Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Juvenilization in Popular Media

    House of The Dragon is premised on a revolutionary idea - "Men would sooner put the realm to the torch than see a woman ascend the Iron Throne." The show pits an incompetent, sexually dysfunctional philander against an empathetic, intelligent domina. You wonder who'd take such rubbish seriously. The idea that discrimination runs the world is a juvenile fantasy.. a playground mentality carried over into adulthood.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    824
    Reputation
    1643
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Juvenilization in Popular Media

    I'll bite...

    House of Dragon, a TV show?

    House of the Dragon - Wikipedia

    I have not had my TV turned on for years... That's just me staying away from drama I don't need...

    History says no to the torch, Margret Thatcher did her tour of duty... Look who is PM of NZ... There are way too many female voters with simps to put them in power.... No torch for a while yet on our front...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    Flyover country's flyover country
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    536
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Juvenilization in Popular Media

    The sad thing is that I read the book this is based on, and it wasn't this way. Both candidates were equally "qualified" for the job...which is why it set off a civil war. I haven't watched the show, but I have to wonder why the writers felt the need to make Aegon II an incompetent. Is it because they need to push the "downtrodden woman" or because they needed a very obvious good guy/bad guy dynamic for the audience and he lost the coin toss?

  4. #4

    Re: Juvenilization in Popular Media

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyNuts View Post
    I'll bite...

    House of Dragon, a TV show?

    House of the Dragon - Wikipedia

    I have not had my TV turned on for years... That's just me staying away from drama I don't need...

    History says no to the torch, Margret Thatcher did her tour of duty... Look who is PM of NZ... There are way too many female voters with simps to put them in power.... No torch for a while yet on our front...

    Nice. Seems like I'll also quit all of TV.

  5. #5

    Re: Juvenilization in Popular Media

    Quote Originally Posted by Jadedoldman65 View Post
    The sad thing is that I read the book this is based on, and it wasn't this way. Both candidates were equally "qualified" for the job...which is why it set off a civil war. I haven't watched the show, but I have to wonder why the writers felt the need to make Aegon II an incompetent. Is it because they need to push the "downtrodden woman" or because they needed a very obvious good guy/bad guy dynamic for the audience and he lost the coin toss?

    Modern TV's Good guy/Bad guy dynamics are a proxy war for wokeism

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,571
    Reputation
    25347
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Juvenilization in Popular Media

    Quote Originally Posted by Truthist View Post
    House of The Dragon is premised on a revolutionary idea - "Men would sooner put the realm to the torch than see a woman ascend the Iron Throne." The show pits an incompetent, sexually dysfunctional philander against an empathetic, intelligent domina.
    GoT, written by a man, was better in this regard. Cersi as queen (regent, whatever) accomplished one thing, and that was a massive wedding. Joffrey, nasty little bastard that he was, outlawed trial by combat. One of them accomplished a here today, gone tomorrow party; the other made wise policy going forward, aimed at correcting one of the central problems with Westeros (if you are good at killing, you can do whatever you like).

  7. #7
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,852
    Reputation
    18671
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Juvenilization in Popular Media

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wombat View Post
    GoT, written by a man, was better in this regard. Cersi as queen (regent, whatever) accomplished one thing, and that was a massive wedding. Joffrey, nasty little bastard that he was, outlawed trial by combat. One of them accomplished a here today, gone tomorrow party; the other made wise policy going forward, aimed at correcting one of the central problems with Westeros (if you are good at killing, you can do whatever you like).
    If you're not good at killing, 'they'll' do whatever 'they' like!
    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  8. #8
    Senior Member Resdayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    House Telvanni
    Posts
    527
    Reputation
    1160
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Juvenilization in Popular Media

    Quote Originally Posted by Truthist View Post
    Modern TV's Good guy/Bad guy dynamics are a proxy war for wokeism
    And don't forget that the bad guy is ALWAYS a white man.
    Lord Nerevar Reborn


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: December 29, 2021, 6:14 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 8, 2018, 6:33 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 29, 2015, 7:15 PM
  4. Replies: 117
    Last Post: December 21, 2014, 2:31 AM
  5. ISIS More Popular than Ever
    By Myshkin in forum News Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 4, 2014, 3:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •