Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    How much do you sleep?

    With no woman in my life and sorta “retiring” really early in my 20s — I sleep as much as I want whenever I want. Maybe it has helped me keep my body in good shape for my age (late 30s now).

    The only problem for me is that I have absolutely no schedule so this usually means going to sleep around 5-6am and waking up around 2-3pm. Going to sleep has been a problem since I was about 8 years old but once I’m out I will sleep 9-10 hours. When I was younger I used to sleep 11-12 hours…even times where I would sleep 13 hours. Going to school was hell though because I couldn’t fall asleep and I’d often go days without sleep.

  2. #2
    Senior Member ResidentEvil7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,005
    Reputation
    1489
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardhaskell View Post
    With no woman in my life and sorta “retiring” really early in my 20s — I sleep as much as I want whenever I want. Maybe it has helped me keep my body in good shape for my age (late 30s now).

    The only problem for me is that I have absolutely no schedule so this usually means going to sleep around 5-6am and waking up around 2-3pm. Going to sleep has been a problem since I was about 8 years old but once I’m out I will sleep 9-10 hours. When I was younger I used to sleep 11-12 hours…even times where I would sleep 13 hours. Going to school was hell though because I couldn’t fall asleep and I’d often go days without sleep.
    Can I ask, what did you do for a living to where you can retire in your 20's? I want to make that kind of money to where I can make my money and live it up in my future man cave.

    You and I have about identical lifestyles when it comes to sleep and schedules. When I was in my 20s and early 30s I would stay up until 4 AM and wake up at 2 PM. I would go to bed just as my dad went to work. Back then I was more interested in web building and I would spend all day on it every day, because since I'm compulsive I feel I need to get every single detail and I wanted to properly organize my web pages. Now I'm 40 and I sleep from 11 PM - 11 AM and take naps through out the day.
    It's a man's world and we need to take it by the throat and make it give us what we desire.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,738
    Reputation
    11491
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    I get six hours a night, that's about all my old bones can comfortably stand. With some nodding out during the day.

    My problem is I don't stay asleep, even at night. Throw a wiz, drink some water, maybe read a few pages to get sleepy again. I've heard interrupted sleep is not good, but that's just how it goes for me.

    When younger and working hard, sleep came easy. But that's not an option anymore. I couldn't bust ass all day even if I wanted.

    A Brit doing a charity gig in America rode all day, got a room and flopped down on the bed. Woke up the next morning still wearing his helmet, the door wide open and the keys still in the bike. Now that's tired.
    Last edited by frog; November 22, 2022 at 4:35 AM.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    496
    Reputation
    1186
    Type
    mgtow

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    I go to sleep between 10-12. Wake up at dawn. Or not. Sometimes I nap during the day. It’s pretty much random.

    I rarely get much sleep to be honest. I’m a light sleeper.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    3rd coast
    Posts
    280
    Reputation
    528
    Type
    Some where between chaos & disorder

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    I sleep 6-8 hours a night usually in bed by 11pm. Some days I take a power nap in the afternoon.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    27
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Depends really

    No work? I'll catch up on sleep. I can and have slept for 24 hours before. Once I'm fully rested; I normally only need 8 or so then my body wakes up. If I worked hard physically I like to get 10 hrs. Exercise is a must in my life. So it ranges between 6-10 on average. 14+ if I'm really tired. Make time for sleep or you'll die early.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    29
    Type
    Grey man

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    8-12 depending on the day, I get to sleep into work every day, somedays i get lucky and get paid 8am-noon whilst at home still,

  8. #8

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    I sleep around 7-10 hours. Usually depends on the intensity of day. I sleep like 9-10 pm and wake up like 6-7 am . I usually sleep 8-9 hours ,I only exceed that if I get overtraining or so . But as I sleep in necessary timeline I wake up pretty energized.
    Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Chris007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    542
    Reputation
    1654
    Type
    Worry free

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    I get a solid 8 hrs of sleep every night. Usually wake up 5 min before the alarm goes off.

  10. #10

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Usually 7-8 hours.

  11. #11

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by ResidentEvil7 View Post
    Can I ask, what did you do for a living to where you can retire in your 20's? I want to make that kind of money to where I can make my money and live it up in my future man cave.

    You and I have about identical lifestyles when it comes to sleep and schedules. When I was in my 20s and early 30s I would stay up until 4 AM and wake up at 2 PM. I would go to bed just as my dad went to work. Back then I was more interested in web building and I would spend all day on it every day, because since I'm compulsive I feel I need to get every single detail and I wanted to properly organize my web pages. Now I'm 40 and I sleep from 11 PM - 11 AM and take naps through out the day.
    Well, I wasn’t really passionate about anything other than playing basketball as a kid/teen…and I knew the way I slept would make living in the real world almost impossible.

    So at the age of 17 or so, I devised my plan which was to save up enough money to not have to work. My original goal was around $1,200/month in passive income which in the south was enough at the time to live ok. Anyway, I was really into the websites called “slickdeals/fatwallet” where I would monitor day and night looking for deals on electronics…and when I would find a deal, I would buy in bulk and flip on ebay. Since I had no friends and never a GF/wife and basically no life up until age 25…every penny I made was saved. Then in 2009-10 the real estate market crashed and 3br homes were selling for $40-50k. Knowing that flipping stuff on ebay wouldn’t last forever I bought my first 2 rental properties with cash money. I kept flipping and saving that rent money until I was able to pay cash for a house to live in myself. At this point my living expenses were basically utilities and gas in my car (which was also paid off). So then I kept flipping electronics and renting my homes until I was able to buy a 3rd rental home for cash. By this point I was about 25-26 and had enough rent money coming in to stop flipping electronics and focus on getting additional homes to make me more comfortable. During this whole time I was also investing a little in the stock market when it was at all time lows…I used that money to help buy additional homes as the real estate market recovered.

    Wish I could tell you a secret to getting wealth but my life was a mixture of timing, being loner and having parents that raised me to be a penny pincher.

    Other than working for 30 hrs/week for 11 months at a group home…I can just about say I’ve never really worked a job. I can also say that never working a job/having no schedule isn’t that “easy”…in fact it almost drove me crazy. I’m not sure if our minds really adapt well to being retired in our 20s and 30s.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    287
    Reputation
    238
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Depends really

    No work? I'll catch up on sleep. I can and have slept for 24 hours before. Once I'm fully rested; I normally only need 8 or so then my body wakes up. If I worked hard physically I like to get 10 hrs. Exercise is a must in my life. So it ranges between 6-10 on average. 14+ if I'm really tired.
    24 hours? Wow. I don't understand how anyone could sleep 14+. It's amazing the differences in sleep that different people get.

    Even if I were to skep a night of sleep, I think the most I would sleep the next night is 7 or 8.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    Make time for sleep or you'll die early.
    That hasn't been the case for Donald Trump.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    287
    Reputation
    238
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Most of you get 7+ hours? That's amazing.

    Are you really active all day or are you sedentary at all during the day?

    I very rarely ever get 7 and that's only if I sleep let's say an hour or two the night before.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    287
    Reputation
    238
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    5 1/2 to 6 hours is a "good" night for me anymore, which I've only achieved only a few times the past couple months. It may not be ideal but it seems to be enough most of the time.

    I've been dragging ass lately, only getting 4 1/2 to 5 hours. I think some of that is due to inactivity as I had surgery last month and that has limited my activity.

    I'm pretty sedentary normally, having a desk job where I pretty much stare at the screen 8-9 hours per day.

    Lately I'll wake up at 4 or 5am and not be able to get back to sleep. It sucks.

    I don't want to restore to medication but am trying to figure natural ways how to get out of that cycle. Already do the normal stuff (avoid caffeine/alcohol, use a white noise device, dark room, keep the room cool, etc). I do notice I wake up hot sometimes though, even though the room is cool. Could be a blood sugar thing too. I don't have diabetes but have read stuff about eating certain things at certain times could affect blood sugar which could affect sleep.

  15. #15

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardhaskell View Post
    Well, I wasn’t really passionate about anything other than playing basketball as a kid/teen…and I knew the way I slept would make living in the real world almost impossible.

    So at the age of 17 or so, I devised my plan which was to save up enough money to not have to work. My original goal was around $1,200/month in passive income which in the south was enough at the time to live ok. Anyway, I was really into the websites called “slickdeals/fatwallet” where I would monitor day and night looking for deals on electronics…and when I would find a deal, I would buy in bulk and flip on ebay. Since I had no friends and never a GF/wife and basically no life up until age 25…every penny I made was saved. Then in 2009-10 the real estate market crashed and 3br homes were selling for $40-50k. Knowing that flipping stuff on ebay wouldn’t last forever I bought my first 2 rental properties with cash money. I kept flipping and saving that rent money until I was able to pay cash for a house to live in myself. At this point my living expenses were basically utilities and gas in my car (which was also paid off). So then I kept flipping electronics and renting my homes until I was able to buy a 3rd rental home for cash. By this point I was about 25-26 and had enough rent money coming in to stop flipping electronics and focus on getting additional homes to make me more comfortable. During this whole time I was also investing a little in the stock market when it was at all time lows…I used that money to help buy additional homes as the real estate market recovered.

    Wish I could tell you a secret to getting wealth but my life was a mixture of timing, being loner and having parents that raised me to be a penny pincher.

    Other than working for 30 hrs/week for 11 months at a group home…I can just about say I’ve never really worked a job. I can also say that never working a job/having no schedule isn’t that “easy”…in fact it almost drove me crazy. I’m not sure if our minds really adapt well to being retired in our 20s and 30s.
    THIS^^. All the young ones (active members or lurkers): take a good note of this. This is what I call living the life. Edward, I also had this dream, my only BIG dream! Not having to work for a living and I achieved it at the age of 32. Now all I do is enjoy my time on this planet. How do I enjoy? Love my solitude, love my solitary walks everyday, love sipping whiskey in the evenings, love spending quality times with my real buddies thinking and talking about the life and the clownshow that engulfs us on a daily basis, and oh, did I forget to mention, traveling the world SOLO! More power to you matey, you achieved it before I did.

    PS: Respecting the thread, I sleep solid for at least 8 hours on any given day.

  16. #16
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    453
    Reputation
    1909
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    I average 7-8 hours a night, got a sleep tracker one of the best health things I ever invested in. I log my sleep and resting pulse (for fitness purposes) on a spreadsheet every day and have graphs so I can see short and long term changes.

    It's amazing how certain things such as a couple of beers or eating too heavy a meal before bed can disrupt your sleep cycles.
    TWITTER FEED - THE MIDLAND MAN ..... MY BLOG - THE MENS DICTIONARY

    CORONAVIRUS, CONSPIRACY ? , BILL GATES, DEPOPULATION, VACCINES...................HELP ME LEARN MORE AT QUESTIONS FOR COVIDIOTS ON REDDIT

  17. #17

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by WanderLuster View Post
    THIS^^. All the young ones (active members or lurkers): take a good note of this. This is what I call living the life. Edward, I also had this dream, my only BIG dream! Not having to work for a living and I achieved it at the age of 32. Now all I do is enjoy my time on this planet. How do I enjoy? Love my solitude, love my solitary walks everyday, love sipping whiskey in the evenings, love spending quality times with my real buddies thinking and talking about the life and the clownshow that engulfs us on a daily basis, and oh, did I forget to mention, traveling the world SOLO! More power to you matey, you achieved it before I did.

    PS: Respecting the thread, I sleep solid for at least 8 hours on any given day.
    Thanks for the kind words. That’s awesome man that we had the same wild dream and actually achieved it. I never liked the idea of a boss, alarm clocks, grinding traffic, climbing the ladder or small talk with co-workers. I graduated from college and thought I wanted to pursue being dentist for the prestige, but when it came down to it…all I really wanted was to own ALL my time. I wanted to get on various forums and read/participate in discussions on whatever topic interested me for as long as I wanted. Sometimes for 2-3 days straight with no sleep. I wanted to be able to be spontaneous and just do whatever whenever.

    Knowing I had to be very cautious with my decision making to maintain this lifestyle — it also kept me away from getting married. Even though I played along with the idea of it with a few women, I knew I could never do it and risk losing tons of money that allowed me to be comfortably “retired” forever. Having so much time, I would also get bored of one woman pretty quickly.

  18. #18

    Re: How much do you sleep?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardhaskell View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. That’s awesome man that we had the same wild dream and actually achieved it. I never liked the idea of a boss, alarm clocks, grinding traffic, climbing the ladder or small talk with co-workers. I graduated from college and thought I wanted to pursue being dentist for the prestige, but when it came down to it…all I really wanted was to own ALL my time. I wanted to get on various forums and read/participate in discussions on whatever topic interested me for as long as I wanted. Sometimes for 2-3 days straight with no sleep. I wanted to be able to be spontaneous and just do whatever whenever.

    Knowing I had to be very cautious with my decision making to maintain this lifestyle — it also kept me away from getting married. Even though I played along with the idea of it with a few women, I knew I could never do it and risk losing tons of money that allowed me to be comfortably “retired” forever. Having so much time, I would also get bored of one woman pretty quickly.
    My friend,
    The profession called prostitution was invented for people like you and me (pun intended). Whores running around on this planet are god’s gift to us. I don’t disappoint them and keep sampling them from ALL over the world, including the United States of Retards. I fucking love shagging them. Used to keep an excel spredasheet of their name, age, nationality and date of my shag till my fucking hard drive crashed on me in 2015. Cheers!!


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 23, 2019, 2:59 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: January 29, 2019, 9:49 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 31, 2016, 9:59 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 25, 2015, 4:06 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 15, 2015, 3:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •