Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    96
    Reputation
    760
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Women are a drug, literally. You get high off their pheromones. It sounds like you are coming off the drug and exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. I am certain that men absolutely do not need sex.

    I have had my share of sex and now I am committed to celibacy for life, and I have never felt so much at peace with myself. The thought of inserting my genitals inside a disease-ridden petridish of a used up coomhole appeals to me so little that I would even pay a subscription to never have to have sex again.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,320
    Reputation
    5533

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    This society has supersaturated everyone with sex in every way possible (ask yourself why). The question is how much of this has influenced us. I think there is power in being just as content, regardless of whether you get what you want / need, or not. Regardless of whether you think you need it, or whether it has biological and mental advantages, being too attached to anything will always cause discontent.

    Which would benefit one more? Being content stuck in a tiny room, and being content on a sunny beach surrounded by beautiful women.....or only being able to be content on the sunny beach.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

  3. #23
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    990
    Reputation
    4650
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #24
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    990
    Reputation
    4650
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by UnFucked View Post
    Women are a drug, literally. You get high off their pheromones. It sounds like you are coming off the drug and exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. I am certain that men absolutely do not need sex.

    I have had my share of sex and now I am committed to celibacy for life, and I have never felt so much at peace with myself. The thought of inserting my genitals inside a disease-ridden petridish of a used up coomhole appeals to me so little that I would even pay a subscription to never have to have sex again.
    Women aren't a drug at all. Drugs can be fun! But in all seriousness, you really don't like women. You like what they represent. As men we like TAP(Tits.Ass.Pussy). Take all that away. What do they have? Nothing. I will say it until I am a damn worm buffet. STOP PUTTING WOMEN ON A DAMN PEDESTAL. THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LOOK DOWN ON YOU! Treat them like you would a man. Be respectful but no special rules. Thats the problem. Men put pussy on a pedestal and give it special rules then wonder why they get treated like shit.

  5. #25
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,139
    Reputation
    9062
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by MGTOWFOREVER View Post
    Women aren't a drug at all. Drugs can be fun! But in all seriousness, you really don't like women. You like what they represent. As men we like TAP(Tits.Ass.Pussy). Take all that away. What do they have? Nothing. I will say it until I am a damn worm buffet. STOP PUTTING WOMEN ON A DAMN PEDESTAL. THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LOOK DOWN ON YOU! Treat them like you would a man. Be respectful but no special rules. Thats the problem. Men put pussy on a pedestal and give it special rules then wonder why they get treated like shit.
    Special rules for shit-test fools!

    Pedestals are used by fools in the practice and perfection of idolatry! It becomes their deity and what they worship!
    MGTOW, defined:

    A place and time (where and when) the road to modern man's perdition ends abruptly and permanently.

  6. #26
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,452
    Reputation
    15279
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by UnFucked View Post
    Women are a drug, literally. You get high off their pheromones. It sounds like you are coming off the drug and exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. I am certain that men absolutely do not need sex.
    Wrong. The exact opposite. Read my posts about the health benefits of sex - to the immune system, to lowering cortisol, ; once you read those, you'd know it's more of a vitamin than a drug in terms of beneficial health qualities. If you can't find my posts, try this as a starter:

    https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationsh...x-and-health#1

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).
    *If you're on Twitter, follow me: MGTOW_Jagr

  7. #27
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    474
    Reputation
    1278
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    Wrong. The exact opposite. Read my posts about the health benefits of sex - to the immune system, to lowering cortisol, ; once you read those, you'd know it's more of a vitamin than a drug in terms of beneficial health qualities. If you can't find my posts, try this as a starter:

    https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationsh...x-and-health#1
    Are those benefits of sex or the benefits of orgasm ? I will be skeptical of any data which says "sex, not masturbation" without explaining or atleast giving a hypothesis of why is that so. I am not skeptic because I think that it might be wrong, but because it might be incomplete. If there is a difference between the effects/benefits of masturbation vs those of sex, then how exactly our body and subconscious mind differentiates between the two (conscious mind, of course, can differentiate).

    Eg, that site you linked talks about better immune system. How ? Does the fluids getting transferred between two partners is being converted to white blood cells or something ? Most likely not, there is something else going on. Something is triggering something, which is triggering something else in turn, which eventually is ending up boosting the immune system, ASSUMING that what is written there is honestly reported and not a propaganda, and also ASSUMING that the data they collected from, had no inherent bias with them. There are several textbooks on the subject on how biases in data can skew the conclusions.

    Similar is the case with blood pressure. I never had any sexual relationships, mostly because I am unable to form any kind of intimate relationship with anyone, not just sexual. I neither need it, nor want it. But I do have a solid need to help myself atleast once a day or two, otherwise I will start show the very same effects you listed in your opening post. But my blood pressure is almost always normal, and that too with mostly sedentary lifestyle, even if that website makes it a very clear point: sex, not masturbation. The counter evidence for me is myself.

    I can go on and on about all the other things that are said there, but I hope I made my point clear. There is a problem with these kinds of "sex benefits" data. Maybe its more accurate to say that the benefits are because of orgasm + some emotional attachment. That being said, there IS a problem with sex, economic problem. Its a resource, which requires SOME time spent on it, even if you are top 0.001% alpha. Compare it to a resource like oxygen, which you can acquire while doing something else. The sex should give enough benefits, on its own, to offset the time, money and energy put into it.

    And in your situation, its exactly what happened, suddenly the cost became too high. If you break quarantine, you will come into conflict with law enforcement. And this cost is high enough to make you give up the potential benefit. And I think this is the point UnFucked was trying to make when he called it a drug. Not because its harmful or beneficial (many drugs are both), its because it has the potential to result in extremely high cost for any supposed benefits its bringing in, and yet men (most of them, based on what I read here), cant function 100% without it.
    Last edited by rkspsm; April 8, 2020 at 12:41 PM.
    "Truth is enough." - Curt Doolittle
    "Truth, and violence to enforce it." - Eli Harman

  8. #28
    Senior Member Opaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth/Northern Hemisphere/Land of Low wages & High taxes
    Posts
    1,437
    Reputation
    10880
    Type
    UNAPPEASABLE.

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    I think a lot of MGTOW see sex as a power imbalance, where the women has too much leverage, and since they find that annoying, they begin to find a way to play down its' benefits.

    You don't need statistics, or peer reviewed journals to tell you that sex is highly beneficial.

    Now I will agree that sex, when leveraged is really bad for the man; especially a below average man like me. But I am not going to deny the benefits of sex just because I can't get it easily.

    But to declare sex a drug that is almost always un-beneficial sounds to me like there is some bias going on.

    Don't get me wrong, I am a strong advocate of masturbation if a woman you are dating is not opening up her legs, or leading you on.
    A mother cannot raise a boy to be a man, not because he needs a father figure; but because she favours team vagina over her own son.

    Tradcon women are the most manipulative of all kinds of women, because they infect you with false hope.
    Radfems are your best friend, because they hate you and verbalise it - that's honesty!

    The red pill rage is a process which takes many many years - so be kind and patient with yourself; you will overcome it!

  9. #29
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    474
    Reputation
    1278
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I think a lot of MGTOW see sex as a power imbalance, where the women has too much leverage, and since they find that annoying, they begin to find a way to play down its' benefits.

    You don't need statistics, or peer reviewed journals to tell you that sex is highly beneficial.

    Now I will agree that sex, when leveraged is really bad for the man; especially a below average man like me. But I am not going to deny the benefits of sex just because I can't get it easily.

    But to declare sex a drug that is almost always un-beneficial sounds to me like there is some bias going on.

    Don't get me wrong, I am a strong advocate of masturbation if a woman you are dating is not opening up her legs, or leading you on.
    Yes sex IS a power imbalance, this is actually the point I wanted to make. Between a man and a woman, sex has as much or as little power, as the man's need for it.

    Sex can have lots of benefits, but when someone starts saying that "sex but not masturbation", then they are very likely stepping into the murky territory of either propaganda or just personal bias. And this "sex but not masturbation" is mentioned explicitly on that webmd link. But the problems of sex in economic terms can be empirically demonstrated. The power imbalance you speak of, is nothing but that only. You give power over yourself to someone else, as a payment, to get something you need. You, and only you, can justify the cost. If you find that the benefit is worthwhile, go for it, but you can justify only for yourself.

    Many of the symptoms Jagr mentioned in his opening post, can occur not just by not getting sex, but by not getting anything you want really badly. If you are hungry and not getting food, if you are thirsty and not getting water, if you want to pee but cant find a toilet... you will have bad temper, you wont feel like doing anything, and many other things. So can we say that benefits of peeing is lower blood pressure ? No. Thats a benefit of not having constant anxiety or depression from not having something you really want, which is most likely in this case.

    On a side note, its actually hilarious, atleast for me, when I see women fumbling over something they cannot understand when it comes to sex and relationship. In my case, its the fact that they have no power over me. If they are not above me in some organizational hierarchy, I have no obligation to make interesting conversation, or to even show any interest. I can look at my watch or look outside the window, to signal them that they are being annoying and I need to go. The power imbalance, if completely eliminated, is entertaining (for few seconds atleast, before I get really annoyed).
    "Truth is enough." - Curt Doolittle
    "Truth, and violence to enforce it." - Eli Harman

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    2705
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    Wrong. The exact opposite. Read my posts about the health benefits of sex - to the immune system, to lowering cortisol, ; once you read those, you'd know it's more of a vitamin than a drug in terms of beneficial health qualities. If you can't find my posts, try this as a starter:

    https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationsh...x-and-health#1
    From the link:

    2. Boosts Your Libido

    Longing for a more lively sex life? “Having sex will make sex better and will improve your libido,” says Lauren Streicher, MD. She is an assistant clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago.

    For women, having sex ups vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity, she says, all of which make sex feel better and help you crave more of it.
    So, the more you have the more you crave! Sounds similar to addiction to me.

    I would also point out that a professional that says stupid, meaningless shit like “having sex will make sex better” doesn’t really deserve to be taken that seriously.

    One last thing, sure there may be benefits to having sex but in order to put those benefits into any type of perspective it is necessary to look at the disadvantages too. The argument put forward here is completely one-sided and as such should be viewed with suspicion.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  11. #31

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Regarding sex vs masturbation; Here's some food for thought on just one aspect of it:

    Humans are pack animals (not herd animals, pack animals), which means we have very deeply embedded psychology regarding our status within the pack. I've heard it called a person's "Inner Gorilla". It keeps track of where it thinks we are in the pack hierarchy, and encourages us to behave accordingly. If it thinks we're low status, it encourages us to be submissive and un-confident. If it thinks we're high-status, the opposite. In my view, whilst we can understand the Inner Gorilla, and observe it, and react as best we can to it, not letting it dominate us, we don't have a choice about it whether or not it exists. The Inner Gorilla is far from the only source of how we view ourselves, but its not something we can decide we don't have in the same way we can't each decide to be a foot taller than we are.

    In the dynamic in which humans evolved, a male's status was directly correlated with access to sex, as it is for most mammals. If a male was low status, no sex for him. Starting from this premise:


    1. Each man's Inner Gorilla is tracking if he is getting sex (and a number of other things, e.g. how often he lets people walk all other him etc) and influencing the way the man feels and thus behaves accordingly.
    2. Then the key question is what the Inner Gorilla can tell is sex:
      1. Does he think masturbating is sex? Having masturbated plenty in my life and having known men who do, I think this doesn't fool the Inner Gorilla into thinking we have access to sex.
      2. Does he know if we've paid for sex?
      3. How does he rate sex given begrudgingly be a wife or gf who barely engages?
      4. Does he know the difference between a real woman and a doll?


    Answering these questions is tricky and maybe the answers vary from one man to the other. Broadly though, from my own experiences there is a spectrum: ranging from just masturbating (giving no self-image boost) to on-demand, high quality sex with various beautiful women (generally only available to Chad; a big boost to self-image).

    Separately:

    What risks and downsides sex represents is separate to its benefits. Of course both must be evaluated to determine whether sex is worth it (for any given option), but there being risks doesn't mean there are no benefits and vice-versa. Its still worth noting of course that in modern society, the vast majority of ways of getting sex aren't worth the overall costs. However, there are maybe exceptions.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    2705
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by suspiciouscrow View Post
    Answering these questions is tricky and maybe the answers vary from one man to the other. Broadly though, from my own experiences there is a spectrum: ranging from just masturbating (giving no self-image boost) to on-demand, high quality sex with various beautiful women (generally only available to Chad; a big boost to self-image).
    In fact, masturbation often has just the opposite effect. Society instills the notion that masturbation is wrong and is only used by those that are unable to obtain full sexual gratification. Bollox!

    On top of that try calling a man a wanker and see where that gets you. The whole notion of masturbation is to be ridiculed on every level.

    I wonder where this notion comes from. Could it possibly be from the wymminz that hate the thought that their one commodity might end up being undervalued? Make sure they (men) understand that the only acceptable form of sexual gratification is us (women).

    Round 'em up & rope 'em in, then we can strip 'em bare!

    Sex IMO is waaayyyyyy overvalued. Sure it's enjoyable, but then again so is a good meal and I wouldn't risk my future for any meal no matter how good it tastes at the time.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  13. #33
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,452
    Reputation
    15279
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rkspsm View Post
    Are those benefits of sex or the benefits of orgasm ? I will be skeptical of any data which says "sex, not masturbation" without explaining or atleast giving a hypothesis of why is that so....

    Eg, that site you linked talks about better immune system. How ? Does the fluids getting transferred between two partners is being converted to white blood cells or something ?
    This is just a wall of text that manages to be extremely lazy. The information is out there but you refuse to look it up. You want people to spoonfeed you the information. Honestly I don't really respect people who try to argue that way. Here is just one study that shows advantages of penis-vaginal sex over masturbation- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15961213 . There are others- go do the work.

    Even putting that aside, yes I would trust a health expert and their review of the literature over someone on the Internet without a medical background. So their commentary - where he specifically mentions sex is more beneficial than masturbation is more convincing than just anyone posting their opinions. Finally, I have experienced the benefits in my own personal life - comparing stress responses for example when I'm having sex versus not. In contrast, it seems you may not have had a comparison point- which is fine- but it would be harder to gauge.

    Don't just argue against something out of coping/ego. I'm not judging those who are going without sex - at all; or making any kind of character evaluation. I'm taking note of something that is important if it indeed has these health consequences- which for the reasons I've mentioned, it seems to.
    Last edited by jagrmeister; April 10, 2020 at 5:31 AM.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).
    *If you're on Twitter, follow me: MGTOW_Jagr

  14. #34
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,452
    Reputation
    15279
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by suspiciouscrow View Post
    Regarding sex vs masturbation; Here's some food for thought on just one aspect of it:

    Humans are pack animals (not herd animals, pack animals), which means we have very deeply embedded psychology regarding our status within the pack. I've heard it called a person's "Inner Gorilla". ....
    Good analysis. It does seem that confidence and risk-taking does seem related to some kind of inventory-taking internal to the brain of one's status, and we are biologically hardwired to include sexual activity as one component of that. That kind of feedback loop in the brain would be adaptive to survival because a low-status individual trying to lead or cajole the group to do something could result in serious consequence.

    There is much happening at a psychological level that we cannot disregard: even simple experience seems to show. In the past, I believe I posted psych studies, not just physical changes from sex; but it's been a few years- I trust they are out there. It's not an accident that psychologists recommend two things consistently to those suffering from clinical depression- exercise and sex. Both are related to our prime directives as humans- to survive and procreate.

    To your point, we should also take note of the negatives of sex, including paid sex/one-night stands, where as just one example, there is a very real psychological impact of two people going their separate ways after being intimate- which can be jarring, certainly more so initially.

    Anyway, I did want to point out your post as a model of how we should think about this kind of thing in an analytical way.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).
    *If you're on Twitter, follow me: MGTOW_Jagr

  15. #35
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,139
    Reputation
    9062
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rkspsm View Post
    Haha ! A bad boy on the internet ! I cant even give a dead rat's stinkin rear end about whether you respect me or not.



    Coping and ego ?!? Dude, nobody cares ! Go ahead, judge as much as you want !!
    MGTOW, defined:

    A place and time (where and when) the road to modern man's perdition ends abruptly and permanently.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    993
    Reputation
    2705
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    With all due respect jagr any posting on a MGTOW site extolling the virtues of sex is bound to grab attention.

    Personally it feels like someone trying to corral me back to the ranch. But in the interests of fairness I decided to do a (very) small amount of research myself.

    What I found was walls of text spouting the merits of sex without much actual data to back up their claims, only references to other studies which gave references to even more studies. In other words, opinions! Furthermore, many of the supposed merits depend on the notion that PVI (Penis-Vaginal Intercourse) is desirable (e.g. mental health).

    If one has a desire or maybe even a psychological need for PVI then of course it’s going to cause issues if you can’t get it. This does not mean that the act itself is beneficial, only that obtaining those things that are important to you is beneficial.

    On top of that many of the ‘opinions’ are extremely slave-farm oriented.

    Here’s an example of what I mean:

    https://www.healthline.com/health/he...efits#celibacy

    Studies suggest that sexual activity (defined as PVI) may correlate with:


    • increased satisfaction with your mental health
    You believe you’re in better mental health? Sounds like feelz to me.

    • increased levels of trust, intimacy, and love in your relationships
    Assumes an interest in romantic relationships! For non-romantic relationships the only valid point is trust. I base my trust in an individual on his or her merits and I don’t want anything fucking with that. Feminine thinking for sure.

    • improved ability to perceive, identify, and express emotions
    Be more in touch with your feminine side!

    • lessened use of your immature psychological defense mechanism, or the mental processes to reduce distress from emotional conflict
    I admit I had to look that one up. From its source material:

    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...9.2009.01677.x

    Immature Psychological Defense Mechanisms

    Psychological defenses are processes, generally operating outside awareness, that reduce distress caused by emotional conflict. Immature (maladaptive) defense mechanisms involve a distortion of reality and/or impairment of awareness, and they are associated with a variety of indices of poorer mental health and relatedness, including psychological immaturity and lesser ability to relate intimately with the opposite sex 24, 25. Immature defense mechanisms are associated with a variety of psychiatric disorders 26-29. According to early psychoanalytic theories, psychological immaturity (psychosexual immaturity, with its concomitant greater use of immature defense mechanisms) could lead to inhibition of frequency and appreciation (including vaginal orgasm) of PVI in favor of other or no sexual behaviors, with noxious consequences for mental health and intimate relationships.

    So, a “lesser ability to relate intimately with the opposite sex” is a “distortion of reality and/or impairment of awareness” and an “inhibition of frequency and appreciation (of sex)” is “noxious”. Quick lads, get back on that farm!!!

    The assumption seems to be that sex is desirable and has inherent value and they are going to justify this assumption by pointing to immeasurable criteria (feelz). IMO engaging in any activity you find desirable is likely to be beneficial to your state of mind and not engaging in the same activity is likely to be detrimental, the level of benefit/detriment being proportional to the level of desire.

    What you need to remember is that most of these ‘studies’ are carried out in universities and colleges, the breeding ground for feminists and their mangina lackies – Blue Pill H.Q. – and as such everything you read or hear from such people with regards relationships (which includes sexual activity) should be viewed in this context.

    In fact the only things I found interesting were with regards to the physical benefits and even then they are mostly better attained by a good workout. The one that caught my eye though was what they had to say about prostate cancer. But even here the evidence is unclear:

    I'm writing a new "prescription" for my patients these days: Have more sex with your partner. Evidence continues to accumulate that suggests sexual activity lowers men's prostate cancer risk.

    New research supporting this notion is now attracting a lot of attention: Analyzing questionnaires from more than 3,200 men, Canadian scientists found that men who have sex with more than 20 women — rather than just one partner over a lifetime — is linked with a 28 percent drop in the odds of one day being diagnosed with prostate cancer.
    Source: https://www.livescience.com/48858-li...te-cancer.html

    So, is the act of having sex beneficial? If it only applies to those that have had multiple partners maybe there’s something else going on. Or maybe those at less risk of prostate cancer for some reason are more likely to have multiple partners. Unlikely I admit but causality needs investigating here.

    In conclusion

    It would seem that most of the ‘benefits’ of full intercourse depend on your attitude. If one desires sex then having sex has positive emotional results, well there’s a surprise.

    I have absolutely no problem with anyone that partakes in full intercourse, why the hell would I? But speaking for myself, and only myself, while sex is an enjoyable activity (or at least it used to be) the emotional (relationship problems, fear of STDs etc.) and financial downsides far outweigh the emotional upsides.

    As for the physical benefits – go out for a jog, it’s more beneficial and carries less baggage.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  17. #37
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,452
    Reputation
    15279
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    >With all due respect jagr any posting on a MGTOW site extolling the virtues of sex is bound to grab attention.

    I have to make clear - and we decided this as mods WAY back in the beginning for GYOW that MGTOW and Incel are NOT the same thing. Their way is not our way. MGTOW is a choice- a fork in the road and you decide to go your own way. If one is incel, there never was a choice. (to be clear, Abstinence is not the same as Incel; abstinence is a part of MGTOW- although there will always be debates on the merits vis-a-vis sexual activity).

    I'm happy to have a discussion but it's important to read, follow the logical thread, respond to facts given; not simply deny, change the subject, or throw stuff on the wall and see what sticks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post

    Here’s an example of what I mean:

    https://www.healthline.com/health/he...efits#celibacy


    You believe you’re in better mental health? Sounds like feelz to me.
    In order to rebut my claims, you cited an article OTHER than the two I posted. This is a good example of not following the logical thread. You are creating a strawman by citing articles I never did to make the point. Read the NIH study I posted and respond to that. That would be productive discourse at least.

    The rest of your post is frankly claiming science is not what it claims to be because wimminz & feminism.

    Even if you take one of the key studies referenced:
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...9.01677.x#ss41

    Overall I agree that IPD is not an ideal concept to use; it is not a critical part of the studies mentioned.

    Read the other studies mentioned:

    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...9.2009.01303.x

    Results. For both sexes, multivariate analyses revealed that PVI frequency was directly associated with all satisfaction measures (part correlation = 0.50 with sexual satisfaction), masturbation frequency was independently inversely associated with almost all satisfaction measures,

    Conclusions. The results are consistent with evidence that specifically PVI frequency, rather than other sexual activities, is associated with sexual satisfaction, health, and well‐being. Inverse associations between satisfaction and masturbation are not due simply to insufficient PVI
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01541871

    ....This study explores the relationship between male sexual behavior and personality factors, as measured by the MMPI and Sensation Seeking Scale.... Subjects kept a daily record of sexual behaviors. Frequency of these behaviors was correlated with MMPI and Sensation Seeking (SSS) subscales. Results indicate that both introversion and depression show significant correlations with autoerotic stimulation and arousal, but not with heterosexual activity.
    The information is conclusive and scientific. The only way you could avoid it is if you were trying to.
    Last edited by jagrmeister; April 10, 2020 at 5:55 AM.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).
    *If you're on Twitter, follow me: MGTOW_Jagr

  18. #38
    Senior Member Opaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth/Northern Hemisphere/Land of Low wages & High taxes
    Posts
    1,437
    Reputation
    10880
    Type
    UNAPPEASABLE.

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    . It's not an accident that psychologists recommend two things consistently to those suffering from clinical depression- exercise and sex. Both are related to our prime directives as humans- to survive and procreate.
    This point cannot be overstated. The most common reason for depression you find in people is because they don't exercise or have sex regularly. The benefits are undeniable. Sex is a life drive; you just cannot overlook this.

    To your point, we should also take note of the negatives of sex, including paid sex/one-night stands, where as just one example, there is a very real psychological impact of two people going their separate ways after being intimate- which can be jarring, certainly more so initially.
    This one I am more skeptical of Jagr. To my knowledge, even though I come from a very conservative Middle Eastern background; I have recently realised that the so called ''impact'' of free love is actually socialised. People get socialised into thinking sex is a big deal; through religious myths etc, and are unable to open themselves up to enjoying sex freely and spontaneously. This is how it should; in the state of nature. Sex should be enjoyed, as much as possible, with as many people as possible. And in the state of nature, there shouldn't be any exclusivity involved.

    On a more general note, many MGTOW don't like to admit the importance of sex, because they often have a tense and complicated relationship with women. I am one of those MGTOW who is ugly and below average; but I can for sure say that sex and exercise are important; and I would add on top of this list gainful and intellectually stimulating employment.

    Without those three things, it is difficult to live a fully satisfying life.

    If however, said MGTOW is unable or unwilling to engage in sex and relationships for whatever reason, then he has my full support and backing as well. I don't judge any MGTOW for choosing how he responds to the gynocracy.
    A mother cannot raise a boy to be a man, not because he needs a father figure; but because she favours team vagina over her own son.

    Tradcon women are the most manipulative of all kinds of women, because they infect you with false hope.
    Radfems are your best friend, because they hate you and verbalise it - that's honesty!

    The red pill rage is a process which takes many many years - so be kind and patient with yourself; you will overcome it!

  19. #39
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    2,139
    Reputation
    9062
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by rkspsm View Post
    I still miss the birds, trees and squirrels...
    I hate when I miss the squirrels too! It means my scope is off, after all, they do stand perfectly still like you're taking their picture.
    MGTOW, defined:

    A place and time (where and when) the road to modern man's perdition ends abruptly and permanently.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Knarley Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Kandiyohi County, Minnesota
    Posts
    554
    Reputation
    2515
    Type
    Toxic old fart

    Re: Covid-19 One Month In- The Effect of No Sex

    It's all in the mind.take placebo meds. For example, for some people they work, for others they don't.
    If you convince your self it's better, it most likely will be, for you.
    I have noticed if I'm "Tossing off" to a magazine/video, I get a whole lot more cooperation. And there IS a medical benefit....my dick don't fall off.
    As soon as she says "I do", she don't
    MOLON LABE......."Come take them"


Similar Threads

  1. Question about COVID infection data collection
    By Faramir in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 8, 2020, 2:30 PM
  2. The Snoball effect
    By The_Joker in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 16, 2015, 2:02 PM
  3. Halo Effect
    By Victor in forum Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 14, 2015, 11:55 AM
  4. Science guys: Is there an effect on the human body by the Coriolis Effect?
    By Chairborne in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 13, 2014, 4:28 PM
  5. The Chameleon Effect
    By kshtryaa in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 3, 2014, 5:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •