Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1

    It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    (Mods, I hope you don't mind this repeat of my post on the Reddit Men's Rights board. I fully expect the criminals at Reddit to ban that sub soon, but they won't be able to delete my post here. It's long, but I think worth the read.)

    In 2016, I moved 1200 miles (ca. 1,931 km) across the country (USA) in order to escape a dangerous situation. I arrived in a town that had a common interest Facebook group, which I joined. It seemed like a good group at first, but somehow people got in an argument over men's rights. The mods of the group contended that men's rights were unnecessary because men already had all the rights and only women ever experienced issues that needed to be addressed. I remember the mod of that group called men's rights advocates "douchebags" and "losers." I asked if he had ever gotten to know any MRAs, and he simply gave me the link to some article that supposedly proved that MRAs were all misogynists. It was an opinion piece, and a poorly supported one at that.

    I decided to check out men's rights for myself. That's when I came here. I mostly read. I didn't post much back then, and this never became my main sub. But I've come here to read a lot. It's refreshing to see men's issue actually taken seriously. I've always known that there's something very wrong with marriage when a man is putting his life on the line by getting married. He's taking a huge risk, not just that he could lose a tremendous amount of property, but that he could be left financially destitute and emotionally broken. I'm sure that some self-righteous bigot behind recent bannings is clucking his tongue reading this. Of course, any criticism of how men get destroyed via marriage is automatically misogyny, right? Only in a grossly distorted straw man version of men's rights is that true. In reality, criticism of our marriage and divorce laws comes from a concern for real human beings. Men's lives get destroyed via marriage and divorce. Probably some women's lives get destroyed by it as well, but by and large, it's men who suffer the most from divorce. Being honest about this reality is not in any way hating on women. Notice that nothing in my blunt honesty about our system is an attack on women. To twist it as such would be a sick and twisted distortion of reality.

    I was a man caught in an abusive relationship, one in which my life was in danger. It was why I ended up moving that 1200 miles across the country. It was not a relationship with a woman. It was one with another man, and it was not a romantic relationship, as I'm not gay. It was a friendship relationship. I was roommates with my former best friend from high school, but something had gone very wrong with him during his military service. He had gone from a hilarious and fun person to being an angry and dangerous one, and was an expert at martial arts. He had a huge gun collection, all of which he was an expert at using. He was constantly blowing up at me and threatening me over matters as trivial as the brand of paper towels that I had bought. I knew I had to get out. However, the few domestic violence shelters that existed in my area only accepted women. I ended up being lucky to have family that helped me escape, but not every man is so lucky. Without family support, my two choices would have been: 1) Stay and risk being assaulted or killed. 2) Live on the street. I was extremely lucky that I was able to leave and stay with family until I could start a new life. Not every man is so lucky, and it's why so many men end up homeless. It's part of the reason why far more men are homeless than women.

    Yet, if you're honest about men's need of help against domestic violence, you might get laughed at. Or worse, you might bet branded a misogynist because supposedly you're trying to take support away from women. Not once in the 5 years of reading this sub have I ever seen any MRA say, "We need to take domestic violence shelters away from women so that men can have them." Not one single time. It's always been some version of, "Men sometimes need help too." I'm living proof that that's true. I got the help I needed, but only because I'm lucky to have family with resources. Men without that same luck would end up homeless or dead.

    It's the height of arrogance and intellectual dishonesty for the people at AgainstHateSubreddits to twist issues like this into some kind of hatred toward women. MRAs have said this whole 5 years I've been here, "It's great that women are getting help, but we're not getting help to everyone who needs it." Only a person full of hatred for men could warp that view into some kind of hostility against women. I appreciate the MRAs who have worked so hard to get this situation changed. There's been tremendous push-back, and tragically unjustified, vengeful, and hateful push-back. Earl Silverman was an MRA and domestic abuse survivor who worked hard to change this situation in his home country of Canada. Unfortunately, he encountered the same type of hateful bigots that we see at AgainstHateSubreddits. Silverman was never in favor of taking away women's access to domestic abuse shelters. He was only saying what I said in my previous paragraph: "Men sometimes need help too." To spew vitriol against Silverman for that stance was a crime. It was a violation of his human rights to spread the lie that he was a misogynist. They mocked and chided him. They did everything in their power to block his progress until Silverman's domestic abuse shelter for men that he had worked so hard building failed financially. Finally, he could take it no longer. He was found dead, hanging in his garage.

    MRAs are good people trying to get help to people who need it and have been overlooked, namely men. The twisting of the MRA message of hope for men into something sinister is a crime against hard-working MRAs. Men's rights is not now, and never has been, about hating on women. The AgainstHateSubreddts' fanatics and self-righteous zealots are disgusting and evil humans dedicated to disinformation. They piss all over the truth by refusing to do a modicum of genuine research. If they had done one tenth of the reading I've done here, and did so with an open-mind, they would have seen good people trying to help others who have been overlooked. Instead, they've erected a straw man version of men's rights, a grossly distorted women-hating version, that has nothing to do with what the MRA movement really is. It's the height of irony that the AHS people think they're fighting for human rights when in reality the're pissing and shitting all over them. They make a mockery of human rights. They're full of hate while under the delusion that they're good people helping others. They're not good people. They're not helping anyone. They're only fabricating disinformation in order to force others to shut up. They use that tactic out of their inability to engage in real debate. If you're intellectually inferior to your opponent, just force them to shut up. They're the vile bigots of the same type that drove Earl Silverman to his death. Shame on them.

    =============

    Edit update: A mod deleted this at the Men's Rights sub! It had gotten 915 likes and 6 awards, but it got deleted. There's a mole on that sub. They might as well not wait for the ban and just move to Ruqqus or wherever. They're in fucked up and hostile territory.
    Last edited by TigPlaze; August 5, 2021 at 2:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,566
    Reputation
    15444
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    MRAs have said this whole 5 years I've been here, "It's great that women are getting help, but we're not getting help to everyone who needs it."
    So simple and yet the feminists (and the simps they've brainwashed) refuse to understand it because of one simple thing- they are on 'war footing'. The first casualty is the Truth. Followed closely by Reason. A woman's tactics interpersonally are her tactics as a group: don't debate the facts, go straight to ad hominem and assassinate the other person's character.

    I'm active on Reddit (in non-MGTOW areas primarily) and someone needs to call BS on "Against Hate". You can't do it by defending a sub for white people or a sub for straight people or a sub for men. Actually one interesting angle is they've gone after a few subs for minorities and groups that you think would be protected. By calling out those hypocrisies, one can leverage the narrative against them by showing they have no principles and are promoting hate, not combatting it. Otherwise, they appear to have the moral upper-hand. That is until they use their power and platform against the people Reddit thinks it's supposed to be defending.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    352
    Reputation
    1950
    Type
    Loose

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Thats the best way for them to radicalize people.

  4. #4
    Junior Member jxpqvb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    25
    Reputation
    33
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    In the usa "hate speech" being bogus is only 1 vote away from being overturned (5v4). Hasn't stopped soyciety from adopting it even though it's obviously bs (as if there were 'love crimes').

  5. #5

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Going ghost is the best option. Limit economic activity and amount of money spent on consumer goods. This will hurt the economy.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,701
    Reputation
    11256
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by jdZvdno5uZkvZrFUYE View Post
    Going ghost is the best option. Limit economic activity and amount of money spent on consumer goods. This will hurt the economy.
    What economy? That's been destroyed, we see it in the daily shortages and empty shelves, making money useless.
    Freedom is what people are willing to die for and what governments are willing to kill for.--- (Andrew Wilkow; Sirius-XM, the patriot channel 125)

  7. #7

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    If they had done one tenth of the reading I've done here, and did so with an open-mind, they would have seen good people trying to help others who have been overlooked. Instead, they've erected a straw man version of men's rights, a grossly distorted women-hating version, that has nothing to do with what the MRA movement really is. It's the height of irony that the AHS people think they're fighting for human rights when in reality the're pissing and shitting all over them. They make a mockery of human rights. They're full of hate while under the delusion that they're good people helping others. They're not good people. They're not helping anyone. They're only fabricating disinformation in order to force others to shut up.
    Bravo. Well said.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    22
    Reputation
    61
    Type
    Monk

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    I don’t feel bad for the MRA sub.
    Those people are some pathological simps. And many applauded /mgtow being banned.
    They just don’t like the taste of their own medicine.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,701
    Reputation
    11256
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    I don’t feel bad for the MRA sub.
    Those people are some pathological simps. And many applauded /mgtow being banned.
    They just don’t like the taste of their own medicine.
    They applauded only because they think their logical approach to women will gain traction with us out of the way.

    Since when have women listened to logic?

    The only option a man has is a heavy handed approach with constant surveillance, monitoring, and moderating their every move with an iron fist, or abandon them to a government that does this for you, either way, a woman has to be ruled, and it makes no difference to them, otherwise we wouldn't see the pileup of women on the backs of government surrendering their sovereignty (something they never should have been granted in the first place).

    That's my assessment as an outside observer that knows the score, and refuses to paly with cheaters, liars, thieves, and fools.
    Freedom is what people are willing to die for and what governments are willing to kill for.--- (Andrew Wilkow; Sirius-XM, the patriot channel 125)

  10. #10

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    I don’t feel bad for the MRA sub.
    Those people are some pathological simps. And many applauded /mgtow being banned.
    They just don’t like the taste of their own medicine.
    There's a split over there. You're right, there are simps, but there are also men who understand and support MGTOW there. They fight about it from time to time.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Manfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    479
    Reputation
    3557
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    MRA will never work. It tries to advocate for men using logic and justice, just like other social causes in the past, like feminism did disguised as equality. Yet these other causes only USED the guise of logic and justice, while their main goal was power.

    Once they got the power they are not relinquishing it like men did because of fairness and logic.

    Fairness and logic are not on women's mind, only on their mouth.

    What is lost to MRA is that their plight is considered a joke by society, yet they cannot accept it because they still feel they belong to this society, and want to improve it. I shudder to think how hopeless one feels today under this mindset.

    In a MGTOW mindset we are free and could not care less about the gynocentric system. It is bound to crash and burn, with lots of death and misery, by its own hand. The choice for every man is if he goes down with the boat or gets out in time.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    22
    Reputation
    61
    Type
    Monk

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    There's a split over there. You're right, there are simps, but there are also men who understand and support MGTOW there. They fight about it from time to time.
    The MRAs got everything totally wrong. They are just another bunch of pussies who worship “muh equality”.

    As Mgtower wrote, women respect strength. They despise weakness.
    That’s why they worship the state. That’s why they always vote against freedom and for more authoritarianism.

    These men are psychologically weak. They deserve to be banned. They ARE the problem.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    586
    Reputation
    1711
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    I don't really care about that sub. They shit on us. MGTOW got banned from reddit. Now it's their turn.

  14. #14
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    16
    Reputation
    21
    Type
    gray man/ single man

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    they're definitely doing a clean slate on anything they don't like including the manosphere

  15. #15
    Junior Member Bubbles1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    25
    Reputation
    29
    Type
    Abstinent

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    By banning anything to do with outspoken men they are making the misandry of that platform more obvious, this is also what we are seeing with feminism because at first the movement was innocuous enough and people weren't aware - now feminism is at the edge of being really bad and people are finally starting to wake up.

    Reddit is doing what every other popular social media outlet does and that is to support the popular social narrative, ie women good and men bad. Let the faulty narrative crumble on its own as these things always do operate in cycles (we had slavery and now we don't, we had genuine sexism against women and now we don't, we have genuine sexism against men and soon we won't.)

  16. #16

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1999 View Post
    By banning anything to do with outspoken men they are making the misandry of that platform more obvious, this is also what we are seeing with feminism because at first the movement was innocuous enough and people weren't aware - now feminism is at the edge of being really bad and people are finally starting to wake up.

    Reddit is doing what every other popular social media outlet does and that is to support the popular social narrative, ie women good and men bad. Let the faulty narrative crumble on its own as these things always do operate in cycles (we had slavery and now we don't, we had genuine sexism against women and now we don't, we have genuine sexism against men and soon we won't.)
    MRA is the part of the manosphere still willing to negotiate and work with feminists. However, feminists keep showing that they're terrorists unwilling to work with anyone. The best thing you can do is to simply refuse all cooperation with feminists. The feminists' flipping off of MRAs is what will drive more men to us. It's clear that no feminist will ever treat a man like a human being or show the slightest bit of interest in what we go through or our suffering. That's why we should all refuse any cooperation with feminism or the gynocracy that they've built.
    Last edited by TigPlaze; August 26, 2021 at 1:58 PM.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    23
    Reputation
    40
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Reminds me of the poem,...and then they came.

  18. #18

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    MRA is the part of the manosphere still willing to negotiate and work with feminists.
    Hi Tig, Respectfully I have to disagree.

    That men's rights wanted to work with Feminists was true some time ago, however now it is actually the opposite - MRAs are increasingly coming to terms that Feminists are the single biggest roadblock to Men's Rights, and a significant proportion of them are identifying as Anti-Feminists.

    What happened with Warren Farrell is symptomatic of that certain section of MRAs - these guys started out as ardent Feminists and tried to work on men's issues within the framework of Feminism. It took some of them years, decades even, the cycle repeating countless times, and turning these once Feminists into hardcore Anti-Feminists. The cycle being:

    1) trying to work on men's issues within the framework of Feminism as they are told constantly that Feminism also has scope to work on men's issues;

    2) then being told to shut up, and sit in a corner and to stop mansplaining;

    3) then when they tried to bring up issues specific to men such as male suicide, male homelessness, etc, they're told that they should create their own space - so they did;

    4) they created their own space and tried to perform activism and awareness - and got hard-roadblocked by Feminists who shouted down speakers, pulled fire-alarms and blocked conference venues while branding them rape-apologists and misogynists;

    5) So they went back to step (1) and tried once again to work with Feminists on men's issues and the cycle repeats.

    The truth is many of these MRAs were hardcore blue-pilled and ardent Feminists - they didn't become Anti-Feminists overnight, or just because some Feminists said some harsh words to them one day. No, it was years/decades of trying and failing and getting repeatedly abused until they finally saw the truth - and that red-pilled those guys so hard they became very bitter towards Feminists - they became hardcore Anti-Feminists (similar to early stage red-pillers who go through the first few stages of the 5 stages of grief and loss - the Angry ones are those who come right after years of Denial).

    Again, the men's rights subreddit is now significantly Anti-Feminist. This can be seen from the infrequent posts asking MRAs to work with Feminists to solve men's issues, and usually these posters get the hard boot to the ass and shown the door.

    Sources: Look at these posts and tell me if it seems that MRAs still want to work with Feminists:

    https://old.reddit.com/r/MensRights/...feminists_are/

    https://old.reddit.com/r/MensRights/...ment_feminist/

    https://old.reddit.com/r/MensRights/...o_create_safe/

    https://old.reddit.com/r/MensRights/..._and_what_are/

    ___________________

    This is not to say that there those who still harbor a hope of working with women - MRAs know that if their voices are to be heard, they need some women to speak up for them, be it Cassie Jaye, Karen Straughn, etc, because of the Gender Empathy Gap and Gamma Bias, men talking about men's issues do not get the same ear and attention as when a woman talks about men's issues.

  19. #19

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallabe View Post
    I don't really care about that sub (Men'sRights). They shit on us. MGTOW got banned from reddit. Now it's their turn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    I don’t feel bad for the MRA sub.
    Those people are some pathological simps. And many applauded /mgtow being banned.
    They just don’t like the taste of their own medicine.


    Hi Bam, Wallabe,

    Very respectfully, there are a number of MGTOWs in the Men's Rights subreddit, and a significant number of MRAs have been hard-redpilled as I explained to TigPlaze in my earlier post - and these guys generally are sympathetic to MGTOWs.

    Yes, there are some vocal voices who mock and look down at MGTOWs, just as in any forum there will be differing voices and dissenting opinions.

    I don't agree that all MRAs universally were shitting on MGTOWs, in fact, I have been a member of the /r/mensrights/ and /r/asktheMRAs/ subreddits and in my time there, I have found them to be generally welcoming, with a majority of members supporting MGTOW.

    Some questioned if MGTOW and MRA can be compatible; to those I replied that MGTOW is a philosophy - a way of living one's life free from commitment to women - while MensRights is a movement fighting for men's rights - obviously the two are not mutually exclusive.

    In fact, Men's Rights are MGTOW's rights as we are men - I choose to support MRAs in my limited ability (I am not willing to doxx myself) because any improvement in men's rights is also an improvement in my rights as a MGTOW.
    Last edited by johnsmith79; August 25, 2021 at 1:49 PM.

  20. #20

    Re: It is an absolute outrage that AgainstHateSubreddits wants to ban Men's Rights

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    There's a split over there. You're right, there are simps, but there are also men who understand and support MGTOW there. They fight about it from time to time.
    100% in agreement. It has been my experience that the proportion of MRAs who understand and support MGTOW is larger than those who do not.


Similar Threads

  1. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    By mgtower in forum Philosophize
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 27, 2020, 10:31 AM
  2. SJW Outrage Ensures DOOM Eternal Will Be Bestseller
    By phoenixgod1995 in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: August 22, 2018, 12:25 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: April 8, 2017, 10:58 PM
  4. Mens Rights are not Human Rights
    By The Prisoner in forum Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 19, 2016, 8:32 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 16, 2014, 1:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •