Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Burning out.

  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bumfuck, Egypt
    Posts
    3,924
    Reputation
    11895
    Type
    Ghost

    Burning out.

    But life's funny, and treasure turns to trash.
    First comes the rush, and then comes the crash.

    Jo Jo Gunne, Be careful what you wish for.

    Though usually a middle aged thing, I suppose anyone could burn out. But young people have too much energy to burn out and geezers don't care. Most of what I saw was from work, with plantation jobs running a close second. As a low rank gov puke working for Smokey Bear, there was a lot of burnout. It affected most everyone to some degree. As a rookie I remember walking the halls and thinking "that'll never happen to me." Right, What an idiot. The only question is, how much will it affect you?

    The strangest thing about burning out is that the burnee is usually the last one to see it. Part of the reason is your attitude doesn't go bad at a steady rate. For a long time, things won't bother you, but everyone has a limit, and a lousy job or a bad boss will eventually get to you. Sooner or later you just want it to be over.

    If it's a career you don't like anymore, and you still have years to go, well then it sucks to be you. But most people didn't have that long to wait till retirement, least where I was. If it's a bad relationship doing you, then you got a decision to make.

    My guess is burnout is why Unboxxed has dropped off the radar. For how many years now he's been guarding the gates and didn't give a damn how hard or hopeless the job became. He probably see's all that work as a sucker move now and wish's he hadn't. I hope he does not, the place wouldn't have lasted near this long without him.

    It wouldn't surprise me if Jag and Wombat aren't a little sick of it all too. Every year it's another class of Sophomore MGTOW's who just discovered Walt Disney's been lying all along, and too many of them just signed up to stir the shit. It's one thing to read their crap for free, it's probably another when you're footing the bill.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    21
    Reputation
    40
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Burning out.

    So burn out? Go off grid, go live by yourself, never access the internet, and enjoy living by yourself in nature.

    If others are not prepared to be leaders than they can burn out too. MGTOW is not a movement that will change anything because it has no leaders. No one is either willing or brave enough to deal with what that means. That's neither here nor there. Just enjoy burning out and hopefully you change for the better.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    495
    Reputation
    1234
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    So burn out? Go off grid, go live by yourself, never access the internet, and enjoy living by yourself in nature.

    If others are not prepared to be leaders than they can burn out too. MGTOW is not a movement that will change anything because it has no leaders. No one is either willing or brave enough to deal with what that means. That's neither here nor there. Just enjoy burning out and hopefully you change for the better.
    For people living in the modern world (all of us) I think this isolation strategy would be good. Get far away from the rat race and expectations...no news other than maybe a newspaper, no social media, no phone/computer...maybe a radio. Bring some books, maybe some sort of wood working project, puzzles, painting stuff. Remember how the main character in Breaking Bad lived when he was busted and went into isolation in a New Hampshire cabin? Live like that. Might be good for our mental health to do 3 months out of the year EVERY year.

    Perhaps we will start seeing people making money in some way from marketing ways to disconnect.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    1,579
    Reputation
    3783
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Burning out.

    I am burned out at work and it is due to constant kicks in the gut over the years. No reward no point nothing. It does burn one out, even so I can deal with it if they just let me sit there and do my job. I don't want to hear their promises for a better future or their offers of promotions so I can burn out quicker. I don't want any of it and they assume everyone's currency is the same. Well, mine isn't.

    In regards to running this forum it must be difficult at the moment given it's closing down in a few months. I mean, what is the point and why not just close it now? That would make it hard to moderate or want to moderate it. Not to mention then looking back and wondering if the time spent moderating the site meant anything at all.

    I have been a Mod and a Co Admin on a forum and it is hard work and when you start feeling like it's for nothing or that the other staff don't care etc than you end up doing what I did which was leave.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    3,319
    Reputation
    5641
    Type
    Just Me

    Re: Burning out.

    With regards work burnout, I’ve noticed a pattern in myself. I’ve held down a few different types of jobs but no matter the job, after roughly 8 years or so I’ve had enough and need a change.

    And you’re right in that the realisation is often slow. One pattern I’ve noticed is the taking of “sick” days when I’m not actually sick. Once this begins it’s a sign that I’m not happy and it’s time to move on.


    With regards Unboxxed, I can’t say I blame him. Jagr shat on him a while back by removing his admin status without notice; now Jagr is closing the site. If I was Unboxxed I would see these things as connected and an admonishment for all his efforts at keeping this site a MGTOW site – it is, after all, called Going Your Own Way.

    Jagr has now made it clear that this was not his vision, fair enough, but maybe he should not have usurped the GYOW mantle.

    Unboxxed was as dedicated an admin as anyone could have wished for and I have nothing but admiration for him.

  6. #6
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7,173
    Reputation
    19514
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Burning out.

    Unboxxed:


    Looking for a new site? For your consideration; https://mengtow.freeforums.net/board...ral-discussion

  7. #7
    Senior Member Chris007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    569
    Reputation
    1759
    Type
    Worry free

    Re: Burning out.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    1603
    Type
    Unrelenting

    Re: Burning out.

    The happiest man I've ever seen is a man who does absolutely nothing all day but small jobs that take less than 1hr to do (he's a automobile electrician) and drink alcohol with his friends.
    I see them in his garage and they sit around a table and drink. Sometimes he leaves his garage and goes to the bars in the area and drink just for a change of scenery. But that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    He is the peak of freedom. His only obligation is to pay his own rent.
    When I speak to him, I can tell that he's happy. I am extremely gifted in reading subconscious and nonverbal cues and I can tell this guy is not miserable.

    When I leave my house on mornings, I see him going to the store for cigarettes and newspaper and I wonder what the fuck is everyone else doing when there's a man like this who just exists with no cares in the world.

    The point is simple: You want less, you suffer less. With less 'wants' in your life, you have less expectations and thus less chance for failure. If you do nothing, nothing happens.
    Can't get burned out if you do nothing.
    Want nothing.
    Do nothing.
    Believe nothing.
    If you believe everything you hear is a lie, you have a 100% lie detection rate.
    The opposite holds true but I would rather be surprised by the truth than a lie.

    Society is a Simulacrum.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    495
    Reputation
    1234
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    The happiest man I've ever seen is a man who does absolutely nothing all day but small jobs that take less than 1hr to do (he's a automobile electrician) and drink alcohol with his friends.
    I see them in his garage and they sit around a table and drink. Sometimes he leaves his garage and goes to the bars in the area and drink just for a change of scenery. But that's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
    He is the peak of freedom. His only obligation is to pay his own rent.
    When I speak to him, I can tell that he's happy. I am extremely gifted in reading subconscious and nonverbal cues and I can tell this guy is not miserable.

    When I leave my house on mornings, I see him going to the store for cigarettes and newspaper and I wonder what the fuck is everyone else doing when there's a man like this who just exists with no cares in the world.

    The point is simple: You want less, you suffer less. With less 'wants' in your life, you have less expectations and thus less chance for failure. If you do nothing, nothing happens.
    Can't get burned out if you do nothing.
    Want nothing.
    Do nothing.
    Believe nothing.
    This dude is becoming me...except I'm trying to give up cigs (relapsed for 2 weeks after quitting 4-5 months) and only drink occasionally. I'm not incredibly rich but have enough to basically do what I want the rest of my life. No expensive hobbies and don't really want any. I think a lot of dudes have to get into keeping up with the Joneses for their ego and expensive hobbies to take their minds off work/stress from the wife/kids.

    One thing I've noticed is that life sorta becomes happier when I'm not involving women -- even just for sex. I'm getting to a point where I see the benefit in just taking one day at a time...focus on being content, no expectations, no comparisons to anyone else, get a little exercise, do some reading and just chill. Just watch the shit show unfold in other people's lives while staying completely drama free and void of any desire to compare your life to whatever subjective standards people drum up.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    1603
    Type
    Unrelenting

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardhaskell View Post
    This dude is becoming me...except I'm trying to give up cigs (relapsed for 2 weeks after quitting 4-5 months) and only drink occasionally. I'm not incredibly rich but have enough to basically do what I want the rest of my life. No expensive hobbies and don't really want any. I think a lot of dudes have to get into keeping up with the Joneses for their ego and expensive hobbies to take their minds off work/stress from the wife/kids.

    One thing I've noticed is that life sorta becomes happier when I'm not involving women -- even just for sex. I'm getting to a point where I see the benefit in just taking one day at a time...focus on being content, no expectations, no comparisons to anyone else, get a little exercise, do some reading and just chill. Just watch the shit show unfold in other people's lives while staying completely drama free and void of any desire to compare your life to whatever subjective standards people drum up.
    Including a woman into your life only represents a list of 'wants', most of which are endless.
    You want her.
    Then once you get her, you have to want whatever she wants too because she expects you to want it. And she also expects you to get it for her too.

    No wants, no suffering.
    If you believe everything you hear is a lie, you have a 100% lie detection rate.
    The opposite holds true but I would rather be surprised by the truth than a lie.

    Society is a Simulacrum.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    495
    Reputation
    1234
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    Including a woman into your life only represents a list of 'wants', most of which are endless.
    You want her.
    Then once you get her, you have to want whatever she wants too because she expects you to want it. And she also expects you to get it for her too.

    No wants, no suffering.
    Wanting what she wants...looking back ain't that the truth! There's always a dark fog over the relationship if you aren't appeasing the wants and "needs" of the woman...we don't go out enough...we don't dress up enough...we don't travel enough...we need to be more affectionate...need to be more spontaneous...I want flowers more...relationship needs to move more quickly....let me ask the wife, blah, blah, blah, need, want, need, want. For what? Occasional access to a pussy that goes stale after a year or two?

  12. #12

    Re: Burning out.

    Great thoughts

  13. #13
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,698
    Reputation
    15923
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Burning out.

    Not burned out. My reasons for discontinuing were I thought pretty clear in my post. If there's anything I regret, it's not leading men to a more positive place, where we celebrated our bachelor lifestyle more than anything we criticized.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).

  14. #14
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    7,173
    Reputation
    19514
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    Not burned out. My reasons for discontinuing were I thought pretty clear in my post. If there's anything I regret, it's not leading men to a more positive place, where we celebrated our bachelor lifestyle more than anything we criticized.
    That's been my message all along! There's no harness in my life, free to go left, free to right, totally omnidirectional! Like a bird that's free to fly and nobody's clipping my wings! I don't engage in emotional terrorism and wouldn't have allowed incels mix in and ruin the site, the philosophies are as different as day and night!

    I'm just living proof that a man don't need no woman if he wants any control over his life!

    Incels blame women for being a missing link to happiness in their life, it's outside and foreign to man's natural order, we don't idolize women and place them on a pedestal as an essential part of life or something that's somehow missing, nothing like that grew roots in our thinking, we just don't like shackles and chains of any sort!

    If a man is not complete without a women, he sure as hell won't be complete with a women!

    I share your distain for incel philosophy, it's self pity at it's finest! I don't look at the poverties in life, I enjoy and savor its riches! Attitude is everything, it can slam one into the ground, or teach him to take flight!
    Looking for a new site? For your consideration; https://mengtow.freeforums.net/board...ral-discussion

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    1,579
    Reputation
    3783
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    Not burned out. My reasons for discontinuing were I thought pretty clear in my post. If there's anything I regret, it's not leading men to a more positive place, where we celebrated our bachelor lifestyle more than anything we criticized.
    I'm not sure if there is much longevity in a forum based around that though. For a start men first have to get all the negative stuff off their chests and find out they aren't alone. That takes a place to bitch and air their thoughts.

    If this were a physical place, like a club we might be able to get together and learn skills from each other as members teach other members things whether it be woodworking or electronics, computer related etc. But we are limited on a forum, although yes it would have been nice to have that aspect as best as possible online.

    I think it is counter productive to think that just because every thread isn't all puppy dogs and roses that the forum is negative in itself. Being able to vent and discuss things that we can't talk about anywhere else, especially in person is very valuable.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    1603
    Type
    Unrelenting

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    That's been my message all along! There's no harness in my life, free to go left, free to right, totally omnidirectional! Like a bird that's free to fly and nobody's clipping my wings! I don't engage in emotional terrorism and wouldn't have allowed incels mix in and ruin the site, the philosophies are as different as day and night!

    I'm just living proof that a man don't need no woman if he wants any control over his life!

    Incels blame women for being a missing link to happiness in their life, it's outside and foreign to man's natural order, we don't idolize women and place them on a pedestal as an essential part of life or something that's somehow missing, nothing like that grew roots in our thinking, we just don't like shackles and chains of any sort!

    If a man is not complete without a women, he sure as hell won't be complete with a women!

    I share your distain for incel philosophy, it's self pity at it's finest! I don't look at the poverties in life, I enjoy and savor its riches! Attitude is everything, it can slam one into the ground, or teach him to take flight!
    At a psychological level, incels are different from us because have a defense mechanism for why they are the way that they are that we do not possess.
    They overtly hate women as a reaction formation defense when subconsciously, women are what they desire above all else. The conscious display of female hate is just cover up to how much they actually love them.
    They blend into these MGTOW spaces because a lot of their actions can be covered up by simply "holding your tongue" when they speak to the battle-tested MGTOW men (the ones who actually got fucked by women) because they'd sniff through them.
    They know that the way they think is problematic.
    They know that the way they think, nobody likes them.
    They know that with the way they think, nobody wants to be around them.
    But do they even attempt to work on fixing themselves? Nope. They just put up a psychological barrier to their perceived trauma and pretend it's the opposite of what they actually want in life.

    There is no space that you can create that will avoid them. Their identity is a caricature of whatever space they want to be in - to fit in. In philosophical terms, the being does not exist, it mimics the ideas of what is reflected on it.
    If you believe everything you hear is a lie, you have a 100% lie detection rate.
    The opposite holds true but I would rather be surprised by the truth than a lie.

    Society is a Simulacrum.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    528
    Reputation
    1261
    Type
    mgtow

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
    They blend into these MGTOW spaces because a lot of their actions can be covered up by simply "holding your tongue" when they speak to the battle-tested MGTOW men (the ones who actually got fucked by women) because they'd sniff through them.
    They know that the way they think is problematic.
    They know that the way they think, nobody likes them.
    They know that with the way they think, nobody wants to be around them.
    But do they even attempt to work on fixing themselves? Nope. They just put up a psychological barrier to their perceived trauma and pretend it's the opposite of what they actually want in
    An inherent problem with this is you can’t “work on yourself”.

    So what to do, “better yourself” across every conceivable psychological, childhood, trauma, scientific, and genetic issue that, yes, women absolutely care about?

    Even one metric, be the first in your family to graduate college, is huge. And you get, what, a mountain of debt and an Asst. Manager at Starbucks job?

    At best, that’s just being a pussy worshipping simp.

    They going to magically grow 6’2”? Be able to grow a beard? Go back in time and have rich parent that fed them edible food and not junk that stunted their growth? Prevent mom from day drinking all through pregnancy?

    This sounds like the silly thing feminists say when men bitch about gold diggers and divorce rape.

    “Why don’t you just marry rich women?”

    Incels are morons for worship pussy in the first place. But they aren’t wrong about everything. It’s the same arguments people make about handicapped people just being lazy and should try harder. Black pill does have validity whether everyone wants it to not.

    What if someone could better themself, which they can’t anyway, but it takes them until 45? How’s that going to help?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    294
    Reputation
    351
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by DangZagnut View Post
    An inherent problem with this is you can’t “work on yourself”.

    So what to do, “better yourself” across every conceivable psychological, childhood, trauma, scientific, and genetic issue that, yes, women absolutely care about?

    Even one metric, be the first in your family to graduate college, is huge. And you get, what, a mountain of debt and an Asst. Manager at Starbucks job?

    At best, that’s just being a pussy worshipping simp.

    They going to magically grow 6’2”? Be able to grow a beard? Go back in time and have rich parent that fed them edible food and not junk that stunted their growth? Prevent mom from day drinking all through pregnancy?

    This sounds like the silly thing feminists say when men bitch about gold diggers and divorce rape.

    “Why don’t you just marry rich women?”

    Incels are morons for worship pussy in the first place. But they aren’t wrong about everything. It’s the same arguments people make about handicapped people just being lazy and should try harder. Black pill does have validity whether everyone wants it to not.

    What if someone could better themself, which they can’t anyway, but it takes them until 45? How’s that going to help?
    Itís all frame of mind. Eventually boils down to your priorities in life!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    528
    Reputation
    1261
    Type
    mgtow

    Re: Burning out.

    Quote Originally Posted by WanderLuster View Post
    It’s all frame of mind. Eventually boils down to your priorities in life!
    Of which, IMO, pussy should never be.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 4, 2021, 3:41 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: December 26, 2019, 7:31 PM
  3. My ears are burning
    By Tangent in forum Lounge
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: April 11, 2018, 12:24 AM
  4. Another book burning.
    By alcockell in forum News Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 11, 2015, 9:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •