Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 76 of 76
  1. #61
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    564
    Reputation
    1448
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardhaskell View Post
    How about the MGTOW community growing larger in every place in the world…and some organizing goes on so that we take care of our own? Imagine dudes with no wives and children leaving their inheritance to the “national MGTOW organization”. Older dudes make some effort to reach out to other older dudes. We even have younger dudes involved that see the older dudes as vast wealths of knowledge who came along when when the internet and BS in society was in its infancy.
    Nice sentiment, but be prepared to have an army of attorneys on retainer, especially to deal with the endless IRS audits.

  2. #62

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    We could dream of something like 15%+ men identifying as MGTOW (publicly and privately) and infiltrating every facet of life…law, IRS, government, etc. Probably need some sort of great awakening like that or the future wont really be worth living in even if we age in comfort.

    And look at the masons…as a man I don’t even know anyone that’s a member and have no idea what they talk about. Perhaps MGTOW will need a public front that is accepted by society.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    1,166
    Reputation
    2670
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    That's what the Ancient Stoics believed. Nothing is ours, everything is essentially on loan from the universe. Our lives, our possessions, family, friends, etc. "Fortuna" will give and take as it sees fit
    I think about all of these wars that we commemorate and build national identities around. The men who fought in WW1 and 2 among others would never have supported what has happened to their countries. They fought and died for something that has long since been ripped apart. Even passing things onto the next generation is pointless as they have different ideas about what to do with it all.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    564
    Reputation
    1448
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
    I think about all of these wars that we commemorate and build national identities around. The men who fought in WW1 and 2 among others would never have supported what has happened to their countries. They fought and died for something that has long since been ripped apart. Even passing things onto the next generation is pointless as they have different ideas about what to do with it all.
    Absolutely. Nothing like risking your life, or giving it in many cases, for a society that now despises you. I shed my own patriotism long ago. I see everything now as a a cycle that has repeated throughout history. Civilizations rise and fall. Governments collapse, nations overwhelmed. The US and the Western world in general is in deep decline. The eventually collapse is inevitable. It may be in our lifetimes, it may be within the next 100 years, but it will happen. No sense in fretting over it.

  5. #65

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Time_Loser View Post
    Wow! The level of disregard we as a society have for fellow humans is unbelievable. I have a rough exterior and am extremely libertarian, but people deserve a chance to live. No one seems much interested about the causation of the increasing number of mentally ill people.
    Yeah, society does tend to shrug off the welfare of those who occupy certain margins. Choosing to stay single shouldn't put somebody in one of those disregarded margins.

    One idea would be to check with a local social worker about any support in place for people without the help of family. Even people who spent most of their lives married or who have extended family could find themselves without support if their health fails. I'd think organizations like social services, hospitals, nursing homes, or providers of long-term care insurance would offer seminars on how single people can provide for their future needs.
    Last edited by Katsu; May 17, 2022 at 1:29 PM.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,444
    Reputation
    4141
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardhaskell View Post
    How about the MGTOW community growing larger in every place in the world…and some organizing goes on so that we take care of our own? Imagine dudes with no wives and children leaving their inheritance to the “national MGTOW organization”. Older dudes make some effort to reach out to other older dudes. We even have younger dudes involved that see the older dudes as vast wealths of knowledge who came along when when the internet and BS in society was in its infancy.
    Oooh. I really like this idea. Setting up MGTOW as a charitable organisation. Get TPTB to contribute financially to our cause. (charitable donations being tax deductible in many jurisdictions).

    Toolband has a point though about the IRS getting involved and needing a team of lawyers.

    They’ll need to be paid. Not to mention the CEO’s, the support staff and goodness knows how many others. It would be bled dry like so many other so-called charitables.

    Naw, on second thoughts don’t bother, it would only serve to bring us into even more disrepute (if that’s possible).

    Nice thought though.

  7. #67

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardhaskell View Post
    How about the MGTOW community growing larger in every place in the world…and some organizing goes on so that we take care of our own? Imagine dudes with no wives and children leaving their inheritance to the “national MGTOW organization”. Older dudes make some effort to reach out to other older dudes. We even have younger dudes involved that see the older dudes as vast wealths of knowledge who came along when when the internet and BS in society was in its infancy.
    No. It's a noble idea. But any such organization will eventually have, well, an "accountant" or a "lawyer" in charge of distributing the money. And the money will be distributed to a nation and to causes that I refuse to have my name (and money) associated with.

    Plus, such a national organization will have a membership roster that could be made public. MGTOW's might get doxed and have their lives ruined simply for being members.

    Again, noble idea. But unworkable.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    351
    Reputation
    640
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsu View Post
    Yeah, society does tend to shrug off the welfare of those who occupy certain margins. Choosing to stay single shouldn't put somebody in one of those disregarded margins.

    One idea would be to check with a local social worker about any support in place for people without the help of family. Even people who spent most of their lives married or who have extended family could find themselves without support if their health fails. I'd think organizations like social services, hospitals, nursing homes, or providers of long-term care insurance would offer seminars on how single people can provide for their future needs.
    Single men are viewed as an anomaly. We aren't "normal" because we don't want to be chained to the gynocracy. We're unimportant and are to be marginalized. We don't want our lives to be run at the behest of those who would "lead us around by our penises".

    The truth is that as human beings ​we do not matter!
    Last edited by The Captain; May 18, 2022 at 5:48 PM.

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Several countries
    Posts
    51
    Reputation
    288
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    I've been thinking about this for a while myself. If I were married or had kids I wouldn't depend on them being around to help me.


    An option I didn't see in your first post OP, is roommates. Chances are I'm going to find some other men, also older who I can depend on and hopefully we'll live together.

    I may live in an RV park (with other old folks) and we will probably help each other out.

    There are partially assisted living options for much cheaper than some of the other posts. They bring in all sorts of services but also have volunteers that take you to appointments and such.

    I am saving and making lots of $ so likely $ will take care of me. If I can't afford it in this country, then I may live in another country where I can afford staff to help me.

    Over then next ~20 yrs, there may be robotic options. I think that gets more and more likely as tech progresses. Certainly cars will be self driving so mobility in that sense won't be an issue.

    /Tired.

  10. #70
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,091
    Reputation
    10463
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfWmnSh!t View Post

    Over then next ~20 yrs, there may be robotic options. I think that gets more and more likely as tech progresses. Certainly cars will be self driving so mobility in that sense won't be an issue.
    There might be self driving cars in twenty years, but I don't think everyone will have one, or be able to afford it if they wanted.

    Cities in the American west have public transportation. But the smaller towns and villages, you're on your own and I don't see that changing anytime soon. In my town you can get a bus ride to the neighboring city, but that's it. Around town there's nothing. I guess you could get one of those motorized wheelchairs, that would get you to the grocery store and back.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  11. #71

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfWmnSh!t View Post


    An option I didn't see in your first post OP, is roommates. Chances are I'm going to find some other men, also older who I can depend on and hopefully we'll live together.

    I may live in an RV park (with other old folks) and we will probably help each other out.

    There are partially assisted living options for much cheaper than some of the other posts. They bring in all sorts of services but also have volunteers that take you to appointments and such.



    /Tired.
    That's true: roommates may be a viable option. If you could find other solitary men with the same mindset, I think it could actually be enjoyable to have some company in your own home. This reminded me of a 2017 movie called "Going in Style", with Alan Arkin, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine, who are decades long friends who help each other out in their old age (I'm not sure if they lived together in the movie though).

    Like I've mentioned before, the assisted living option seems the most attractive to me: to be able to stay in your own place, and have people do all kind of services for you. And if today we can get practically anything delivered to our home (from meals to groceries), imagine how easy and commonplace it will be in a couple of decades ahead!

  12. #72
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    564
    Reputation
    1448
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfWmnSh!t View Post


    An option I didn't see in your first post OP, is roommates. Chances are I'm going to find some other men, also older who I can depend on and hopefully we'll live together.

    I may live in an RV park (with other old folks) and we will probably help each other out.

    There are partially assisted living options for much cheaper than some of the other posts. They bring in all sorts of services but also have volunteers that take you to appointments and such.

    I am saving and making lots of $ so likely $ will take care of me. If I can't afford it in this country, then I may live in another country where I can afford staff to help me.

    Over then next ~20 yrs, there may be robotic options. I think that gets more and more likely as tech progresses. Certainly cars will be self driving so mobility in that sense won't be an issue.

    /Tired.
    I saw this in my parents' neighborhood. There were several homes where multiple seniors pooled their money, bought a house and hired caregivers. Even had a van with wheelchair access to take all of them on day trips.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    285
    Reputation
    571
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    I don't think many will have to worry about living in nursing homes long. This is just the first of many pandemics for the next ten years. Mandated jabs of residents will have the immune system at nil. Assisted living residents are classed as "Useless Eaters" by the WEF. Your twilight years will be short. Boomers have a lot of money tied up, sooner that money is spent by the younger generations the better for the economy. The super wealthy are waiting for that money to trickle into their bank accounts.

    It will all be for the greater good....

  14. #74
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,680
    Reputation
    15859
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNuts View Post
    I don't think many will have to worry about living in nursing homes long. This is just the first of many pandemics for the next ten years. Mandated jabs of residents will have the immune system at nil. Assisted living residents are classed as "Useless Eaters" by the WEF. Your twilight years will be short. Boomers have a lot of money tied up, sooner that money is spent by the younger generations the better for the economy. The super wealthy are waiting for that money to trickle into their bank accounts.

    It will all be for the greater good....
    Record high inflation, stock market volatility, food and fuel shortages, drought, combined with a long hot summer, we may not make it to autumn!

    I'm getting that feeling you get at a large gathering that's about to go rogue! My focus is on tying together a few deckchairs and some Styrofoam for when this ship finally goes DOWN! It's hull has taken on water for so long that it's rusting through and leaking in faster than anyone can pump it out!
    Corruption, like low tide, lowers all boats and smashes their hulls on the rocks.

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    10
    Type
    PreppNewb

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    What's the point of living a long life if you've got nobody to share it with?

    You have a couple of options, obv keep things low key and local.

    1. Join the mananites/amish communities
    2. Start your own communities
    3. Surrogate/artificial wombs/have your own kids for homesteadin
    4. Save yourself first and possibly save/find others who are likeminded
    5. Hire vets/fams to build n defend your empire/defenses.
    6. Become a superhero like Tony Stark

    Thoughts?

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    114
    Reputation
    444
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: The Advanced Age MGTOW End Game.

    I think about this more and more. I am an only child, I have no cousins, only mum and dad who are now 70. I'm torn between two options; eventually sell up the house and land, check into a retirement home and spend every last cent on myself or, if I become unable to take care of myself, take a pistol out for a little walk and never return. Australia is a big place, they'd never find my body and I've leave a note not to look.


Similar Threads

  1. The MGTOW Video Game
    By jagrmeister in forum The MGTOW Video Vault
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 22, 2022, 12:29 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 7, 2021, 7:57 PM
  3. One for the guys who MGTOW Game
    By ShogunRonin in forum Game
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 29, 2015, 10:26 AM
  4. Game Author Misinterprets MGTOW
    By jagrmeister in forum Lounge
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: March 7, 2015, 2:43 PM
  5. The Mgtow video game
    By livas in forum Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 27, 2014, 1:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •