you ever see there is going to be horrible, hateful, and basically done specifically for the infliction of inciting emotional distress, by users for users. Which means it's complete shit.

    I used to play EVE: Online, an internet spaceship game designed for griefers and trolls, because the vikings that run it realized that assholes have money too. And it was swarming with 4chan users, being mean for the sake of mean. Nothing that goes on there should be taken seriously, and you would often get backstabbed for the sake of backstabbery. It's kinda like shit-testing in that regard. And you should avoid it. You kinda seem like you feel guilty for wanting to avoid it, but you shouldn't. I mean seriously, human beings and practically every other animal avoid rolling in shit , because it's nasty.

    Everybody agrees on that. People, cats, bears, wombats... everybody agrees that shit is nasty.

    Emotional boundaries exist for a reason, and people should maintain and enforce their own boundaries. And a bit part of that is purposefully avoiding shit. Rolling in shit doesn't prove that you are strong, it just proves that you don't know any better. And there are many people out there who will try to shame you for "not rolling in shit" on their behalf. Consider "Anti-Racism"... The central premise is that everybody, ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY, is a racist piece of shit, and the only thing you can do about it is walk around being an asshole calling everybody else a racist piece of shit. I'm not kidding, that really is their solution to racism.

    I think that was a big part of my Woke conditioning... seeking out ways to prove that I was good enough, strong enough, smart enough. Because I was told that it was "the right thing to do". And it all hurt me, again and again, until I started avoiding Woke shit.

    So simply put, cut that shit the hell out of your life. Yes, there will always be that 15% of anxiety, but even that can be dramatically lessened by building a secure, stable life away from toxic environments and influences. I quit the corporate job, moved out of the trendy area of the city, to work as a grocery clerk and live in a camper in the woods. I have way less income, but my lifestyle is so low-cost that I actually have more spending cash, when all is said and done.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,108
    Reputation
    6126
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    The Del Fuegos were a Boston, Massachusetts based garage-rock band in the 1980s. They had a song named "New Old World" whose central theme was taking responsibility for at least some of one's own misery. Through the decades, I've never forgotten one line of the (I think) last verse:

    Who's to blame for this shit? It gets hard to keep it off you when you paint your world in it.

    The point: What we consciously expose ourselves to is something we can control, even if we can't control our attractiveness or genes or IQ or where we were born.

    You asked, "Apart from deliberately filtering this kind of content, what can I do to not feel down?" Why would you not want to filter that content? Me, I have all kinds of shit I've deemed not worth my time filtered either in my router/firewall or in my Windows hosts file. (Oh yeah, I ban entire domains. That's how serious I am about how I spend my time.)

    Way OT: The Brave browser somehow ignores domains blocked at the router/firewall level, or at least it did at one time, so I swore it off. I may revisit it in the future but it's not a priority.

    What do you like to do? Can you monetize it in the future? How do you get there? What do you have to learn to get there? Plot a path and then get started. Use the Internet for serious stuff like that.

  13. #13

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    OP, what I'm going to write will be very generalizing and dualistic. I know things are more nuanced than that. But I want to avoid a wall of text as much as possible.
    I'm living in the "first world." What I'm seeing though is countless people are struggling here as well. I'd say they are actually no better of than "poor" people in the 3rd. Those people rely on wellfare and food distribution. I'd say the only difference is those sods are still wielding their Iphone on nike Airs. Having put themselves into debt over those useless things. My guestimate is about 1% are millionaire or richer. Yes the living standard is higher here but the level of complaining is as high. You'd be shocked by female parasites who are raising their CC vermin alone by the level of entitlement they are having. And the media is fueling that very hard. So no, we are not all filthy rich people, all driving BMW's and Mercedeses, living in vast mansions.
    When I'm speaking with people from 3rd W countries it strikes me how much of a victim mentality they're having. "Oh, poor me. I will never be as rich as those people in the FW." They refuse to look at themselves. Instead of making their own countries nice they risk their lives on fucking rafts to cross the Mediterranean Sea toward Europe. And they are despised in Europe. Why? Because they don't contribute anything, leech off wellfare and steal/ rob people there like they suddenly own the place. Now there are minorities in Europe who are highly appreciated. Because those people do contribute.
    Furthermore I'd say 3rdW people are stuck in the stone age with all kinds of traditions which I think don't make any sense at all. Take family loyalty f.e. That's something not to be debated with them. Not even if their families are dipshit abusive parasites. My POV is family are people who happen to share a few DNA molecules with me. That's it. In the 3rdW people are also overbreeding. I know: in the 1st people are underbreeding. My point is: a country can't sustain it's population when every couple is breeding 10 kids "for their old age."
    What I also think is the 1stW is keeping the 3rd down. How? By giving them developing money. I'd say we must stop that ASAP and let them fend for their own. We had to do that in the 1stW too. "But, RedPilledSimp. The west has gone rich over COLONIALISM." That's right. However: we still had to build those ships, develop those weapons and sail towards those areas ourselves. I'm not condoning the bad things westerns did there but it's been over 100 years ago. And I'm sure you would have done the same thing the other way around.
    So my advice is: stop being a victim, pull your head out of your ass and start building your own life. And no women won't hit on you. They aren't hitting on me either (despite belonging to said 1%). I'm in the 80% group which is invisible to women. Also I have no idea what my IQ is. Nor do I care. All I know is I'm quite clever in some fields and moronically stupid in other. So I exploit the fields I'm good at and it makes me a very good living. I also had to study and work hard to accomplish things in my live. Yes I was born with a silver spoon but my parents never gave me anything more than I needed. For all the extra's I had to work myselves. And nobody ever gave me something for free. Which are good things.
    You're a man FFS. Get a grip, brother and do us proud with what you manage to accomplish. Just open your heart, your eyes and your mind. 1 trick: you have skills which are SO easy for you, you don't even realize you have them. Know that those skills for other people are rocket science. Sell those skills.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,238
    Reputation
    3693
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedPilledSimp View Post
    But I want to avoid a wall of text as much as possible.
    Er, fail!

    I hope you don't mind a little humour.

    There were some points I agree with here and some not so much, but trying to keep it positive I particularly liked this:

    Quote Originally Posted by RedPilledSimp View Post
    you have skills which are SO easy for you, you don't even realize you have them. Know that those skills for other people are rocket science. Sell those skills.
    Good advice.

  15. #15

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    I hope you don't mind a little humour.


    I love it!!! Thanks!!!

  16. #16

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    This was such an interesting topic and comments that I joined in order to comment.

    I don't know a whole lot about black pill, but I have seen two types of content described as black pill. Some content was people sincerely describing their challenges in life, and at least some of that content was interesting. However, other so-called black pill content was people who had become so angry and/or depressed that they were expressing themselves in ways that they probably would never have typed, if they were posting under their actual name (such as them being terribly, terribly angry at the world, for example). I strongly disagree with that kind of content. (I occasionally saw the second type of content misposted as MGTOW posts, and I was not looking for that second type of content, as I disagree with it.)

    I think that when original poster asks how to be immune to black pill thinking, that he is basically asking how to have a positive attitude, even though perhaps he wishes that certain things about his life were different. Hopefully, that is a fair impression of his question.

    My answer to that question is that I think you can do things to have a more positive attitude, but one typically can't control feelings completely. But that's okay, you just need to control them well enough.

    If you are really having a problem with constant sadness or other negative emotions, it might be worth consulting a doctor. But if it's not that serious, then I think you may be able to control negative emotions well enough with some simple reasoning that challenges negative emotions when they occur to you. (Keep in mind that I'm not some psychologist; this is just ways of looking at the world that have helped me.)

    So, one thing that gets people sad is that they wish that things about themselves or their life in general were different. Now, some things you can improve with effort, and that's fine, but there may be limits to how much control you have over things. For example, maybe I want to save $2 million and retire, but perhaps my best efforts can only save $400,000. Well, I can get upset, but that's not going to help much. Or, I can set a more realistic goal of savings for retirement, based on what I can actually accomplish.

    Something else that people get caught up in is appearance. But think of this: If you are going MGTOW, appearance immediately becomes far less of an issue. I was one of these guys who wasn't very good at dating, and tried for so long before I finally got a long-time serious romantic relationship. Guess what? She had lots of personal problems -- in fact, she was probably settling with me because she couldn't get anyone better at the time, due to her problems. This taught me that a romantic relationship doesn't have to be one of the main goals of life. In fact, the wrong romantic relationship can really create a mess in one's life. Then, years later, I learned a lot more about MGTOW, and I discovered so many other stories from guys who also had bad experiences with romantic relationships. Anyway, while I'm sure there are probably stories of good-looking people having advantages in lots of areas of life, the fact is that, if you are a good worker and/or bring valuable skills, what you look like does not have near the importance as in dating.

    Another thing is comparing yourself to other people. Okay, think about this: There are, what, 9 billion or so people in the world. The odds are very good that there are many people doing better, and many people doing worse, than each of us. And that's assuming that there is even some meaningful way of ranking who's doing better or worse than others. Why compare? What good does it do? Isn't it far more meaningful and satisfying to figure out the type of life that you want for yourself, along with being a good person, and see how well you can achieve such a goal for yourself? Yes, you can probably think of people who almost certainly seem to be doing better than others. But consider this: Even if they really are having a great life, they will still not have everything, because they will never have the wisdom that comes from having to deal with unfairness and disappointment. You might think, who wants to have to go through that to get such wisdom? But it DOES have great value, because your successes will be all the more special when you know that you weren't just given everything with no challenge. (This is a real thing. I have seen wealthy people traveling and acting bored and uninterested, while getting to go on tours that lots of people could only wish for.) Also, when you see someone that you think is highly successful, there's no telling what their life is really like, that you could be unaware of. Lots of people hide personal suffering and past disappointments from others -- it's not exactly light conversation when they meet someone new! So, that is worth considering, too.

    Don't get too caught up on thinking that there is only one path to a happy life. Regardless of college degree or what someone scored on some college admissions exam, I think people often underrate the employment value of a responsible, honest, reliable person, who can be counted on by a company, year after year. It's not about becoming a medical doctor or everything else is just not as good -- it's about finding the job that you are a great fit for, and that allows you to accomplish what you want from life. It's also not just what you earn but what you spend. If you don't need to spend so much, perhaps you don't need to earn so much or maybe not even work so hard.

    So you see, it's not so simple as either one can have everything just the way one wants it, or they feel terrible. There's lots of different paths, and when something doesn't go quite the way you originally planned, it's easy to question if it was really that important for it to go exactly that way to begin with.

    I hope this had some value. I'll conclude with this: I think that, if what we get from life is anything, it is the experience. Whether it's our own personal experiences, or experiences that we learn about that other people had. For many of us, life is a roller coaster with ups and downs. Whatever our exact purpose in the world is, my guess is that it probably has a lot to do with experiencing all those ups and downs of life. If you didn't have the "downs" in life's roller coaster, you'd have a reduced experience of life, even though sometimes it seems so obvious to only want an easy life.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,238
    Reputation
    3693
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    I'm surprised such a long post from a new member got posted so quickly. I thought there was a moderation bucket for such things, but that's neither here nor there.

    You don't say whether or not you are a MGHOW yourself (This is a site reserved for MGTOW), but I like your general attitude.

  18. #18

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    @WXA - Welcome, and nice considered reply.

    Its usually safe to assume one joins GYOW.com because one is a MGHOW.

    You might have to excuse Jackoff here for being so suspicious - he tends to be one hell of a cynical fellow, but he warms up over time when he gets to know you. He also gave you your first like - I've not seen him give one this fast to a new member, so you must already be warming to his good side.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,238
    Reputation
    3693
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith79 View Post
    Its usually safe to assume one joins GYOW.com because one is a MGHOW.
    Usually, but not always.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith79 View Post
    You might have to excuse Jackoff here for being so suspicious - he tends to be one hell of a cynical fellow, but he warms up over time when he gets to know you. He also gave you your first like
    Yeah, I can be a bit of a prick sometimes.

    But I would also like to extend a welcome to you WXA.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith79 View Post
    I've not seen him give one this fast to a new member, so you must already be warming to his good side.
    Aaah, the innuendo here is very difficult to resist. But I will.
    Last edited by Jackoff; December 9, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    34
    Reputation
    170
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: What can be done to be immune to black pill thinking?

    I may be reposting this one alot it seems

    I will be making a video on this sometime this month, but it all comes down to resources. NOTE, i am an evolutionist so i have zero interest or patience with the scribbling of 3000 year old cave hermits.

    We know that at one point humans chased animals around with pointy sticks. We also know that at one point they stopped chasing animals and started growing plants to eat. Now, chasing animals is certainly more masculine then growing plants, but if it was blindingly obvious that the Wildebeast chasers where getting all the puntang, then i very much doubt that the seed planters would have kept planting long enough for it to be a thing. So for the agricultural revolution to happen, women must have selected the seed planters.

    This is why i am both a communist and a MGTOW, women select for whoever has the most resources. If one set of males have MASSIVELY more resources then another, they select for that group. If all the males have reasonably the same resources, they select more broadly. lemme give a more recent example.

    https://i.insider.com/5e384f345bc79c601c387664 wealth of 1%

    https://i0.wp.com/snippet.finance/wp...79%2C585&ssl=1 Wealth of bottom 90%

    https://blogs.sas.com/content/sastra..._marriage1.png Marrage Rates

    These graphs do not line up, you will have to eye ball it. What we see here is two things. First, look at the 1920s. As the wealth separated (more to the top less to the rest) marriage rates plummeted. Why? Because women where suddenly seeing men with HUGE amounts of resources and got more picky. The instant all that money went away in the 1930's, suddenly women where VERY interested in getting married again.

    The same is true today, starting around 1980s. As wealth concentrates from the late 70s to around 83/84, marriage slows down. Then around 85, we start seeing lower incomes falling and marriage takes a nose dive.

    The news media are not trying to "Protect women", they are protecting themselves from the actual truth getting out. Equalize incomes and all males will look equally good to women. The only thing they ever loved was money, money, money.


Similar Threads

  1. Black Pill.
    By Forsaken in forum New Member Intros
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 8, 2021, 4:28 PM
  2. The Black Pill
    By Lebanese_MGTOW in forum Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: January 20, 2018, 7:37 PM
  3. Take The Black Pill (by Eggman)
    By Ace Francis in forum Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: May 7, 2016, 10:14 PM
  4. Jaye De Black - My message to red pill black men
    By JayeDeBlack in forum The MGTOW Video Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 2, 2015, 2:13 AM
  5. Jaye De black - My mesage to red pill BLACK MEN
    By JayeDeBlack in forum The MGTOW Video Vault
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 2, 2015, 2:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •