Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Cool Equality time: Retirement age for Swiss women raised to 65

    On September 25, 2022, Switzerland held a referendum on whether to raise the retirement age for women, which has been 64, to 65. (The retirement age for men, meanwhile, has been 65 since the introduction of the old-age and survivors' insurance scheme, which pays old-age pensions, in 1948).

    The initiative was accepted with 50.5% (1,442,611 votes). A follow-up survey also showed that 65% of men were in favor of equalizing the retirement age, but only 35% of women.

    https://www.swissinfo.ch/ger/politik...teuer/47865696

    What was striking - as always with such issues - was that the left-wing parties, which usually never miss an opportunity to fight for equal rights and equality, were against this bill.

    Instead, some newspapers ran headlines afterwards saying that men had imposed on women the need to slave away for a year longer, even though there are more women than men in Switzerland who are entitled to vote.

    But the height of impudence is that even now women are advantaged because they pay in much less pension contributions than men, while at the same time they live longer and consequently draw a pension longer than men.

    I wanted to share this with you to show that there are steps towards more justice after all, but they have to be fought hard for, as you can't expect fairness from women, regardless of where they stand politically.
    Last edited by Smoking Wizard; October 1, 2022 at 12:15 PM.
    "Le seul moyen d'affronter un monde sans liberté est de devenir si absolument libre qu'on fasse de sa propre existence un acte de révolte." - Albert Camus

  2. #2
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,487
    Reputation
    17752
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Equality time: Retirement age for Swiss women raised to 65

    That's not justice.

    Justice is that men should retire earlier due to injuries, wear and tear, longer hours, harder work, and die on average 5 years sooner, therefore a retirement age of 55 vs. 65 for women is about as fair as it gets (given these unspoken yet factual circumstances).

    Equality is an illusion presented by the opposite sex that united and liberated themselves from us. When you swallow the red pill you realize just how much the game is rigged based on gender and ethnicity, everything they claim to be they are the nemeses of that claim.

    My mind's made up by facts and evidence, not emotions and doubletalk gaslighting. There's nothing modern women can do to lure dudes like us back on the plantation, the tools are in the barn, the slaves have left their squalor cabins to places unknown far far away, they fled without consideration or obedience to the laws that legally bound them there!
    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  3. #3

    Re: Equality time: Retirement age for Swiss women raised to 65

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    That's not justice.

    Justice is that men should retire earlier due to injuries, wear and tear, longer hours, harder work, and die on average 5 years sooner, therefore a retirement age of 55 vs. 65 for women is about as fair as it gets (given these unspoken yet factual circumstances).

    Equality is an illusion presented by the opposite sex that united and liberated themselves from us. When you swallow the red pill you realize just how much the game is rigged based on gender and ethnicity, everything they claim to be they are the nemeses of that claim.

    My mind's made up by facts and evidence, not emotions and doubletalk gaslighting. There's nothing modern women can do to lure dudes like us back on the plantation, the tools are in the barn, the slaves have left their squalor cabins to places unknown far far away, they fled without consideration or obedience to the laws that legally bound them there!
    It's a move in the right direction, but you're right. Switzerland has mandatory military service for all men aged 20 to usually about some time in the man's 40s, but the same is not required of women. It is possible to opt out, but the alternative is civilian service, and it lasts longer. They would only get excused from civilian service if they for some reason can't do that, like if they're too handicapped or something. But women simply don't owe any service. How is that equality? It used to be balanced out because only men could vote. But Switzerland gave women the partial voting rights in 1971 and full voting rights in 1990.

  4. #4
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,487
    Reputation
    17752
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Equality time: Retirement age for Swiss women raised to 65

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    It's a move in the right direction, but you're right. Switzerland has mandatory military service for all men aged 20 to usually about some time in the man's 40s, but the same is not required of women. It is possible to opt out, but the alternative is civilian service, and it lasts longer. They would only get excused from civilian service if they for some reason can't do that, like if they're too handicapped or something. But women simply don't owe any service. How is that equality? It used to be balanced out because only men could vote. But Switzerland gave women the partial voting rights in 1971 and full voting rights in 1990.
    So, another 5 years of mandatory service? Lets be fair, drop the retirement age another 5 years for men and make it 50, or move the female retirement up to 70!

    Female independence has come at a horrific cost to men, lending no further assistance to women is the least we can do to help them on their road to equality.
    Bundle up, boys, it's gonna be a long cold endless winter.


  5. #5

    Re: Equality time: Retirement age for Swiss women raised to 65

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    So, another 5 years of mandatory service? Lets be fair, drop the retirement age another 5 years for men and make it 50, or move the female retirement up to 70!

    Female independence has come at a horrific cost to men, lending no further assistance to women is the least we can do to help them on their road to equality.
    I was in Switzerland in 1985, before women had full voting rights, and I remember being surprised when a woman told me that men should have additional rights in compensation for having to do the military or civilian service that men have to do. And, really, almost all men do the military service. The civilian service is an option, but it's seen as less manly, and you also have to pay additional taxes if you do civilian instead of military service. It works for them. Despite having not fought in a war for centuries, the country has a formidable military.

    They prepared like mad to defend against a Nazi invasion, which fortunately ended up never coming. But Hitler had an invasion of Switzerland all planned out. It's not known for certain why he didn't go through with it, but I suspect it had a lot to do with how badly things were going with the invasion of the Soviet Union. The Nazi troops were needed on that front.

  6. #6

    Re: Equality time: Retirement age for Swiss women raised to 65

    Quote Originally Posted by TigPlaze View Post
    But women simply don't owe any service. How is that equality? It used to be balanced out because only men could vote. But Switzerland gave women the partial voting rights in 1971 and full voting rights in 1990.
    Biggest mistakes ever, both of them!
    "Le seul moyen d'affronter un monde sans liberté est de devenir si absolument libre qu'on fasse de sa propre existence un acte de révolte." - Albert Camus

  7. #7

    Re: Equality time: Retirement age for Swiss women raised to 65

    "fair and equal" is a myth. Everyone's idea of what is fair and equal is different from everyone else. There will never be a consensus on what is fair and equal.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: August 14, 2022, 10:36 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 7, 2018, 4:50 AM
  3. Raise Retirement Age for Women
    By ChewStar in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 3, 2018, 9:44 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: June 8, 2017, 5:38 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 1, 2014, 2:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •