Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: Ghost town

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    2,233
    Reputation
    8936
    Type
    Ghost

    Ghost town

    NBM and I were highjacking rookie TIG's intro, touching on how the place has been a ghost town lately. NBM figures a lot of guys are unhappy with how the place has been run, and have voted with their feet. Fair enough assessment, seems to me. Not the only reason guys have left, but likely the biggest.

    This is just as NMB said, my two cents and nothing more. Appears to me, Jag has a few goals for the place. A big one is no fighting among ourselves. One war at a times enough, and it makes us look bad.

    Appearance is important, cause society would like nothing better than to throw us in with some real hate groups. That's the most serious threat to us that I can think of.

    Another big one, is Jag don't want a snake pit. I liked Natcho when he first reappeared. But after a week of his scorched earth management style, I was just as happy to see him leave. How can you run a forum like that? My guess is Jag's not paying the bills to fund a zoo. It's sad to see a great forum slide, but Jag will go down with the ship before he watches a bunch a internet hero's post what they please. I see nothing wrong with this either, don't think he's asking for that much. Again, just my 2 cents, though it looks like a lot a guys see it different.
    Last edited by frog; June 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,925
    Reputation
    23642
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Ghost town

    I think the place has quietened down a bit because over the past year or two, the red pill has just exploded all over the net. There are now many more places talking about the kind of stuff that we deal with here, more places for people to go to. Reddit, YouTube, heck - there are even Faceborg groups that the borg hasn't managed to shut down yet. We don't show up on google in the first three pages of search results, and who even looks that far?

    And this is a good thing. To a great degree, our work is done - we who were MGTOW before MGTOW was cool. If it came to that, this site could close up shop with dignity, having accomplished something worthwhile.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16235

    Re: Ghost town

    LOL Nacho should really control his drug consumption it is not doing him any good
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  4. #4
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,597
    Reputation
    16761
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Ghost town

    I find it comes and goes with cycles but this forum is a valuable resource to me so I will continue to visit it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    2,233
    Reputation
    8936
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Ghost town

    Hope Mr. Wombats right. I'm such an internet clutz I wouldn't know. But there sure aint much happing lately.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mexico City.
    Posts
    204
    Reputation
    1069
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Ghost town

    I write a big opinion of what i believe is happenng but i delete it because since some time i feel like personal opinion don't matter, only those classics opinions bashing women, also MGTOW have a HUGE defect, his lack of a higher plan, you can enter MGTOW, learn, self improve yourself and after some time all that potential just go without doing something better for the world or for anyone, you just go.

    Also a big problem is how MGTOW is repetitive, it's only "look what this woman do", feminism do something wrong again, lift because you must take care of you body (fun fact, almost nobody talks about learning as self improvement, just lift) and after some time it become boring read the same with a little twist.

    That's my opinion, also, in this forum in particular, almost nobody read forums today, everything is about reddit or youtube, actually the grow of those 2 MGTOW communities and the lack of new member here show it.

  7. #7

    Re: Ghost town

    Hello all
    I just wanted to chime in. i'm not sure if unhappyness is the main reason. I witnessed two bans of active members during my time here. As I already stated in the intro topic of TIG it has left me personally with a bitter taste in my mouth. I do understand that there are rules one has to follow that goes without saying. I'm not here to make trouble or stir shit but fact remains that a lot of former active members were banned or went silently their own way.
    i'm inactive for periods of time as well, because I take care of my passions and there is not much time left for posting.

    Quote AxFa
    "Also a big problem is how MGTOW is repetitive, it's only "look what this woman do", feminism do something wrong again"
    That is somewhat true, we are beating a dead horse over and over again. Problem is that most information have been revealed and we are red pilled beyond the average Joe.

    I wish that the MGTOW community would take maybe also other topics at heart which doesn't have to do neccessarily strictly with feminism. gynocentrism etc.
    When checking the forum I see weekly new subscribers but very few are actually actively participating on this forum. I think one major hurdle is the intro. people are not understanding why the intro is being asked for and are shying away from becoming active members.
    I personally believe that the intro must be maintained on a mandatory level for obvious reasons but I believe that the intro prevents a lot of people to become active

    I've always asked myself why would someone subscribe to a forum if you have little to no intentions to actively participating on the same? Wouldn't it be better just to remain in a lurker status and not subscribe? I personally remained lurker for some years before I decided to sign up.
    It is definitely true that MGTOW is spreading lke wildfire and a lot more forum and you tube channels are talking about MGTOW.

    MGTOW is growing steadily I would even say exponentially thanks a lot to our MGTOW detractors which are doing an awesome job to spread the MGTOW gospel. If nobody talks about MGTOW apart from it's members MGTOW will grow steadily and run it's course. The more MGTOW detractors talk about MGTOW the more men will find out about the MGTOW philosophy which will lead to exponential growth.

    Well let's hope that we can gain back some momentum.
    Just my 2 cents.
    All the best
    "MGTOW is an extreme measure to an extreme situation"
    Quote Insidious Sid: "Some men are so MGTOW they're not even MGTOW".
    Quote Life is what you make of it "Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy."

  8. #8
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16235

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by AxFa View Post
    I write a big opinion of what i believe is happenng but i delete it because since some time i feel like personal opinion don't matter, only those classics opinions bashing women, also MGTOW have a HUGE defect, his lack of a higher plan, you can enter MGTOW, learn, self improve yourself and after some time all that potential just go without doing something better for the world or for anyone, you just go.

    Also a big problem is how MGTOW is repetitive, it's only "look what this woman do", feminism do something wrong again, lift because you must take care of you body (fun fact, almost nobody talks about learning as self improvement, just lift) and after some time it become boring read the same with a little twist.

    That's my opinion, also, in this forum in particular, almost nobody read forums today, everything is about reddit or youtube, actually the grow of those 2 MGTOW communities and the lack of new member here show it.
    Lots of truth in that .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  9. #9
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16235

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Born MGTOW View Post
    Hello all
    I just wanted to chime in. i'm not sure if unhappyness is the main reason. I witnessed two bans of active members during my time here. As I already stated in the intro topic of TIG it has left me personally with a bitter taste in my mouth. I do understand that there are rules one has to follow that goes without saying. I'm not here to make trouble or stir shit but fact remains that a lot of former active members were banned or went silently their own way.
    i'm inactive for periods of time as well, because I take care of my passions and there is not much time left for posting.

    Quote AxFa


    That is somewhat true, we are beating a dead horse over and over again. Problem is that most information have been revealed and we are red pilled beyond the average Joe.

    I wish that the MGTOW community would take maybe also other topics at heart which doesn't have to do neccessarily strictly with feminism. gynocentrism etc.
    When checking the forum I see weekly new subscribers but very few are actually actively participating on this forum. I think one major hurdle is the intro. people are not understanding why the intro is being asked for and are shying away from becoming active members.
    I personally believe that the intro must be maintained on a mandatory level for obvious reasons but I believe that the intro prevents a lot of people to become active

    I've always asked myself why would someone subscribe to a forum if you have little to no intentions to actively participating on the same? Wouldn't it be better just to remain in a lurker status and not subscribe? I personally remained lurker for some years before I decided to sign up.
    It is definitely true that MGTOW is spreading lke wildfire and a lot more forum and you tube channels are talking about MGTOW.

    MGTOW is growing steadily I would even say exponentially thanks a lot to our MGTOW detractors which are doing an awesome job to spread the MGTOW gospel. If nobody talks about MGTOW apart from it's members MGTOW will grow steadily and run it's course. The more MGTOW detractors talk about MGTOW the more men will find out about the MGTOW philosophy which will lead to exponential growth.

    Well let's hope that we can gain back some momentum.
    Just my 2 cents.
    All the best
    That is the best and the worst quality of MGTOW - its not a community ...and not a movement .

    People of course deep down feel that nagging - what are we going to do now ? Which of course actually stands for - what someone is going to do now to help me out . We are bred this way .

    We are not off the grid , we go our own way bet we are not off the grid and the grid is nothing less and nothing more - its money .

    All this talk is ok but when it comes to money all bets are off and its same old , same old . We are enemies , humnas are enemies . Thats why people get dogs .

    So thats a good thing MGTOW doesnt claim to be a community . It is not .

    Another thing like with every thing and every movement and the world in general - people just want to rant , to talk . Its like at work - everybody is pissed at the boss but nobody calls him faggot in the eyes .

    Wast majority of MGTOW people are MGTOW for the sole reason they cant have a gf . Once they could pull they would call you all incels in no time .

    But thats a good thing they cant pull . Saves them grief .

    MGTOW is repetitive yes ... same as forums about cars are repetitive , about coding ...about anything . But its not the main party line what is important its the little things - new little laws , new little scams , new little ways of doing things .

    Cause every little law that gets passed in Canada is coming to your town sooner or later , every little scam pulled in Israel is coming to your town , every little example of selling everything and moving the fuck away and fuck prostitutes and care fuck all is a little encouragement .

    PS . For me its a joy te be here, some posters here are out of this world , the Kardashians should polish their shoes with polish shoe polish .

    I dropped this idea that i made some kind of discovery being MGTOW some time ago , its old and common knowledge actually , the only discovery for me is discovering that i was dumb and dumber in one person all my life . And i still am .
    Last edited by Alik Sakharov; June 18, 2018 at 2:45 PM.
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  10. #10
    Senior Member Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,324
    Reputation
    5535

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by AxFa View Post
    I write a big opinion of what i believe is happenng but i delete it because since some time i feel like personal opinion don't matter, only those classics opinions bashing women, also MGTOW have a HUGE defect, his lack of a higher plan, you can enter MGTOW, learn, self improve yourself and after some time all that potential just go without doing something better for the world or for anyone, you just go.

    Also a big problem is how MGTOW is repetitive, it's only "look what this woman do", feminism do something wrong again, lift because you must take care of you body (fun fact, almost nobody talks about learning as self improvement, just lift) and after some time it become boring read the same with a little twist.

    That's my opinion, also, in this forum in particular, almost nobody read forums today, everything is about reddit or youtube, actually the grow of those 2 MGTOW communities and the lack of new member here show it.
    When you learn self improvement, you also improve the world around you even if you aren't trying to. I actively take steps to help others, but when you take a look around at the world, most people are projecting their lack of happiness, and lack of self improvement onto others. Their lack of self improvement is what poisons the collective. When you are healthier, more content, relaxed, happy and with better thoughts, you no longer poison the collective so you do help change the world....because the best way to change the world is to change yourself.

    When you take care of your body, others around you are influenced on some level. Self improvement should not be underestimated. I talked to someone at work who was slightly obese and demotivated. 2 weeks later when I saw them they had started working out...

    I talked to someone the other day and afterwards they said I'd inspired them to restart their passion for singing and music making. Why? because I am content, have self improved, and naturally want others to feel the same way. Now just think how much the world could change if every one of us inspired just one other person every day...
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  11. #11

    Re: Ghost town

    Pretty much everything has been said 2-3 times over. I like reading old threads that are bumped up that will remind me of a point I've forgotten, though.

  12. #12

    Re: Ghost town

    Hello Alik

    That is the best and the worst quality of MGTOW - its not a community ...and not a movement .
    well, how would you define MGTOW then? To me, community doesn't sound that bad and of all definition, I came across community for me fits the bill more accurately than anything else. we're not a movement nor are we a cult but of all definitions I heard so far community is the most accurate denomination. Yeah there's a lot of infighting in the manosphere and MGTOW itself but in the end my experinece so so far is that we can agree to disagree, we are arguing . . . giving our opinions and when you are convinced you are standing your ground and won't back down.

    When you are in a heated debate it is very easy to cross the line without being aware of it. At times you cross the line on purpose to get your point across. Having read the forum rules I understand that there has to be a line which can't be crossed but the forum rules are laid out in a very broad manner. The line we can't cross is blury to me.

    I'm fully aware of the difficult and ungratedul task our mods are facing and well jagrmeister owns this site so I have to stick to the rules and I do like everyone else.
    All the time I frequented the forum the MODs did their job extremely well.

    Now lets face it a lot of active members have been banned for one reason or another. I experienced two bans since I'm here. In one case we have received an explanation for why it happened in the other one not. It is of no concern to discuss it here because it has become pointless and I don't think it would do any good . . . case closed.

    I must admit that the last ban has left a bitter taste in my mouth and it had as a consequence that I slowed down a bit and focused on other things.
    What I noticed is that there are quite a few former members which were very active and have been banned, that was a long time ago before I became a member here. I don't know the reason and it doesn't matter anymore.

    Others just simply disappeared and went their own way. Thomas Covenant comes to my mind, he disappeared from one day to another. I left him a private message here on the forum but I guess he went his own way. There are a lot of names that I'm familiar with during my lurker times like Chef . . . Chairborne just to name a few. Does anyone has still contact with them?
    Mystic Rodent was a lot more active in the past as well. I couldn't send him a private message because his was disabled.
    i miss his insides and I loved the way he articulated his thoughts.

    One of the major issues was pointed out by AxFa. We're beating a dead horse. Moreover, if someone still thinks that this whole situation can be corrected and adjusted than the gender war and feminism are the last of your problems. In case you believe that there is a solution maybe we should brainstorm a thread with possible solutions instead of continuing to list problems. I'm not considering myself an MRA. I'm MGTOW because I got bigger fish to fry with society as a whole.

    I can't change society but I can change myself and that is something in constant evolution. I'm trapped in this system the same as you are but I will find a way out or die trying.
    Guys we need to accept most probably the fact that at a certain point our fellow members are going their own way. Life changes. They have read everything there was to read and discussed eveything that was to be discussed . . . now they moved on. We all will move on at a certain point it is natural that it happens.
    We have to accept it and I hope that maybe one day our non banned members will drop by to just say Hi!
    Just my 2 cents to lighten up the mood in the ghost town.
    "MGTOW is an extreme measure to an extreme situation"
    Quote Insidious Sid: "Some men are so MGTOW they're not even MGTOW".
    Quote Life is what you make of it "Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy."

  13. #13
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16235

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Born MGTOW View Post
    Hello Alik



    well, how would you define MGTOW then? To me, community doesn't sound that bad and of all definition, I came across community for me fits the bill more accurately than anything else. we're not a movement nor are we a cult but of all definitions I heard so far community is the most accurate denomination. Yeah there's a lot of infighting in the manosphere and MGTOW itself but in the end my experinece so so far is that we can agree to disagree, we are arguing . . . giving our opinions and when you are convinced you are standing your ground and won't back down.

    When you are in a heated debate it is very easy to cross the line without being aware of it. At times you cross the line on purpose to get your point across. Having read the forum rules I understand that there has to be a line which can't be crossed but the forum rules are laid out in a very broad manner. The line we can't cross is blury to me.

    I'm fully aware of the difficult and ungratedul task our mods are facing and well jagrmeister owns this site so I have to stick to the rules and I do like everyone else.
    All the time I frequented the forum the MODs did their job extremely well.

    Now lets face it a lot of active members have been banned for one reason or another. I experienced two bans since I'm here. In one case we have received an explanation for why it happened in the other one not. It is of no concern to discuss it here because it has become pointless and I don't think it would do any good . . . case closed.

    I must admit that the last ban has left a bitter taste in my mouth and it had as a consequence that I slowed down a bit and focused on other things.
    What I noticed is that there are quite a few former members which were very active and have been banned, that was a long time ago before I became a member here. I don't know the reason and it doesn't matter anymore.

    Others just simply disappeared and went their own way. Thomas Covenant comes to my mind, he disappeared from one day to another. I left him a private message here on the forum but I guess he went his own way. There are a lot of names that I'm familiar with during my lurker times like Chef . . . Chairborne just to name a few. Does anyone has still contact with them?
    Mystic Rodent was a lot more active in the past as well. I couldn't send him a private message because his was disabled.
    i miss his insides and I loved the way he articulated his thoughts.

    One of the major issues was pointed out by AxFa. We're beating a dead horse. Moreover, if someone still thinks that this whole situation can be corrected and adjusted than the gender war and feminism are the last of your problems. In case you believe that there is a solution maybe we should brainstorm a thread with possible solutions instead of continuing to list problems. I'm not considering myself an MRA. I'm MGTOW because I got bigger fish to fry with society as a whole.

    I can't change society but I can change myself and that is something in constant evolution. I'm trapped in this system the same as you are but I will find a way out or die trying.
    Guys we need to accept most probably the fact that at a certain point our fellow members are going their own way. Life changes. They have read everything there was to read and discussed eveything that was to be discussed . . . now they moved on. We all will move on at a certain point it is natural that it happens.
    We have to accept it and I hope that maybe one day our non banned members will drop by to just say Hi!
    Just my 2 cents to lighten up the mood in the ghost town.
    I remember you posted that your best friend died because of burned pancrea .

    Its this kind of feeling . You cant help other people , you cant change the world . Its painful . It hurts . But time heals .

    But boy when you decide to change yourself its a totally different kind of pain . Preaching to others is easy but to really live it takes up all your time and you lose the point of posting on the forum . Cause you cant change the world .

    In a few minutes i will go out to my job interview to accept the job with shittiest pay in the world ...but it will save me 3 hours of commuting every day and this is more important to me than money . And the company knows it . Im fucking kicking myself and cant believe im gonna be working for that . It makes me physically sick just thinking about that .

    That is some MGTOW for you - you have to pay for your choices . You , beloved you !


    PS . About banned members LOL - the only reason of all conflicts among we the people is that someone doesnt like your face . You call someones with power bullshit and it is what it is .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  14. #14
    Senior Member Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,324
    Reputation
    5535

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    I remember you posted that your best friend died because of burned pancrea .

    Its this kind of feeling . You cant help other people , you cant change the world . Its painful . It hurts . But time heals .

    But boy when you decide to change yourself its a totally different kind of pain . Preaching to others is easy but to really live it takes up all your time and you lose the point of posting on the forum . Cause you cant change the world .

    In a few minutes i will go out to my job interview to accept the job with shittiest pay in the world ...but it will save me 3 hours of commuting every day and this is more important to me than money . And the company knows it . Im fucking kicking myself and cant believe im gonna be working for that . It makes me physically sick just thinking about that .

    That is some MGTOW for you - you have to pay for your choices . You , beloved you !


    PS . About banned members LOL - the only reason of all conflicts among we the people is that someone doesnt like your face . You call someones with power bullshit and it is what it is .


    You can change the world. The reason why people think it's not possible is because most look externaly for the change, to Government, to other people, or those ''in power.'' The true power has always been within which is why those ''in power'' do not want people to look within...because they they will find that they had the power to change the world all by themselves.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  15. #15
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16235

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    You can change the world. The reason why people think it's not possible is because most look externaly for the change, to Government, to other people, or those ''in power.'' The true power has always been within which is why those ''in power'' do not want people to look within...because they they will find that they had the power to change the world all by themselves.
    You can change yourself yes . Thats is the power to change the world within .

    But you cant make a spider to go vegan .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  16. #16
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16235

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    I remember you posted that your best friend died because of burned pancrea .

    Its this kind of feeling . You cant help other people , you cant change the world . Its painful . It hurts . But time heals .

    But boy when you decide to change yourself its a totally different kind of pain . Preaching to others is easy but to really live it takes up all your time and you lose the point of posting on the forum . Cause you cant change the world .

    In a few minutes i will go out to my job interview to accept the job with shittiest pay in the world ...but it will save me 3 hours of commuting every day and this is more important to me than money . And the company knows it . Im fucking kicking myself and cant believe im gonna be working for that . It makes me physically sick just thinking about that .

    That is some MGTOW for you - you have to pay for your choices . You , beloved you !


    PS . About banned members LOL - the only reason of all conflicts among we the people is that someone doesnt like your face . You call someones with power bullshit and it is what it is .
    Lucky me !

    They turned me down and some old fucker with 30 years of experience took that job . I went back to the company to get them to sign papers for my health insurance ans saw the old dude all hung over and shaking .

    LOL before pay day after a whole month working they will give him a breathalyzer test and will catch him drunk and he wont get paid .

    Rinse and repeat .

    Dont go to work kids
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  17. #17
    Senior Member Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,324
    Reputation
    5535

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    You can change yourself yes . Thats is the power to change the world within .

    But you cant make a spider to go vegan .
    Yes, but if each person changed themselves.....that's the world. This can be done in many ways by influencing others to change, planting a seed, or just being a good example.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  18. #18
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16235

    Re: Ghost town

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Yes, but if each person changed themselves.....that's the world. This can be done in many ways by influencing others to change, planting a seed, or just being a good example.
    Its a painful process though .

    Its easy for people that look good anyways go to the gym every day . They feel fine with or without it . When its not truth even , they dont go every day . They just say they do .

    Tell it to someone that is faggot obese or twink thin .

    Preaching to others is not loading trucks .

    You can plant your seed into pussy and that only if you are lucky . The TV will plant a totally different seed and it will be same old , same old .

    People are not nice people at all
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  19. #19
    Senior Member Malinois's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Hellinois, USA
    Posts
    749
    Reputation
    3897
    Type
    GhostY-BacheloR

    Re: Ghost town

    Wow, it looks like I missed a lot of drama being caught up in the real world...I had some pretty good reasons to be away but, I’ll save my excuses for someone that gives a shit lol...

    I think that for most people that discover and sign up here, this site serves as a stepping stone. I know it did for me. I read so many contributions, had discussions, and entertained different ways of thinking, that I’m better for it, more well-rounded in a sense...

    For those that go off to other places, I wish them the best...I guarantee half of them will still fall victim to the almighty snatch tho...Hell, even I did...The biological urge is ever-present in all of us as long as our youthfull juices are still flowing...

    I don’t really have a criticism of this site. It has been a blessing, thanks Jag...But, from what I see it’s a stepping stone...We all searched for answers in this wicked world, and ended up here...All of us are in different walks of life and all of us are going to respond differently. When you graduated middle school, you went on to high school and in a sense this common ground here can only teach up to a certain level, hence all the repetition as you would find if you took a class that you already passed...

    Some of us will drop in here and there, some of us will embark on new life challenges, some of us will have our lives destroyed by slipping up and some will be content to call this home because its safe here.

    It’s nice to see familiar names, and have people that understand this truth that we all share but people change, growing apart or fading away...As men, if were standing still we’re either sleeping or we’re dead...As enlightened men, we sure as hell are not giving a fuck what anyone else expects from us...

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Arkham Mass.
    Posts
    168
    Reputation
    1870
    Type
    Formless & Void

    Re: Ghost town

    Thank you, Natural Born MGTOW, for your kind remembrance of me. Since I arrived late to this thread, much of what I might have said has already been expressed by other commentators. Perhaps the underlying problem is that most of still-active members are mature MGTOWs—whatever their chronological ages may be. Therefore, it becomes increasingly difficult to introduce a topic which seems fresh or original.

    I think AxFa expressed the situation most succinctly. Eventually, one becomes tired of reading about female depravity, the evils of modern feminism, or unjust civil and criminal laws towards men. After all, nobody needs a thousand examples in order to understand the basic premise. The only thing I might add is my feeling that MGTOW—with its over-emphasis upon individuality and self-reliance—has acquired the desolation of a forced and artificial solitude. It is not the isolation of a genuine brute, which has after all something of the power of a natural force.

    This is not to say that individuality should become lost or submerged within some community. It is not an either/or proposition. If community becomes the exclusive principle, then we end up with a fascist state, or some type of cult where people are discouraged from independent thinking. On the other hand, too much individuality leads to something like modern America—a place where most people have come to feel atomized and powerless, while living in superficial and insincere relationships.

    Although I’m not sure about Reddit, NBM, I can certainly attest that the MGTOW community on YouTube is vibrant and growing—not permeated with decay and decadence. Also, like you, I still miss LastPriory. If it’s any consolation, however, he did make two posts in Opposing Views after he was banned—something which nobody else appears to have noticed. Both the writing style, and the initials, should leave no doubt as to the authorship. I’ll leave it to you, however, to decipher their meaning.

    This finally brings us to the Unanswered Question—how to infuse new life and vigor into a dying forum. The most obvious solution would be to expand the original meaning of MGTOW so that it becomes something bigger and more inclusive. In practical terms, however, I don’t think this is something which can be easily realized. Just look at some of the recent comments on this thread. While you, NBM, are expressing a desire for a larger and more active community, Alik claims that no real MGTOW community exists—that MGTOW is about facing the hardships of life alone and being accountable for our individual choices. Meanwhile, Neo is extolling the idea of self-improvement, and saying that by improving ourselves we improve the world as well. How then, can you hope to reach any consensus about where MGTOW should go, or what it should become?

    Anyway, I’m sorry if I could not be more helpful. And while I might say something more positive—in a glib or superficial sense—I feel it's better to be honest.
    Last edited by Mystic Rodent; June 23, 2018 at 12:43 AM.


Similar Threads

  1. Mayhem in town
    By TheRecipe in forum Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 8, 2015, 6:28 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 17, 2014, 7:51 AM
  3. An Old Buddy Comes to Town
    By Matt Foley in forum Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: July 5, 2014, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •