Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1

    Girl at work almost got to me

    This cute girl at work would always give me that look that makes me all giddy until I would snap out of it. Then one day she was in the break room and I said "GET BACK TO WORK!" in a teasy, flirty way, and she gave me that look again with a sweet grin.

    So, of course, I start thinking about her and wondering about her for the next few days, and eventually find her Instagram and she has pics of her and a different boyfriend posted every few months.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    530
    Reputation
    3872
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    So, she is already keeping a hit parade for #metoo? I doubt you want to be in that lineup.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16249

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangent View Post
    This cute girl at work would always give me that look that makes me all giddy until I would snap out of it. Then one day she was in the break room and I said "GET BACK TO WORK!" in a teasy, flirty way, and she gave me that look again with a sweet grin.

    So, of course, I start thinking about her and wondering about her for the next few days, and eventually find her Instagram and she has pics of her and a different boyfriend posted every few months.
    You sound surprised but every attractive girl spins 10 plates at least ...

    Before FB and insta its was impossible to know and even now its not that easy .

    I found out about it like 10 years ago but only because she told me .

    She wanted to come clean , she was chasing me , she wanted to show me that i was special LOL because i was a bad boy in her eyes . She would be different with me

    But without that its impossible to know ...


    So basically if she is posting pictures she is looking and if she is posting pictures with her boyfriend - she is looking for an upgrade
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,381
    Reputation
    6762
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Man, these days, and in these warped times, "every few months" is the epitome of moral behavior.

    But yeah, Tangent, congrats on dodging that bullet. Watch out, though, and don't let your guard down. There'll be more. "Devil With the Blue Dress" was written for a reason.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Manfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    3603
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    The games...
    Looking, smiling, flirting...

    Its all fun and games, until it isn't.
    Its work. If she doesn't wake up tomorrow and decide that you are harassing her, then you might get lucky.

    Then you will have an opportunity to prove yourself worthy of access to her genitals. You know, dating, wasting time doing stuff you usually wouldn't do, spending money of gifts, meals...
    Eventually you pump. Eventually she shifts, and is no longer cute. Gets demanding, stressful, nagging.

    Then you dump her ass. But a woman scorned... with you at work all day, every day, wanting revenge, conspiring...

    Then you will get an harassment claim at work.

    They say: dont shit where you eat.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16249

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
    The games...
    Looking, smiling, flirting...

    Its all fun and games, until it isn't.
    Its work. If she doesn't wake up tomorrow and decide that you are harassing her, then you might get lucky.

    Then you will have an opportunity to prove yourself worthy of access to her genitals. You know, dating, wasting time doing stuff you usually wouldn't do, spending money of gifts, meals...
    Eventually you pump. Eventually she shifts, and is no longer cute. Gets demanding, stressful, nagging.

    Then you dump her ass. But a woman scorned... with you at work all day, every day, wanting revenge, conspiring...

    Then you will get an harassment claim at work.

    They say: dont shit where you eat.
    You are not a fun person to be around , arent you ?
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  7. #7
    Senior Member Manfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    3603
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    You are not a fun person to be around , arent you ?
    Funny that you say that. The other day my son said something similar when I warned him not to mess with a crazy girl. He added "crazy is cute"...

    Like my son, I just wanted to remind a man the kind of problems he might get messing with women at work.

    Women are like an unstable bomb in your life, we dont see it when the little head is doing the thinking. But women at work... when that bomb goes off, so does the job.

    Men like to take risks. It makes us feel alive. Yet let me suggest a motorcycle, or flying a airplane, like I do. That way YOU ARE IN CONTROL. That is sensible risk-taking and its actually rewarding because you survive by your skills.

    Putting your life in the hands of women? That is russian roulette with 6 bullets, betting that one of them will misfire.

    That is not fun. Not fun at all.

  8. #8
    Member FrostByte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    160
    Reputation
    1491
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    I'm with Manfred on this one. Risk with a woman is enough risk without compounding it by bringing that risk to your place of employment.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Opaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth/Northern Hemisphere/Land of Low wages & High taxes
    Posts
    1,564
    Reputation
    11073
    Type
    UNAPPEASABLE.

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Yes I had to learn this the hard way, when I was lunch dating a cunt in the office.
    I dumped the bitch because she was a self entitled piece of shit!

    Never, ever have office romances; I pretend to be gay at the company I work for, and it has been good strategy so far.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,620
    Reputation
    16877
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    This is why I ignore all flirting from female coworkers. Unfortunately the downside is that they misnterpret that as a green light for them to turn up the flirting due to my indifference. But I shut that down quickly by saying I have been sick lately and I am having a hard time paying bills.

  11. #11

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    All kinds of saying that go with getting involved with someone from work, all of them cautionary. In today's world I would not even give a slight hint I was interested.
    Congrats on the bullet dodged, take it as a lesson learned.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,381
    Reputation
    6762
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    This is why I ignore all flirting from female coworkers. Unfortunately the downside is that they misnterpret that as a green light for them to turn up the flirting due to my indifference. But I shut that down quickly by saying I have been sick lately and I am having a hard time paying bills.
    Yep, I do something similar: I tell them my schedule's so full I can barely get 4 hours of sleep a night and I have no life outside of my work/business commitments. (No woman wants to start something with a guy who's got no time for her because that's almost as bad as starting something with a guy who's got no money for her.)

    I also tell them how long it's been since I went out with anyone at all because I kept choosing mates who were wrong for me and so I just gave it up altogether. (No woman wants to go out with a guy who has a string of failures in his past, unless she's out only for a p&d, but I don't do those because, imo, those are toxic both in their nature and in their repercussions.)

  13. #13
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16249

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
    Funny that you say that. The other day my son said something similar when I warned him not to mess with a crazy girl. He added "crazy is cute"...

    Like my son, I just wanted to remind a man the kind of problems he might get messing with women at work.

    Women are like an unstable bomb in your life, we dont see it when the little head is doing the thinking. But women at work... when that bomb goes off, so does the job.

    Men like to take risks. It makes us feel alive. Yet let me suggest a motorcycle, or flying a airplane, like I do. That way YOU ARE IN CONTROL. That is sensible risk-taking and its actually rewarding because you survive by your skills.

    Putting your life in the hands of women? That is russian roulette with 6 bullets, betting that one of them will misfire.

    That is not fun. Not fun at all.
    Will you relax one day ... They are toddlers . Its not like they will be having unprotected sex or something
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  14. #14
    Senior Member Manfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    490
    Reputation
    3603
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    Will you relax one day ... They are toddlers . Its not like they will be having unprotected sex or something
    You are making me nervous...

  15. #15
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16249

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
    You are making me nervous...
    And im loving every bit of it i was just messing with you .

    But i really assumed that your son is still a little kid at first and you were preaching him office politics
    Last edited by Alik Sakharov; November 4, 2018 at 2:16 PM.
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  16. #16
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,620
    Reputation
    16877
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by kru-kut View Post
    Yep, I do something similar: I tell them my schedule's so full I can barely get 4 hours of sleep a night and I have no life outside of my work/business commitments. (No woman wants to start something with a guy who's got no time for her because that's almost as bad as starting something with a guy who's got no money for her.)

    I also tell them how long it's been since I went out with anyone at all because I kept choosing mates who were wrong for me and so I just gave it up altogether. (No woman wants to go out with a guy who has a string of failures in his past, unless she's out only for a p&d, but I don't do those because, imo, those are toxic both in their nature and in their repercussions.)
    Yeah if a woman has a choice between a man that doesn't work but plenty of time to give the D aka alpha chad or a man with little time due to work she will choose alpha D. This is why even when women try to move on from alpha D they have a hard time with this chasing after a beta. This is because the beta doesn't have time due to work and woman alpha widowed is damaged goods. I just wish more men would recognized these red flags when a woman brings up a lack of attention and time for HER. That is the biggest red flag that can come from a woman's mouth right next to a woman being a gold digger. Whether it is time or money that makes women like a resource vampire that is dependent upon another man to function at a base level. That is what makes most women pathetic and sad with their "flirting" as they know that they offer nothing else of value in a professional setting and outside of work.

    However, I do take great joy to purposefully failing those shit tests because if I want to grind toward financial independence that is my choice alone as a man. I believe it is no life for a man to live if he has to live paycheck to paycheck as that kills the drive a man has to explore the world on his own terms and using his own time.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,381
    Reputation
    6762
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    I just remembered this: Long time ago, at I place I worked, a woman who also worked there asked me out. Long story short, I got run over the coals. It sucked. Later on one of her friends told me her intent was to bang every guy in the place. I just happened to be the next fool in line.

    Wait, there's more. Many years later I'm scanning personal ads, and I see her pic. She's put on about 50 pounds and looks like shit. One things that stood out in the text of her ad: "Sick of all the game-playing."

    Attached Images Attached Images

  18. #18
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16249

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by kru-kut View Post
    I just remembered this: Long time ago, at I place I worked, a woman who also worked there asked me out. Long story short, I got run over the coals. It sucked. Later on one of her friends told me her intent was to bang every guy in the place. I just happened to be the next fool in line.

    Wait, there's more. Many years later I'm scanning personal ads, and I see her pic. She's put on about 50 pounds and looks like shit. One things that stood out in the text of her ad: "Sick of all the game-playing."

    We dont get mad at men thinking to do the same cause we know it aint gonna happen

    But women have good chances and that pisses me off
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  19. #19
    Senior Member Delmore Schwartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Perth, Scotland
    Posts
    425
    Reputation
    1933
    Type
    Perpetual Traveller

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Never, ever have office romances; I pretend to be gay at the company I work for, and it has been good strategy so far.
    Seriously thinking about this strategy for my next job, given that it seems to be the only way to keep women off your back (and the giga harridens in HR in particular)
    Time is the fire in which we burn

    Delmore Schwartz (the original, not this internet manifestation of his ghost)


  20. #20
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16249

    Re: Girl at work almost got to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Delmore Schwartz View Post
    Seriously thinking about this strategy for my next job, given that it seems to be the only way to keep women off your back (and the giga harridens in HR in particular)
    Given that you will only have to be yourself
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: November 18, 2018, 1:13 PM
  2. Any men looking for work?
    By Jan in forum Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: August 5, 2018, 11:28 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 9, 2017, 12:31 PM
  4. Help a Girl in Need and....
    By jagrmeister in forum Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 11, 2015, 3:22 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: January 12, 2015, 7:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •