Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1. #1
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Exclamation I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    I just started reading this book. There's some good bit information about masculinity. However, I have some disagreements with few of his statements, like rule 4: being nice.


    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,194
    Reputation
    14571
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownSurviving View Post
    I just started reading this book. There's some good bit information about masculinity. However, I have some disagreements with few of his statements, like rule 4: being nice.
    Hi,

    Can you give us something more to go on, please? I'm thinking why do we need this book to discuss the idea of being nice, so surely there's more going on here. He's saying being nice is embracing masculinity? Or the opposite?

    I'm sure the author have more to say about it than just two words. And, too, nothing has to be automatically wrong with being nice, and he seems to agree, so what does he say to justify it?

    Then, why do you disagree?
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  3. #3

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    I think the most masculine thing is forgetting about being masculine. Don’t think of it. Something about people that chase “what is masculinity” and “what can I do to be more masculine” that rubs me the wrong way.

    Sorta reminds me of the dudes that want tattoo sleeves (unoriginal copycats), roided looking muscles (body dysmorpia? Need to feel tougher?) and bushy beards (nothing inherently wrong but when combined) so they can appear “masculine”. It comes across as weakness to me…a slave to what society deems manly and a need to project it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Hi,

    Can you give us something more to go on, please? I'm thinking why do we need this book to discuss the idea of being nice, so surely there's more going on here. He's saying being nice is embracing masculinity? Or the opposite?

    I'm sure the author have more to say about it than just two words. And, too, nothing has to be automatically wrong with being nice, and he seems to agree, so what does he say to justify it?

    Then, why do you disagree?
    Here's author's statements/explanation for rule 4: Being nice:

    "Rule 4: Be nice.

    Be nice. All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it’s absolutely necessary. And three, be nice. Some of you might wonder what being polite have to do with being dominant. That is because dominance has been given a bad name by reality TV shows like Jersey Shore.

    Running around like a drunk idiot does not establish dominance. Being a rude idiot shows you lack self-respect and class. When you get too close to men like me, this is likely to happen. Think about Hollywood leading men that are actually worth emulating. All are well-mannered. Can you imagine James Bond or the Most Interesting Man in the World being rude to a waitress? Idiots from Jersey Shore aren’t dominant. They are slaves to their emotions. Jackals who walk slowly through crosswalks to show how “thug” and “street” they are aren’t dominant men. They’re cowards who have to travel in wolf packs and who are terrified when you get them alone. Being nice and having good manners shows that you have some self-restraint; in other words, that you have some control over yourself. "


    Cernovich, Mike. Danger & Play: Essays on Masculinity (p. 21). Kindle Edition.



    I just have few disagreements. Here's what I say: One can be well-mannered, have self-control but he doesn't have to be nice. For example, Jesus wasn't nice (in other words: weak) during his life on earth, but He was kind to others, because for some people it was needed.

    Also lot of women take advantage of nice guys. For example, I was in a gym Planet Fitness. I noticed a an overweight black woman there. I was talking to her, being nice or polite you might say. Somehow she wanted to be buddies with me for gym stuff. So I exchange numbers. After an hour of working out, got tired, I went home to my apartments, Within moment of arriving to my home, this bitch called me out of nowhere, asking that could she stay at my place, and she was homeless, negotiating with me about sharing apartments. I was so uncomfortable. I hardly know her. I just met her! I let her stay at my apartment for one night only. I was being kind to her, but when she was at my apartments, she was criticizing my apartment! How disrespectful! I didn't know how to react to that. I didn't have enough experience to put my foot down. The next morning, she took off without saying good bye. The next day later, she texted, saying, "Hi baby".

    I proceeded to block her, and never talk to her again. This is one of my horrible experience with a woman, that I will not repeat again. I didn't know how to put my foot down when it comes to women, and it was due to not having a father in my life. I gotta work on that now.

    I also disagree that the author's opinion that "jackals" (as he calls them) aren't dominant, because they're "cowards", simply because they put on a 'show of thuggery" and "street". If a man is pretending to a thug, because he saw movies and shows of men being thugs, but if he doesn't back up his acting claim, then he's only truly a cowards. Because he only put on a show of being a thug, and never back up his word or claim, because he is scared shitless. There's a difference. There's a mentality. If you think a certain way, then you are this way. There are men that are dominant, because they grew up in that environment, and not putting on a "show". There's a difference.

    So I have my opinion on that.

    He has other rules, that I agree with. One of them, I agree with Rule 5, though.

    "Rule 5: Be dangerous and playful. Learn martial art.

    Size is status. We are great apes. Never forget that. Become a vanilla gorilla. People will move out of your way. People will be polite to you. People will assume you’re a man of violence and treat you accordingly. When you have size and strength and also know how to box or use Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, then you really are a force of nature. Some of the toughest men I know are also very friendly and somewhat playful, even. They have no insecurity or fear because they know that when things pop off, they are prepared. When you’re a gorilla yet also polite and respectful, you’ll be shocked at how quickly people warm to you. You are like the pit bull at the dog park that everyone is apprehensive of; when you’re a little playful, people love you twice as much as they would otherwise.


    Cernovich, Mike. Danger & Play: Essays on Masculinity (pp. 21-22). Kindle Edition.

    There's other rules I will continue to read later. Throughout this half of the year, and next year, I will work on improving myself. Being more masculine and other traits that I want to develop.

    I have other books, by Jack Donovan, like, "The Way of Men", "Becoming a Barbarian", and the third volume, "A More Complete Beast", which I will re-read to be in a frame of mind this year and the years to come. I will post progress sometime soon.

  5. #5

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Make your own rules, you are going your own way, aren't you?

  6. #6
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Wizard View Post
    Make your own rules, you are going your own way, aren't you?
    Nothing wrong with having rules from something or from someone else. Eventually I will set up my own rules from my own experience. Certain things are not to be tolerated.

  7. #7

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    This book sounds like some PUA shit. I may be missing something but to me "vanilla gorilla" sounds as good as "feromone soap".
    Masculinity is not about "bringing out your inner ape". Neither is it about "cleaning your own room".
    I smell bluepill cake wih redpill sprinkles.

    Unknown, no book will ever teach you how to become more masculine.
    No set of rules, regardless the complexity, will grant you an answer.
    Because masculinity can be only found within.

    Masculinity means standing up to bullshit. That's it.

    Obese fat woman? No, thank you m'am - not interested.
    Manager repeatedly tries to threaten you into doing two jobs? You quit.
    You get called to HR as you turned down a woman because of her age?
    - "So you say I can't have preferences?" - "No" - Well, would you date me? - "No" - That's a preference"

    Unknown, martial arts have nothing to do with masculinity. They certainly will help you with self-control. Workout will increase your T levels, you will be more confident and content. Getting ripped will certainly make you look more masculine.
    Looking masculine doesn't mean being though.
    Last edited by bazalgette; August 4, 2022 at 8:08 AM. Reason: grammar
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  8. #8
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoking Wizard View Post
    Make your own rules, you are going your own way, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bazalgette View Post
    This book sounds like some PUA shit. I may be missing something but to me "vanilla gorilla" sounds as good as "feromone soap".
    Masculinity is not about "bringing your inner ape". Neither is it about "cleaning your own room".
    I smell bluepill cake wih redpill sprinkles.

    Unknown, no book will ever teach you how to become more masculine.
    No set of rules, regardless the complexity, will grant you an answer.
    Because masculinity can be only found within.

    Masculinity means standing up to bullshit. That's it.

    Obese fat woman? No, thank you m'am - not interested.
    Manager repeatedly tries to threaten you into doing two jobs? You quit.
    You get called to HR as you turned down a woman because of her age?
    - "Do you say I can't have preferences?" - "No" - Well, would you date me? - "No" - That's a preference"

    Unknown, martial arts have nothing to do with masculinity. They certainly will help you with self-control, workout will increase your T levels, you will be more confident and content. Getting ripped will certainly make you look more masculine. Looking masculine doesn't mean being though.
    Just so you know, I’m not blue pill. I just want to be more masculine. Losing weight is one of my goals, and being fit and ripped will make me masculine. That’s one of my goals.

    If you still think I am blue pill, I am not. I don’t support blue pill culture. In fact, I will rid of any weakness that seem blue pill.

    Having masculine traditions is masculine for me. I don’t think we have masculine culture, or enough masculine traditions, do we have some? If we do, then cool. I could discover it. Or I could make own masculine traditions!

    Right now, I’m on a path of working on myself. And I have goals that I want to complete.

  9. #9
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by bazalgette View Post
    Because masculinity can be only found within.

    Masculinity means standing up to bullshit. That's it.

    Obese fat woman? No, thank you m'am - not interested.
    Manager repeatedly tries to threaten you into doing two jobs? You quit.
    You get called to HR as you turned down a woman because of her age?
    - "So you say I can't have preferences?" - "No" - Well, would you date me? - "No" - That's a preference"

    Unknown, martial arts have nothing to do with masculinity. They certainly will help you with self-control. Workout will increase your T levels, you will be more confident and content. Getting ripped will certainly make you look more masculine.
    Looking masculine doesn't mean being though.
    While I agree with some of this, especially "masculinity can be only found within" and "Masculinity means standing up to bullshit", martial art is masculine, because men partake in it.What about MMA? The UFC? Even women partake in the UFC, because it's masculine. It's combat. It's sport. That sport itself, the MMA/UFC is masculine. So I only disagree with you on that.

    Beside, martial art is something I want to do. I'm adding it to my list of goals.

  10. #10

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Were you to be perceived as bluepiller, you would not be a member of this forum.
    People tend to sniff out bluepillers pretty quickly here.
    Unknown, you're missing my point.

    I strongly encourage you to improve your physical form. As I've pointed out it is definitly beneficial.
    It will make you LOOK more masculine, but won't MAKE you more masculine.

    The same goes for X rules for being an alpha, or 12 rules for life.
    Acting doesn't mean being.

    Don't believe me? Will Smith, Jack Murphy, Kevin Samuels (he backtracked on all his beliefs during Niki Minaj interview) - here is your proof.

    Game, frame - it's all just an act. You put on a mask of someone that you are not.
    You can be an utter cuckold, shove 9 inch dildos up your anus and still act masculine (Jack Murphy).
    Then some day in the future the bubble bursts. Someone triggers you, and the mask falls off.
    All of this because you've treated the symptoms instead of fighting the illness.

    As I've said if you want to be masculine, stand up to the bullshit.
    It's as simple as that. Anything else (like physical form, looks, money) is just a bonus.
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  11. #11
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by bazalgette View Post
    Were you to be perceived as bluepiller, you would not be a member of this forum.
    People tend to sniff out bluepillers pretty quickly here.
    Unknown, you're missing my point.

    I strongly encourage you to improve your physical form. As I've pointed out it is definitly beneficial.
    It will make you LOOK more masculine, but won't MAKE you more masculine.

    The same goes for X rules for being an alpha, or 12 rules for life.
    Acting doesn't mean being.

    Don't believe me? Will Smith, Jack Murphy, Kevin Samuels (he backtracked on all his beliefs during Niki Minaj interview) - here is your proof.

    Game, frame - it's all just an act. You put on a mask of someone that you are not.
    You can be an utter cuckold, shove 9 inch dildos up your anus and still act masculine (Jack Murphy).
    You treat the symptoms instead of fighting the illness.

    As I've said if you want to be masculine, stand up to the bullshit.
    It's as simple as that. Anything else (like physical form, looks, money) is just an addition
    I think you misunderstand me. I'm NOT ABOUT ACTING MASCULINE. I am about being more masculine. There's a difference. There's a false pretense of masculinity and there's just being masculine. Even a lowly woman can spot the difference between men who act masculine, no real authenticity and a man who is real as fuck. Women can spot the difference, and they know who has more authentic masculinity, and they will actually choose him, because he has complete genuine masculinity. Not the idiot that acted masculine. Women will sniff out that shit, real fast. Even guys will sniff out that shit, also.

    I'm not about acting masculine. Or a "mask" of masculine as you say. I'm more about being masculine. If you still don't get my point: It's being genuinely masculine.

    I believe I already said that, didn't I? If not, I wasn't being clear.

  12. #12

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    I know exactly what you are saying. That's why I point out that you won't find an answer in those books.
    Nor will martial arts solve your problem.

    I'm not so sure regarding women recognizing fake masculinity. They can't even find a good partner,
    and you want to tell me that they can instantly tell the difference between the well put act and genuine bahaviour?
    Were they able to tell the difference instantly, PUA's would not exist and their tricks would not work. (I don't talk about pheromone soap and other bs but rather game & frame.)

    Unknown, you could be as rich as Elon Musk and ripped as Schwartzeneger and you still would give this obese woman your number.
    Because (again), you can't gain masculinity that way, and looking/acting is way more different than genuinly being masculine.

    I've given you the solution. Stand up to bullshit. Exercise if you will.
    Dont return to monke, don't buy feromone soap.
    Don't listen to Cernovich, listen to Hammerhand, Sandman, TFM, R.P.M and Undead Chronic.
    Watch the trials series. Watch cause and effect. Information is already out there and
    you don't need to bring out your inner monke in order to comprehend masculinity.
    Last edited by bazalgette; August 4, 2022 at 9:34 AM.
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  13. #13
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by bazalgette View Post
    I know exactly what you are saying. That's why I point out that you won't find an answer in those books.
    Nor will martial arts solve your problem.

    You could be as rich as Elon Musk and ripped as Schwartzeneger and you still would give this obese woman your number.
    Because (again), you can't gain masculinity that way, and looking/acting is way different than being.
    I don't think you understand. Men and boys are looking for answers in masculinity. Some have fathers and most don't (and I am one of them). They have single mothers all their lives. Through books written by masculine men, men and boys find answers in specific masculine books, and then through physical and mental experience they learn self-masculinity. There are not lot of male mentors, so books are a source of masculinity. Having male mentors would help men and boys as they intend to look up to them. But they are so few male mentors. Few father figure. Few masculine figures. Being self taught at masculinity experience are truly helpful, because masculinity does come from within spiritually and physically, but masculine resources and sources will further be helpful even more. This is where I disagree with you. Information on masculinity and one's own experience is vital.

    Why do you think there's no father in the family and there's constant birthing of thousands of single mothers culturally for massive fucking decades? So yes, there's answers in masculine books and actual physical/mental experience combined which involves certain amount of genuine actions, (once again not acting masculine, but being more genuinely masculine. There's a difference.)

    By.the way, Mike Cernovich is politically incorrect when everything masculine. However I still disagree with few of his statements and opinions on masculinity.
    Last edited by UnKnownSurviving; August 4, 2022 at 9:39 AM.

  14. #14

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Unknown - PUA's are not good role models.
    Those books, more often than not, are not written by masculine men but rather simps in disguise.

    You want a role model? You can't find one?
    Again:
    ... listen to Hammerhand, Sandman, TFM, R.P.M and Undead Chronic.
    Watch the trials series. Watch cause and effect. Information is already out there ...
    Those series talk about single mother houses in particular - that's why I reccomended them.
    Ask anyone here about any of those names - you will hear unanimously that those ppl are legit.

    Genuine information about masculinity is vital; bluepill cake with redpill sprinkles is not such an information.
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  15. #15
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    I just said genuine masculinity is vital for men and boys. Not bluepill informations on masculinity. Once again, I don't fuck with bluepill culture. This is where you're not listening to me, or getting me. I didn't say PUAs are good role models. In fact, PUAs are NOT genuine role models, and I don't read PUAs on "games" or getting or chasing women. I just read vital, genuine information on masculinity. What's so hard to understand? Also, Mike Cernovich is NOT a PUA player or a PUA coach. If he was, I wouldn't read it.

    However, if you do have sources of information like Hammerhand, and others on masculinity and interesting topic on self improvement for men, and mgtow (being mgtow, which I'm already am), I will look into it.
    Last edited by UnKnownSurviving; August 4, 2022 at 10:01 AM.

  16. #16

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    I don't say he is. I say that I smell BS. That it seeps pickup roach's scent.
    I do not care how he labels himself. He could be assault helicopter for what I care.
    Also you don't have to talk about women to send a bluepill message (ie. Jordan Peterson).

    One has to be weary who he chooses as a role model.
    Do read a book, seek inconsistencies. That's how you vet ideas.
    Maybe I am soundly mistaken about his message.
    Maybe he is spot on.

    You've already pointed out inconsistencies though so I don't have high hopes.

    Unknown, all of the people in this thread smelled BS a mile a way. All of them sent you same message: "Why? You don't need this book". They were just way less direct about it than me.

    Yes - single mother household is a handicap - a trial that one must overcome.
    If it seems to you that I don't understand your suffering/ situation you have to deal with,
    it is because I truly don't understand it and I won't bother with acting.
    No matter how many times I will say: "I'm sorry you hadn't have a father".
    No matter, how many times I will display compassion, it won't return you a father.
    Nothing will. No book, no role-model, no time machine.

    Look for something that is more genuine - you've already pointed out author's inconsistencies.

    - "Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus" - that's how you vet ideas.
    Last edited by bazalgette; August 4, 2022 at 10:41 AM.
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  17. #17
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by bazalgette View Post
    I don't say he is. I say that I smell BS. That it seeps pickup roach's scent.
    I do not care how he labels himself. He could be assault helicopter for what I care.

    Gorrillas? Seriously?

    Unknown, although I was bluepilled, I always had a father in the house -
    a traditional family in a country that PUA's and MGTOW's often mention as a dream destination.

    I've been unscathed by the corruption so listen to me closely.
    By no means should I be a role model but mind you that people from healthy families have much tighter senses.
    Those senses can be learned and enhanced - that's what redpill is all about. You know that very well.

    All of the people in this thread smelled BS a mile a way. All of them sent you same message: "Why? You don't need this book".
    Unknown, Haskell and SmokingWizard were just way less direct about it than me.

    Yes - single mother household is a handicap - a trial that one must overcome.
    If it seems to you that I don't understand your suffering/ situation you have to deal with,
    it is because I truly don't understand it and I won't bother with acting.
    No matter how many times I will say: "I'm sorry you hadn't have a father".
    No matter, how many times I will display compassion, it won't return you a father.
    Nothing will. No book, no role-model, no time machine.

    But If you want to improve yourself, to fight with your demons.... Don't take male chameleon's advice.

    All I said was I'm a product of single mother. It does NOT mean I'm a victim. Never said I was. Just happen to mention, having a single mother. i'm not complaining that I don't have a father. I accept that it is what it is. All I said was books on masculinity is helpful. I'm already improving on myself, with lot of red pill videos and personal experience.

    It may seem I have "less healthy social senses" due to my personal circumstance. I understand that they assume I don't need this book, because they "smell bullshit" on this particular book.

    You're not getting my points. Have you personally read the book? If you haven't, why are you telling me it's bullshit? You're basically telling me I'm not good at or have keen senses at spotting bluepill or puas or male chamaleons.

    One of particular favorite red pill videos I watched is Coach Greg Adams. He's very good. He has an hour or two on his youtube channel shows. He's definitely not a puas.

  18. #18
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,873
    Reputation
    16238
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownSurviving View Post
    All I said was I'm a product of single mother. It does NOT mean I'm a victim. Never said I was. Just happen to mention, having a single mother. i'm not complaining that I don't have a father. I accept that it is what it is. All I said was books on masculinity is helpful. I'm already improving on myself, with lot of red pill videos and personal experience.

    It may seem I have "less healthy social senses" due to my personal circumstance. I understand that they assume I don't need this book, because they "smell bullshit" on this particular book.

    You're not getting my points. Have you personally read the book? If you haven't, why are you telling me it's bullshit? You're basically telling me I'm not good at or have keen senses at spotting bluepill or puas or male chamaleons.

    One of particular favorite red pill videos I watched is Coach Greg Adams. He's very good. He has an hour or two on his youtube channel shows. He's definitely not a puas.
    Gee, I wonder why there's no single father syndrome? Not a word, not a whisper, I think I'm the only one throughout history to bring up this point!
    Corruption, like low tide, lowers all boats and smashes their hulls on the rocks.

  19. #19

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    [Edited previous post to oblivion, wanted to make it less harsh.]

    "No 1. rule of the manosphere: If he has coach in the name, he is certified bitch." ~ Undead Chronic
    Be weary of coaches. They have bad rep for a reason.
    From what I remember, Hammerhand considers him legit, but it doesn't change the fact that he
    partook in CME conference with some shady ppl.

    I do not need to buy one's book, course or seminar in order to realize that something isn't right.
    Tell me, do you need to get married to a woman in order to realize that she was not genuine?
    No - you look for so called red flags.

    In the case of the book i see three-star-long and gorilla-high red flag.
    I hear "Danger & Play" and see Conference for Masculine Excellence.
    I read bulldog & gorilla paralels and get Dream Johnson vibes :-D.
    I've read what you've quoted. The language and message of this book give me PUA vibes.

    Again, not-a-pua doesn't mean shit.
    Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus - If you find inconsistencies, whole testimony goes to shitter.
    I've found inconsistencies, you've found inconsistencies. It doesn't take a genius to conclude that
    this book is prolly BS.

    Also - I mean no foul. As i've already said I could have worded my previous comment better.
    I've meant that because of your background there may be something off about this book, that you don't notice
    but we do.
    Last edited by bazalgette; August 4, 2022 at 11:12 AM.
    " A man without purpose finds it in women " - UCXIV

  20. #20
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    529
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: I just started reading this masculinity book by Mike Cernovich.

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Gee, I wonder why there's no single father syndrome? Not a word, not a whisper, I think I'm the only one throughout history to bring up this point!
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding? I just point out flaws in the book I don't agree with. Which means I'm keen enough to spot incorrect method of doing. Like he said, in the sentence in the book, "if you want to be aggressive in approaching women, that's masculine", execpt I don't believe that's masculine. "approaching women" is not masculine trait. And approaching women doesn't WORK! But I don't think he is PUAs. I'll have to dive in further information to confirm that he is. Some things he said appear genuine. But it does not mean he's a pick up.

    Normally pick up artists mainly talk about picking up women and game consistently throughout. And I avoid them, because they obviously don't work. But Mike is writing on essay of masculinity, and He has several topics.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 4, 2022, 6:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 6, 2021, 2:15 AM
  3. Hi, I'm Mike.
    By Mike in forum New Member Intros
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 29, 2017, 5:54 AM
  4. Folowing Mike.
    By frog in forum For Bachelors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 11, 2017, 12:53 PM
  5. Men Shouldn't Marry - Mike Buchanan, J4MB
    By BeijaFlor in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 8, 2014, 5:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •