Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,125
    Reputation
    4106

    New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Victory Girls ^ | 12 Sep 2022 | Kim Hirsch
    Suzy Weiss is a 27-year-old journalist who is bright, thoughtful, and very lonely. She’s also wondering why Tinder and other apps like it have failed members of her generation.

    Writing at her older sister Bari’s Substack “Common Sense,” Suzy claims in an article called “Generation Swipe,” that “Tinder promised it would revolutionize romance.” So far, however, it appears to have failed not only her, but her peers as well. And she wonders why.Part of the problem can be found in the first paragraph, however:
    “Every generation thinks they have it the hardest when it comes to finding love, but it’s hard to look at mine and conclude that we don’t have a good case. Never before have young people been having so little sex …”
    . . . My mother’s generation, however, believed that good girls don’t, and while bad girls seem to have all the fun, men want to marry good girls. Trouble is, however, that now lots of men don’t want to get married. And some, notes Weiss, don’t even want to have sex, believe it or not...."
    Comments:
    Who wants left wing nut girls?

    Maybe for a date or two, but after useless toxic nutty sex, I might want a recovery time-out.

    "Just mention Modern Art, Civil Rights, or Folk Music, and you're in like Flynn!" Otter

    Nope, not me. Cannot stand them. I struggle to be polite around them. Their inner ugliness oozes out their eyes. Let them marry their cat!

    Seems there is an oversupply of men in China. Any women interested?

    Thanks to social media, every woman expects to meet Prince Harry who's a handsome millionaire . . . (Not some Chinese factory worker who assembles I-Phones 12 hours a day and lives in a factory dormitory)


    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Flyover country's flyover country
    Posts
    113
    Reputation
    361
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    There's a saying from the old, Reddit MGTOW thread that seems appropriate; "Every woman who refuses anything less than the sultan has just put herself in his harem." With online matching and dating, the top tier guys have all the sex they want without the baggage of marriage while the invisible majority of men have learned that being the 'consolation prize' is dangerous.

    Don't get me wrong; plenty of those guys want to have sex and they'd probably be perfectly happy to have sex with her...but she doesn't pass either the return on investment analysis nor the risk vs reward analysis. It just seems to me that so many women are so busy listing their demands on these sites that they've forgotten that the guys are able to choose, as well. Unless she learns the very basic principal that she's going to have to promote what a man will gain from dating her, she's going to have rough luck.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    1,304
    Reputation
    2969
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    What I noticed when I tried the online dating thing. Women want instant attraction, sometimes before you even meet. They want the tingles from the hot guy in the photo. Then and only then will they even consider talking to him. If they meet him and the tingles don't transfer to real life he is gone.

    Attraction and chemistry actually takes time. That is why back in the old days they would get two young people together and make them spend time together. No pressure, just courting, sometimes with a chaperone. Just see what develops.

    People don't want to invest the time anymore. That is why it is failing.

    Not to mention sometimes, the one you feel chemistry with is the one you don't initially feel any attraction to! Go figure.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    496
    Reputation
    899
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    On Line Dating (OLD) is an industry, why would any industry want to work so well to put themselves out of business? That is not smart business, they want return customers.

    OLD fake accounts, the huge amount of men vs women members, why would a woman settle for a man when she has thousands to choose from at her fingertips? Tomorrow brings more... Hypergamy at it's highest.

    Before OLD, the woman had a limited number of men to choose from, collage or city life increased the numbers. Birth control added freedom from pregnancy, slut shaming became frowned on. Now you don't even ask a body count, assume it's hundreds at a minimum.

    "A woman is only single because she wants to be." She may not be able to attract the man she wants, but she will be able to attract a man. She can get in shape, clean up, dress up and make herself available. With a readymade family some simp will take the challenge on. A man cannot do the same.

    I disagree with the church idea; it's been suggested on here before but female nature, western culture, western family law does not change what she can get away with.

    Why run the risk of marriage with a higher than 50% failure rate? Why run the risk of losing everything you have worked for? (Giving it up to her, courts and lawyers). Why enter into a contract where the other party benefits from breaking it? GYOW....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,125
    Reputation
    4106

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    One way to minimize risk is to remove the marriage litigation from the divorce courts via a religious arbitration agreement. Jews and Muslims have religious arbitration agreements that require the married to litigate using religious law and religious authorities to hear the case, such as Bet Din courts. Anyone here have any experience on whether they are good or bad for men?

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNuts View Post
    On Line Dating (OLD) is an industry, why would any industry want to work so well to put themselves out of business? That is not smart business, they want return customers.

    OLD fake accounts, the huge amount of men vs women members, why would a woman settle for a man when she has thousands to choose from at her fingertips? Tomorrow brings more... Hypergamy at it's highest.

    Before OLD, the woman had a limited number of men to choose from, collage or city life increased the numbers. Birth control added freedom from pregnancy, slut shaming became frowned on. Now you don't even ask a body count, assume it's hundreds at a minimum.

    "A woman is only single because she wants to be." She may not be able to attract the man she wants, but she will be able to attract a man. She can get in shape, clean up, dress up and make herself available. With a readymade family some simp will take the challenge on. A man cannot do the same.

    I disagree with the church idea; it's been suggested on here before but female nature, western culture, western family law does not change what she can get away with.

    Why run the risk of marriage with a higher than 50% failure rate? Why run the risk of losing everything you have worked for? (Giving it up to her, courts and lawyers). Why enter into a contract where the other party benefits from breaking it? GYOW....

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    496
    Reputation
    899
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by CPRA View Post
    One way to minimize risk is to remove the marriage litigation from the divorce courts via a religious arbitration agreement. Jews and Muslims have religious arbitration agreements that require the married to litigate using religious law and religious authorities to hear the case, such as Bet Din courts. Anyone here have any experience on whether they are good or bad for men?
    Good luck with that... Convince a woman to get divorced in Beth Din courts receiving a fraction of what she can get in family court... May work if she was strongly religious in the court's faith with family/community pressure.... More chance of finding that unicorn that doesn't exist.

    Remember her family, friends and new boyfriend will be coaching her....

    Play with fire and you will get burned, it's only a matter of time.

  7. #7

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Courts?
    Do random people know your situation better than your family/relatives?
    If not, it's not they who should decide.

    Courts always consist of people. Those family/civil court judges aren't aliens. They are regular Joes and Janes.
    They heavily favour women not because of their beliefs. Court rulings aren't representation of the law - they always are the representation of society's consensus.
    England for example has this law (historical reasons) that you can go to jail for voicing out an opinion that could offend somebody.
    It is their [english people] consensus that while offending right wingers is perfectly fine,
    mocking queens death during national mourning is criminal offense.

    This principle goes for every court - be it religious or not.
    Fair rules doesn't mean anything.
    It is the people who make the rulings.
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  8. #8
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,158
    Reputation
    16872
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by bazalgette View Post
    Courts?
    Do random people know your situation better than your family/relatives?
    If not, it's not they who should decide.

    Courts always consist of people. Those family/civil court judges aren't aliens. They are regular Joes and Janes.
    They heavily favour women not because of their beliefs. Court rulings aren't representation of the law - they always are the representation of society's consensus.
    England for example has this law (historical reasons) that you can go to jail for voicing out an opinion that could offend somebody.
    It is their [english people] consensus that while offending right wingers is perfectly fine,
    mocking queens death during national mourning is criminal offense.

    This principle goes for every court - be it religious or not.
    Fair rules doesn't mean anything.
    It is the people who make the rulings.
    Not according to John Hancock...
    In the beginning, it only ate men, now it's coming for the women and children, and nothing can stop it.

  9. #9

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    I wish I can tell them
    "Tough shit ladies,

    You are not entitled to love you fucking creeps, teehee"

    Equality truly is great

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,125
    Reputation
    4106

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    If the religious arbitration is required in the prenup, then it is enforceable. Did a google on this subject and saw a New York appeals court upheld a Jewish Beth Din religious court ruling. The divorcing woman has to file with the religious court for her hearings based on religious law, but my understanding is that Jewish law is very pro-feminist unlike Muslim religious law. In Israel, women can get orders to prevent her husband from fleeing her by leaving the country . . . Israel will seize his passport.

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNuts View Post
    Good luck with that... Convince a woman to get divorced in Beth Din courts receiving a fraction of what she can get in family court... May work if she was strongly religious in the court's faith with family/community pressure.... More chance of finding that unicorn that doesn't exist.

    Remember her family, friends and new boyfriend will be coaching her....

    Play with fire and you will get burned, it's only a matter of time.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    21
    Type
    Cautious

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadedoldman65 View Post
    ... It just seems to me that so many women are so busy listing their demands on these sites...
    Yes, and I don't want them hiding their "true nature". By listing their demands, these females are giving us all the warning we should need, to stay away from them.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    21
    Type
    Cautious

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNuts View Post
    "A woman is only single because she wants to be." She may not be able to attract the man she wants, but she will be able to attract a man. She can get in shape, clean up, dress up and make herself available... GYOW....
    I don't know, I've seen too many of my friends' wives, shortly after the wedding, begin to lay down their laws while starting to put on weight and otherwise stop taking care of themselves, until it's time to hit the bricks to trade up, and hubbie's turn is over.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    21
    Type
    Cautious

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
    What I noticed when I tried the online dating thing. Women want instant attraction, sometimes before you even meet. They want the tingles from the hot guy in the photo. Then and only then will they even consider talking to him. If they meet him and the tingles don't transfer to real life he is gone.

    Attraction and chemistry actually takes time. That is why back in the old days they would get two young people together and make them spend time together. No pressure, just courting, sometimes with a chaperone. Just see what develops.

    People don't want to invest the time anymore. That is why it is failing.

    Not to mention sometimes, the one you feel chemistry with is the one you don't initially feel any attraction to! Go figure.
    I like this; it's interesting. For me, though, the attraction is immediate, or never. Maybe I'm just too shallow an individual?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    21
    Type
    Cautious

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by CPRA View Post
    Victory Girls ^ | 12 Sep 2022 | Kim Hirsch
    Suzy Weiss is a 27-year-old journalist who is bright, thoughtful, and very lonely. Sheís also wondering why Tinder and other apps like it have failed members of her generation.

    Writing at her older sister Bariís Substack ďCommon Sense,Ē Suzy claims in an article called ďGeneration Swipe,Ē that ďTinder promised it would revolutionize romance.Ē So far, however, it appears to have failed not only her, but her peers as well. And she wonders why.Part of the problem can be found in the first paragraph, however:
    ďEvery generation thinks they have it the hardest when it comes to finding love, but itís hard to look at mine and conclude that we donít have a good case. Never before have young people been having so little sex ÖĒ
    . . . My motherís generation, however, believed that good girls donít, and while bad girls seem to have all the fun, men want to marry good girls. Trouble is, however, that now lots of men donít want to get married. And some, notes Weiss, donít even want to have sex, believe it or not...."
    Comments:
    Who wants left wing nut girls?

    Maybe for a date or two, but after useless toxic nutty sex, I might want a recovery time-out.

    "Just mention Modern Art, Civil Rights, or Folk Music, and you're in like Flynn!" Otter

    Nope, not me. Cannot stand them. I struggle to be polite around them. Their inner ugliness oozes out their eyes. Let them marry their cat!

    Seems there is an oversupply of men in China. Any women interested?

    Thanks to social media, every woman expects to meet Prince Harry who's a handsome millionaire . . . (Not some Chinese factory worker who assembles I-Phones 12 hours a day and lives in a factory dormitory)

    There's some traction here; this is ~ the 5th article I've come across lately with women whining about the current state of relationship affairs and wondering what the flock is going on. We need to keep the heat on, by laying off them.


  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    1,304
    Reputation
    2969
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by fpm View Post
    I like this; it's interesting. For me, though, the attraction is immediate, or never. Maybe I'm just too shallow an individual?
    There is immediate attraction, I mean, no one approaches the ugliest person in the room hoping they will turn out to be a great person.

    But you can also have the thing where initially there isn't attraction but spending time with them that can develop. It is very old school and probably doesn't translate very well to a world where male female communication is fraught with risk, mostly for the man.

    Hence why now you have a system where men just play the odds and send out "Wanna Fuck" messages and women sit back and just orgasm over how many messages they receive without ever reading them.

  16. #16

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    It will continue until men finally wise up universally and just fucking delete Tinder and all apps like it. Look at it like this. If you were a tournament chess player, and there were a group of other players who were allowed to start every game with an extra queen, and you had to play with no queen and no rooks, would you bother to play? The only sane move would be to walk away from that bullshit.

    We MGTOW are the sane ones. Any men still playing the game are fooling themselves. Even the upper 5 percent of men only get some screwing at the risk of getting sucked into 18 years of child support and/or STDs, and maybe a false rape accusation that sends them to prison.

    The game is rigged, and the risk isn't worth it.

  17. #17

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    It will continue until men finally wise up universally and just fucking delete Tinder and all apps like it. Look at it like this. If you were a tournament chess player, and there were a group of other players who were allowed to start every game with an extra queen, and you had to play with no queen and no rooks, would you bother to play? The only sane move would be to walk away from that bullshit.

    We MGTOW are the sane ones. Any men still playing the game are fooling themselves. Even the upper 5 percent of men only get some screwing at the risk of getting sucked into 18 years of child support and/or STDs, and maybe a false rape accusation that sends them to prison.

    The game is rigged, and the risk isn't worth it.
    This is the way, hopefully more and more realize how rigged the game is.. on the bright side the game is so balls to the wall unwinnable that men will have no choice but to stop playing

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    16
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    Quote Originally Posted by CPRA View Post
    . . . My mother’s generation, however, believed that good girls don’t, and while bad girls seem to have all the fun, men want to marry good girls. Trouble is, however, that now lots of men don’t want to get married. And some, notes Weiss, don’t even want to have sex, believe it or not...."
    1. Good for those guys that are passing up on sex. Many starting to realize it just isn't worth it.

    2. This reminds me of the mouse utopia experiement. The beautiful ones are completely disinterested in the females that have become aggressive and intolerable.
    RISE from the ashes and decay
    RISE from the prison of your grave
    RISE above the standard and the norm
    RISE into the eye of the storm

  19. #19
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,632
    Reputation
    16934
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    The winning move is to not play the game of social media and related apps that heavily favor women. If as a man you must date do it the old fashioned way with public approaches. But the old fashioned way of public approaches is harder because approaching women has a greater social stigma these days compared to when I was a kid/young man.

    Tough times for young men trying to date women, but it is what it is.

  20. #20

    Re: New Crisis! Tinder Generation Canít Find Love

    It’s because of them dating apps women have the power to do what she likes because she knows another dumb ass is ready and waiting for her just a swipe away.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 9, 2018, 5:44 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 13, 2018, 8:45 PM
  3. Generation Childless
    By The_Joker in forum Lounge
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: January 30, 2017, 9:10 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: August 8, 2015, 2:33 PM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: October 17, 2014, 4:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •