Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 132
  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    1,992
    Reputation
    3387
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by WheelBarrow View Post
    It appears repetitive to us as those letters were collected by the early church and assembled into the epistles we know today. When they were written, mostly by Paul but also Peter and John and others, each was written to a different congregation,
    Not having read them I can’t really comment, but I was under the impression that these were missionaries out to convert, not to reinforce the views of their own congregations. They were spreading the Word, so to speak.

    But maybe I’ve got that wrong.

    Maybe I’ll give it another go. My mind-set has changed a bit since my last attempt. How do I explain this? It’s kind of like when watching movies / t.v. programs I see the indoctrination and this puts me off, but so long as it isn’t overbearing I can often look past it and enjoy the basic storyline. Maybe I need to apply this philosophy here; concentrate on the message rather than the messenger? Does this make sense?

    I should say though that my original reason for trying to read the Bible was not a quest for truth and / or understanding as such, rather it was to enable me to argue better with those whom I had declared my atheism to who would quote a passage or two to reinforce their position. I wanted to find quotes from their own source to reinforce my position, to ridicule to a certain extent.

    But this is no longer my way. I have no problem with individuals of faith although my disgust at organised religion remains – the hypocrisy is so evident I can’t ignore it.

  2. #82
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    556
    Reputation
    627
    Type
    Bachelor, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Science is a method that has massively improved our quality of life. Impact of science - RationalWiki.

    I vehemently disagree with this statement. It's improved the length of our lives, artificially in many cases, and given us more toys and opportunities.

    But this only looks like quality of life because most of us could not bear to imagine living incredibly simple, natural lives like our forbears.

    Those pushing science - who are really just commercially interested people - want you to believe that lives were short, brutish and nasty before all of our 'progress'.

    I call bullshit on that. That is just PR to trick you into being one of their customers.

    Go look in an old graveyard, you will see people lived to 70, 80, 90 and 100 even centuries ago when life was pretty basic.

    I would say that living natural lives off the land, respecting the Earth was a much healthier and better way to live. And therefore, quality of life was better.

    The pursuit of science unchecked by a sense of humanity is not possible without conquering, pillaging and murdering other nations. It is simple a battle for more resources. More more more.

    Now quality of life is directly related to how much money you have. That's what happens when you stick two fingers up at God and serve Mamon instead.

    I am not a Luddite. I do not bemoan the opportunities life affords. But I am realistic. It is a basic fact that the more technologically advanced we become, the more disconnected from ourselves and each other we become too. An equal and opposite reaction.

    Were the native Indians bothered about conquering the world, or simply living elegantly and respectfully within their own area?

    I am not going to be naive and think life was perfect in those communities, but I never claimed perfection. I am talking about natural, in harmony with the Earth.

    It's amusing that a number of the 'advances' cited would not be necessary if we hadn't become so artificial in the first place. Oh and citing Aids is just funny because it's another fake disease.

    I am for science if it is about improving the world and not overly tampering with the natural, sacred and divine. All other things are simply money making endeavours which will ultimately enslave mankind.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing. They then become capable of believing in anything.


  3. #83
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    974
    Reputation
    1722
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    Go look in an old graveyard, you will see people lived to 70, 80, 90 and 100 even centuries ago when life was pretty basic.
    I'd like to add one thing on this, but do note that, in this case, I am not advocating any side of the fence. Because if I do that, it may break some rules of this forum, so I'd rather avoid that. But the fact itself is harmless, so here it goes :

    What science did, is not increase the lifespan of normal people but MUTANTS. Especially those with defects. More mutants can survive because of modern world and science than at any time in the past.

    Why I am calling them mutants, because their defect is genetic mutation. I am not insulting them in anyway.

    There is a kid who lives across the street in front of my house. He is like 5-6 year old by my guess, but I could be wrong. He is severely crippled. People of his family carry him around all the time. My guess is he has some kind problem with most of his limbs. Now in old times, it was more likely, that any such person, would've died at a young age. But science makes it possible to provide enough food and security, so that its now more affordable for the family to keep the cripple kid and let him grow, instead of just leaving him/her out in cold.
    Unless stated otherwise, I am NOT presenting my preferences.

    Preferences can be views, thoughts, opinions, philosophies, morals, values, ideology, imaginations, fantasies, fictions, god, soul, spirit...

    I am using scientific method, its an algorithmic computation, designed to give highest efficiency and chance to win in a conflict, at a very high cost of mental discomfort of not adhering to preferences and spending time and energy on the computation.

  4. #84
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    291
    Reputation
    1458
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    Go look in an old graveyard, you will see people lived to 70, 80, 90 and 100 even centuries ago when life was pretty basic. I would say that living natural lives off the land, respecting the Earth was a much healthier and better way to live. And therefore, quality of life was better.


    Watching most of my siblings not make it out of childhood, the smallest infection or injury could put me in a box, working non stop just to stay alive, national service, socially enforced marriage......sounds wonderful.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Men are becoming MGTOW by the millions, most without ever having heard the term. They are simply doing what all living organisms finding themselves in a toxic environment do. They adapt to it or remove themselves from it. Females are not liking either the adaptations or the removal.

    ,TWITTER FEED BLOG

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    1,992
    Reputation
    3387
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post

    But this only looks like quality of life because most of us could not bear to imagine living incredibly simple, natural lives like our forbears.
    Have you ever considered turning Amish?

    This may sound flippant, but I mean it as a serious question.
    Last edited by Jackoff; May 8, 2021 at 9:18 PM.

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,743
    Reputation
    11301
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Have you ever considered turning Amish?

    This may sound flippant, but I mean it as a serious question.
    I would become Amish, but only when they can get a horse and carriage to do 125mph.!

    With all the hand sawyer work they do, I bet they're really good at jerking off!

  7. #87
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,052
    Reputation
    12926
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post

    I vehemently disagree with this statement. It's improved the length of our lives, artificially in many cases, and given us more toys and opportunities.

    But this only looks like quality of life because most of us could not bear to imagine living incredibly simple, natural lives like our forbears.

    Those pushing science - who are really just commercially interested people - want you to believe that lives were short, brutish and nasty before all of our 'progress'.

    I call bullshit on that. That is just PR to trick you into being one of their customers.
    I can appreciate what you actually say here. I've thought about this. Yeah, we've always known that those who sell products want you to think that your life without it would be in deficit.

    When I think back to earlier decades of my life, I don't think I lived in deficit for the lack of conveniences we now enjoy. It's the medical advances, though, that cause me to appreciate how unforgiving life was when we go back in time, further back than my own life. I think the tombstone presented here points that out quite well. Eight children passing in the space of 16 days, geez what happened there. If you go further back to frontier times, crossing the prairie in wagons, getting attacked by Indians, bears, disease, accidents, and whatnot.

    So, tombstones show both the longevities and the brevities, don't they?

    I understand that, long ago in cowboy days in western USA towns, if you needed eyeglasses you'd have to try on many pairs from a box of eyeglasses that the optometrist kept in his office until you found a pair that you liked best, and that was the vision you would have. Pretty modern for frontier living, I suppose. I told my optometrist how amazing it is that modern technology can specifically measure the irregular contours of my eyeball to then have other machinery to shape a little piece of porous plastic the size of a dime into a contact lens so precise in its recognition of my eyeball's irregularities that it changes my astigmatic 20/400 vision into an impressive 20/15. How life-changing that is! I must take time to appreciate how amazing that really, really is. Multiply that by the millions of myopic people like me who were also helped in this way and try to imagine for this sum total what qualities of life, both subtle and overt, that were propelled forward for probably all of us, just for only this one little thing.

    Anyway, happybachelor, I am in appreciation what I think you are saying about the pace of technology versus its necessity. In light of the tombstone photo, may I ask you:

    How far back in time should I infer you meant in what you said, before, even to you, things actually did become short, brutish, and nasty?

    I enjoyed your comment.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    1,992
    Reputation
    3387
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    I would become Amish, but only when they can get a horse and carriage to do 125mph.!

    With all the hand sawyer work they do, I bet they're really good at jerking off!
    Yeah, but think of all the heavy callouses man. It would be like rubbing it with high grade sandpaper! Ouch!

    There is something attractive about their way of life though.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,743
    Reputation
    11301
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Yeah, but think of all the heavy callouses man. It would be like rubbing it with high grade sandpaper! Ouch!

    There is something attractive about their way of life though.
    I've been through Germanic Pennsylvania and NY state where they speak PA Dutch and street signs are German! You're not missing anything but hay fever and cow shit in the air thicker than anything Beijing has to offer! I use the way way inland rout to travel south on I-95 avoiding NYC like the fucking plague it is! I use the Taconic Parkway to Delaware Water Gap to the Garden State PKWY.

    It's a beautiful country if you don't mind doing 50mph on long country roads, I had a brit MGTOW brother visit here from NYC and couldn't believe how much the scenery changed in only a 3 1/2 hour drive to the middle of nowhere.

    I drove a fellow Irishman from JFK, the whole time he was terrified by NYC drivers bumper to bumper doing 55 with truck tires outside his window within inches! You have to be hard on the gas, hard on the brakes, and know every inch of what's going on around you or you die! I avoided certain death on the X-Bronx when I cut over abruptly to avoid a rear ender that polished off the car that was in front of me showering us with broken glass and plastic parts, the collision was at highway speed when traffic stopped dead, the hood of the car that hit the car in my vacated spot was stuffed up to the windshield with the engine! That event was the last time I crossed the George Washington Bridge!

    This is a photo of the GW and why I don't cross the Hudson there!

    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #90
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    556
    Reputation
    627
    Type
    Bachelor, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    I can appreciate what you actually say here. I've thought about this. Yeah, we've always known that those who sell products want you to think that your life without it would be in deficit.

    When I think back to earlier decades of my life, I don't think I lived in deficit for the lack of conveniences we now enjoy. It's the medical advances, though, that cause me to appreciate how unforgiving life was when we go back in time, further back than my own life. I think the tombstone presented here points that out quite well. Eight children passing in the space of 16 days, geez what happened there. If you go further back to frontier times, crossing the prairie in wagons, getting attacked by Indians, bears, disease, accidents, and whatnot.

    So, tombstones show both the longevities and the brevities, don't they?

    I understand that, long ago in cowboy days in western USA towns, if you needed eyeglasses you'd have to try on many pairs from a box of eyeglasses that the optometrist kept in his office until you found a pair that you liked best, and that was the vision you would have. Pretty modern for frontier living, I suppose. I told my optometrist how amazing it is that modern technology can specifically measure the irregular contours of my eyeball to then have other machinery to shape a little piece of porous plastic the size of a dime into a contact lens so precise in its recognition of my eyeball's irregularities that it changes my astigmatic 20/400 vision into an impressive 20/15. How life-changing that is! I must take time to appreciate how amazing that really, really is. Multiply that by the millions of myopic people like me who were also helped in this way and try to imagine for this sum total what qualities of life, both subtle and overt, that were propelled forward for probably all of us, just for only this one little thing.

    Anyway, happybachelor, I am in appreciation what I think you are saying about the pace of technology versus its necessity. In light of the tombstone photo, may I ask you:

    How far back in time should I infer you meant in what you said, before, even to you, things actually did become short, brutish, and nasty?

    I enjoyed your comment.
    Yes, that was clearly a very sobering example of infant mortality. I'm aware it happened like this sometimes. I suspect these cases were due to some one-off circumstances though, as you alluded to, or that the major factor in disease and death of all ages was predominantly due to poor hygiene and sanitation.

    As I've mentioned I'm not 'against' science. I understand you can't only have the good without the bad, but my wider point was that the majority of our medical advances are in my opinion, unnecessary. Doctors today are dispensers of drugs and schedulers of procedures. Which are almost all unnecessary. We now know how to be clean, how to eat well (actually this deserves its own topic because a lot of the advice we receive on diet is wrong) and how to generally be well - these things ARE the prevention for 99% of disease and so if we had pursued that route we wouldn't need to search for so many 'cures'.

    This never ending search for cures for things we know how to prevent is clearly justification for the pharmaceutical industrial complex which actually wants us sick and ignorant because then we need all its advice, drugs and operations.

    Hygiene, sanitation, diet, lifestyle etc are probably our greatest achievements. But I don't think these things are purely due to 'science'. There are things we know without being aware of the 'science' of it. It is about listening to what your body is telling you, being more at one with the world (which I suspect those native Indian tribes I described were).

    Rkspm made a good point that medical advances have prolonged the lives of mutants. This is an evocative word but it supports my point that we are artificially keeping people alive rather than going back to the source so that they do not need to be put on 'life support' in the first place.

    I am not going to say that conditions and diseases don't exist, but I am going to say that in my opinion, most of them are made up or caused by our own doing.

    I got a free eye test once through work. I had a negligible prescription and the shop wanted to sell my glasses. Of course. I bought the glasses as they were quite cheap, got home and thought, I don't need these. Okay, I may 'improve' my eyesight by 2%.. but what is the trade off to this solution? My eyes actually become weaker because they're now dependent. I am sure many people wear glasses their whole lives when they probably don't need to. Now to your example, again I appreciate some people do need them for specific tasks. And we don't take a purely 'natural' approach and say "ah well, you are obviously not meant to do anything which requires a keen eye" and let nature exclude you from a full life.

    I suppose my point is a deeper one which says "the application of science is mostly sticking plasters to most of our ills". Better to use our knowledge to go back to the root of our ills and prevent them in the first place. I doubt we knew 100 years ago that overdoing sugar could lead to poor eyesight/diabetes. Well instead of all this care for diabetes, which makes people a victim that need supporting... we should say "we know how to prevent diabetes so let's do that".

    Of course as I said, this won't be possible while the pharma ind. complex is owned by our masters. This business model suits them very well.

    As for short, nasty and brutish.. this could definitely have been the case for some peoples at certain times. But I don't think it was the norm. I suspect it was mostly due to war and poor rule in general.

    I am kind of a purist which is a problem for some people, I appreciate. It risks coming across as a utopian. But really I am saying we need to put a brake on modern science which is mostly a bunch of crap and *woo woo alert* go back to the source.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing. They then become capable of believing in anything.


  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    1,992
    Reputation
    3387
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    but what is the trade off to this solution? My eyes actually become weaker because they're now dependent.
    I completely agree with this attitude.

    When I got my first pair of glasses I wore them all the time. My next pair were for a stronger prescription, and the one after that.

    Wearing glasses / lenses when unnecessary can only serve to weaken your eyesight over time – your eyes must become dependent and thus lazy and ever weaker.

    For this reason I stopped wearing them unless absolutely necessary against every bit of advice. Some years later I was even offered free laser surgery from a top (and I mean TOP) eye specialist friend of mine which I refused for similar reasons. Normally this treatment from this person would have cost well over 1000, probably multiples of this, and that was about 15 years ago. God knows what he charges today.

    I haven’t had a new pair of glasses now for over twenty years and guess what, my eyesight actually seems to have improved.

    Except for small print for which I need reading glasses (magnifiers), and I put this down to my age. These cost me €2.

    I don’t wear prescription lenses at all anymore because I don’t need them.

  12. #92
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    556
    Reputation
    627
    Type
    Bachelor, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Have you ever considered turning Amish?

    This may sound flippant, but I mean it as a serious question.
    No, never. The natural life appeals but the ideology does not. I am too much of a free spirit/lone wolf to join such a regimented community. And I have deep reservations about these people in particular.

    Some sort of commune would be more appropriate. But even then, I would have to choose my community carefully as they are full of knobheads.

    If TSHTF, I'd probably opt for a MGTOW style of living off grid. And if being alone wasn't optimal, join some off-grid group reluctantly. There are a number of communities living like this in the UK right now. I would just go there and blag my way in.

    I have a piece of land (no planning permission). If TSHTF I'll probably buy a caravan and plonk it on there and see how long I can last. There are certain circumstances in UK planning law where you can legally live on land without permission. It is essentially, if you live there for something like 10 years without anyone complaining about you, they grant you the right to live there permanently.

    It may not be so bad. I could shower at a local gym maybe. Or just go hardcore and use a solar shower. Get a dog. And kind of live off the land.

    If you have a business on your land you also have the right to build a shelter there which can become your home. But you have to be able to show you're making income off your land, ie it has to be an actual business. I suppose I could have a few chickens and grow some spuds. Lol.

    It would be fun to try something like that. And if I lost everything / everything went to shit, I will just think why the fuck not.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing. They then become capable of believing in anything.


  13. #93
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    974
    Reputation
    1722
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    I have a piece of land (no planning permission). If TSHTF I'll probably buy a caravan and plonk it on there and see how long I can last. There are certain circumstances in UK planning law where you can legally live on land without permission. It is essentially, if you live there for something like 10 years without anyone complaining about you, they grant you the right to live there permanently.
    Hmmm, just curious, do you think that having such a piece of land in US is just superior than one in UK ? I mean you have to live off the land anyways, not that you depend on the civilization, but in US you can have some extra stuff to better defend, should someone tries to interfere...
    Unless stated otherwise, I am NOT presenting my preferences.

    Preferences can be views, thoughts, opinions, philosophies, morals, values, ideology, imaginations, fantasies, fictions, god, soul, spirit...

    I am using scientific method, its an algorithmic computation, designed to give highest efficiency and chance to win in a conflict, at a very high cost of mental discomfort of not adhering to preferences and spending time and energy on the computation.

  14. #94
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    556
    Reputation
    627
    Type
    Bachelor, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    I don't know. I guess it depends how stringent the laws are for what you can do with your land. I also assume it may vary from state to state?
    Certainly would be better in the US to build your own personal armoury. But in SHTF scenario I am sure I could get hold of weapons here in UK In fact I know I could. They are available if you know the right people. I am part of the biker community and through that can get most things.

  15. #95

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    I take no part in this sickness. Making machines to assist our lives, and making humans from / into machines, are two very different things.
    The secrets of life lay in the natural, not the artificial. If you are supporting the latter you are supporting those who seek to enslave us via technocracy.
    Just my two cents.

    Technically living organisms are already robots because they are powered by electricity generated by ionizing sodium and potassium through chemical reactions in the cells using oxygen and macronutrients such as fat, carbohydrates, and proteins, to generate electrolytes which are stored directly in the cells, and also in neurons in the case of animals, and then released to generate the electric power that allows living organisms to perform bodily functions and movements.

    Bioelectricity was discovered by Luigi Galvani in the late 1700s which proved that life forms are essentially just machines driven by a power source and using nutrients as fuel for power generation which he demonstrated in a disturbing experiment where he reanimated dead animals using electricity coming from leyden jars, which he also invented, and is the precursor to the electric battery, and is charged using lightning rods, which were invented by Benjamin Franklin.

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post

    I vehemently disagree with this statement. It's improved the length of our lives, artificially in many cases, and given us more toys and opportunities.

    But this only looks like quality of life because most of us could not bear to imagine living incredibly simple, natural lives like our forbears.

    Those pushing science - who are really just commercially interested people - want you to believe that lives were short, brutish and nasty before all of our 'progress'.

    I call bullshit on that. That is just PR to trick you into being one of their customers.

    Go look in an old graveyard, you will see people lived to 70, 80, 90 and 100 even centuries ago when life was pretty basic.

    I would say that living natural lives off the land, respecting the Earth was a much healthier and better way to live. And therefore, quality of life was better.

    The pursuit of science unchecked by a sense of humanity is not possible without conquering, pillaging and murdering other nations. It is simple a battle for more resources. More more more.

    Now quality of life is directly related to how much money you have. That's what happens when you stick two fingers up at God and serve Mamon instead.

    I am not a Luddite. I do not bemoan the opportunities life affords. But I am realistic. It is a basic fact that the more technologically advanced we become, the more disconnected from ourselves and each other we become too. An equal and opposite reaction.

    Were the native Indians bothered about conquering the world, or simply living elegantly and respectfully within their own area?

    I am not going to be naive and think life was perfect in those communities, but I never claimed perfection. I am talking about natural, in harmony with the Earth.

    It's amusing that a number of the 'advances' cited would not be necessary if we hadn't become so artificial in the first place. Oh and citing Aids is just funny because it's another fake disease.

    I am for science if it is about improving the world and not overly tampering with the natural, sacred and divine. All other things are simply money making endeavours which will ultimately enslave mankind.
    Even in ancient times, the European and Asian empires were already industrialized and were making groundbreaking discoveries, inventions and structures like farms, ranches, agricultural terraces, aquaculture centers, cisterns, apartment blocks, animal mill, watermill, and windmill factories, blast furnaces, oil refineries, roads, highways, cantilever bridges, drawbridges, suspension bridges, causeways, ocean going ships, telecommunications in the form of smoke signals, computers such as the abacus, artificial islands that were used as commercial and naval relay stations for ships, and aircraft such as the Kite, Kite Glider, Kongming Lantern, and Flying Top.

    The fact that the Europeans and Asians already had machines in the form of mill factories, telecommunications in the form of smoke signals, computers such as the abacus, and aircraft such as the Kite, Kite Glider, Kongming Lantern, and Flying Top is proof that they never lead a basic and primitive life.

    The ones that were primitive were the tribal societies in Africa, the Americas, and Oceania.
    Last edited by N567; May 16, 2021 at 5:02 AM.

  16. #96
    Senior Member Latinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in Latin America. Ay!
    Posts
    261
    Reputation
    1055
    Type
    Unquiet Bachelor

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Sandman just released some days ago a video in his Youtube channel about if robots will replace women. This has something to do with this Artificial Womb topic, so I am posting this here:

    https://youtu.be/lahR-Yf80aw

    And by the way, I also just found another older video in his channel about this same topic:

    https://youtu.be/BpVDEljxNJo
    .

  17. #97
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    556
    Reputation
    627
    Type
    Bachelor, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by N567 View Post
    Technically living organisms are already robots because they are powered by electricity generated by ionizing sodium and potassium through chemical reactions in the cells using oxygen and macronutrients such as fat, carbohydrates, and proteins, to generate electrolytes which are stored directly in the cells, and also in neurons in the case of animals, and then released to generate the electric power that allows living organisms to perform bodily functions and movements.

    Bioelectricity was discovered by Luigi Galvani in the late 1700s which proved that life forms are essentially just machines driven by a power source and using nutrients as fuel for power generation which he demonstrated in a disturbing experiment where he reanimated dead animals using electricity coming from leyden jars, which he also invented, and is the precursor to the electric battery, and is charged using lightning rods, which were invented by Benjamin Franklin.



    Even in ancient times, the European and Asian empires were already industrialized and were making groundbreaking discoveries, inventions and structures like farms, ranches, agricultural terraces, aquaculture centers, cisterns, apartment blocks, animal mill, watermill, and windmill factories, blast furnaces, oil refineries, roads, highways, cantilever bridges, drawbridges, suspension bridges, causeways, ocean going ships, telecommunications in the form of smoke signals, computers such as the abacus, artificial islands that were used as commercial and naval relay stations for ships, and aircraft such as the Kite, Kite Glider, Kongming Lantern, and Flying Top.

    The fact that the Europeans and Asians already had machines in the form of mill factories, telecommunications in the form of smoke signals, computers such as the abacus, and aircraft such as the Kite, Kite Glider, Kongming Lantern, and Flying Top is proof that they never lead a basic and primitive life.

    The ones that were primitive were the tribal societies in Africa, the Americas, and Oceania.
    Since atoms are made of electrons and neutrons you could argue everything is a machine. But that's not really true in a realistic sense of the word.

    There is something more to us than machines, something we don't understand and can't fathom, the life force running through all living things. The thing that makes things grow and heal. If you think this sentient intelligence came from dust and gas, you are insane.

    We may never understand it and we would do better as humans to concede this. It might give us some humility and some humanity and halt this fucking techno fascist nightmare we're heading towards.

    Of course those ushering in this nightmare are the ones saying there is no God, we're just robots, so hey what's wrong with a little bit more robotification? You're just a robot anyway what do you care? Get back in your fucking charger, THX 1138 human battery cell!
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing. They then become capable of believing in anything.


  18. #98
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    974
    Reputation
    1722
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    If you think this sentient intelligence came from dust and gas
    Just saying, that I have heard claims, and read some basic descriptions, that sentience and consciousness is now a very well understood concept (Adversarial Neural Network). The problems in replicating them is pretty much because of material/mechanical inefficiencies and that too is disappearing very fast.

    I am not expert in that field so I cannot go into the detail because I myself dont understand all the technical details involved in there. But neverthless, extremely smart robots are on their way, and most likely their first application will be to kill other such robots and of course, humans. That is, autonomous combat drones and other such machines.

    In some sense, they are already here. They were used in recent war between Azerbaijan and Armenia, with astounding success. And now its an arms race to build these. "Loitering Munitions" they are called. You basically throw them in the air and they keep flying around, kamikazing into anything they interpret as enemy, ON THEIR OWN. Its fire and forget device.
    Unless stated otherwise, I am NOT presenting my preferences.

    Preferences can be views, thoughts, opinions, philosophies, morals, values, ideology, imaginations, fantasies, fictions, god, soul, spirit...

    I am using scientific method, its an algorithmic computation, designed to give highest efficiency and chance to win in a conflict, at a very high cost of mental discomfort of not adhering to preferences and spending time and energy on the computation.

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    1,992
    Reputation
    3387
    Type
    Just Me.

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    Of course those ushering in this nightmare are the ones saying there is no God
    Here we go again.

    Wrong.

    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

    The biggest problem is with people that think (or claim) they’re doing god’s work; that they know the mind of a being capable of creating a universe. You can justify anything using this reasoning.

    I’ve warned you about such remarks before. You claimed I was being insulting. That was me being polite and carefully choosing my remarks. I have a MUCH more aggressive side that I am completely able to put across without breaking site rules.
    Last edited by Jackoff; June 29, 2021 at 7:16 PM.

  20. #100
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    556
    Reputation
    627
    Type
    Bachelor, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Artificial Wombs News

    Quote Originally Posted by rkspsm View Post
    Just saying, that I have heard claims, and read some basic descriptions, that sentience and consciousness is now a very well understood concept (Adversarial Neural Network). The problems in replicating them is pretty much because of material/mechanical inefficiencies and that too is disappearing very fast.

    I am not expert in that field so I cannot go into the detail because I myself dont understand all the technical details involved in there. But neverthless, extremely smart robots are on their way, and most likely their first application will be to kill other such robots and of course, humans. That is, autonomous combat drones and other such machines.

    In some sense, they are already here. They were used in recent war between Azerbaijan and Armenia, with astounding success. And now its an arms race to build these. "Loitering Munitions" they are called. You basically throw them in the air and they keep flying around, kamikazing into anything they interpret as enemy, ON THEIR OWN. Its fire and forget device.
    Extremely smart - not really. Programmed by human minds and cannot act outside its parameters. No creative intelligence. Yeah they can 'learn', but this is simply storing data on which to base future decisions. They will never achieve true sentience.

    Extremely dangerous - yes. These are in the hands of the people pushing Agenda 21, Scamdemic, one world government, upcoming cyber attacks / alien invasions....

    I think it best the ordinary people resist them on all levels and not welcome them / accept them as inevitable.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing. They then become capable of believing in anything.



Similar Threads

  1. Oumuamua artificial
    By 743 Roadmaster in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 6, 2018, 6:35 PM
  2. the coming era of the artificial womb
    By shemyk344 in forum Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 7, 2018, 6:47 PM
  3. Don't Say or Do Anything that feels artificial
    By jagrmeister in forum For Bachelors
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 25, 2015, 4:51 AM
  4. Artificial Vaginas on the Way (Biological artificial ones)
    By Primus_Pilus in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 15, 2014, 5:48 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 16, 2014, 8:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •