Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1. #1
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,448
    Reputation
    14946
    Type
    enigmatic

    Memo to Members: political language

    Hi Everybody,

    Something has been on my mind for a very long time but I haven't said anything until now.

    Probably is it assumed that to be MGTOW, one is politically conservative. Likely that is the case for most, but we may have members who classify themselves as otherwise. To be liberal in the sense of the word does not have to mean one is feminist or supports their goals, my analytical mind tells me, although I would be hard-pressed to elaborate on that distinction for you. I would have to allow such members to explain themselves on that, if they chose.

    While we talk about politics here, liberal and conservative, and our strong opinions about it, of course we are quite good in our expression, avoiding veering off into the ranting language that is so often the trademark of lesser websites.

    Except for one word that crops up every now and then:

    libtard

    A portmanteau of liberal + retard.

    It could be just me, but I see that pejorative on many websites where their posters are uncultivated in their expression. I don't want us to approximate those websites. I want us to be better.

    If it is just me, well that is what has always held me back from making this post.

    But, I've decided to come out of the closet on my feelings I get each time I see that word on our site. I flinch every time I read it. It doesn't fit here. It doesn't fit.

    There may be other words that make me flinch that don't come to mind at the moment, but this one is certainly one.

    It's not just a concern for any possible members here but also for the quality of our site, as seen by fellow members as well as lurkers.

    As Admin, I can block any word from appearing in our posts, automatically replaced by asterisks once posted. However, that would retroactively block it on all past posts, rendering those comments mysterious as readers would wonder what is the word that was blocked and it would deprive the authors of those old posts from correcting it right away. I don't want to do that as a first-choice solution.

    Heck, if blocked I wouldn't even be able to post this message to type out the very word I'm talking about.

    So, I am asking all of you who use that word to please avoid using that word on our site, moving forward.
    Really, it's unhelpful in any decent discussion. Just say "liberals" and that will be enough for us to know in the context of your (well-stated) comments what your views are.

    Not everyone will see this message or see it right away so it may happen that as time goes by I might contact any members via PM to point them to it. We'll have to see.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Unboxxed
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  2. #2
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,144
    Reputation
    16839
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Is libtardation subject? I hear cuckserative all the time, and others too.

    None of that bothers me because I'm a political ghost from a bygone day when voting was legal, wholesome, and inclusive.

    Getting under my political skin is impossible, because I was politically skinned alive and seared!

    All governments and their political characters are an utter hopeless remorseless permanent irreversible god forsaken failure!
    In the beginning, it only ate men, now it's coming for the women and children, and nothing can stop it.

  3. #3

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    We are all complex beings and are living in a world where the meaning of our words can and sometimes will get used against us.

    I bet if you would ask the people what a word like conservative or liberal means, you would get as many different answers as the amount of people asked.

    What does liberal mean? Stands it in the tradition of the latin word Libertas (freedom)? Freedom for and in what? Stands it simply for the opposite of conservative?

    And what does conservative really mean? Do you use the literal translation of the latin word Conservare (to preserve)? To preserve who or what exactly? Or do you use it to simply define people who have a different view on things?

    In my experience, it is impossible to tell if someone is a conservative or a liberal or social or something else.

    A human is more than just a word and is able to embody several different thoughts at the same time. Someone can believe that the more of goods produced should go to the fabric owner and not be distributed to the workers, and in the same second believe that the workers should be paid fairly and that they should be insured in the case of disability or illness or death.

    One can be more and one is more than just a label. A label is created to take you and put you in a box. This box is meant as your prison, where you stay until you realise that it works against you, but in favour of the people on top.

    They bet on the human ingroup preference we all correspond to (unless you overcome it). To look for communalities among us, bonding together and finally smashing the ones who disagree.

    This is the whole trick and it works like a charm. Unfortunately, if it doesn't work from the beginning, they are helping gladly to spark the little flame of hatred, greed, jealousy and what not, leading us to go on another's throats.

    And for what? For nothing, for a fabricated lie, for illusions.

    I see myself in a somewhat political exile. There is no party which stands for what I am dreaming of. But there are many parties which are working against it. It is almost like if they hope and work for the worst to happen.


    Edit: Speech of Charlie Chaplin (in 1940) in the movie The Great Dictator.


    https://youtu.be/J7GY1Xg6X20
    Last edited by Smoking Wizard; June 24, 2022 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Video

  4. #4

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Is libtardation subject? I hear cuckserative all the time, and others too.

    None of that bothers me because I'm a political ghost from a bygone day when voting was legal, wholesome, and inclusive.

    Getting under my political skin is impossible, because I was politically skinned alive and seared!

    All governments and their political characters are an utter hopeless remorseless permanent irreversible god forsaken failure!
    You took the words right out of my keyboard!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    413
    Reputation
    797
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    I use the terms "Left" and "Right". I am a Constitutional Conservative. The aforementioned portmanteau never leaves my lips. (I use clear and definitive language).

    Thanks.

  6. #6

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    I agree that "libtard" is counterproductive. The thing is, most of the goobers out there pretending to be liberal really aren't. They're a bunch of whiny, crybaby, all-about-me types. Real liberalism values free speech and the free exchange of ideas. Real liberals believe that a University is a place where any idea can be espoused. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. Everyone is born into their situation. No one chooses their race or gender (unlike the lame brains who claim there are a hundred genders, and you just pick one, and can change at any time.) We're against using slur or hate language like "nigger" for a black, "kike" for a Jew, etc. However, today's phony liberals think that doesn't apply to everyone. They think it's just fine to bash men and white people. While slurs like "cracker" or "honky" don't have the vicious and cruel history, that's not the point. They're put downs, and you should show the same respect toward a white person as anyone else.

    If someone claims to be a liberal, and therefore against racism, but they constantly slam white people, assuming that every single one is massively privileged, they're a hypocrite. And the feminists are the most hypocritical of anyone. Feminism is anti-liberal. I wouldn't call it conservative either, of course. It's just a sick and evil hate philosophy that somehow wormed its way into liberal circles. It would be acceptable if it actually were for equal rights. In other words, all women would have to register for the draft, and we would end the custom of men paying for dates, and men being providers. That would only be fair. Women asked to be released from their gender roles, so men should be released from ours. Instead, feminists demand that men be held to our provider roles even more than we were in the 1950s. That's not equality. If feminists were liberals, they would refrain from hate speech like "kill all men," "mansplaining," "teach men not to rape," and "toxic masculinity." But somehow their phony liberalism, their hate movement, has been respected in liberal circles. Any real liberal would be adamantly opposed to feminism.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    465
    Reputation
    1948
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    On the eve of Independence Day in America, I content myself with the knowledge that one of my forefathers probably shot one of Spooky's forefathers.

    I'm out. Peace.
    - Owen, 07.03.2022
    Last edited by OwenWentFullMGTOW; July 4, 2022 at 4:33 AM.

  8. #8

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by OwenWentFullMGTOW View Post
    The only real reason I can think of for not using language like that is to separate what we believe from partisan politics. As aggravating SJW's tend to be, many of them know not what they do when they pillory us on the Internet. But their day will come, I'm sure.

    And when it does come, it would be best if they thought of TRP as an apolitical/non-partisan concept. If they see TRP as a contingent of the Trump movement, they're less likely to consider our ideas.
    Great points. It's important for people to know that MGTOW has no requirement to support a particular political candidate or party. We come from all walks of life. That's because marriage and dating are a shitty deal for any man. You'll notice that the feminist hate group has tried to tie MGTOW to the alt-right or to Trump supporters. That's because they know there's a huge part of the population who detest Trump and the right and will never support them. So they falsely group is in there with them so that some people will automatically refuse to consider any MGTOW ideas.

    But saving your own ass from getting destroyed via marriage is not political. It's personal. Marriage has fucked over men for a long time now, and it's been men from any political viewpoint you can imagine.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    165
    Reputation
    207
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Any real MGTOW already knows that left/Right are all gynocenric. There is no point talking about them.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    465
    Reputation
    1948
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    On the eve of Independence Day in America, I content myself with the knowledge that one of my forefathers probably shot one of Spooky's forefathers.

    I'm out. Peace.
    - Owen, 07.03.2022
    Last edited by OwenWentFullMGTOW; July 4, 2022 at 4:32 AM.

  11. #11

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by OwenWentFullMGTOW View Post
    I mean, let's be realistic. At least in 2015-2017, the overlap between TRP and other groups was very real and very noticeable. Things may have changed since 2017, of course. But you can't deny the cross-pollination between TRP/manosphere, the alt-right, the conspiracy theorists, MAGA and so forth that existed at least once upon a time.

    My sense of things now is that those individual groups have largely separated from each other once again. I could be wrong. But it just doesn't seem like there are as many, ahem, alt-right types floating around TRP spaces now as compared to, say, six years ago.
    None of the politicians on the right have ever supported MGTOW, or even MRA for that matter. There has always been some overlap between the two groups, but I think that's coincidental. A whole lot of the right wants to just go back to tradcon ways where we simply slave away to support women. There's way more opposition to feminism on the right, to be sure. But their opposition is because feminism opposes their tradcon ideals, not because they're MGTOW.

    The reality is we really don't have any politicians supporting us. In the US at least, each political party will enslave us; they'll just do it in different ways.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,358
    Reputation
    10835
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Not so long ago it was Liberal chumps being clobbered by meat eating Conservatives. You didn't hear any Conservatives bitching then.

    I don't like what Liberals or Conservatives have become.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,805
    Reputation
    4657
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Hi Everybody,

    Something has been on my mind for a very long time but I haven't said anything until now.

    Probably is it assumed that to be MGTOW, one is politically conservative. Likely that is the case for most, but we may have members who classify themselves as otherwise. To be liberal in the sense of the word does not have to mean one is feminist or supports their goals, my analytical mind tells me, although I would be hard-pressed to elaborate on that distinction for you. I would have to allow such members to explain themselves on that, if they chose.

    While we talk about politics here, liberal and conservative, and our strong opinions about it, of course we are quite good in our expression, avoiding veering off into the ranting language that is so often the trademark of lesser websites.

    Except for one word that crops up every now and then:

    libtard

    A portmanteau of liberal + retard.

    It could be just me, but I see that pejorative on many websites where their posters are uncultivated in their expression. I don't want us to approximate those websites. I want us to be better.

    If it is just me, well that is what has always held me back from making this post.

    But, I've decided to come out of the closet on my feelings I get each time I see that word on our site. I flinch every time I read it. It doesn't fit here. It doesn't fit.

    There may be other words that make me flinch that don't come to mind at the moment, but this one is certainly one.

    It's not just a concern for any possible members here but also for the quality of our site, as seen by fellow members as well as lurkers.

    As Admin, I can block any word from appearing in our posts, automatically replaced by asterisks once posted. However, that would retroactively block it on all past posts, rendering those comments mysterious as readers would wonder what is the word that was blocked and it would deprive the authors of those old posts from correcting it right away. I don't want to do that as a first-choice solution.

    Heck, if blocked I wouldn't even be able to post this message to type out the very word I'm talking about.

    So, I am asking all of you who use that word to please avoid using that word on our site, moving forward.
    Really, it's unhelpful in any decent discussion. Just say "liberals" and that will be enough for us to know in the context of your (well-stated) comments what your views are.

    Not everyone will see this message or see it right away so it may happen that as time goes by I might contact any members via PM to point them to it. We'll have to see.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    Unboxxed
    What the fuck is this shit about?

    I read the O.P. shortly after it was posted and thought “No Jackoff, calm down. Don’t reply now because you’re sure to get banned for going against the man.”

    @ Unboxxed

    I have supported you consistently. You have been the standard I aspire to, but this time you’re just plain wrong.

    If you had made this post as a member then I could understand, but you passed that boundary when you posted it as a “Memo to Members”. You posted as Admin, not a member.

    Just how P.C. are we meant to be? How many other terms do you object to? Cunt? Asshole? Fucker? Maybe you could make a list for us?

    Libtard, as you say is a portmanteau of Liberal and Retard. Is this unwarranted?

    When I was in my teens many, many years ago a political “liberal” meant middle of the road; not socialist and not capitalist. They tried (IMO) to show another way.

    Today “liberals” seem to have aligned themselves to the left. They are no longer liberal minded but still claim the mantle, not only overtly but personally. The overtly bit I get because politicians will say and do whatever it takes.

    The “personally” bit is what gets me. Some actually believe that they are liberal minded whilst progressing left wing views.

    To me this earns them the mantle of “retard” because they are absolutely clueless about where their politics actually lie.

    Libtard is not a term I tend to use, but to my mind it is perfectly warranted.

    Do I see a reprimand or even a ban in my future? Yeah maybe, but speaking the truth – the red-pill – has always caused me problems and I revel in it like a pig in shit!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    465
    Reputation
    1948
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    On the eve of Independence Day in America, I content myself with the knowledge that one of my forefathers probably shot one of Spooky's forefathers.

    I'm out. Peace.
    - Owen, 07.03.2022
    Last edited by OwenWentFullMGTOW; July 4, 2022 at 4:31 AM.

  15. #15

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by OwenWentFullMGTOW View Post
    But conservative? It's a completely meaningless word in today's world.
    Exactly. Are they actually conserving anything?

    You mention actual religious marriage (young, virgin, bears children, takes care of the house, lifetime commitment) and they all freak out.
    You say that according to scriptures wife should be subservient to her husband and you get accused of mysogyny.
    Waiting 2-5 years before proposal? Are you crazy?
    You mention that divorce doesn't exist in christian context and they think you are off your meds. You follow up with that Christ has adressed two specific cases when you can (even should) leave, and there will be outrage. (those cases are a) doesn't give you sex nor children, b) cheated/was 304).

    There is a reason some people call conservatives "cuckservatives". It really fits if you think about it.
    Marriage isn't traditional If you are the only person who acts 'traditional'. You basically ask for being cucked.
    Last edited by bazalgette; June 28, 2022 at 11:02 PM.
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    25
    Reputation
    36
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Is "woketard" allowed?

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    25
    Reputation
    36
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by OwenWentFullMGTOW View Post
    I don't know what "conservative" even means anymore. I don't think it means anything. Because when I was a kid, it basically meant "Reaganism". And even that is mystery meat political jargon.

    But in today's conservative ecosystem, do they support idiotic neocon foreign wars and infinity tax cuts for trillionaires? Not anymore. A lot of people on what passes for the right seem to have wised up on those issues. But do they oppose the destruction of the nuclear family, infinity mass immigration and men being the welfare state for otherwise unemployable single moms? In most cases, they don't oppose those things. Even tho they should.

    Liberal is slightly more coherent to me. Basically, the more moderate Tulsi Gabbard wing of the party. And the SJW's, they're obvious enough.

    But conservative? It's a completely meaningless word in today's world.
    You raise an interesting point. The small-government conservatives, religious conservatives, and neoconservative hawks are long gone from the mainstream of the Republican Party. Today's conservative movement is focused around a specific group of people and the issues important to them, for example abortion, wokeism, and transgenderism, rather than pushing a certain ideology as was done by conservatives in the past.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    465
    Reputation
    1948
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    On the eve of Independence Day in America, I content myself with the knowledge that one of my forefathers probably shot one of Spooky's forefathers.

    I'm out. Peace.
    - Owen, 07.03.2022
    Last edited by OwenWentFullMGTOW; July 4, 2022 at 4:25 AM.

  19. #19
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,448
    Reputation
    14946
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Is libtardation subject? I hear cuckserative all the time, and others too.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreMrNiceGuy View Post
    Is "woketard" allowed?

    I want people to enjoy us for the cogent points that we make and not for the pedestrian language that some may use.

    I'm hoping to raise/maintain the level of discourse here. All cooperation is appreciated. We're doing pretty good, actually. Thanks.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  20. #20

    Re: Memo to Members: political language

    Quote Originally Posted by OwenWentFullMGTOW View Post
    I don't know what "conservative" even means anymore. I don't think it means anything. Because when I was a kid, it basically meant "Reaganism". And even that is mystery meat political jargon.

    But in today's conservative ecosystem, do they support idiotic neocon foreign wars and infinity tax cuts for trillionaires? Not anymore. A lot of people on what passes for the right seem to have wised up on those issues. But do they oppose the destruction of the nuclear family, infinity mass immigration and men being the welfare state for otherwise unemployable single moms? In most cases, they don't oppose those things. Even tho they should.

    Liberal is slightly more coherent to me. Basically, the more moderate Tulsi Gabbard wing of the party. And the SJW's, they're obvious enough.

    But conservative? It's a completely meaningless word in today's world.
    That's a great point. I was originally attracted to conservative ideals because they were supposedly for the government being responsible and balancing the budget. But they never do that. The budget hasn't been balanced for decades. After that I was more attracted to liberalism because I loved how Germany's social medical insurance system worked, but NEITHER of our parties has enacted anything of the kind. Both parties just protect the huge corporations when a simple system where everyone pays in and everyone is covered would be cheaper and cover more people. Plus, the so-called liberals have gone basically apeshit on this "woke" crap. That term isn't even grammatically correct. It's "I'm awake," not "I'm woke." Too many of the Woke Mind Police think they're helping black people by hating on white people. It's bullshit.

    I've come to understand I don't really even fit in today's political system. That's another reason why I've opted out. None of those assholes represent me. They're all hypocritical trash.


Similar Threads

  1. Average Jerry has got the memo (partially)
    By bazalgette in forum Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 29, 2022, 4:03 PM
  2. GYOW.com went from 4,500+ members to 2,200+ members - what happened?
    By johnsmith79 in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: March 17, 2022, 4:38 AM
  3. The Political Spectrum
    By Gringo Star in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 26, 2018, 2:14 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 30, 2017, 4:58 PM
  5. Are young men getting the memo?
    By fathermarker in forum Lounge
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: May 6, 2015, 3:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •