Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Senior Member Opaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth/Northern Hemisphere/Land of Low wages & High taxes
    Posts
    1,532
    Reputation
    11024
    Type
    UNAPPEASABLE.

    I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    I see this phrase on many dating profiles. What does this mean? Does it mean she wants someone who is humorous, easy going? Or someone who is malleable and capitulates to her demands, pays the bill, pays for the taxi back home?

    Or is this more common in the UK as opposed to North America and the rest of the world.

    This phrase pisses me off for some reason. Sounds manipulative somehow.
    A mother cannot raise a boy to be a man, not because he needs a father figure; but because she favours team vagina over her own son.

    Tradcon women are the most manipulative of all kinds of women, because they infect you with false hope.
    Radfems are your best friend, because they hate you and verbalise it - that's honesty!

    The red pill rage is a process which takes many many years - so be kind and patient with yourself; you will overcome it!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,117
    Reputation
    2785
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    I don’t use such sites and because of this this is new to me, but my instinct tells me that they are looking for men that don’t take the time to think.

    They’re looking for easy pickings, men that are easy to manipulate.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  3. #3
    Senior Member mlb6d9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    ROCKY MTNS
    Posts
    101
    Reputation
    250
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I see this phrase on many dating profiles. What does this mean? Does it mean she wants someone who is humorous, easy going? Or someone who is malleable and capitulates to her demands, pays the bill, pays for the taxi back home?

    Or is this more common in the UK as opposed to North America and the rest of the world.

    This phrase pisses me off for some reason. Sounds manipulative somehow.
    They are definitely looking for an easy-going, laid back piece of clay that they can mold and put a leash on
    - Ask Not where have all the Good Men gone, But WHY -

  4. #4
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,505
    Reputation
    12278
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I see this phrase on many dating profiles. What does this mean? Does it mean she wants someone who is humorous, easy going?
    Yes. I've heard that phrase mostly outside of the dating world. Another way of saying "have a sense of humor".
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  5. #5
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,484
    Reputation
    9475
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.


    Translation: I want a temporary fool I can manipulate and extract to gain personal wealth and advantage (three months max).
    01/20/2021- Weekend at Bernie's, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20003

  6. #6
    Senior Member Boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    530
    Reputation
    3858
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    They are looking for a man without self-respect or personal boundaries. A man who will not stand up for himself and let the women maintain their delusions of strength and independence.
    No.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    330
    Reputation
    1925
    Type
    Loose

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    They are looking for a man they can keep as a backup or as an orbiter, giving him low priority without him have nothing against it even when his resources and time are demanded.

    Anyway Im fine with that, I dont take myself too seriously and even less seriously I take women I deal with.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,117
    Reputation
    2785
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Yes. I've heard that phrase mostly outside of the dating world. Another way of saying "have a sense of humor".
    Agreed. Or just relax and enjoy life. Life can be stressful and you have to know how to let go of all the bullshit, at least for a little while.

    But when it comes to dating there is another side to this. Buy drinks and have fun, relax about all the money dating me is going to cost you - it's only money after all. Chill dude and enjoy buying me shit! I'll laugh and flirt and you'll keep spending - I can make you enjoy destroying your future!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  9. #9
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,021
    Reputation
    4698
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    They want someone they can torture. It's just another way of saying "I am a strong independent woman".

  10. #10
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,484
    Reputation
    9475
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by MGTOWFOREVER View Post
    They want someone they can torture. It's just another way of saying "I am a strong independent woman".
    They're like little children tempting you (shit tests) and in doing so draw out the worst of your character, they'll push your buttons to get the negative action, consequences, and drama they crave and desire, then crucify and condemn you with that incident for all the remaining days of your mortal life!

    You've heard hell hath no fury like a woman scorn?

    I'm here to testify hell hath no shelf-life like a women scorn!
    01/20/2021- Weekend at Bernie's, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20003

  11. #11
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    202
    Reputation
    1212
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    RULE #1 Ignore everything a woman writes on her online dating profile.

    How often do you see no hookups / one night stands enough said.
    Men are becoming MGTOW by the millions, most without ever having heard the term. They are simply doing what all living organisms finding themselves in a toxic environment do. They adapt to it or remove themselves from it. Females are not liking either the adaptations or the removal.

    FACEBOOK PAGE, TWITTER FEED

  12. #12
    Senior Member Opaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth/Northern Hemisphere/Land of Low wages & High taxes
    Posts
    1,532
    Reputation
    11024
    Type
    UNAPPEASABLE.

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    RULE #1 Ignore everything a woman writes on her online dating profile.

    How often do you see no hookups / one night stands enough said.
    It usually means, if you are a below average beta don't even think about contacting me. If you are an alpha like Henry Cavill, well then her legs will be open before you even say hello.
    A mother cannot raise a boy to be a man, not because he needs a father figure; but because she favours team vagina over her own son.

    Tradcon women are the most manipulative of all kinds of women, because they infect you with false hope.
    Radfems are your best friend, because they hate you and verbalise it - that's honesty!

    The red pill rage is a process which takes many many years - so be kind and patient with yourself; you will overcome it!

  13. #13
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,484
    Reputation
    9475
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    In me they'll find a man that doesn't take "them" seriously!

    Gentlemen, in what universe should we take a moody toddler seriously? The one where society empowers her mood swings to master over your logic, foresight, and intuitive understanding?

    Ladies (the empowered), go ahead and play with that landmine all by yourself! Don't expect any help from me! Find yourself some unwitting manfodder! Oh, what's that you say? There's none left? Can't find any? No problem, you can play with each other!
    01/20/2021- Weekend at Bernie's, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington, DC 20003

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77
    Reputation
    468
    Type
    le chatelier's principle

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    A man with a healthy, functioning moral compass will get serious when such boundaries are crossed. A woman's past is her mirror and should a man's morality invoke he demands her to evaluate her past indiscretions then such man has crossed the line i.e. 'he takes everything so seriously'.

    Name of the game is frivolous wordplay to weed out the strong minded masculine characteristics and invite spineless cuck boys to play her mind-games. However, much to her own dismay and biological predisposition the woman will discard the betas because she doesn't get challenged by these men. It is an eventual self-destructive behavior that takes down any man blinded by lust to follow along.
    learning to write my destiny, with the ink of my own actions

  15. #15
    Senior Member Opaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth/Northern Hemisphere/Land of Low wages & High taxes
    Posts
    1,532
    Reputation
    11024
    Type
    UNAPPEASABLE.

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    Name of the game is frivolous wordplay to weed out the strong minded masculine characteristics and invite spineless cuck boys to play her mind-games.
    Quite right there.

    However, much to her own dismay and biological predisposition the woman will discard the betas because she doesn't get challenged by these men. It is an eventual self-destructive behaviour that takes down any man blinded by lust to follow along
    From my experience, women plate spin, so they compartmentalise. This guy I will have as a good friend to pay for my dinner and taxi home. That other guy, I will fuck when I get the itch.

    Some try to have all these characters in one man, which is impossible really.
    A mother cannot raise a boy to be a man, not because he needs a father figure; but because she favours team vagina over her own son.

    Tradcon women are the most manipulative of all kinds of women, because they infect you with false hope.
    Radfems are your best friend, because they hate you and verbalise it - that's honesty!

    The red pill rage is a process which takes many many years - so be kind and patient with yourself; you will overcome it!

  16. #16
    Senior Member Prophet of Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    214
    Reputation
    665
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Yes. I've heard that phrase mostly outside of the dating world. Another way of saying "have a sense of humor".
    Yeah, she probably saying "have a sense of humour for my neurotically serious mental health problems sucker. Bow down and be my subordinate". She just wants you to be the collateral (damage) for her selfish plans.

    I mean, come on, women are the most neurotic of the species. That rarely means taking things lightly.

  17. #17
    Senior Member WheelBarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Boardwalk
    Posts
    280
    Reputation
    902

    Re: I want a man who doesn't take himself too seriously.

    They're projecting. They want what they're not.
    “Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 13, 2020, 11:12 AM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: May 11, 2017, 9:52 PM
  3. Who says college doesn't pay !!???
    By Abdenour in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 26, 2016, 4:48 PM
  4. 3 marriages and still doesn't learn
    By Hesiod in forum Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: August 2, 2015, 5:34 AM
  5. This guy is MGTOW and probably doesn't even know it.
    By Lester Burnham in forum Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: February 11, 2015, 3:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •