Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Reddit did us a favor

    I didn't realize how bad Reddit was. I realized they were obnoxious, hypocritical, and censorship happy, but this video goes deeper into how corrupt the organization is. It started out, ironically, seeking freedom of speech online, but got corrupted by corporate interests.

    https://youtu.be/0SQ-TJKPPIg

    I'm glad MGTOW is no longer dependent on these crooks for our free speech.

  2. #2
    Member Joe Magarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    73
    Reputation
    163
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    It started out, ironically, seeking freedom of speech online ...
    IIRC, so did Facebook and Twitter.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    3,143
    Reputation
    5315
    Type
    Just Me

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    It started out, ironically, seeking freedom of speech online, but got corrupted by corporate interests.
    Free speech is an illusion that never has nor never will exist.

  4. #4

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    IIRC, so did Facebook and Twitter.
    I've never used Twitter, but Facebook is terrible. They block stuff for the most absurd reasons, and have no understanding of satire.

  5. #5

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    The problem with reddit is the upvote system. The majority herd groupthink comments get the upvotes. And it's all about validation. The top comments are usually puns or people trying to be smart and funny. No real information exchange. If your comments don't agree with the herd, your voice is not heard even though it may be 100% truth and innovative.

    The industry threads are full of fanboys and mods that seem to be paid by the company. Sony had a huge problem with one of their 2020 tv sets. On other traditional forums, there was great discussion about how to fix it and trying to get sony to fix it, but if you started a thread on sony reddit, your post got deleted because it was a known issue.

  6. #6

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    I have used MGTOW subreddit back then. I was not banned,but ousted from some subreddits with because I was anti-feminist,mysogynistic (proof was I commented how Onlyfans fucked up this generation in a Mgtow post).I ditched reddit,I only use it for porn and some small niche communities (r/datahoarders etc..).

    The site has turned to shit because as our friend pointed above,it works like a groupthink.You can't find valuable shit unless it is agreed by the herd. Fuck that.

    This statement is also relevant for Youtube. I love youtube and it is the only social media I use,but there is little to no free speech there. They ban/demonetize anything that don't fit their purpose.

    I use Brave Browser with strict adblockers and personalized cookie blockers. I also quitted google search (I use brave search and start page). I advise it to everybody here. When you do this, company gets little to no data out of you to gain money. If they play the rigged game,so do we.
    Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

  7. #7
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,850
    Reputation
    18666
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    And now the FBI/DOJ (dictatorial weaponized branches of the democrat party) are now attacking Elon Musk for his role in freeing Twitter from the clutches of the Democrat cabal and their speech stifling jackboots!

    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  8. #8

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    And now the FBI/DOJ (dictatorial weaponized branches of the democrat party) are now attacking Elon Musk for his role in freeing Twitter from the clutches of the Democrat cabal and their speech stifling jackboots!
    You really think they are attacking him? Did they cancel him?Did they cancel his stocks? No.

    The guy is basically pawn of American capitalism itself. He is just a controlled opposition,nothing else.
    Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

  9. #9
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,805
    Reputation
    7024
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Reddit is run by snowflakes. I posted "This is the new and improved team?? We can't even hold on to the ball" in a game thread during a football game. Got banned. Websites like this are very rare. You can speak your mind as long as it's in the rules.

    I can't imagine the internet in a few years. I come from the days of those free AOL CDs and floppy disks all over the place. Yahoo was even awesome back in the day. It's all gone now. Memories......
    Stay away from women. They will only break your heart.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    106
    Type
    gray man/ free man

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    It's not only that Tig, I've always said Reddit banning MGTOW was a blessing in disguise. They thought the men of MGTOW would abandon the idea/philosophy but instead they spread out far and wide with the knowledge.

    Hell most of r/MensRights are starting to get it. there's a pletora of articles stating 48% of men stopped dating. reddit and other socials are learning the hard way you can't kill an harmless idea/ philosophy.

  11. #11

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverShade View Post
    It's not only that Tig, I've always said Reddit banning MGTOW was a blessing in disguise. They thought the men of MGTOW would abandon the idea/philosophy but instead they spread out far and wide with the knowledge.

    Hell most of r/MensRights are starting to get it. there's a pletora of articles stating 48% of men stopped dating. reddit and other socials are learning the hard way you can't kill an harmless idea/ philosophy.
    Yeah, remember in MGTOW 1 when they were so desperate to avoid getting banned that they used auto-moderation tag words? If you used a specific word, it would automatically put you post in the moderation queue instead of letting it get published. Then you would have to wait for a mod to approve it or write to them and beg them to do so. Then in MGTOW 2, we disallowed any memes that would make women look foolish, and insisted that no one do red pill rage posts, and instead stick to self-improvement ones. NOTHING would appease the Woke Mind Police.

    Over here we all know the rules, and as long as you stick to them, you can post anything.

  12. #12

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Never used Reditt…or Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter or much else aside from a few forums and Facebook. Thinking about limiting myself to about an hour or less internet per day. The internet is mostly filled with attention whores.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,571
    Reputation
    25347
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Magarac View Post
    IIRC, so did Facebook and Twitter.
    Not facebook. It was always Zuckerberg's toy.

  14. #14
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    453
    Reputation
    1910
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    I've never used Twitter, but Facebook is terrible. They block stuff for the most absurd reasons, and have no understanding of satire.
    Social media sites use clumsy algorithms not actual humans, fake news gets through, satire (like the post I shared below recently) gets flagged. Often people debunking fake news get flagged, it's a mess but I don't see any way around it other than better algorithms as it's impossible to properly police something as vast as Facebook or twitter.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    TWITTER FEED - THE MIDLAND MAN ..... MY BLOG - THE MENS DICTIONARY

    CORONAVIRUS, CONSPIRACY ? , BILL GATES, DEPOPULATION, VACCINES...................HELP ME LEARN MORE AT QUESTIONS FOR COVIDIOTS ON REDDIT

  15. #15

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    I hear Reddit is partially owned by the government of China now, and won't allow any criticism of the Chinese government. I've been considering posting a test. I want to make a post in a appropriate forum, like politics or history, and criticize the Chinese government. I won't use any profanity or ranting. I'll just list and comment on many of the misdeeds gone by the government of China, for example, the Tiananmen Square massacre. How much do you want to bet it gets zapped for no good reason.

  16. #16
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,850
    Reputation
    18666
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    I hear Reddit is partially owned by the government of China now, and won't allow any criticism of the Chinese government. I've been considering posting a test. I want to make a post in a appropriate forum, like politics or history, and criticize the Chinese government. I won't use any profanity or ranting. I'll just list and comment on many of the misdeeds gone by the government of China, for example, the Tiananmen Square massacre. How much do you want to bet it gets zapped for no good reason.
    SHAZAM!


    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  17. #17
    Senior Member WheelBarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Boardwalk
    Posts
    399
    Reputation
    1297

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    I do use Reddit but only for some tech stuff. I don't even check non-tech subreddits when I am logged in.
    “Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington

  18. #18

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by WheelBarrow View Post
    I do use Reddit but only for some tech stuff. I don't even check non-tech subreddits when I am logged in.
    Me too. It's fine for using to figure out why VoLTE doesn't work on a cell phone, or similar tech problems, but it's garbage as a community.

  19. #19
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,805
    Reputation
    7024
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    NOTHING would appease the Woke Mind Police.
    Thats the problem. Catering to the PC crowd. If you give in just a little then they see you as weak and will take everything from you. Don't give into their temper tantrums. They don't like something then as we were told growing up........TOUGH SHIT!
    Stay away from women. They will only break your heart.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    501
    Reputation
    1205
    Type
    mgtow

    Re: Reddit did us a favor

    Quote Originally Posted by MGTOWFOREVER View Post
    Reddit is run by snowflakes. I posted "This is the new and improved team?? We can't even hold on to the ball" in a game thread during a football game. Got banned. Websites like this are very rare. You can speak your mind as long as it's in the rules.

    I can't imagine the internet in a few years. I come from the days of those free AOL CDs and floppy disks all over the place. Yahoo was even awesome back in the day. It's all gone now. Memories......
    People were endlessly making fun of AOL. Now it seems like a better time.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 13, 2023, 1:33 PM
  2. Jus more of the same from reddit
    By Mr Wombat in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 6, 2016, 2:58 AM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: August 8, 2014, 4:41 AM
  4. Sexual Favor Fail
    By sirreaper in forum Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 3, 2014, 11:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •