Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73
  1. #21
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,154
    Reputation
    16858
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    Imagine how men will have to be in the future. In one possible future, we somehow avoid social and economic destruction, in which case men will need to have better listening skills than a shrink, more sexual skill, stamina and build than the world's best gigolo, and the wealth of a Dubai oil baron. All in the name of getting their dick wet.

    Or...we continue down the path of social decay, and women magically ditch feminism in the name of survival. Sort of like in this video: https://youtu.be/4jSDXArDVBk
    They'll abandon feminism like a smoking car ran out of oil! It's in their nature to "ditch and hitch", too bad for them so many men rebuilt our engines and learned to saw off our trailer hitch.

  2. #22
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    15722
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Saw the article. Does anyone have a link to the hard data he uses to claim men are happier in marriage?

    Amusing how the elite through their controlled media are trying to spin it so that women who DO THE SAME THING (live alone) are JUST AS HAPPY as married. Anyone who knows the temperament of men and women know its the opposite; men are fine with being alone, women arent'.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).

  3. #23
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,154
    Reputation
    16858
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
    Seems to be the recurring theme of it being men's fault. There's some very simple problems though with the "theories" put forward. Namely more "lonely single men" means more lonely single women.

    The author of the article is supposedly a psychologist and is pushing therapy as a means of men addressing these issues he feels we have. So in other words he is biased and has his own self interests in mind.

    I would love to see that actually, "I am wanting therapy so I get laid".

    Yep, no worries.


    He also doesn't seem to understand that women don't have great communication skills anyway. On dating sites they are notorious for one word responses if you get anything at all.
    Lets finish the mathematics; we (men-XY chromosome) have different chemicals and thought patterns that govern our brains, it's a fact that men endure much greater timespans of isolation without so much as a thought of loneliness and the "emotions" that drive it, we can no better grasp loneliness than women can grasp geometry, geography, and other STEM related psychological strongpoints.

    Look at the way they are with babies (can I get a big yucky?).

    The only one being lonely and feeling dead inside are women, men are better equipped to deal with solidarity and isolation through analytical and pragmatic reasoning. 10 years or 10 minutes alone makes no difference, we have one track minds when tuned right fly past emotions like passing a tricycle on the interstate!

    Family and being useful to men was their inherent natural responsibility, but manmade laws rewrote everything and gave them free passage and protection to go outside all previous boundaries in spite of unintended consequences to the well oiled machinery of society and culture.

    As far as "lonely single men"? I disagree, there's only single men and lonely single women.

    MGTOW is our default setting, it only took time for the ground-fault circuitry to trigger it! Gremlins in a thunderstorm!

    The sexual revolution is over, it's time to pay the piper.

    I hate to say it, it makes me cringe, but if anyone's drinking anyone's tears, my eyes are as dry as death valley!

    Emotions are what turns men into women, it that simple, separating the two is something only a man can do!

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    651
    Type
    49% Bachelor 51% Ghost

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post

    I figure it's better to be single and maybe a little lonely at times than strapped to the Titanic.

    That about sums it up. This crap article presents loneliness as if it's a serious condition men urgently need to cure. We know statistically more men than ever before are living alone. So it stands to reason more might claim they sometimes feel loneliness. It isn't a serious issue, just a predictable result of people spending time alone.


    I've lived alone most of my adult life, and I'd admit to sometimes feeling loneliness. But I know there's an easy cure. All I have to do is contact one of many nutty women I know, and 5 minutes later I'll be thanking God I don't have to listen to their shit all the time.

    As for the supposedly happy married men, they have what society has told them qualifies as happiness, including the wife, job, house, mortgage, kids, etc. So, when asked, they are likely to say, "Yeah I guess I'm happy". Does their situation really qualify as happiness? I've seen too many married people putting on a false display of satisfaction to believe the surveys. They may say they're happy but look closer and there's usually some serious dysfunctional stuff going on. They are taking prescription drugs, or addicted to porn, video games, alcohol, gambling, whatever.

    I recently had lunch with a happily married couple who are masters at this game. They told me about their wonderful new house, and how they love everything about their situation. But I know the darker truth behind the facade. They are both taking multiple prescription drugs, the husband is going out for 3 drink lunches every chance he gets, the wife doesn't get out of bed till 11am because she's so stoned, they both spend money like crazy on consumer crap. It certainly doesn't qualify as happiness to me.

    The gynocentric propaganda seems to be getting really thick these days. Women may not really be happy or functional in their present condition, but they can read these articles and convince themselves feminism has been a great success.

  5. #25

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Right on all counts, BeenThereDoneThat ! Well written points.


    Quote Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat View Post

    This crap article presents loneliness as if it's a serious condition men urgently need to cure.


    Yup, I agree. I think the the article is really revealing women's own insecurities; women....for all that bragging that they've got it all together, are really scared and afraid of being independent ( ie, being on their own). Heck, they can't even go to the toilet on their own:

    https://babylonbee.com/news/strong-i...an-to-restroom

    Lol!

    I think the article is another way of revealing that women feel threatened and insecure when men go off on their own. It means women are not getting male attention & this makes them feel insecure.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat View Post


    The gynocentric propaganda seems to be getting really thick these days. Women may not really be happy or functional in their present condition, but they can read these articles and convince themselves feminism has been a great success.
    Word! They make it seem like male independence ( which they wrongly label as 'loneliness') is something wrong because every time men are better at something, women need to make it look like it's wrong. By doing so, they convince themselves that they are alright and it's somehow the men who have the problem.

    Truth is, men are better at surviving and thriving on our own. And this makes women feel scared because they know they can't survive on their own.

    Having said that though, I think it's important for men to seek company of like-minded men ( eg, through shared interests like fishing, hunting , etc) because male-bonding and male camaraderie is something truly beautiful, masculine and inspiring.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Flyover country's flyover country
    Posts
    113
    Reputation
    360
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    Saw the article. Does anyone have a link to the hard data he uses to claim men are happier in marriage?

    Amusing how the elite through their controlled media are trying to spin it so that women who DO THE SAME THING (live alone) are JUST AS HAPPY as married. Anyone who knows the temperament of men and women know its the opposite; men are fine with being alone, women arent'.

    I can't come up with a link to the hard data that men are happier and/or healthier in marriage. However, I do know that there has been research that shows that men who are married earn more, live longer, etc. Those who quote the findings usually say it proves that marriage is beneficial to men.

    I say that it doesn't prove that marriage is beneficial to men, because it doesn't address which is the cause and which is the effect. Take a man who has a good job, was born with good genes for health, exercises regularly, watches what he eats, goes to the doctor for regular checkups, etc. He's going to be more attractive to women compared to a guy who works a minimum wage job, smokes a pack and drinks a six pack each day. The chances that an attractive woman is going to want to marry the first guy is much higher than the second.

    Data doesn't lie, but it can be misinterpreted; either intentionally or accidentally. My interpretation about the longer-living, higher-earning married man is that a man who is a high-earner and healthy is more likely to get married, as opposed to the insinuation that being married does it for the man.

  7. #27
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    15722
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadedoldman65 View Post
    I say that it doesn't prove that marriage is beneficial to men, because it doesn't address which is the cause and which is the effect. Take a man who has a good job, was born with good genes for health, exercises regularly, watches what he eats, goes to the doctor for regular checkups, etc. He's going to be more attractive to women compared to a guy who works a minimum wage job, smokes a pack and drinks a six pack each day. The chances that an attractive woman is going to want to marry the first guy is much higher than the second.
    Yes, exactly. I was going to bring up the issue of causality as well.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).

  8. #28
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    1555
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    Saw the article. Does anyone have a link to the hard data he uses to claim men are happier in marriage?

    Amusing how the elite through their controlled media are trying to spin it so that women who DO THE SAME THING (live alone) are JUST AS HAPPY as married. Anyone who knows the temperament of men and women know its the opposite; men are fine with being alone, women arent'.
    Hey Jagr, here's the "data" the author was referring to:
    https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...20years%20ago.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    1555
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat View Post

    That about sums it up. This crap article presents loneliness as if it's a serious condition men urgently need to cure. We know statistically more men than ever before are living alone. So it stands to reason more might claim they sometimes feel loneliness. It isn't a serious issue, just a predictable result of people spending time alone.

    I just can't understand the obsession with "happiness" that plagues so many modern people. It seems that people in the past better understood that happiness is a transitory emotion, only truly caught in fleeting moments. For example, you buy a new car and feel happy for a week. A week later, even a Ferrari is basically just another car to most people. Sure it's cool. Sure I get a little pleasure from driving it. But, it loses a lot of it's luster when you're stuck in traffic surrounded by the usual Toyotas, Fords, etc all driving just as fast as you are. It's the same with relationships. People feel lonely and feel the urge to seek companionship. Sometimes they luck out. Next thing you know the "happy" feelings are gone. Now their partner is annoying. Now they notice the baggage, drama, etc. Then they often jump ship to go find the high of being "happy" once more. I too have felt the glow of the new relationship. After awhile, it's gone and all you can think about is how easy and relaxing it was to be single.

    Whenever I think about the modern view of happiness, I'm reminded of an argument with one of my exes, during which she said multiple times "I just want to be happy," inbetween sobs. I told her "everyone is responsible for their own happiness."
    Last edited by Toolband89; August 16, 2022 at 7:07 PM.

  10. #30

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    Sort of like in this video: https://youtu.be/4jSDXArDVBk
    Thanks, mate - I enjoyed this :-)

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    1,304
    Reputation
    2969
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Lets finish the mathematics; we (men-XY chromosome) have different chemicals and thought patterns that govern our brains, it's a fact that men endure much greater timespans of isolation without so much as a thought of loneliness and the "emotions" that drive it, we can no better grasp loneliness than women can grasp geometry, geography, and other STEM related psychological strongpoints.

    Look at the way they are with babies (can I get a big yucky?).

    The only one being lonely and feeling dead inside are women, men are better equipped to deal with solidarity and isolation through analytical and pragmatic reasoning. 10 years or 10 minutes alone makes no difference, we have one track minds when tuned right fly past emotions like passing a tricycle on the interstate!

    Family and being useful to men was their inherent natural responsibility, but manmade laws rewrote everything and gave them free passage and protection to go outside all previous boundaries in spite of unintended consequences to the well oiled machinery of society and culture.

    As far as "lonely single men"? I disagree, there's only single men and lonely single women.

    MGTOW is our default setting, it only took time for the ground-fault circuitry to trigger it! Gremlins in a thunderstorm!

    The sexual revolution is over, it's time to pay the piper.

    I hate to say it, it makes me cringe, but if anyone's drinking anyone's tears, my eyes are as dry as death valley!

    Emotions are what turns men into women, it that simple, separating the two is something only a man can do!
    Women are spoiled in terms of human interaction and touch. They talk to their female friends, they hug and of course they have male friends, partners and orbiters that support them as well including sexually. A complaint you hear a lot from post wall women is "When I turned 40 I became invisible" this is because a lot of their value and identity is sexual and no one wants them after they stop looking good.

    For males it is different. We are taught from a young age to be tough, we have to be really tight bro's to hug each other otherwise at most it's a handshake. We learn young not to talk about our emotions and problems because no one cares and it is seen as a weakness.

    In terms of touch and sex? I used to crave it, even just to hold hands with a woman. It can start feeling creepy though and I didn't like that I was wanting this thing so much. After a while of not pursuing it and simply not experiencing sex or female touch I stopped caring for it altogether.

    Getting back to the article and the part about men not communicating effectively. I disagree. A lot of men on dating sites will send a message such as "Want to fuck?" now that is not my style and it may not always get the desired result BUT you cannot deny it isn't a clear communication of the man's intent and desire. It is upfront.

    Maybe that is what the Psych is really saying. If men want to be more successful with women they have to learn to be more vague and less honest?

  12. #32
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    1555
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by end_of_days View Post
    Thanks, mate - I enjoyed this :-)
    Babylon Bee is a great spoof of big media news. Sadly, their hyperbolic takes aren't far from the actual truth.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    1555
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
    Maybe that is what the Psych is really saying. If men want to be more successful with women they have to learn to be more vague and less honest?
    That's what I figure. More guys will just try to roll a little harder with PUA, putting up a front of success and achievement, feigning interest and compassion. End result, more girls complaining about getting used/ ghosted by guys that seemed "so great" up front. Women don't want honest, they want someone "stimulating." Well, "stimulating" guys are often shallow, manipulative husks of men who put up a good front.

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    25
    Reputation
    51
    Type
    I'm between Bachelor and Ghost

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Welp that's strange I just made a post about that

  15. #35

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Let me impose a bit of kindergarten-simple math onto this idiot's reasoning. You guys can point out any errors I make...

    The population is divided essentially 50/50 between men and women. (if it is not perfectly 50/50, the proportionate difference is so small as to be insignificant in population discussions).

    he says that over the last 30 years, men have come to make up a larger proportion of long term single people...

    Now, how exactly is this possible?

    Every time a man gets married, a woman gets married. So men and women leave the pool of single people in a 1:1 ratio. (we'll ignore our LGBTQ friends for just a moment here).

    So, if we start out at birth in equal numbers, and we leave the pool of single people in equal numbers, how is it that men can come to be a larger portion of the pool of single people?

    One possibility would be if single women were dying off at greater rates than single men. But we know women live longer, and enormous resources (often men's resources) are sacrificed on their protection. So this is not the reason.

    Another possibility would be that women are gay in higher numbers and have come to marry each other in greater numbers than gay men marry each other. This would leave a larger number of single men than single women. As a straight man, this is not my problem to solve. And it is no reason why I should '...up my game... or raise my skills...'. It may be a reason for me to migrate to a small village in Asia... but that is a topic for another thread.

    The last possibility, and the one that seems most likely here, is that a larger number of women are identifying themselves as being in a relationship, when in fact, there are multiple women sharing an individual Chad or Tyrone. This is consistent with the trend published elsewhere illustrating that about 80% of women are only interested in the top 10% of men. It is also consistent with the mating behavior of female monkeys (but this too, is a topic for another thread). If every man in the society 'ups their game...', the order of female preference is unchanged, and their behavior is also unchanged. There will just be an increase in the performance expectations imposed on Chad and Tyrone by the same number of women who share him.

    Once I decide I am not longer interested in reproducing, the value of women as a necessary asset drops to zero. But their cost as an optional liability remains the same. And as soon as I decide I am going to be single forever, it automatically creates a certainty for at least one woman out there that she too, will also remain single forever. Her only options are 1) Gay married to another woman 2) Dead before me 3) sharing a Chad or Tyrone (and telling herself she is no longer single...).

    Nothing in his article supplies me with a reason why I need to raise my investment and increase my risk on the performance of a group of people whose mating behavior is already indistinguishable from that of monkeys.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    1555
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrainPilot View Post

    Nothing in his article supplies me with a reason why I need to raise my investment and increase my risk on the performance of a group of people whose mating behavior is already indistinguishable from that of monkeys.
    Didn't you know that all men are the same? We're all so desperate to get our dicks wet that me must go worship at the altar of therapy to become the men women will tolerate just so we can satisfy our primal urges.

    At least that's the message the media has been pushing for years.

  17. #37
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    407
    Reputation
    1798
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by BrainPilot View Post
    Once I decide I am not longer interested in reproducing, the value of women as a necessary asset drops to zero. But their cost as an optional liability remains the same. And as soon as I decide I am going to be single forever, it automatically creates a certainty for at least one woman out there that she too, will also remain single forever. Her only options are 1) Gay married to another woman 2) Dead before me 3) sharing a Chad or Tyrone (and telling herself she is no longer single...)
    4) Tell herself and anyone who cares to listen that she "doesn't need a man", while desperately trawling dating sites for Mr 6.6.6
    Men are becoming MGTOW by the millions, most without ever having heard the term. They are simply doing what all living organisms finding themselves in a toxic environment do. They adapt to it or remove themselves from it. Females are not liking either the adaptations or the removal.

    TWITTER FEED

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    198
    Reputation
    651
    Type
    49% Bachelor 51% Ghost

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    Hey Jagr, here's the "data" the author was referring to:
    https://www.pewresearch.org/social-t...20years%20ago.
    Here's a couple of problems I see right away with this research. Rather than asking for marital status, they use the categories of "partnered" and "unpartnered" which allows people to come up with their own definition of relationship status. As BrainPilot suggests, women may be more inclined than men to consider themselves partnered regardless of their actual situation.

    Then it doesn't look like they adjusted for age when considering differences in income. Young men are more likely to be unpartnered. They also likely make less money than older men, because they have had less time to be established in their jobs/careers. The difference in income isn't necessarily related to partnership status, as the researchers try to conclude. The problem is briefly mentioned in the footnotes to the study, but not adequately addressed.

    There's a lot of nonsense in current day social research, in part due to female dominance in the universities and social sciences. Every published study seems to have a gynocentric slant. My guess is researchers are afraid to present anything that could be interpreted as critical of women and feminist "progress".

    It reminds me of the propaganda campaigns in Nazi Germany mid WW2. Even though the Nazi cause was starting to crumble, they kept pumping victory and supposed successes. It went on almost to the end. Gynocentric propaganda keeps pushing the success and independence of women, even though it's obvious for those of us who look around at the real-world things aren't going quite so well.

  19. #39

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    I'm sure several of you have seen the piece from Psychology Today. It's now being picked up on by various news agencies, other sites (especially feminist ones like Jezebel, Madam Noire, etc). Basically, the crux of it is that women are superior, they're out achieving men, they're raising their standards and they're happier being single than men are. They go on to suggest that men must up their game, become more considerate, caring partners and even seek therapy to confront their shortcomings, biases and inherent misogyny to be more supportive of the women in their life.

    It couldn't possibly be that more men are waking up to the fact that modern women, and especially Western women are toxic cows who have nothing to offer beyond their bloated bodies, entitled personalities and endless nagging. If you love drama, by all means, sacrifice your precious time, money and energy to becoming everything the feminist hags want in a man- a strong, masculine yet caring supportive boy servant who strokes their ego and encourages to achieve higher and higher status while also still somehow out earning them in their own stressful, lucrative job while also managing to keep a woman so attracted, turned on and emotionally stimulated that her eyes wouldn't possibly wander. I'd love to meet the sensitive Casanova/ Hercules who manages to have that kind of balance.

    I figured you'd all enjoy a good laugh, as I have. Feel free to pick this apart gentlemen

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ely-single-men
    This all because of simps in the making culture. In my college there were guys who would sideline you for not having a girlfriend or having no conversation with girls.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Toolband89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    The Woods
    Posts
    602
    Reputation
    1555
    Type
    Stoic

    Re: Oh no! The rise of lonely, single men is upon us!

    Quote Originally Posted by BeenThereDoneThat View Post

    There's a lot of nonsense in current day social research, in part due to female dominance in the universities and social sciences. Every published study seems to have a gynocentric slant. My guess is researchers are afraid to present anything that could be interpreted as critical of women and feminist "progress".
    Of course. The current slant of things is that being male = bad. Being white = bad, but forgivable if female and an "advocate" for "antiracism" and or/ LGBTQ+. Being a white male = bad and evil, unforgivable and punishable. We see it all over the place, at home and abroad. The Minneapolis teacher union just passed an agreement (that will likely result in many a lawsuit and be struck down) that in the event of layoffs, white teachers will be laid off first. In the UK, the Royal Air Force is currently stopping all recruitment of white males in an effort to achieve greater "diversity."

    We're at the point now where one group of people is having to take responsibility for the perceived actions/ wrongs of their ancestors against the ancestors of other groups of people, despite neither group having participated in or been a direct victim of those things. This reminds me of a fun experience I had with my sister.

    Years ago, I agreed to meet my sister for drinks at a bar. I ended up walking out as our conversation turned loud and drew attention from other customers. Somehow she steered us towards the wonderful topic of male oppression and the patriarchy. She started claiming that I could never understand how hard women have it and how men have more rights than women. When I asked for examples of these supposed hardships and what written rights women were lacking in comparison to men, she proceeded to dive back into history with such fine examples of women not having the right to vote, being expected to stay at home, have kids, etc.

    Needless to say, she did not take kindly to my reminder that neither she, nor any modern woman (in an industrialized nation) has experienced such oppression. I then compared that to me trying to claim hardship because my immigrant ancestor struggled in the US, didn't speak the language, etc. Obviously that is not my experience as a 3rd generation American. Our family has progressed from hard manual labor and no education to advanced degrees and professional careers. My point was simple. One does not get to claim the status of victim by vicariously claiming it from the past. But, that's where we are now as a society. Perpetual victimhood. Why? Because it's expedient, lucrative and gratifying. What's easier than being a criminal and then screaming "racist!" when anyone tries to stop you. Are you a woman who doesn't like being told "no," start calling people "sexist," and watch them kiss your ass.

    Look at Colin Kaepernick. His career ended because A. He's just not very good, B. there's fresh talent out of the NCAA every year, C. he's a huge distraction with a crap attitude. That's it. He was not "blackballed" because of his race. Hell, most people weren't even aware of his ancestry until his BLM involvement. Most people probably thought he had middle eastern ancestry or something. Anyways, look what he's been able to do. Slam the NFL and team owners as "slavers," and BAM, corporations start throwing big, multi million $ endorsements your way. Easier than working for a living or getting banged up on the field. BLM is the same. Make a stink, protest and march, burn some stuff up, shamelessly loot and watch the donations roll in. Now they've used that money to buy CA real estate on the beach.

    So, to draw a link back to this article. Let's assume every bit of it is 100% true, and the data is irrefutable. Let's just say that women have advanced so much that they can now have standards that far exceed what the average man is able to meet. Wouldn't that then run counter to the narrative that women are still widely oppressed and that men run roughshod over the world? Wouldn't that then be indicative of rising female privilege? Oh, but we mustn't frame it that way. It must be framed as such that these poor, fantastic women just can't find men that are worthy enough to bask in their greatness.


Similar Threads

  1. Why does life have to be so lonely?
    By alcockell in forum Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: January 24, 2018, 9:10 PM
  2. How to not be lonely when you are alone
    By Andrew in forum For Ghosts
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: November 23, 2017, 8:35 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 29, 2014, 7:18 AM
  4. Lonely old age?
    By Brit in forum Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: October 16, 2014, 7:42 PM
  5. Itís Lonely Out In Space -- Chateau Heartiste
    By jagrmeister in forum Game
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 7, 2014, 9:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •