Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    I’m back!!! Been away on a LOOONG vacation and finally home to jump back into things. While I was away I was first enthralled to hear my favorite book series of all time, Stephen Kings Dark Tower Series is finally coming to life on the big screen! For those of you not familiar, this is Stephen Kings self proclaimed “Magnum Opus,” his greatest work, and spanned a series of novels starting in 1982 all the way to 2012. Spanning over 4,250 pages, it’s a story of an old western gunslinger on a quest for the Dark Tower. I’ve read the entire series twice, and I’m actually working on it a third time because… It’s really that good.

    But Social Justice Warriors can NEVER leave good enough alone, so the Hollywood director Akiva Goldsman casts the main character, Roland Deschain, a white cowboy with blue eyes depicted as a Clint Eastwood look alike for the past 34 years, with Idris Elba, a black english actor and musician who looks more at home in a suit and tie rather than a cowboy hat....

    To argue that this decision was made in ANY way other than Social Justice engineering (ala 2016 Ghostbusters style) is laughable. You will hear the SJW’s cry that the main character is never referred to by race in the book, which is an outright lie and totally false. Roland’s race is brought up throughout the book and is even central to the character development of two of the main characters. In the novel series, Roland Deschain is a white cowboy, carrying six shooters (old cowboy revolvers) on his hips and has “crystal blue bombardiers eyes.” He’s referred to in multiple novels as a “Honkey Mahfah” by one of the main characters who eventually overcomes her own racism against whites in the movie and becomes a central figure in the group of main characters. He’s even depicted as a typical white cowboy throughout the novels in illustrations throughout the entire series, as well as a spinoff comic book series. He looks as you would imagine any typical country western gunslinger would: A Clint Eastwood/John Wayne tough guy type.

    So why cast a black man who typically plays rather clean cut, suit and tie roles as a “country western cowboy honkey mahfah?” (quoted directly from the novel series which the director should be taking copious notes from when casting)

    Because “The Racist Assholes should go Fuck Themselves.” That is a direct quote from the director when asked about why he selected Idris Elba as the main character to play a white, western cowboy who was been such for 34 years.

    Sound Familiar? Sound like what the directors of the biggest flop of this year: Ghostbusters said? I would be willing to bet that the Hollywood elite concocted this idea in a liberal Hollywood vacuum at the same time as the Ghostbusters flop did; the only reason the Dark Tower Series isn’t out yet is because it is MUCH larger than Ghostbusters, with a much bigger budget. I would also bet that Ghostbusters miniscule sales is keeping the snarky Goldsman up at night, as longtime fans of favorite series tend to react negatively to drastic, sweeping changes in the main characters for “Social Justice” and to keep things “edgy”.

    I will keep this movie series “edgy” by NEVER letting the director see a penny from my pocket. I own the entire series in hardback, most of the graphic novel series, but will never let this movie franchise get a red cent from me. First off, they will have to entirely re-write the second and third (possibly fourth) novels because of the complex interaction amongst main characters in direct relation to their race.

    But more than anything else, its just not true to the real story. It’s not going to be the way millions of fans have enjoyed the series for over 30 years. It doesn’t match the storyline. And it smacks of Social Justice, not creative genius, which is a disgusting flavor which we’ll all be tasting throughout the entire movie series.

    For those who don’t see the problem: Imagine if a new movie came out about the life and times of Michael Jackson: Played by Ben Affleck. WTF!? That would just be wrong. No matter how well he could play the part, the whole movie you’d have to be physically forcing yourself to try and believe Ben Affleck was Michael Jackson. It just wouldn’t work.

    Now I already know many are probably seething at the mouth with “RACIST!!!! DIRTY RACIST!!!!!!” but I assure you I’m not. I could care less what race or gender characters are in a movie or novel, only that they stay true to the story as it has been cherished by millions of fans. For instance:

    I absolutely loved Man on Fire, Training Day, Independence Day, I am Legend, The Hunger Games series, The Matrix series, etc. All have main characters that are NOT white males, but I don’t care. That’s how the story was told, so that’s’ how it is. If there was a remake of Man on Fire with Liam Nielson as the lead I’d be infuriated too. Denzel was perfect. I also really like Idris Elba as an actor! But… Old Western Honkey MahFah cowboy he is not. Idris Elba is honestly a bit too clean cut for the role. He’s more suit and tie with a concealed Sig or an SMG in a briefcase, not a dusty, trail ridden cowboy.

    But that example doesn’t even cut it. Roland Deschain, from the house of Eld, is about the most white character you could imagine. He’s a goddamned western cowboy carrying six shooters. This is like casting Denzel Washington as Frodo in Lord of the Rings. WTF. I like Denzel. I like Lord of the Rings. The two don’t mix.
    It truly pisses me off that a timeless classic that could honestly be as big as Star Wars is going to crash and burn because of the Social Justice cause of the day. Hollywood is letting trendy political movements that will last all of about a week pervert timeless classics that have nothing to do with current politics.

    I’m especially interested in what black MGTOW’s think about this, as we can all discuss things rationally without the incessant SJW attacks.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator William Noy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    3,020
    Reputation
    12875
    Type
    Dark Knight

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by ManontheMountain View Post
    Because “The Racist Assholes should go Fuck Themselves.”
    Two things, Mr. Director: 1.) I'll bet it's not even your opinion I'm racist, you're just saying that so you don't have to defend your clearly politically motivated decision.

    And 2.) I don't have to f**k myself to have a good time. But I will be off f**king an attractive woman rather than wasting my time on your BS social programming, thank you very much.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. --Seneca

  3. #3

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's exactly how Roland Deschain is shown in every single book in the series, along with the graphic novels. This is how he has been since 1982:




    So, that being shown and if you were the director... who would you pick out of a group of actors to play this part?



    A) Christian Bale



    B) Viggo Mortensen



    C) Daniel Craig



    D) Russel Crowe



    E) Idris Elba


    Hmmm.... Which actor fits the character best, if you were director for a day?

    I firmly stand by the fact that if you chose E) Idris Elba, your a racist (against whites) with an agenda to push. This is so blatant its nauseating.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by ManontheMountain View Post
    I’m back!!! Been away on a LOOONG vacation and finally home to jump back into things. While I was away I was first enthralled to hear my favorite book series of all time, Stephen Kings Dark Tower Series is finally coming to life on the big screen! For those of you not familiar, this is Stephen Kings self proclaimed “Magnum Opus,” his greatest work, and spanned a series of novels starting in 1982 all the way to 2012. Spanning over 4,250 pages, it’s a story of an old western gunslinger on a quest for the Dark Tower. I’ve read the entire series twice, and I’m actually working on it a third time because… It’s really that good.

    But Social Justice Warriors can NEVER leave good enough alone, so the Hollywood director Akiva Goldsman casts the main character, Roland Deschain, a white cowboy with blue eyes depicted as a Clint Eastwood look alike for the past 34 years, with Idris Elba, a black english actor and musician who looks more at home in a suit and tie rather than a cowboy hat....

    To argue that this decision was made in ANY way other than Social Justice engineering (ala 2016 Ghostbusters style) is laughable. You will hear the SJW’s cry that the main character is never referred to by race in the book, which is an outright lie and totally false. Roland’s race is brought up throughout the book and is even central to the character development of two of the main characters. In the novel series, Roland Deschain is a white cowboy, carrying six shooters (old cowboy revolvers) on his hips and has “crystal blue bombardiers eyes.” He’s referred to in multiple novels as a “Honkey Mahfah” by one of the main characters who eventually overcomes her own racism against whites in the movie and becomes a central figure in the group of main characters. He’s even depicted as a typical white cowboy throughout the novels in illustrations throughout the entire series, as well as a spinoff comic book series. He looks as you would imagine any typical country western gunslinger would: A Clint Eastwood/John Wayne tough guy type.

    So why cast a black man who typically plays rather clean cut, suit and tie roles as a “country western cowboy honkey mahfah?” (quoted directly from the novel series which the director should be taking copious notes from when casting)

    Because “The Racist Assholes should go Fuck Themselves.” That is a direct quote from the director when asked about why he selected Idris Elba as the main character to play a white, western cowboy who was been such for 34 years.

    Sound Familiar? Sound like what the directors of the biggest flop of this year: Ghostbusters said? I would be willing to bet that the Hollywood elite concocted this idea in a liberal Hollywood vacuum at the same time as the Ghostbusters flop did; the only reason the Dark Tower Series isn’t out yet is because it is MUCH larger than Ghostbusters, with a much bigger budget. I would also bet that Ghostbusters miniscule sales is keeping the snarky Goldsman up at night, as longtime fans of favorite series tend to react negatively to drastic, sweeping changes in the main characters for “Social Justice” and to keep things “edgy”.

    I will keep this movie series “edgy” by NEVER letting the director see a penny from my pocket. I own the entire series in hardback, most of the graphic novel series, but will never let this movie franchise get a red cent from me. First off, they will have to entirely re-write the second and third (possibly fourth) novels because of the complex interaction amongst main characters in direct relation to their race.

    But more than anything else, its just not true to the real story. It’s not going to be the way millions of fans have enjoyed the series for over 30 years. It doesn’t match the storyline. And it smacks of Social Justice, not creative genius, which is a disgusting flavor which we’ll all be tasting throughout the entire movie series.

    For those who don’t see the problem: Imagine if a new movie came out about the life and times of Michael Jackson: Played by Ben Affleck. WTF!? That would just be wrong. No matter how well he could play the part, the whole movie you’d have to be physically forcing yourself to try and believe Ben Affleck was Michael Jackson. It just wouldn’t work.

    Now I already know many are probably seething at the mouth with “RACIST!!!! DIRTY RACIST!!!!!!” but I assure you I’m not. I could care less what race or gender characters are in a movie or novel, only that they stay true to the story as it has been cherished by millions of fans. For instance:

    I absolutely loved Man on Fire, Training Day, Independence Day, I am Legend, The Hunger Games series, The Matrix series, etc. All have main characters that are NOT white males, but I don’t care. That’s how the story was told, so that’s’ how it is. If there was a remake of Man on Fire with Liam Nielson as the lead I’d be infuriated too. Denzel was perfect. I also really like Idris Elba as an actor! But… Old Western Honkey MahFah cowboy he is not. Idris Elba is honestly a bit too clean cut for the role. He’s more suit and tie with a concealed Sig or an SMG in a briefcase, not a dusty, trail ridden cowboy.

    But that example doesn’t even cut it. Roland Deschain, from the house of Eld, is about the most white character you could imagine. He’s a goddamned western cowboy carrying six shooters. This is like casting Denzel Washington as Frodo in Lord of the Rings. WTF. I like Denzel. I like Lord of the Rings. The two don’t mix.
    It truly pisses me off that a timeless classic that could honestly be as big as Star Wars is going to crash and burn because of the Social Justice cause of the day. Hollywood is letting trendy political movements that will last all of about a week pervert timeless classics that have nothing to do with current politics.

    I’m especially interested in what black MGTOW’s think about this, as we can all discuss things rationally without the incessant SJW attacks.
    It truly is a testament in my opinion, of the absurd level of political correctness expected ,that one has to be apologetic about expecting a work of art to stay true to its origins.

    Personally, I find that creativity is not something that has to be passed around like foreign aid to the less privileged people. Basically, if you want a story told about be it ones race, gender fluidity or lack thereof then pick up a pen and get to writing. I mean its like from one of the other posts I was reading where someone said that the problem with society is everyone wants free shit, pardon my french.

    An example akin to what you are saying is a novel by Chinua Achebe an African author who wrote in the context of communal life in the region he is from , yet people would find it absurd if a movie is adapted from the novel and a whiteman is made to play the lead role. Not to get on the sjw train but sometime back there was a movie made called gods and kings a sort of remake of the biblical (which many consider to be fictional) story of moses and the exodus of the israelites, because the characters chosen for the roles did not match the narrative of the story yet it seems its only when white people do it that it raises an eyebrow.


    To be honest I could care less if a character does not conform to the script so long as there is adequate reason for such and its not merely race baiting . This whole notion that because a role written for a particular type of person is better because its not played by the person imagined by the writer is unrealistically short sighted. These people that claim to be so concerned about inclusiveness fail to appreciate how derogatory it is to be referred to as the stand in for the true character and not one capable of creating appeal from a story centred on ones own appeal. This basically is feminism culture of entitlement seeping into every orifice of society.

    Like the new iron man replacement,a black female? If the story was so compelling why not make a spinoff that takes advantage of iron mans popularity but does not destroy the characters essence, like how batman found robin. Basically, I think its just people seeking to capitalise on a market they feel can only be appealed to through such blatant pandering while assuming the core fans would not be too offended to avoid the movie some call it altruism but I wonder about that. Nowadays If one can shed enough tears in public they are considered compassionate without having to actually do any physical acts to prove such.
    Seems I have gone on a bit of a ramble but in essence I think my point is it wouldn't matter what changes where being made if it was to advance the artistry of the work but increasingly poorly crafted sales pitches are disguised as creativity and marketed as being a blow for integration while simultaneously stirring up resentment in another quarter, I think the only thing is people are too self absorbed to see its just a sales pitch.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator William Noy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    3,020
    Reputation
    12875
    Type
    Dark Knight

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    SJWs always make a big stink if a White person is cast in a role that was traditionally played by a "person of color." And you know what? That's fine. I personally prefer that casting choices also show a little continuity. But you can't also demand that roles traditionally played by a White person be replaced with "persons of color" and be respected in your argument.

    Sometimes, the person of a different race cast puts out a really excellent product and you forget why they were cast in the first place, but that doesn't make it necessarily right. For example, I liked Benedict Cumberbach in the new Star Trek as Khan. But he's clearly no Ricardo Mantalban, who played the character to look east Indian. And that messes with the continuity of the show's universe. And that bothers me. They should have cast a Ricardo Mantalban type.

    Actually, that's a bad example because I don't think White actors replace POC actors for political reasons--I really think it's marketing.

    Oh wait, they could have cast him because it's okay, and even preferred (politically speaking) for a White British guy to play the villain.

    Okay. I'm stopping now. Trying to wrap my brain around SJW thinking physically hurts me.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. --Seneca

  6. #6

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Agreed! For instance, if Will Smith's son in the new Independence Day film were played by a white boy instead of Jessie Usher, I would be equally as annoyed. Changing a characters complete look halfway through a series, when millions of fans are in love with the original, is blatantly asking for trouble. Especially if it was done solely for making a buzz and ratings rather than artistic ability.

    African Daoist, Couldn't agree more with your last statement: "but in essence I think my point is it wouldn't matter what changes where being made if it was to advance the artistry of the work but increasingly poorly crafted sales pitches are disguised as creativity and marketed as being a blow for integration while simultaneously stirring up resentment in another quarter, I think the only thing is people are too self absorbed to see its just a sales pitch.

    As a long time, HUGE fan of the Dark Tower series, I remember seeing the cover of the magazine breaking the news. In big, bold print was "DARK TOWER SERIES TO HIT THEATERS 2017!" Then it had pictures of the set and some of the actors in character. I was puzzled for a moment... Awesome! I thought, but who's this black cowboy? I don't remember him in the books. And where's Roland?

    It's sad when a long time fan of a series gets a first glimpse of the big screen, sees the main character and thinks to himself: "Who the Fuck is this guy?"

    For long time fans of the series, at best they will be thinking "okay, the guy thats acting as Roland is now going here...."

    I can't emphasize enough how this would be like having a Denzel Washington Frodo or a Gilbert Godfrey Sam in Lord of the Rings. It's not what anyone, including the author, envisioned, and forces everyone to try and bend 30+ years of wonderful storytelling to a Social Justice envisioned alternate universe that only the director and SJW's would approve.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    30
    Reputation
    194
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Ya know, I have to say that I really like Idris Elba. If you get a chance to check him out in the "Luther" series I highly recommend it.

    That said, I find it beyond annoying that these SJW idiots justify cross-casting like this because 'diversity' is so important.

    Makes me wish they would use their own SJW story material, and make original movies based that...

    Oh yeah I forgot - THEY AIN'T GOT NONE.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nuggets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,073
    Reputation
    10314
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike91 View Post
    Ya know, I have to say that I really like Idris Elba. If you get a chance to check him out in the "Luther" series I highly recommend it.

    That said, I find it beyond annoying that these SJW idiots justify cross-casting like this because 'diversity' is so important.

    Makes me wish they would use their own SJW story material, and make original movies based that...

    Oh yeah I forgot - THEY AIN'T GOT NONE.
    Yeah same here, he's one of my favorite actors right now. I think he would make a great James Bond, but nobody could handle casting him as Bond without prancing around in self-congratulation the entire time. That's the kind of nonsense that turns me off from modern movies.

    “The Racist Assholes should go Fuck Themselves.” - WHY does the director even have to bring this up in the first place? This is what I don't get - if everyone is so post-racial now, why even bring up race? SJWs are currently claiming that nobody should be judged based on race, while simultaneously telling us that everyone definitely SHOULD be judged on race because of the victimhood hierarchy.

  9. #9

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    I'm surprised the Social Justice Warriors did not re-cast "Roland" as "Rolanda".........a middle aged, grossly overweight, divorced woman whose horrible former husband cheated on her and left her for a younger woman, so she now has to take care of her 4 children by herself, take care of her aging parents, hold 2 full time jobs, deal with self doubt regarding her own sexuality (am I straight, bisexual, or lesbian) while performing charity work for the community while at the same time she searches for the Dark Tower,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by EternalBachelor; July 27, 2016 at 1:25 AM.
    "To marry means to halve one’s rights and double one’s duties" - Arthur Schopenhauer "
    "A bachelor is a man who didn’t make the same mistake once."

  10. #10
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,497
    Reputation
    16587
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    I find it rather interesting that people have openly stated that there would be a backlash if Elba was cast as the new James Bond. Honestly, I think he would do fine for the role as he fits the theme of the Bond series. But even Elba has said he doesn't want to be James Bond, because he doesn't want that type of attention that it would attract. In other words, he wants to take on roles that focus on the character more so than wade into the SJW/identity politics of things.

    The Dark Tower movie to me seems to be moving towards deviating from the book series significantly. Deviating so much it feels like an otherworld version of Dark Tower, and Stephen King seems to be okay with massive changes.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,179
    Reputation
    6434
    Type
    Intellectual Ghost

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    This insanity permeates every aspect of entertainment.

    Did you know Iron Man is now a black teenage girl? She's so Mary Sue awesome she built the suit from her dorm room as a 15 year old university phenom.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/07/bo...girl.html?_r=0

    Now I have nothing against anyone based on the color their skin. As MLK said, I judge everyone based on the content of their character. I have met and worked with absolutely amazing people of many ethnicities and have some great folks now that work in my department and to an outside observer you'd say it looks like a Baskin Robbins 31 flavors diversity infomercial. Why? I hire the best talent. Period. I don't give a fuck what your ethnicity is. You could be purple but if you get the job done better than everyone else I say you're hired.

    Why could they not invent a new tech character with the black female alter ego? NOOOOO. They aren't even covert about it anymore. It is an agenda to eliminate white men. White males are the only truly unprotected group in society today. Everyone else has a Victim Olympics organization and can cry prejudice/bias/discrimination for everything, even fabricated infractions. However, if you are white and male? You're fucked and considered racist or a bigot if you even show any pride in your background or try to organize. Successful because you worked your ass off? Fuck you. All your success is attributable to "privilege."

    Society is sick. I hate these SJW fuckers.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator William Noy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    3,020
    Reputation
    12875
    Type
    Dark Knight

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Quote Originally Posted by secularscientist View Post
    Successful because you worked your ass off? Fuck you. All your success is attributable to "privilege."
    I'm still trying to figure out how I'm the privileged one when I grew up poor, started off adulthood about as poor as you can be and not be homeless, and got my career going several years later than the women who went right to work at their choice of companies right out of grad school because I couldn't get a job "due to the recession" or whatever and eventually had to go into business for myself.

    Don't get me wrong, going into business for myself was something I wanted to do eventually anyway, but only after having the security of an entry level position in my profession with a decent salary and on-the-job training. NOT having to train myself.

    People look at me now and say I have privilege because I'm white and male and I have stuff. Guess what? That stuff came in my 30s after a lot of hard work, and after being dragged through a literal hell of a marriage.

    And all of this while caring for two children.

    I'm going to stop now, because I'm about to say some very uncharitable things about what I think SJWs should go do with themselves....
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. --Seneca

  13. #13

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Oh boy .. I also read the Tower series multiple times and liked it a lot ... except for the ending which seemed kinda rushed.

    What the hell do they want to pull off with a black actor ... a fling with the black woman in the wheel-chair ?

    As so far almost all movie adaptations of his books sucked .. no Euros will be spent.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,179
    Reputation
    6434
    Type
    Intellectual Ghost

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    The most frustrating part is if you express your justified distaste for the trend to remove white men from their original roles or only cast them as the evil villains the divershitty brigade triumphs over (Force Awakens anyone?), you are automatically branded as a narrow-minded, hateful, stupid, racist bigot.

    Every class of person: African-American, Latin, Asian, Indian, female, disabled, blind, deaf, fat, etc. has organizations dedicated to lobbying for their interests. If you're just a traditional white male? Fuck you, you're the problem. I'm tired of working multiple jobs and being taxed to death to subsidize losers. I'm tired of being told every fucking day that I am privileged and oppressing others.

    I love me some movies and books with minority characters that were CREATED and portrayed as strong black men or women.

    Man on Fire
    The Green Mile
    The Matrix (Morpheus)
    Spawn
    Star Wars (Lando Calrissian)
    Blade
    Book of Eli
    Falcon and Black Panther in Marvel Comics
    Morgan and Michonne in Walking Dead

    If I was a fucking racist, I'd have boycotted all these characters and said terrible things in a sweeping generalization about an entire ethnicity.

    As an obvious example of how ridiculous this has become, I guarantee if they rebranded Marvel's Black Panther today with a blonde hair, blue-eyed South African guy (rational and plausible from a historical and geographic standpoint), people would lose their absolute shit. SJWs would riot in the streets and start White House petitions and boycott the company. The double-standard is nauseating.
    Last edited by secularscientist; July 29, 2016 at 11:23 AM.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator William Noy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Dixie
    Posts
    3,020
    Reputation
    12875
    Type
    Dark Knight

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Meanwhile, apparently Matt Damon has been cast, for reasons I can't comprehend, as a Chinese warrior from 1000 years ago. The movie is called "The Great Wall."

    Now, before I get to the meat of this, I just want to say, "Seriously, Matt Damon? I like him a lot, but this has got to be the worst casting choice since they had John Wayne play Genghis Khan."

    I really think, unless they have a reason in the story for Matt Damon looking like Captain America rather than Guan Yu, he absolutely should not be cast in this role.

    That said, I'm going to defend his casting. I'm defending it for the simple political reason of equal treatment.

    All you SJWs who call me "racist" or "sexist" every time I object to a non-White man or a woman replacing a White man in a casting decision have no right to complain.

    Constance Wu, the Chinese actress who is objecting to Matt Damon's casting is, by the SJW's own definition, a racist.

    She is saying Matt Damon is unqualified to play a lead role in this movie not, as would make sense, because he is not Chinese, but rather because he is White. She is excluding him on the basis of his race. Presumably she'd have no problem with Beyonce being cast in that role.

    Listen, Ms. Wu, it's 2016. It's time for all the parts in Chinese movies to stop being taken up by Asians. Blacks, Whites, and Latinos are critically underrepresented in Chinese productions, and it's time for China to catch up to the 21st century.

    Stop being racist.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. --Seneca

  16. #16
    Senior Member Delmore Schwartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    422
    Reputation
    1923
    Type
    Perpetual Traveller

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    Agree with everything you've said.

    Quote Originally Posted by ManontheMountain View Post
    If there was a remake of Man on Fire with Liam Nielson as the lead I’d be infuriated too. Denzel was perfect.
    Funny thing is that Denzel Washington's Man on Fire is a remake of an earlier 1987 film staring Scott Glenn. Tony Scott was meant to direct the original, but the producers decided he was too inexperienced. I guess his 2004 remake of the movie with Denzel Washington (which was far better) was a nice "Fuck You" to the producers of the original movie.

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093489/

    You're spot on about the Dark Tower though, I had exactly the same thought when I saw the initial headlines about it. Which is a shame as there have been some really great Stephen King movies (as well as some really shit ones), likes like this time we're in for SJW bullshit.
    Time is the fire in which we burn

    Delmore Schwartz (the original, not this internet manifestation of his ghost)


  17. #17
    Senior Member Mr. Fenrir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sanctus Regnum Hungaria
    Posts
    324
    Reputation
    1019
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Social Justice Warriors ruin yet another awesome series in Hollywood

    SJWs will be allowed to do their thing untill money starts drying up. These are corporations, their goal is MONEY. Women were good for corporations because it decreased salaries but now they are more and more a nuisance. This whole SJW movement will be put down like a rabid dog by rich people when they have had enough.


Similar Threads

  1. This Week in Social Justice 21/02/16
    By Neroke in forum Action
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 27, 2016, 8:08 AM
  2. This Week in Social Justice 07/02/16
    By Neroke in forum Action
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 16, 2016, 7:51 AM
  3. Millennial Social Justice Warriors
    By Raskolnikov in forum Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: July 17, 2015, 2:52 AM
  4. Tradcon article about Social Justice Warriors
    By Raskolnikov in forum Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 20, 2015, 5:31 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 18, 2014, 5:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •