Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,359
    Reputation
    10836
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Wizard View Post
    An universal basic income would solve all these problems. In fact, there are good reasons for it since all other social security programs and insurances are soon more costly than UBI would be. And why it should be a good idea to allow funds to speculate with retirement money to artificially inflate the economy is another question to be asked.

    There is enough to feed everyone on this planet. There is enough, so that everyone can live a decent life. What the fuck are we actually doing? Our species is so fucking stupid and stubborn and greedy...
    Nobody's paying the down and out any money yet, but there's been some real effort lately to find the local homeless a place to live. It's sort of a dry food and hose water existence compared to everyone else, but it's a hell of a lot better than living on the streets. Kind of a step toward a UBI. That's all they'll see for a while; most Americans are not going to get behind UBI's. I would support one now, but in years past I was too redneck.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  2. #22

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Yes, it's about time. You can judge a society on how they treat their most unfortunated.

  3. #23
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610
    Reputation
    613
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Wizard View Post
    An universal basic income would solve all these problems. In fact, there are good reasons for it since all other social security programs and insurances are soon more costly than UBI would be. And why it should be a good idea to allow funds to speculate with retirement money to artificially inflate the economy is another question to be asked.

    There is enough to feed everyone on this planet. There is enough, so that everyone can live a decent life. What the fuck are we actually doing? Our species is so fucking stupid and stubborn and greedy...
    An universal basic income? I don't want that. That sounds like communism/socialism talking points, and I don't want any part of that. I prefer capitalism because capitalism works, because I rather be paid unequally rich than be paid equally poor. I don't want equal poverty.

    Being told I'll be happy equally poor, does not make me happy. And that is evil.

  4. #24

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Look, UnknownSurviving, in most European countries there are mandatory social security insurances, health insurances etc., all financed with taxes on income, consumer goods, wealth, etc.

    But instead of having a hundred institutions with their own bureaucracies and managers, there would only be one single entity.

    If you believe it or not, but there is enough money around to finance this. Besides, there is no point for you to protect the multi-billionaires. You will probably never be one of them and they don't give a shit about you anyway.

    To look after your own people first is simply nationalistic, if you need a word for it.

  5. #25
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,359
    Reputation
    10836
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownSurviving View Post
    An universal basic income? I don't want that. That sounds like communism/socialism talking points, and I don't want any part of that. I prefer capitalism because capitalism works, because I rather be paid unequally rich than be paid equally poor. I don't want equal poverty.

    Being told I'll be happy equally poor, does not make me happy. And that is evil.
    One percent of America's population owns ninety nine percent of the country's wealth, but capitalism works? For some it sure does.

    When younger I would never have been in favor of a universal basic income. But being old gives me a different prospective.

    For one thing, the American workforce is full of worthless feather merchants who aren't ever going to pull their weight. A very large group of people are now and for a long time have been getting paid to do not much work. The workplace would be better off without them.

    I assume you could still work with a UBI. How could the country survive if nobody worked? You could have your basic income and supplement it by working. The lazy could forgo work and live cheap while the rest of us could work and have a better life. I know how the gov works. You can bet any UBI they fund will be a dry food and hose water existence. Most people are going to want better.
    Last edited by frog; August 10, 2022 at 2:22 AM.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  6. #26

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals


  7. #27
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,144
    Reputation
    16839
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    UBI distorts the entire premise and purpose of money. Capatilism works, just not the way it has been distorted by oligarchic advantages and partnerships in politics.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, in only makes things that much more distorted by applying ban-aids over bandages that once covered an infection now turned gangrene.

    Money lost all it's intrinsic worth when the gold standard was dropped in favor of fractional reserve banking.

    Money has suffered great losses of value, spawned inflation, and made public expenditures greater than the GDP.

    I myself must resort to cashless exchanges, alternative energy, and self supplemented food, as a buttress against these cancerous economics.

    Taking more in taxes only exacerbates the conundrum giving us all the inherent poverty we see today.

    Multinational corporations that scour the earth for cheap labor are the crux of the problem but that's another story.

    If we can't trust government bloat and the political cabal it created (swamp), how can we trust the same thing with any more of our limited financial recourses?

    I don't need to do the things I do to curve dollar dependency, it's more or less shifting gears for a time (soon) when we're all holding worthless dollars on empty stomachs, empty fuel tanks, and a vicious government making more demands to feed the swamp.

    I'm actually better off without a government, they only make things worse by covering the wounds they create with infected dirty bandages. To them I say fuck off and die! Better you than me!
    In the beginning, it only ate men, now it's coming for the women and children, and nothing can stop it.

  8. #28
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610
    Reputation
    613
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    UBI distorts the entire premise and purpose of money. Capatilism works, just not the way it has been distorted by oligarchic advantages and partnerships in politics.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, in only makes things that much more distorted by applying ban-aids over bandages that once covered an infection now turned gangrene.

    Money lost all it's intrinsic worth when the gold standard was dropped in favor of fractional reserve banking.

    Money has suffered great losses of value, spawned inflation, and made public expenditures greater than the GDP.

    I myself must resort to cashless exchanges, alternative energy, and self supplemented food, as a buttress against these cancerous economics.

    Taking more in taxes only exacerbates the conundrum giving us all the inherent poverty we see today.

    Multinational corporations that scour the earth for cheap labor are the crux of the problem but that's another story.

    If we can't trust government bloat and the political cabal it created (swamp), how can we trust the same thing with any more of our limited financial recourses?

    I don't need to do the things I do to curve dollar dependency, it's more or less shifting gears for a time (soon) when we're all holding worthless dollars on empty stomachs, empty fuel tanks, and a vicious government making more demands to feed the swamp.

    I'm actually better off without a government, they only make things worse by covering the wounds they create with infected dirty bandages. To them I say fuck off and die! Better you than me!



    Exactly. I'm in agreement with you, MGTOWER. By the way, I don't care what anyone thinks, about billionaires, because most billionaires were normal people and they actually started small in their garage.

    I don't care about their liberal mindset, but I realized this: normal people become billionaires because they thrive to run their own companies in their own garage, and they worked hard from the garage to be full fledge companies. I intend to do the same thing, but with mgtow principles.

    Think about Walt Disney (he wasn't mgtow, but he was successful nonetheless, and I plan to be successful in my endeavor). He was denied by the bank several times, because they didn't believe in his dreams. So he instead, had set up his own bank (mutual/life insurance) and funded his own money to build Walt Disney World, and look how he succeeded. So I'm doing research and I plan to do similar things for my goals.

    I deleted one of my posts about being a billionaire, because I was defending my desire to be one. I didn't want to stir up the pot or start fights. I wanted to ensure good friendship with strong men and mgtows. So, there will be disagreements.

    However, i will remain steadfast in my dreams. I have a lot of dreams. Last night, I talked with The Captain, on the phone, and he and I agree, because of my massive goals that I set up for myself, I don't have time for women. i"m sure lot of famous, single men of the past didn't have time with women, because of their awesome goal setting.

    So I have plans and goals, one of them is to be rich as fuck, and have FUCK-YOU money. As such, I'll be making friends with strong men (mgtow) like MGTOWER and The Captain, have similar mindsets and have good supports. One of my goals is to have good masculine men, as friends, whether it's mentor, or a just masculine buddy, because these days, society is fucking men over, with weak teachings and raising them to be weak men.

    I'll have none of that bullshit in my life.

  9. #29
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,144
    Reputation
    16839
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownSurviving View Post
    Exactly. I'm in agreement with you, MGTOWER. By the way, I don't care what anyone thinks, about billionaires, because most billionaires were normal people and they actually started small in their garage.

    I don't care about their liberal mindset, but I realized this: normal people become billionaires because they thrive to run their own companies in their own garage, and they worked hard from the garage to be full fledge companies. I intend to do the same thing, but with mgtow principles.

    Think about Walt Disney (he wasn't mgtow, but he was successful nonetheless, and I plan to be successful in my endeavor). He was denied by the bank several times, because they didn't believe in his dreams. So he instead, had set up his own bank (mutual/life insurance) and funded his own money to build Walt Disney World, and look how he succeeded. So I'm doing research and I plan to do similar things for my goals.

    I deleted one of my posts about being a billionaire, because I was defending my desire to be one. I didn't want to stir up the pot or start fights. I wanted to ensure good friendship with strong men and mgtows. So, there will be disagreements.

    However, i will remain steadfast in my dreams. I have a lot of dreams. Last night, I talked with The Captain, on the phone, and he and I agree, because of my massive goals that I set up for myself, I don't have time for women. i"m sure lot of famous, single men of the past didn't have time with women, because of their awesome goal setting.

    So I have plans and goals, one of them is to be rich as fuck, and have FUCK-YOU money. As such, I'll be making friends with strong men (mgtow) like MGTOWER and The Captain, have similar mindsets and have good supports. One of my goals is to have good masculine men, as friends, whether it's mentor, or a just masculine buddy, because these days, society is fucking men over, with weak teachings and raising them to be weak men.

    I'll have none of that bullshit in my life.
    My garage saves me fortunes on repairs, it's where I process my fruit and veggies, and mix my fertilizer, having a garage is like having a left and right hand! Which reminds me, I have to get back to work in my garage!

    Lots of great things come from garages!








    In the beginning, it only ate men, now it's coming for the women and children, and nothing can stop it.

  10. #30
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610
    Reputation
    613
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    My garage saves me fortunes on repairs, it's where I process my fruit and veggies, and mix my fertilizer, having a garage is like having a left and right hand! Which reminds me, I have to get back to work in my garage!

    Lots of great things come from garages!









    Mgtower, with your garage, and stuff to do, anything, you could come up with a new company, right out of your own garage, and you could be the next Steve Jobs! The next "Steve Jobs" with mgtow principles! That's what I"m aiming for right now.

  11. #31

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    One percent of America's population owns ninety nine percent of the country's wealth, but capitalism works? For some it sure does.

    When younger I would never have been in favor of a universal basic income. But being old gives me a different prospective.

    For one thing, the American workforce is full of worthless feather merchants who aren't ever going to pull their weight. A very large group of people are now and for a long time have been getting paid to do not much work. The workplace would be better off without them.

    I assume you could still work with a UBI. How could the country survive if nobody worked? You could have your basic income and supplement it by working. The lazy could forgo work and live cheap while the rest of us could work and have a better life. I know how the gov works. You can bet any UBI they fund will be a dry food and hose water existence. Most people are going to want better.
    Yes, but you would work four days a week to support 2, maybe 3, lazy sods, and be allowed to keep what you earned on Friday.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  12. #32

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by sam luis obispo View Post
    Yes, but you would work four days a week to support 2, maybe 3, lazy sods, and be allowed to keep what you earned on Friday.
    You could argue against your argument, if you acknowledge that it would be better, when only the willing and productive would work. The people, who, let's say, don't have the physical strenght, mental capacity or are better in things which are not associated with productivity like art, music, philosophy, etc. would be given the chance to do the things they are good at.

    To force someone in a system, which he despise, causes problems. We should know that here. However, the world is in desparately need for thinkers, because our systems don't work anymore and need adjustments. The alternative is burning cities, millions of deaths because of famine and illnesses, rampant crime rates, murder and in the end, collapse.
    "Le seul moyen d'affronter un monde sans liberté est de devenir si absolument libre qu'on fasse de sa propre existence un acte de révolte." - Albert Camus

  13. #33
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,359
    Reputation
    10836
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by sam luis obispo View Post
    Yes, but you would work four days a week to support 2, maybe 3, lazy sods, and be allowed to keep what you earned on Friday.
    Sam, I truly don't know what the answer is. I do know that in my working years, I had co-workers who might as well been drawing a universal basic income, no more effort than they put into their work. A few were such screw up's Smokey would have been money ahead paying them to stay home. Good people pick up these loser's messes from January to December.

    When you look at it this way, we are already funding part of the workforce for doing really close to nothing.
    Last edited by frog; August 11, 2022 at 6:27 PM.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  14. #34
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,659
    Reputation
    15720
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    It's so fashionable, even successful women are doing it:

    Serena Williams: "It's no fair that I can't win anymore, because I'm a woman and wanted to have kids. Biology discriminated against me!!" (real reason: she's 41)

    Liz Warren: "Many people said they would have voted for me if I had a penis" (in reality, no one said this to her).

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).

  15. #35
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,448
    Reputation
    14946
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    In 1516, the English scholar Thomas More published Utopia, a political satire depicting an island where conditions were as they “should be”. In it, he made the first reference to an idea that is now being debated and tested across the world. Every citizen on More’s island (which, it should be pointed out, also featured slaves shackled in chains of gold) is provided with “some means of livelihood”. They are granted, in effect, a universal basic income, or UBI.

    In its fundamental form, UBI hasn’t changed much from More’s original proposition. The idea is to give every citizen, regardless of means, a sum of money, regularly and for life – usually enough that they don’t need to work.


    (end of quotation.)

    I forget where it was in the USA, but they experimented with UBI for 1000 people on the idea that if certain basic costs of living were covered, it would free people up to pursue becoming self-sufficient and not stuck in just keeping themselves alive. Perhaps elevating themselves out of the need for UBI, I imagine. It didn't work. They found the people were stagnant and relied only on that check every month. They terminated the experiment.

    UBI has been described as a payment such that a person doesn't need to work. Does de-incentivizing motivation really sound good?

    I've always believed that you have to leverage people's initiative into the equation. Let them see that the more they put into it, the more they get out of it. This way, each decides where he balances out in terms of his effort versus his gains. Each decides when having enough is enough, for his effort. Let the billionaires be billionaires, I don't have their kind of savvy. I don't care that 1 percent owns 99 percent or whatever the math is on that. It just shows the system of effort/reward works. They put in the effort in this climb we call life. Each of us can drop out along the way when we find our sweet spot in this climb. I don't think UBI would redistribute the real estate. It would, however, disincentivize future crops of young people reaching adulthood by making standard a notion that the elders set it all up so it must be the result of much wisdom. "And what else do ya got for me?"

    I would not want to be on a UBI all of my life to still be on it in my 60s. I like that I had to put in effort across the years, play the game and it's myriad of choices, to have what I now have. I may not have as much money as most others but I have enough to carry me out. I found my level. Even if others say that doors of opportunity were (unfairly) closed to me, I found my level. Most importantly, I have built around me the feeling of comfort. I like the markers of my achievement, like the better neighborhood in which I live, for instance. That's not a snob thing to say. It is an appreciation of my effort. I could be living in a poorer part of town. Well, actually, no, I couldn't. And that's part of what drives me.

    In the USA, we have a Welfare system for the physically incapacitated, the temporarily down-and-out, those unable to work, the unlucky, the untalented, and even the lazy. A safety net, a basic income, that acknowledges those who cannot participate in the capitalist system and it does not prohibit these recipients from trying to increase their situation in life. It does, and should, show everyone that the welfare system is not luxury. If you want luxury, you have to put into the capitalist system and build capital. If you are satisfied with Welfare, Section 8 housing and the like, then there's your UBI. I would not be satisfied with that for myself.

    Our city thinks that putting homeless people in shelter will solve their immediate needs so that they can thrive. No effort is required from these homeless for receiving this benefit. The city seems to make the tragic assumption that everybody is naturally of equal desire to improve their lot in life if only they were given a boost. Ha, they should pay attention to that failed UBI experiment. "And what else do ya got for me?" I say you gotta look at each person, each case, and figure out why they are homeless. Is self-motivation present, or absent? It's hard for me to think that anyone on our city council would choose homelessness if they lost their job. The city won't explore at the individual level what is required to kick-start the ones that need kick-starting versus the truly unmotivated but instead offers blanket solutions as if the homeless are a monolith of people just like themselves, ready to improve if only they had a boost. How unknowing of human nature. You don't just expect people to do what you want them to do. You must do the carrot-and-stick thing. In 2005, our County announced a 10-year plan to end homelessness. They are lucky today that few remember that promise. It probably fizzled out with the next change of politicians.

    I'm getting too far into the homeless thing here and it's not my best essay on that but I mean to focus only on the idea of visibly attaching a person's effort to their status in life, as a necessary means of helping people to help themselves. De-motivating people is inhumane, in a sense, in that it harms the human spirit. I believe UBI would do that, far from being a utopia.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,805
    Reputation
    4657
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    UBI? Universal Basic Income?

    Let’s be honest, this is just a synonym for welfare.

    If bringing all the welfare cases together under one umbrella term, for whatever reason they are on welfare, cuts down on the bureaucracy, then this is a good thing.

    Government bodies are overrun with middle management types on high wages that contribute next to nothing personally, their job being to make sure that the people doing the actual work on the front line are doing their jobs correctly.

    This oversight is necessary, but the sheer number of people doing this job is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

    You have the guys and gals on the front line dealing with the public – necessary.
    You have their people managers – necessary.
    You have the people managing the people mangers – getting into a grey area.
    You have the people managing the… the list goes on.

    Most of these so-called managers actually contribute nothing of intrinsic value to the task at hand but draw huge salaries. Government bodies are rife with this phenomenon, but so too are multi-nationals.

    The merits of a welfare system aside, if redefining the welfare system as UBI means getting rid of these self-important wasters then I say go for it.

    UBI? Welfare? A rose by any other name would smell as sweet (or as rancid).

  17. #37
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    610
    Reputation
    613
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    In 1516, the English scholar Thomas More published Utopia, a political satire depicting an island where conditions were as they “should be”. In it, he made the first reference to an idea that is now being debated and tested across the world. Every citizen on More’s island (which, it should be pointed out, also featured slaves shackled in chains of gold) is provided with “some means of livelihood”. They are granted, in effect, a universal basic income, or UBI.

    In its fundamental form, UBI hasn’t changed much from More’s original proposition. The idea is to give every citizen, regardless of means, a sum of money, regularly and for life – usually enough that they don’t need to work.


    (end of quotation.)

    I forget where it was in the USA, but they experimented with UBI for 1000 people on the idea that if certain basic costs of living were covered, it would free people up to pursue becoming self-sufficient and not stuck in just keeping themselves alive. Perhaps elevating themselves out of the need for UBI, I imagine. It didn't work. They found the people were stagnant and relied only on that check every month. They terminated the experiment.

    UBI has been described as a payment such that a person doesn't need to work. Does de-incentivizing motivation really sound good?

    I've always believed that you have to leverage people's initiative into the equation. Let them see that the more they put into it, the more they get out of it. This way, each decides where he balances out in terms of his effort versus his gains. Each decides when having enough is enough, for his effort. Let the billionaires be billionaires, I don't have their kind of savvy. I don't care that 1 percent owns 99 percent or whatever the math is on that. It just shows the system of effort/reward works. They put in the effort in this climb we call life. Each of us can drop out along the way when we find our sweet spot in this climb. I don't think UBI would redistribute the real estate. It would, however, disincentivize a new crop of young people reaching adulthood by making standard a notion that the elders set it all up so it must be the result of much wisdom. "And what else do ya got for me?"

    I would not want to be on a UBI all of my life to still be on it in my 60s. I like that I had to put in effort across the years, play the game and it's myriad of choices, to have what I now have. I may not have as much money as most others but I have enough to carry me out. I found my level. Even if others say that doors of opportunity were (unfairly) closed to me, I found my level. Most importantly, I have built around me the feeling of comfort. I like the markers of my achievement, like the better neighborhood in which I live, for instance. That's not a snob thing to say. It is an appreciation of my effort. I could be living in a poorer part of town. Well, actually, no, I couldn't. And that's part of what drives me.

    In the USA, we have a Welfare system for the physically incapacitated, the temporarily down-and-out, those unable to work, the unlucky, the untalented, and even the lazy. A safety net, a basic income, that acknowledges those who cannot participate in the capitalist system and it does not prohibit these recipients from trying to increase their situation in life. It does, and should, show everyone that the welfare system is not luxury. If you want luxury, you have to put into the capitalist system and build capital. If you are satisfied with Welfare, Section 8 housing and the like, then there's your UBI. I would not be satisfied with that for myself.

    Our city thinks that putting homeless people in shelter will solve their immediate needs so that they can thrive. No effort is required from these homeless for receiving this benefit. The city seems to make the tragic assumption that everybody is naturally of equal desire to improve their lot in life if only they were given a boost. Ha, they should pay attention to that failed UBI experiment. "And what else do ya got for me?" I say you gotta look at each person, each case, and figure out why they are homeless. Is self-motivation present, or absent? It's hard for me to think that anyone on our city council would choose homelessness if they lost their job. The city won't explore at the individual level what is required to kick-start the ones that need kick-starting versus the truly unmotivated but instead offers blanket solutions as if the homeless are a monolith of people just like themselves, ready to improve if only they had a boost. How unknowing of human nature. You don't just expect people to do what you want them to do. You must do the carrot-and-stick thing. In 2005, our County announced a 10-year plan to end homelessness. They are lucky today that few remember that promise. It probably fizzled out with the next change of politicians.

    I'm getting too far into the homeless thing here and it's not my best essay on that but I mean to focus only on the idea of visibly attaching a person's effort to their status in life, as a necessary means of helping people to help themselves. De-motivating people is inhumane, in a sense, in that it harms the human spirit. I believe UBI would do that, far from being a utopia.
    Thanks! This is exactly the point. I don't want communism, socialism or "UBI" universal basic income, because basically, it makes a person lazy for the same amount of income each month or every two weeks, whichever works. It makes a person lazy without work and expecting the same amount of money.

    I'm in a limited circumstance, because of Section 8, (I'm seeking a new apartments without section 8 and section 8 is ONLY TEMPORARY for me, and preparing for online school in plumbing.) I called up The Captain several days ago, and he and I agree I have awesome, massive goals for me, and I WANT A BETTER LIFE!! AMERICA IS THE ONLY PLACE FOR ACCOMPLISHING YOUR BIG DREAMS. The American dream is still alive for me.

    I support billionaires, because they worked HARD, to make their money, because in the beginning, they started small in their garage, working on their projects, and they were normal people like you and me. So I'm going to be a billionaire in my lifetime, because I am wiling to put in the work in capitalism, and because I also aim high. I don't have girlfriends, and I don't want one! I prefer being single, and work on my goals.

    Right now, I have time for all my goals, and women are a waste of my time. Right now, The Captain and Mgtower happily support my goals, and I'm most exclusive with those I trust, with similar values.

    I don't share communist/socialist values.

    I never have, and I never will. I"m sure there's disagreement on this subject, but I'm just leaving it as it is.

    However, I will support all mgtow philosophy for men's independency and self-sovereignty and mgtow. I even bet there's a market for masculinity of some sort. I'm still working on masculinity, because masculinity is a way of being. So I am still working on my masculinity every day.

  18. #38

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    It's always fascinating to watch how Americans defend their workaholic ethics. Born to grow, produce, work, gain money, buy things, profit, and work more. As if their whole existence was a competition for who is the best worker bee in the hive.

    It's just another lie that everyone who works hard, can live the American dream. It's a lie that everyone who is rich, deserves it. But the biggest lie is that the capitalistic system works well, it doesn't without social efforts. And as soon as you have social efforts, it cannot be described as exclusive capitalism, because that wouldn't work.

    I'm sure there will come a time soon, where you will have to change your mind, because the most dangerous people are these, who have nothing left to loose, and they are outnumbering you already, and this process will continue.

  19. #39
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,448
    Reputation
    14946
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Wizard View Post
    It's always fascinating to watch how Americans defend their workaholic ethics. Born to grow, produce, work, gain money, buy things, profit, and work more. As if their whole existence was a competition for who is the best worker bee in the hive.
    I think the saving grace is that people don't think of themselves like that. My own competition is in avoiding the trappings of no money. I compete with poverty. LOL

    And people are free to limit their efforts. People should have goals and working for them to accumulate capital is a great way to achieve them. Might as well explore the making of capital as it beats sitting around doing nothing with your life. And I got a lot out of it.


    It's just another lie that everyone who works hard, can live the American dream. It's a lie that everyone who is rich, deserves it.
    I don't think people actually believe those things enough to hold themselves back from participating. Who are the bitter people who complain about that? It's better that they not let those thoughts stop them from joining in.


    But the biggest lie is that the capitalistic system works well, it doesn't without social efforts. And as soon as you have social efforts, it cannot be described as exclusive capitalism, because that wouldn't work.
    Again, I don't think participants care about your distinction here. Let the philosophers argue that. I'm not going to surrender my capital because the capitalist system was not pure to some standard. It's working for me, Jack.


    I'm sure there will come a time soon, where you will have to change your mind, because the most dangerous people are these, who have nothing left to loose, and they are outnumbering you already, and this process will continue.
    You seem to hope for this. In fact, you're entire post is on the critical side. Why is that?
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    483
    Reputation
    878
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Lack of accountability, Sky News discusses that women are at greater risk of not meeting retirement goals

    UBI should only be a basic safety net to catch the poorest of society. How can a government screw up what should be a basic system and waste $ billions of tax payer's money that will never get to the people that need it? Australia has done it with their Indue card.

    Cashless Debit Card | Department of Social Services, Australian Government (dss.gov.au)

    This was to be a "Test" by the pervious federal government, soon to be abolished (maybe) by the newly elected under large objection from regional areas where the card was in use.

    The card holder can not buy alcohol, eat where they serve alcohol, buy anything to do with gambling, smokes, shop on eBay, buy anything internationally, lots of shops didn't take the card/wanted nothing to do with it. Paying utilities bills is very difficult, paying private rent is sometimes impossible. This all sounds good, keep the card holder on the straight and narrow, right? They put pensioners on it, someone that has paid his taxes all his life, served in Australia's arm forces, fought in wars, maybe even wounded, can't go to the local pub and buy a beer. Not only that, the government payed the company that manages the Indue card system more than $10,000.00 per holder, the first year it was implemented, costs have dropped to around $1,200 per year for each holder now. The price has likely dropped because they forced most people on any sort of government payment onto the card. Card holders can get off, but it takes years (not easy).

    The card has not stopped what it was designed to do. Drug and alcohol abuse is still wide spread. The favourate work-a-round, buy using the card, return it a few mins later, the money is given in cash.... It stuffs the honest people around with no substance abuse, and costing the tax payers heaps. Crime is up. It ends up being a bigger trap to keep people on it, hard to buy cheap.

    What sounds good hasn't worked. A very expensive experiment in tax money and for the communities it was rolled out in.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 10, 2022, 8:26 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 14, 2021, 5:47 PM
  3. The Lack of Accountability of the Federal Reserve
    By jagrmeister in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 14, 2015, 4:24 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 16, 2014, 8:37 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 13, 2014, 9:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •