Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    I've been avoiding movies and TV shows because of all the woke crap that's being stuffed down our throats.

    But Top Gun: Maverick is one movie that I just absolutely HAD to go see.

    Was not disappointed. None of the woke/diversity/transgender shit.

    Granted, it wasn't as testosterone-filled as the original Top Gun movie, ( and Jennifer Connelly's smug attitude was a little annoying) but overall, it was a genuinely male-positive movie. Though there were a couple of female characters ( a fighter pilot called Phoenix), they weren't all "in-your-face" and filled with male-hatred.

    It was a great movie about men (mostly) getting the job done by taking risks.

    Needless to say, all the misandrist leftist-feminists got sand in their vaginas about it. "How dare men be MEN??!!"

    Breitbart has some great articles about this:
    Woketard Leftists Whine as ‘Top Gun’ Continues to Overperform

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/06/04/nolte-woketard-leftists-whine-as-top-gun-continues-to-overperform/

    Tom Cruise Could Earn $200M for Non-Woke ‘Top Gun’ Sequel:

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/06/01/nolte-tom-cruise-could-earn-200m-non-woke-top-gun-sequel/

    Masculine, Pro-American ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Blasts to $146M Opening, Towers over Woke Flops:

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/05/28/nolte-masculine-pro-american-top-gun-maverick-blasts-146m-opening-towers-woke-flops/

    Go see it!

  2. #2

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    I really like this part from the last article:

    The ageless star [Cruise] is in full control of his film destiny, and he clearly helped “Maverick” avoid most, if not all, of the culture war booby traps.

    No hand wringing over military might or extended emasculation of its rugged hero, for starters. No lectures on America’s imperfect past or gender inequality.
    And, suffice to say, “Top Gun: Maverick” isn’t woke in the slightest. It is, though, a testament to American excellence and the ability to achieve a goal no matter the odds.
    In other words, it didn’t do what James Bond did—turn itself into a mewling little pajama boy gerbil of a movie.

    It didn’t do what Star Wars did and pervert a romantic-adventure series into a shrill Womyn’s Studies lecture.

    Instead, Top Gun chose to respect human nature and remain what it was, what worked, and what normal people love. The audience sensed that, and now it’s over-performing and less than $10 million away from setting an all-time Memorial Day Weekend record.

  3. #3
    Senior Member UnKnownSurviving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    510
    Reputation
    524
    Type
    MGTOW

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGhost View Post
    I've been avoiding movies and TV shows because of all the woke crap that's being stuffed down our throats.

    But Top Gun: Maverick is one movie that I just absolutely HAD to go see.

    Was not disappointed. None of the woke/diversity/transgender shit.

    Granted, it wasn't as testosterone-filled as the original Top Gun movie, ( and Jennifer Connelly's smug attitude was a little annoying) but overall, it was a genuinely male-positive movie. Though there were a couple of female characters ( a fighter pilot called Phoenix), they weren't all "in-your-face" and filled with male-hatred.

    It was a great movie about men (mostly) getting the job done by taking risks.

    Needless to say, all the misandrist leftist-feminists got sand in their vaginas about it. "How dare men be MEN??!!"

    Breitbart has some great articles about this:
    Woketard Leftists Whine as ‘Top Gun’ Continues to Overperform

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...o-overperform/

    Tom Cruise Could Earn $200M for Non-Woke ‘Top Gun’ Sequel:

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...op-gun-sequel/

    Masculine, Pro-American ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Blasts to $146M Opening, Towers over Woke Flops:

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...rs-woke-flops/

    Go see it!

    Good! I just might go see it sometime this month.

  4. #4

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    I haven't seen it. If I can't watch it for free, I won't. Hollywood is dead to me. I won't give them a single penny. This decision has nothing to do with TC, but rather the toxic, horrific and destructive nature of Hollywood.

    It appears TC has gone MGTOW. I wish him well. Loved him in Tropic Thunder - a movie that couldn't be made today.

    I grew up on TC and Top Gun, which inspired me to become successful. Today - I can't watch the original TG and will avoid the new release as well.

    May Hollywood and its executives rot in hell.
    Sex is the bait. Marriage is the trap. Divorce rape is the goal.

  5. #5

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    "Patriotism having become one of our topicks, Johnson suddenly uttered, in a strong determined tone, an apophthegm, at which many will start: ‘Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.’ But let it be considered, that he did not mean a real and generous love of our country, but that pretended patriotism which so many, in all ages and countries, have made a cloak for self-interest."


    Sex is the bait. Marriage is the trap. Divorce rape is the goal.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    465
    Reputation
    1940
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    On the eve of Independence Day in America, I content myself with the knowledge that one of my forefathers probably shot one of Spooky's forefathers.

    I'm out. Peace.
    - Owen, 07.03.2022
    Last edited by OwenWentFullMGTOW; July 4, 2022 at 4:47 AM.

  7. #7

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    I'm glad it's doing well and I hope it encourages movie studios to follow suit with more pro-masculinity movies. I'm still not going to go see it. Cinemas where I live discriminated against non-vaccinated people and I don't know if this movie studio will use these profits to fund more woke garbage or not. I will continue to boycott the film industry indefinitely. Besides, the viewing experience would be better in my own home.

  8. #8

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    How can you guys be soo sure that the money collect with this movie will NOT promote some other woke bullshit???

    Pedohood will not get my money period.

    "isn’t woke in the slightest"

    Is there a single mother in the story? I ask because some comments about the movie.
    The future is gone, hope is in the past

    Do you want to do great things for the sake of humanity? Oh please, don´t make me laugh.
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/nikola-tesla-death

  9. #9
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,863
    Reputation
    16226
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by Hello_World View Post
    How can you guys be soo sure that the money collect with this movie will NOT promote some other woke bullshit???

    Pedohood will not get my money period.

    "isn’t woke in the slightest"

    Is there a single mother in the story? I ask because some comments about the movie.
    Well said! The trust is rust!

    Hollywood; ---the new rust belt---.

    Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit,
    so a fool returneth to his folly.
    Corruption, like low tide, lowers all boats and smashes their hulls on the rocks.

  10. #10

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by MannSplainer View Post
    I haven't seen it. If I can't watch it for free, I won't. Hollywood is dead to me. I won't give them a single penny. This decision has nothing to do with TC, but rather the toxic, horrific and destructive nature of Hollywood.

    It appears TC has gone MGTOW. I wish him well. Loved him in Tropic Thunder - a movie that couldn't be made today.

    I grew up on TC and Top Gun, which inspired me to become successful. Today - I can't watch the original TG and will avoid the new release as well.

    May Hollywood and its executives rot in hell.
    I think the same. I also think it´s possible to use all this money to fuel some other woke bullshit. Let´s hope I am wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by MannSplainer View Post
    "Patriotism having become one of our topicks, Johnson suddenly uttered, in a strong determined tone, an apophthegm, at which many will start: ‘Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.’ But let it be considered, that he did not mean a real and generous love of our country, but that pretended patriotism which so many, in all ages and countries, have made a cloak for self-interest."


    Patriotism was create for people fight in a war for almost nothing. There is even one american soldier who wrote a book about how patriotism is a scam, a racket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyaku Shiki View Post
    I hope it encourages movie studios to follow suit with more pro-masculinity movies. I'm still not going to go see it. Cinemas where I live discriminated against non-vaccinated people and I don't know if this movie studio will use these profits to fund more woke garbage or not. I will continue to boycott the film industry indefinitely. Besides, the viewing experience would be better in my own home.
    I am glad many people are aware of the danger, traps of big corporations.
    The future is gone, hope is in the past

    Do you want to do great things for the sake of humanity? Oh please, don´t make me laugh.
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/nikola-tesla-death

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    185
    Reputation
    163
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by MannSplainer View Post
    I haven't seen it. If I can't watch it for free, I won't. Hollywood is dead to me. I won't give them a single penny. This decision has nothing to do with TC, but rather the toxic, horrific and destructive nature of Hollywood.

    It appears TC has gone MGTOW. I wish him well. Loved him in Tropic Thunder - a movie that couldn't be made today.

    I grew up on TC and Top Gun, which inspired me to become successful. Today - I can't watch the original TG and will avoid the new release as well.
    if it inspired you, why wouldn't you watch it now? You're not giving Hollywood money by putting a DVD into the player.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    1,232
    Reputation
    2823
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    I haven't seen it yet but I will. I think Jennifer Connolly has hit the wall and looks quite masculine. I like the general theme of the film which is that Maverick is on purpose a low achiever so he can continue flying jets. Something he would not be able to do if he climbed the ranks. A MGTOW mentality.

    This is played for laughs but it is an interesting comparison between masculinity and soy boy,Tom Cruise takes Corden up for some flights.


  13. #13
    Senior Member Resdayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    House Telvanni
    Posts
    494
    Reputation
    1110
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    if it inspired you, why wouldn't you watch it now? You're not giving Hollywood money by putting a DVD into the player.
    Or just download it from a torrent site
    Lord Nerevar Reborn

  14. #14

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Went to see it. Liked it better than the original.

    I understand the 'starving the beast' approach of denying Hollywood our money. However, the movie viewing audience of just one province of China outnumbers every male in the US, so, the "the beast" isn't missing too many meals.

    On the other hand, if you go to see this movie, especially if it is the only one you watch this year, you are sending a message: make more movies like this one.

    And this is a film that really benefits from the big screen and the good sound system.

    Most important: this is a MGTOW movie about a MGTOW character.

    “You should be a two-star admiral by now, yet here you are.”
    “I am where I belong, Sir.”

    The character has missed out on two promotions because of he won't conform, will not take the required staff/desk jobs, and prefers to fly and lead other fliers.

    "We won't promote you, we can't fire you, and you won't leave."

    He didn't marry, he didn't warm a desk at the Pentagon, and he refused to be what he wasn't.

    There are some guys like that in real life. But few movies about them.

    Go see this one.
    Last edited by sam luis obispo; June 13, 2022 at 8:23 PM.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  15. #15

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    The most interesting fan take on the movie is that Maverick died in the Darkstar explosion and everything after that moment was what he imagined his life to be after that.

    Seriously, go see that movie just to spit in the eyes of collectivists and the matriarchy.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  16. #16

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    I went to see it last night. I must say, it’s the best movie I’ve seen in many, many years. I think the fact that it took me back to a pretty good, more innocent time in my life played a big part in that.

    However……
    I can’t agree with a lot of you posters take that the movie is non-woke / pure masculine / MGTOW.

    Did you miss the fact that they HAD to throw the token woman pilot in the Top Gun winners group that Maverick was designated to teach? And on top of that, he actually PICKS her to run the mission?!? GTFO. Now I may be wrong here, maybe there are Naval Aviators IRL that are women. With the current policies and politics in this country, I’m sure there are. But I’m just not buying that one of them is the “best of the best”.

    Hell, there’s even a specific thread on this very site pretty much dedicated to how women make horrible pilots. (I’d find and link it, but I’m too lazy) and have no business being in commercial planes, let alone in an F-18 in a situation where in order to survive the mission, you have to push the limits of the plane so far that the plane is irreparable afterwards.

    Again, I loved the story, the plot, even the far fetched circumstances that got Maverick and Rooster in the same plane. But having that entitled,”I wanna be a man” broad in a front and center role, just because she has a pussy was disappointing.

    If they absolutely HAD to include a woman pilot, It would have been more realistic if Maverick would have just picked another team for the mission. Or better yet, said “I might have picked you, miss “look at me, I’m a pilot”, but I couldn’t be sure if you would be bleeding the day of the mission, and the blood loss may increase your chances of passing out when you climb out of the mountains at 9.5 G’s.”

    To me, that’s just reality.

    Oh, and why TF couldn’t someone in makeup do something with Jennifer Connollie’s eyebrows??? JFC, they need a weed eater🤣

  17. #17

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    I also saw it and took my son with me. We both enjoyed it very much! Great action flick!

    We saw it in what my local theater calls a "X-D room" in which the screen is huge (from floor to ceiling) and the sound speakers are bigger and louder! Definitely worth the bang for your buck! The jet engines sounded awesome!

    Regarding the woke, I saw very few of it, which was already mentioned above: they just had to put a woman among the Top Gun team, and Jennifer Connelly's character is a "strong, empowered and independent" single mother, who runs a bar all by herself, takes care of her teen daughter and still has time to drive her vintage Porsche and sail (alone) in her yacht! I wonder who payed for all those exquisite toys she plays with? Perhaps her ex husband, who is mentioned to have "left her for his girlfriend" and now lives in Maui?

    Anyways, the most cringe worthy woke scene in the movie is the one in which Jennifer is at the helm of her sailing boat and is giving orders to a clueless Tom Cruise on how to sail. Is there a better analogy for Feminism than this one?

    But, if you just skip over these little stupid scenes, the rest of the movie is a great action flick!

  18. #18

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by sam luis obispo View Post
    Went to see it. Liked it better than the original.

    I understand the 'starving the beast' approach of denying Hollywood our money. However, the movie viewing audience of just one province of China outnumbers every male in the US, so, the "the beast" isn't missing too many meals.

    On the other hand, if you go to see this movie, especially if it is the only one you watch this year, you are sending a message: make more movies like this one.

    And this is a film that really benefits from the big screen and the good sound system.

    Most important: this is a MGTOW movie about a MGTOW character.

    “You should be a two-star admiral by now, yet here you are.”
    “I am where I belong, Sir.”

    The character has missed out on two promotions because of he won't conform, will not take the required staff/desk jobs, and prefers to fly and lead other fliers.

    "We won't promote you, we can't fire you, and you won't leave."

    He didn't marry, he didn't warm a desk at the Pentagon, and he refused to be what he wasn't.

    There are some guys like that in real life. But few movies about them.

    Go see this one.
    I greatly agree with everything you wrote. Well put!

    And interesting that you brought up china. It seems this movie didn't want to pander to the chiNazis. Originally, the chinazis kicked up a big stink about Maverick's "bomber" jacket which has the Japanese & Taiwanese flags sewn on the back. Because one of the financiers of the movie was Tencent - the chinazi giant. So the jacket had to be digitally "altered" to remove the Japanese & Taiwanese flags.

    But because the movie was so pro-American, the chinazis backed out and so the 2 flags are back. Maybe Hollywood still has some balls (albeit tiny ones) not to pander to the chinazis:

    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...op-gun-jacket/

  19. #19

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by Granola Junkie View Post

    Regarding the woke, I saw very few of it, which was already mentioned above: they just had to put a woman among the Top Gun team, and Jennifer Connelly's character is a "strong, empowered and independent" single mother, who runs a bar all by herself, takes care of her teen daughter and still has time to drive her vintage Porsche and sail (alone) in her yacht! I wonder who payed for all those exquisite toys she plays with? Perhaps her ex husband, who is mentioned to have "left her for his girlfriend" and now lives in Maui?

    Anyways, the most cringe worthy woke scene in the movie is the one in which Jennifer is at the helm of her sailing boat and is giving orders to a clueless Tom Cruise on how to sail. Is there a better analogy for Feminism than this one?

    But, if you just skip over these little stupid scenes, the rest of the movie is a great action flick!
    Good observations in bold. The scenes were not necessary to the movie.

    However, if Maverick was good at everything, to include sailing a yacht, he would be either a 1960s James Bond, or a male version of a Mary Sue.

    At the end of the movie, he returns the favor by taking her flying.

    What made the character believable was that it allowed the character to mature. By the time you are 50, you realize you don't know everything, and you take comfort in realizing you don't have to know everything.

    A different take is that the romance with the waitress-turned-bar-owner is that it was just part of Maverick's last fantasy before he died in the Dark Star explosion.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    185
    Reputation
    163
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: At Last! A movie that celebrates Masculinity! Top Gun: Maverick

    Quote Originally Posted by sam luis obispo View Post
    Went to see it. Liked it better than the original.

    I understand the 'starving the beast' approach of denying Hollywood our money. However, the movie viewing audience of just one province of China outnumbers every male in the US, so, the "the beast" isn't missing too many meals.

    On the other hand, if you go to see this movie, especially if it is the only one you watch this year, you are sending a message: make more movies like this one.

    And this is a film that really benefits from the big screen and the good sound system.

    Most important: this is a MGTOW movie about a MGTOW character.

    “You should be a two-star admiral by now, yet here you are.”
    “I am where I belong, Sir.”

    The character has missed out on two promotions because of he won't conform, will not take the required staff/desk jobs, and prefers to fly and lead other fliers.

    "We won't promote you, we can't fire you, and you won't leave."

    He didn't marry, he didn't warm a desk at the Pentagon, and he refused to be what he wasn't.

    There are some guys like that in real life. But few movies about them.

    Go see this one.
    I logged in just to like this post.

    As someone who has refused to "climb the ladder" and get into management, I can definitely relate to this.


Similar Threads

  1. Masculinity and Femininity.
    By Tildae in forum Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 12, 2020, 5:38 PM
  2. Masculinity... What is it???
    By Porkncheese in forum Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: December 17, 2018, 12:29 PM
  3. “Bad Girls Advice” group celebrates violence against men
    By Natural Born MGTOW in forum Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: September 21, 2017, 3:11 PM
  4. Joel Harper, The Movie Man (Was 'MGTOW: The Movie!')
    By JoelHarper in forum Banned Members
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: January 4, 2016, 10:17 AM
  5. Replies: 22
    Last Post: March 7, 2014, 4:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •