Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,419
    Reputation
    14904
    Type
    enigmatic

    Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    I barely remember this incident in 2011 where a man self-immolated in front of the Cheshire County Court house in Keene, New Hampshire in protest and/or resignation of how he was treated in a domestic violence situation.

    In fact, an article at that time (apparently from the UK) talked about media indifference.

    It was later decided it never should have come to the initial arrest. But why did it?

    You can get a locally-written synopsis of the situation here:

    June 16, 2011 - Thomas James Ball Self-Immolated in Protest of the ďJusticeĒ System

    Thomas James Ball, 58 and father of three, left behind a 15-page letter, included in the above link although it is somewhat squished and a bit hard to read.

    Here's a more readable view of his letter:

    June 16, 2011 - Last statement sent to Sentinel from self-immolation victim

    It's a long letter but you will see that he was a brilliant man and explained things so well. You can get much insight into things. What he describes as The Second Set of Books is worth remembering.

    RIP, Thomas James Ball.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    378
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Unless you have a permanent health condition, I have zero sympathy for guys committing suicide.

    It’s cowardly and egotistical.

    Nobody gives a shit whether you set yourself on fire or not.

  3. #3

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Unless you have a permanent health condition, I have zero sympathy for guys committing suicide.

    Itís cowardly and egotistical.

    Nobody gives a shit whether you set yourself on fire or not.
    I disagree, he most likely saw no way his life would be anything since he was accused and convicted before he was tried. We have seen this time and again. Similar in how men end themselves when they are divorce raped so bad they see no way they can have any sort of life afterwards and feel that the courts are not giving him a fair shake and making them pay for something they did not do.

    With the above being said, I do not agree with suicide but he felt his life was over as a result since most that are accused and are then acquitted have no life after the fact anyways in today's society. I do think that accused peoples names/identities should be suppressed until after a conviction and if the accuser is found to be bringing false accusations they should be outed in public and charged with bringing false testimony to show that false claims will be punished.

    my grandfather told me at a very young age "boy, there is only one thing a woman wants from a man...... it's 6 inches long and has a head on it..... and its a dollar bill"

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    378
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by starcruiser View Post
    I disagree, he most likely saw no way his life would be anything since he was accused and convicted before he was tried. We have seen this time and again. Similar in how men end themselves when they are divorce raped so bad they see no way they can have any sort of life afterwards and feel that the courts are not giving him a fair shake and making them pay for something they did not do.

    With the above being said, I do not agree with suicide but he felt his life was over as a result since most that are accused and are then acquitted have no life after the fact anyways in today's society. I do think that accused peoples names/identities should be suppressed until after a conviction and if the accuser is found to be bringing false accusations they should be outed in public and charged with bringing false testimony to show that false claims will be punished.
    Unless it's for health reasons there is no reason to give up.

    There are options. Leaving the continent is the first that comes to mind.

    And anybody who is surprised that they are not treated "fairly" by the American judicial system is part of the problem.

    The US is a failed society with deeply corrupt and insane authorities.Two thirds of the population is mentally ill, morbidly obese and brainwashed.

    A fair warning: Get the fuck outta there while you still can.

  5. #5

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    "Sometimes, a question isn't about the answer."

    Look at us. Debating his actions, 11 years later. How many others have done the same? How many others will do so in the future?

    You can only push people so far. When they break, its inward, or outward. This gentleman chose inward. But he did it in a way that is still talked about today. Every time we talk about him, every time we ask, "why", every time it gives us pause, he wins. Right or wrong, he made a statement that lives on.

    Maybe, that was the point.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    378
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by ftdjc1 View Post
    "Sometimes, a question isn't about the answer."

    Look at us. Debating his actions, 11 years later. How many others have done the same? How many others will do so in the future?

    You can only push people so far. When they break, its inward, or outward. This gentleman chose inward. But he did it in a way that is still talked about today. Every time we talk about him, every time we ask, "why", every time it gives us pause, he wins. Right or wrong, he made a statement that lives on.

    Maybe, that was the point.
    He doesn't win. He's dead.

    The only way to truly lose at the game of life is to die.

  7. #7

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    I debated whether to post here or not, but WTF.

    First, the guy smacked a 4 year old in the face hard enough to draw blood. Thatís over the top. A smack in the ass is one thing, but a bloody lip? On a four year old? Way too much IMO.

    Now, whether that action warrants all that he went through is questionable at best. From the sound of it, with what he was married to, he was going to end up in a similar situation eventually anyway. Is the legal system FUBAR? Absolutely. Can any of us fix it? No fricking way. I know itís not a popular viewpoint here, but as Iíve said before, if you donít want to get entangled with the law, donít tread on the fringes of whatís illegal.

    That means stay away from women entirely, especially in a domestic setting (no marriage, no cohabitation, no Kids- sound familiar?) So if you choose to ignore the 3 MGTOW principals when it comes to women and kids, youíd best keep your hands to yourself and be a good little simp. Donít speed excessively; donít hang around drug dealers, thieves, politicians or con men. In short, be MGTOW with the legal system just like you do women. If you hate the police (which Iím starting to think is a majority of the members here), donít put yourself in the position to have to interact with them.

    As to the suicide issue, as someone who gave it consideration right after his divorce, my take is- donít do it. You never know how things will turn out. Thereís always a way for things to get better. Who knows what good shit you could miss out on by throwing in the towel. I for one, (in no small part by adopting principals touted right here) am damn glad to be here and have a good 20 more years to enjoy focusing on myself and what I think is worthwhile.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    378
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Yeah, I read his little letter too.

    The family already had the state in their home before that and he beat his 4 year old bloody because she kept "licking his hand". Really weird shit.

  9. #9
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,112
    Reputation
    16782
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Yeah, I read his little letter too.

    The family already had the state in their home before that and he beat his 4 year old bloody because she kept "licking his hand". Really weird shit.
    Sounds like the Biden household.
    In the beginning, it only ate men, now it's coming for the women and children, and nothing can stop it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,779
    Reputation
    4628
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Unless you have a permanent health condition, I have zero sympathy for guys committing suicide.

    It’s cowardly and egotistical.

    Nobody gives a shit whether you set yourself on fire or not.
    Sorry Bam, but you’re wrong, Oh so wrong!

    Cowardly? Please explain to us why taking your life is cowardly. A coward acts out of fear, a suicidal person acts because he/she is despondent and sees no way forward. They have come to the end of their rope.

    Egotistical? Where does that ego lie after death?

    Sorry Bam, I understand your revulsion at such things but your reasoning is flawed. VERY flawed.

    And your understanding is nil.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,340
    Reputation
    10810
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Yeah, I read his little letter too.

    The family already had the state in their home before that and he beat his 4 year old bloody because she kept "licking his hand". Really weird shit.
    Weird doings alright, Mr. Ball must have forgot to tell us something.

    Not that it makes the other side right. Every time they claim someone needs help the company makes money. What do you think they're going to say?
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    410
    Reputation
    784
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Mr. Ball was right. Society (read: just about everyone) does not care. This is the real world.

  13. #13
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,112
    Reputation
    16782
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    I did my Thomas Ball on the inside! Burned it to the bare timbers and left the future Mrs. Tower with nothing but ashes, and went on living my life to the fullest!

    Takes a woman from hell with her state demons to make a man set himself on fire! I know the type, around here (stones throw from Keen, NH) they're as common as blades of grass!

    New England and the entire North East is the world's largest spawning grounds for MGTOW, Massachusetts has the most lawyers per capita on PLANET EARTH and every damn one of them are USELESS and OBSOLETE!
    In the beginning, it only ate men, now it's coming for the women and children, and nothing can stop it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    6,112
    Reputation
    16782
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Here's a Thomas Ball in the making, you have the right to be railroaded and nothing else. In tyrannical times it's essential to maintain a low profile and fly under the radar! Ghosts move about freely, unhindered, and hassle free! We don't need rights because we never test them knowing how void they are!


    In the beginning, it only ate men, now it's coming for the women and children, and nothing can stop it.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    455
    Reputation
    1229
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor64 View Post

    First, the guy smacked a 4 year old in the face hard enough to draw blood. That’s over the top. A smack in the ass is one thing, but a bloody lip? On a four year old? Way too much IMO.
    Thanks for saving me the time I would've put into reading his letter. So the guy was a piece of shit himself. I forgot the author who said we must side with the oppressed without losing sight of the fact that they are molded of the same clay as the oppressors.
    Last edited by Hedon; August 9, 2022 at 12:54 PM.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    455
    Reputation
    1229
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    It’s cowardly and egotistical.
    Every time I come across this said about the suicides I think people are just repeating what everybody else is saying because everybody says it, with little to no thought given to it. I don't award courage to the act but it's the farthest thing from cowardice. It's even worse when it's said that the person took an easy way out. Mind you, this is said by people fighting tooth and nail to cling to life. What is so easy about willingly taking yourself out? To look deep into the abyss and still send yourself to the gallows. What is easy about going against the most potent instinct everything living is armed with, self-preservation? We castigate the person whose mental horror is so great that it's overridden the anguish of an impending death. I don't know what to call it it's damn sure not cowardice.
    Last edited by Hedon; August 9, 2022 at 6:52 PM.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    378
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedon View Post
    Every time I come across this said about the suicides I think people are just repeating what everybody else is saying because everybody says it, with little to no thought given to it. I don't award courage to the act but it's the farthest thing from cowardice. It's even worse when it's said that the person took a easy way out. Mind you, this is said by people fighting tooth and nail to cling to life. What is so easy about willingly taking yourself out? To look deep into the abyss and still send yourself to the gallows? What is easy about going against the most potent instinct everything living is armed with, self-preservation? We castigate the person whose mental horror is so great that it's overridden the anguish of an impending death. I don't know what to call it it's damn sure not cowardice.
    The mental horrors that you speak of can be overcome through self-discipline and will power, but the effort and process to do so is painful.

    Suffering is important and healthy.

    I call suicide cowardly because it means running from the pain that is necessary to achieve necessary change.

  18. #18

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    The mental horrors that you speak of can be overcome through self-discipline and will power, but the effort and process to do so is painful.

    Suffering is important and healthy.

    I call suicide cowardly because it means running from the pain that is necessary to achieve necessary change.
    Suffering, strength, change and progress

    Society value theses things way too much, sometimes you got check out. It doesn't matter if other think of you. It only what you want. Some people want to live some want to die

    It's the ultimate self determination

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    281
    Reputation
    378
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by FangBlade View Post
    Suffering, strength, change and progress

    Society value theses things way too much, sometimes you got check out. It doesn't matter if other think of you. It only what you want. Some people want to live some want to die

    It's the ultimate self determination
    I actually agree to an extent.

    But I was not talking about what others expect. The only person who profits from your suffering is you.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,779
    Reputation
    4628
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Domestic Violence Injustice and The Second Set of Books

    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    I call suicide cowardly because it means running from the pain that is necessary to achieve necessary change.
    I take your point, but the avoidance of pain and suffering isnít cowardly, in fact itís perfectly rational in the main. Did you not say much the same yourself when you referred to permanent health conditions?

    By the time someone contemplates suicide they have explored all other avenues to the best of their ability and simply donít see a way out other than suicide. They are wrong, but they donít see that they are wrong. Confusion and depression shouldnít be confused with cowardice.

    There is a misconception out there about what does and doesnít constitute cowardice. You look up the dictionary and it refers to acting out of fear, but this isnít the whole of it. Often it is perfectly rational to act out of fear.

    There are few actions that I would describe as cowardly, but there are a few. One that comes to mind is the actions of suicide-bombers.

    This going to be controversial so bear with me.

    Often in the media these people are described as cowardly, but this is a misnomer. How is being willing to pay the ultimate price for your actions cowardly?

    No, the real cowards are the ones that coerce these people into taking such actions. Theyíre AFRAID to face the consequences (death) of their own convictions. They wish the deed to be done but are unwilling to do the deed themselves so they persuade others to do it. This is where the true cowardice lies.


Similar Threads

  1. same sex domestic violence rates..guess who's the most violent?
    By Revenge on the Herd in forum The Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 22, 2022, 8:24 AM
  2. The Truth about Domestic Violence
    By Niceguy_chad in forum Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 18, 2019, 6:38 AM
  3. Toronto domestic violence shelter for men
    By hellgorama in forum Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 28, 2018, 5:50 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 19, 2017, 7:27 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 27, 2014, 4:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •