Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
  1. #21
    Member JustaThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    125
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Yep, the current state of affairs is vomit inducing that's for sure. I'm developing a resistance to the feeling though over time and just getting on with things that make me happy. Seems the older you get the less the crap seems to gets you down. Opting out of the madness is as good as we can really do on the whole for society, focusing on making ourselves better and helping out our fellows here can help alleviate the nausea somewhat too.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    591
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewJita View Post
    Yes, but it's getting better. I basically got "Woke" back in '96 at college... So I can tell you that what you are seeing isn't really new. It's just drastically more visible, and therefore widespread. But this is a fad, like any other. I know that's hard to believe, but.. Okay, so back from roughly '77 to '91, hard-rocking hair bands were ALL of the music. ALL of it. There were literally Simp-anthems playing on the radio 24/7. And then in 92', seemingly overnight, it stopped. Grunge and Alternative music replaced it, and they sure weren't singing sappy love songs. And everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Then you had 8 years of Clinton, and everything seemed like a Liberals wet-dream... Then 9/11 happened, and the entire country snapped hardcore republican overnight, and stayed that way for 8 years under George W Bush. Then 8 years of Woke Obama...

    What I'm saying is, that these things run in cycles, and will continue to. What's different now, is that with social media (Twitter and Tiktok in particular) and tabloid news, the full lunacy of the Woke is on display like never before. And the Woke have control of all the institutions and are "Heavy Fist" forcing their ways on everybody. But with all the might of these echo-chambers and Cancel Culture, they are absolutely ignoring the amount of enemies that they are making, often of their old friends. They are eroding their own supporter-base faster than they can replace it, and this trend is accelerating with every single day. Here in about 5-10 years, things are going to swing back in the other direction, and then they are going to have walk-back a jaw-dropping amount of hatred and hubris. They are going to have to "fight" like never before, and with a drastically reduced power-base.

    So yes, the nausea does come... but there is much to be hopeful for.
    I agree things go to a certain extreme and then get wound back. The hair metal/rock analogy is a good one. It got to a stupid extreme where bands that had the look but not the sound were just milking it. There was no passion in it anymore and so grunge took over, still loud guitars, still long hair but a less polished look and sound.

    I think especially with CoVid people are already tiring of PC and everything being racist and sexist etc etc and I think as well that people have seen that the real world will never work the way the SJW's think it will. Not to mention the negative impact Woke has on families and traditional values.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,163
    Reputation
    23977
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScrewJita View Post
    Okay, so back from roughly '77 to '91, hard-rocking hair bands were ALL of the music. ALL of it.
    Dire Straits? The New Romantics? Electronica? The Eurythmics? Spice Girls?

  4. #24

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    If you've ever heard of Rules for Radicals, the state of our society and culture makes a lot of sense. They're forcing us to the Left, knowing that with each backlash our national "center," does indeed move slowly to the Left, as the snapback is a little less with each round. Let's take CRT for example. They went hardcore into that, throwing it into the national curriculum. Now, there's a backlash against it, so they'll dial it back a bit to more acceptable levels. But, this is about the long game. They know our culture is in flux, they know the gen-z is even more liberal than millennials. In about 20 years, CRT won't just be acceptable, it will become the only version of history being taught, and people won't even bat an eye.

    Full socialism (not the utopian, half-socialist half capitalist Scandinavian variety the Left keeps promising) is inevitable. Just install it in bits and pieces. A few rights curtailed here, a little revisionist history here, a smattering of unqualified diversity "first" hires here, new policies there, a few state owned industries here and the next thing you know every institution that we know and understand is gone. It's sad, but predictable. Oh well, countries rise and countries fall. It's not like private corporations have our bests interests at heart. I'm sure plenty of Russians weren't happy when the Bolsheviks seized power. I'm sure plenty of others were sad to see the USSR collapse. I just sit back and laugh. I really love the diversity hire trend, especially in government. "Here's the first transgender female, mixed race person with a learning disability and a doctorate in sociology) put in charge of (insert any government agency here)." I don't care if they're from Alpha Centauri with three arms. If they're at least qualified, then cool. But we don't get qualified do we? No, we get folks like Buttigieg. "He's gay and likes trains," so he'd be a perfect transportation secretary. We'll just ignore the sorry state he left South Bend in. It's more important that we mark off another "first!" I for one love Socialist propaganda with vague platitudes like "Progress!" or "forward!". Towards what? They don't tell you that much, but it sounds awesome!

  5. #25

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by McDudeski McGee View Post
    Socialism is the solution. The right loses despite owning the libs election after election because of ideological hangups about using the state to benefit themselves. The "freedom" fetishism prevents the right from imposing its values and shaping the minds of subsequent generations. That's why we lose ground.

    If we had worker protections against unfair dismissal the woke stuff would be a non-issue. If we taxed the crap out of the rich in principle, billionaires wouldn't be able to bribe politicians to push unpopular things. If we nationalized or at least regulated big tech, they wouldn't be able to deplatform anyone who opposes the toxic vision of a handful of CEOs.

    But nooooo, there are too many idiots still fighting the Cold War, like a Japanese soldier on an island decades after the bomb. It has to stop.
    No offense, the US government doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. They can't run anything effectively. The military used to be an exception to that, but even that's been corrupted. Far more concerned with feelings and inclusion than running an efficient organization. So, you'll forgive me if I don't believe state-run industries will solve our problems. Especially, when the Federal government itself has become a clearinghouse and purveyor of wokeness and socialist ideals. You'd just be trading one form of tyranny (corporate) for another. At least with corporations, you can always take your money elsewhere, or just not consume their product. Once the tyranny is in our national institutions, you'll deeply miss "freedom."

  6. #26

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtow2021 View Post
    Youtube will just use AI to auto delete your comment.
    Dude. I am fighting with anonymous accounts for years.

    If I think like you, then I would never open an account in this forum since GMAIL NEVER send me a confirmation mail*. I don´t give up and used a protonmail.

    Of course, you need some dodge like write "grape", not "rape", say you will murder with the sword of minecraft, not a real gun.

    *And yes, I look at trash, at spam, etc.
    Last edited by Hello_World; November 18, 2021 at 11:43 AM.
    The future is gone, hope is in the past

    Do you want to do great things for the sake of humanity? Oh please, don´t make me laugh.
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/nikola-tesla-death

  7. #27
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,237
    Reputation
    12457
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hello_World View Post
    Dude. I am fighting with anonymous accounts for years.

    If I think like you, then I would never open an account in this forum since GMAIL NEVER send me a confirmation mail*. I don´t give up and used a protonmail.

    Of course, you need some dodge like write "grape", not "rape", say you will murder with the sword of minecraft, not a real gun.

    *And yes, I look at trash, at spam, etc.
    "Orwellian English", learn it, or suffer the horrible consequences!
    Tower's Book of Survival:

    Rule #401. First you eat the dogs, then you eat the dogfood.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,083
    Reputation
    3522
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by McDudeski McGee View Post
    Socialism is the solution.
    Oh dear!

    I’ve mentioned before that you are very well versed and I admire that, but I fear you have been led astray, getting caught up in hype, propaganda and hysteria. Seeing that which you wish to see to give your arguments credibility.

    Personally I see things in, let’s say, more generic terms.

    Socialism seems to say all should be treated equally and given equal opportunities regardless of economic, social, religious or even gender background.

    Seems good doesn’t it?

    Except we aren’t all the same!

    Let’s, for the sake of argument for the moment, keep it to one social class – white middle class Christian men in the West.

    Do they all have the same views politically and even socially? Do they heck!

    But socialism says they should, and any socialist I’ve ever spoken to gets annoyed that they don’t.

    Sorry, did I say annoyed? Make that angry. Angry that those that they purpose to support don’t always agree with them.

    Now expand this outside white, middle class Christian men in the West. How angry do they get then when they can’t control everyone’s sense of idealism?

    Treat everyone the same!

    But…

    Not everyone is the same so how do you treat everyone the same if they don’t act / believe / look the same?

    So…

    Convert the unbelievers!

    But…

    Many will take your conversionist rhetoric and tell you to stick it where the “sun don’t shine”!

    So what then???

    Eventually, the socialist road leads one to believe that those that cannot be converted must be eradicated to ensure all of the survivors think alike!

    Does this ring any bells?

    (Almost every socialist uprising in history has resulted in millions of deaths and the destruction of accumulated knowledge, not to mention fine architecture and artwork – although I just did but what the hell.)

    This is the only way that all people can be treated the same, that we all act and think the same. Drones, or to put it in MGTOW terms: Sheep.

    Such is socialism: Anyone that doesn’t think like “me” must be flawed. Like an infection, wrongful thinking must be cut out and disposed of. The very antipathy of diversity, of thinking for oneself, of GOING YOUR OWN WAY!

    If only we could all get along…

    Bah!

    Let me give you a definition of socialists that won’t be found in any dictionary:

    A bunch of disaffected individuals filled with nothing but hatred for those that seem to have a better life than themselves.

    And this is coming from a guy on the dole (welfare) that barely has a pot to piss in.

  9. #29
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4,237
    Reputation
    12457
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Oh dear!

    I’ve mentioned before that you are very well versed and I admire that, but I fear you have been led astray, getting caught up in hype, propaganda and hysteria. Seeing that which you wish to see to give your arguments credibility.

    Personally I see things in, let’s say, more generic terms.

    Socialism seems to say all should be treated equally and given equal opportunities regardless of economic, social, religious or even gender background.

    Seems good doesn’t it?

    Except we aren’t all the same!

    Let’s, for the sake of argument for the moment, keep it to one social class – white middle class Christian men in the West.

    Do they all have the same views politically and even socially? Do they heck!

    But socialism says they should, and any socialist I’ve ever spoken to gets annoyed that they don’t.

    Sorry, did I say annoyed? Make that angry. Angry that those that they purpose to support don’t always agree with them.

    Now expand this outside white, middle class Christian men in the West. How angry do they get then when they can’t control everyone’s sense of idealism?

    Treat everyone the same!

    But…

    Not everyone is the same so how do you treat everyone the same if they don’t act / believe / look the same?

    So…

    Convert the unbelievers!

    But…

    Many will take your conversionist rhetoric and tell you to stick it where the “sun don’t shine”!

    So what then???

    Eventually, the socialist road leads one to believe that those that cannot be converted must be eradicated to ensure all of the survivors think alike!

    Does this ring any bells?

    (Almost every socialist uprising in history has resulted in millions of deaths and the destruction of accumulated knowledge, not to mention fine architecture and artwork – although I just did but what the hell.)

    This is the only way that all people can be treated the same, that we all act and think the same. Drones, or to put it in MGTOW terms: Sheep.

    Such is socialism: Anyone that doesn’t think like “me” must be flawed. Like an infection, wrongful thinking must be cut out and disposed of. The very antipathy of diversity, of thinking for oneself, of GOING YOUR OWN WAY!

    If only we could all get along…

    Bah!

    Let me give you a definition of socialists that won’t be found in any dictionary:

    A bunch of disaffected individuals filled with nothing but hatred for those that seem to have a better life than themselves.

    And this is coming from a guy on the dole (welfare) that barely has a pot to piss in.
    Tower's Book of Survival:

    Rule #401. First you eat the dogs, then you eat the dogfood.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    23
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Dude: I agree totally. I am old enough to remember when TV's only had like 6 channels in my area and everything shut off around midnight or 1 am. Stores closed at like 9pm for the day. If you didn't buy your stuff before 9pm then too bad. Also people were more genuine and somewhat nicer. I remember rotary dial phones and would like to return to that era. Cars were much less expensive and didn't have all the computer crap on them like today. Women actually were civil and knew their place in society. Also no social media BS like Fakebook, Twitter, etc. I have closed my Fakebook account and don't plan on ever returning. I try not to watch too much TV anymore due to the uncivil garbage that passes for entertainment today. Being MGTOW I don't go out much anymore either except to work and the grocery and church. That's about it. Im happier that way. I dont like people too much anymore which is kinda sad but our society has de-volved so much I just can't stand it much of the time.

  11. #31
    Member FireBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Classifed
    Posts
    48
    Reputation
    75
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    I dont like people too much anymore which is kinda sad but our society has de-volved so much I just can't stand it much of the time.
    If you see Twitter comments about the recent terror attack in Wisconsin you'll completely realize that we are in a barbaric society acting like a civilization.

  12. #32

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by FireBird View Post
    If you see Twitter comments about the recent terror attack in Wisconsin you'll completely realize that we are in a barbaric society acting like a civilization.
    Great video on that very subject- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvrjip3Dz-c

  13. #33

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    I used to. Now I don't care. I was born alone and I will die alone, these are the only two sure things in life, or as the more common saying goes; the only thing in life that's a dead cert is death and taxes.

    Everything in between my birth and my death is just entertainment. As buddhists say; everything is temporary and everything is suffering.

    Modern Society is a fun clown world to watch and honk at. Just don't get too caught up in it. You will die one day and be free of it all.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    443
    Reputation
    591
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by McDudeski McGee View Post
    Socialism is the solution. The right loses despite owning the libs election after election because of ideological hangups about using the state to benefit ourselves. The "freedom" fetishism prevents us from imposing our values and shaping the minds of subsequent generations. That's why we lose ground.

    If we had worker protections against unfair dismissal the woke stuff would be a non-issue. If we taxed the crap out of the rich in principle, billionaires wouldn't be able to bribe politicians to push unpopular things. If we nationalized or at least regulated big tech, they wouldn't be able to deplatform anyone who opposes the toxic vision of a handful of CEOs.

    But nooooo, there are too many people still fighting the Cold War, like a Japanese soldier on an island decades after the bomb. It has to stop.
    I watched a movie recently based during the later stages of the American Civil War. An old Southerner is talking to some of the young rebels and says the war is lost, he goes onto explain that for the South all they want is to live their lives as they wish. For the North though they want to impose their will and their lives on everyone else. I thought that was very telling and I related it to our situation today.

    The Left have infected the schools and are brainwashing people young. They go onto take that poison into every aspect of society. When I was a kid one of the golden rules of polite conversation was never to bring up politics. Now politics is everywhere. You can't escape it. They even get you at work.

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingness View Post
    I used to. Now I don't care. I was born alone and I will die alone, these are the only two sure things in life, or as the more common saying goes; the only thing in life that's a dead cert is death and taxes.

    Everything in between my birth and my death is just entertainment. As buddhists say; everything is temporary and everything is suffering.

    Modern Society is a fun clown world to watch and honk at. Just don't get too caught up in it. You will die one day and be free of it all.
    That's how I see it. All these people trying to influence and play for power and money or whatever. Who cares. We all end up dead in the end. Whatever they think they are trying to achieve will be undone/reversed by the coming generations.

    I think of all the soldiers who died fighting wars. How would they feel knowing that the freedoms they thought they were fighting for now extend to people changing their genders or women screwing over their great grandsons?

    Some will call it Nihilism but I call it true freedom. Just spend your time doing what you want to do and what makes you happy. Don't get caught up in their bullshit games.

  15. #35

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by McDudeski McGee View Post
    Socialism is the solution. The right loses despite owning the libs election after election because of ideological hangups about using the state to benefit ourselves. The "freedom" fetishism prevents us from imposing our values and shaping the minds of subsequent generations. That's why we lose ground.
    I'm not sure that I completely agree with the socialism angle. But it is true that the American right just never had the ideological tools to defend itself against encroaching Marxism. Conservatives never gaf about conserving anything that actually matters. Back in the Eighties, it shouldn't have made a damn bit of difference what the tax rate was considering that divorce was starting to run rampant through suburbia.

    It would've been nice if the culture of conservatism back in the Eighties and Nineties included the philosophical willingness to use the state to save the institutions that were the foundation of society so as to make the destruction of those institutions impossible.

    The ship has sailed on those issues at this point. And to be fair, conservatives using the organs of the state to impose their will back then might not have changed the outcome we're facing now. But it certainly would've changed the odds.

    Incidentally, I would be remiss in not mentioning the fact that elected Republicans never wanted to fight those battles in the first place. When it comes to the conservative platform, GOP officials never cared about the social issues of prime interest to their voters. They threw the fight on all of those things so that they could get back to debating idiotic bullshit like tax cuts for zillionaires.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,083
    Reputation
    3522
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    I can’t really comment that much on what has been happening in the U.S. as I’ve never lived there and only take a passing interest.

    You say “conservatism”. Hmm. I prefer the term “capitalism”. These days they seem synonymous but there is a difference.

    After speaking out so strongly against socialism, I think it only fair that I do the same about capitalism.

    Capitalism doesn’t give a damn about anyone or anything.

    Not giving a damn is just as bad as being over-controlling.

    Let the hospitals, the schools, the infrastructure, the transport systems etc. go to hell if there’s no financial profit in it.

    This is O.K. when it comes to the individual investor considering an individual project, but when these systems fail the whole of society suffers leaving it more difficult for future investment.

    There are greedy bastards out there that don’t give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves and their own social standing. They’re a bunch of egotistical shitheads that don’t deserve our attention any more than anyone else.


    I’m filled with a sense of duplicity about the whole political environment today. I’m on both sides and neither.

    This sounds like confusion of right and wrong, but really it comes down to neither side is fully right or wrong.

    Let me give a few examples:

    No-one should be denied quality, necessary medical treatment based on their ability to pay for it; but no-one should be denied the right to seek the best medical treatment they can afford.

    No-one should be denied a sound education based on their ability to pay for it; but no-one should be denied the right to hire private tutorship.

    People that live in the sticks should have just as good a public transportation system as those that live in the major cities. In the cities the capitalist system can justify it through profits – fair enough, but in the sticks it’s up to government to pick up the slack that capitalism can’t provide.

    I’m sure others can add more to this list and add other comments that are welcome.

    From my POV this is not about which side of the fence you sit on.

    I have no fence!

  17. #37

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post

    I’m filled with a sense of duplicity about the whole political environment today. I’m on both sides and neither.
    Here's the thing- on paper, the US is a constitutional presidential republic. In reality, it's an oligarchy. The political class and by extension the wealthy "elite" have created a self serving system. Big money fuels politics, politicians can insider trade with no repercussions, they control the national purse strings and they can vote themselves pay raises. The people are little better than money cows, working and paying taxes. They do a fantastic job, in sync with major media outlets at convincing the average person that politics is a team sport. Your side only wins if the other loses. They encourage extremism and an "us vs them" mentality. The current state of hatred and mistrust between the urban and rural classes is exactly what DC has been angling for.

    I love freedom, and I still prefer capitalism compared to true socialism. But the real political dynamic is not red vs blue (republican vs democrat), but Americans vs the political class and their corporate backers. There's not a single politician I trust on the national level and frankly I see no point in voting for any of them. Doesn't matter anyway, I don't live in a swing state.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,083
    Reputation
    3522
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    The political class and by extension the wealthy "elite" have created a self serving system. Big money fuels politics, politicians can insider trade with no repercussions, they control the national purse strings and they can vote themselves pay raises.
    It’s the same here in Ireland.

    A few years ago we had a “scandal” about “brown envelopes.”

    The symbolism of it was that brown envelopes stuffed with money were being passed under the table from business interests to politicians during dinners paid for by the businessmen in order to secure votes.

    The scandal has passed, such is the day to day nature of the media, but the problem remains.

    I could list a whole host of problems here that stink of corruption at the highest levels, but really what’s the point.

    If one believes that politicians have any kind of morality they need to have a good hard think for themselves.

  19. #39

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    It’s the same here in Ireland.

    A few years ago we had a “scandal” about “brown envelopes.”

    The symbolism of it was that brown envelopes stuffed with money were being passed under the table from business interests to politicians during dinners paid for by the businessmen in order to secure votes.

    The scandal has passed, such is the day to day nature of the media, but the problem remains.

    I could list a whole host of problems here that stink of corruption at the highest levels, but really what’s the point.

    If one believes that politicians have any kind of morality they need to have a good hard think for themselves.
    Exactly. Money is king, and US politics is awash in it. There's a great video by NYT on democrat hypocrisy. Say one thing, do another. Let's just use Pelosi as an example. How could someone like her possibly relate to an average person? She has a vineyard. She just bought a $25 million hour in Florida (so much for sea level rise). She travels on our dime. She drinks and eats on our dime. She and her husband engage in insider trading that would get any of us arrested or at least heavily fined.

    Here's the video on Democrats and their useful idiot voters. I hope they do a GOP one too, so people can see the truth about our political class.

    https://youtu.be/hNDgcjVGHIw

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    2,083
    Reputation
    3522
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Does anybody else feel physically ill thinking about Modern Society?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toolband89 View Post
    Exactly. Money is king, and US politics is awash in it. There's a great video by NYT on democrat hypocrisy. Say one thing, do another. Let's just use Pelosi as an example. How could someone like her possibly relate to an average person? She has a vineyard. She just bought a $25 million hour in Florida (so much for sea level rise). She travels on our dime. She drinks and eats on our dime. She and her husband engage in insider trading that would get any of us arrested or at least heavily fined.

    Here's the video on Democrats and their useful idiot voters. I hope they do a GOP one too, so people can see the truth about our political class.

    https://youtu.be/hNDgcjVGHIw
    I like what you say, but the vid you linked to I had to turn off after about 10 mins and I only watched it that long in case I was mistaking his viewpoint.

    There are homeless. That's wrong and I get that, but tenement buildings can't be the answer.

    O.K. they get many more off the streets and that's a good thing, but they have a tendency to become dens of iniquity. I realise that this is a generalisation but it's the truth.

    Even if they are populated by mostly "good" people, they then become trapped in their homes through fear of the detrimental element in society. It is a downward spiral.

    And to put such buildings in areas designated as low occupancy dwellings is to make a mockery out of any type of planning laws.

    But hey, what to I know. Maybe we should all live in high-rises - because that's what this type of thinking will eventually lead to.


Similar Threads

  1. Truest thing about modern day society
    By FireBird in forum Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 5, 2021, 7:41 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 22, 2021, 6:47 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 11, 2017, 10:01 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10, 2016, 11:21 PM
  5. Musings on women and modern society
    By ian2211 in forum Philosophize
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 26, 2015, 11:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •