Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,001
    Reputation
    26395
    Type
    Ghost

    Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    The writer pits MGTOW against various historical philosophies.
    His conclusion? MGTOW gets a failing grade. We are just weak-assed pussies.

    https://medium.com/@TXHart/why-are-m...w-7a2d0c28b6a9

    Here is my response to his diatribe, which could well get deleted soon:

    So, really fancy words for:
    a) Real men jump into marriage with 50/50 odds it’s a meat grinder.
    Okay, buddy. fill your boots.
    b) MGTOW are not helping men.
    Correct. We’re warning them. After they choose marriage, there is usually not much we can do to help.
    c) MGTOW secretly desire women.
    Well, sure we do. Women — not the monsters that feminism has created. Those are not women, those are angry gender-confused men with breasts. I am old enough to remember actual women. These “things” are not them.
    But hey, go show us pathetic MGTOW how it’s done there sport!!
    Go all “300” and wife up a “Strong Independent Woman (tm)”
    You’ll soon realize she can lose interest in you as quickly as she gets tired of a smart-phone app.
    But just know this: According to MANY MANY AWAKE MEN, you’re not brave, you’re not a “real man”, you’re a ****ing idiot to play the game DESPITE knowing the rules, the odds, and the sheer idiocracy of it all.
    Sorry, friend, a real man knows when to say “Hey, this game is bullshit.”
    Here’s a story for you, and I just made this up. So it’s a new story you’ve never heard before.
    Soldier: What do we do Sarge?
    Sarge: I keep sending young men to their death until that machine gun nest runs out of ammo.
    Soldier: How long has this gone on?
    Sarge: Better part of a week…
    The soldier shoots Sarge in the head.
    Later on, the new Sarge shows up. He says:
    “Soldier! What was the previous Sergeants thoughts on this situation?”
    Solider: “He said he wanted to call an airstrike on that machine gun nest, sir.”
    -MGTOW forever.
    -Ignore the shame fellas, it’s all these weak bastards have.

    FUCK FEMINISM.
    FUCK MARRIAGE.
    FUCK GYNOCENTRISM.
    FUCK THE MEAT GRINDER.

    LIVE FOR YOU
    .

    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Darkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    210
    Reputation
    912
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    As usual, Insidious_Sid makes cogent, insightful points, especially with the story at the end. I'll confess I breezed through the article, mostly 'cause I don't care what anyone thinks about MGTOW. Anyone. Except me. It works for me. I continue to stay active on this forum because it reinforces the reasons I quit women over a decade ago.

    My question is why do these self-appointed pseudo-intellectuals give a whit about what I do or think on my own time?

  3. #3

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkman View Post
    As usual, Insidious_Sid makes cogent, insightful points, especially with the story at the end. I'll confess I breezed through the article, mostly 'cause I don't care what anyone thinks about MGTOW. Anyone. Except me. It works for me. I continue to stay active on this forum because it reinforces the reasons I quit women over a decade ago.

    My question is why do these self-appointed pseudo-intellectuals give a whit about what I do or think on my own time?
    That is what I have been thinking about all the MGTOW detractors, especially the ardent "I don't need a man" feminists. If you don't need a man why are you up in arms about a relative handful of men saying that they don't need a woman? And for the tradcons, why are they upset. I would think they would be, "Great one (or even many) less man to compete with for the attention of women." That was always my attitude about gay guys back in my misspent youth. Now my attitude towards gay guys is similar to Milo's, those guys are lucky bastards for being able to avoid putting up with women's shit; unfortunately, not available to heterosexual males. The only thing I can think of for the tradcons is they know they are neck deep in shit and can't stand the guys who saw the danger and avoided falling into the cesspit. Mostly they seem angry that we are now pointing out the cesspit to others. In industrial safety courses they say there are two steps to avoiding an industrial accident; 1) seeing a potential danger and 2) avoiding it. They usually add the best thing to do to avoid a danger was to eliminate it. The only way to do that here is let the entire system collapse by nonparticipation.

    As to the feminists we know they have no logic, reason, or sanity so any conflicting and mutually exclusive comments from them is just par for the course.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,001
    Reputation
    26395
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    The Trad Cons think that perseverance and fortitude like grand-daddy had is all it takes to make things work now. Strength, consistently, fortitude, stoicism, and frame. All kinds of good thing that make a man a "real man". The trouble is that manliness has been tarred as toxic by the feminazi social engineers. Masculinity is toxic, and women don't need men. In fact, the tables are turned - the information based economy that is emerging is replacing the manufacturing and production economy as jobs and a big chunk of the supply chain is outsourced. Global multi-national super-companies use their reach to put the cheapest products in the hands of the highest bidder. Truly, women can be completely independent from men. So, then why the fuss when men also want true independence from women? Why are we still required to toe the line for women and children?

    The benefits of chivalry have vanished for men. Now it's time for the privileges females enjoy in that system to vanish as well.

    It's time women finally got a taste of *true* equality.
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    516
    Reputation
    2964
    Type
    AWM

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    People are always trying to call MGTOW a movement instead of a philosophy. MGTOW aren't trying to get any legislation passed, or even change society. MGTOW are simply taking their balls and going home.

    There are even people I normally respect that don't get it, Bill Burr being the obvious one. He did that rant a while back that shows he doesn't get it, even though he is clearly aware of all the issues at play. It is not a mirror of feminism as many claim.

    I think the problem is it is too simple. The human mind just wants to complicate things unnecessarily. If you listen to pop media, all MGTOW are unfuckable neck beards anyway. If that were true then why do they care so much? Their very own Vitriol proves their own theory incorrect. It's really remarkable to watch.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,001
    Reputation
    26395
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    There are even people I normally respect that don't get it, Bill Burr being the obvious one. He did that rant a while back that shows he doesn't get it, even though he is clearly aware of all the issues at play. It is not a mirror of feminism as many claim.
    It's indeed a phenomenon just how engrained the blue-pill programming of greater society is. Feminism has re-written the narrative for women where they have garnered many new rights and privileges, while nothing has been revised on the male side. In fact, instead of improving things for males as well, there seems to be this "backlash" against this former "rule of the male". Trouble is, this backlash seriously fails to look at the apex fallacy - 99% of men don't have this white-male high society privilege they theorize about. Our careers were not handed to us on a silver platter, but feminism makes it seem that way. Women are easily drawn in: it's not FAIR! they screech. But perhaps the biggest evidence of this change in the balance of power between the genders is the vilification of masculinity and all things male. Even blatant examples of discrimination against men and important men's issues are wiped off the table because why? Because we've had our "turn" as "evil oppressor" and now it's women's turn to wield power? WTF? But this is how the narrative plays out when put into practice. Exhault women, ignore men. Men can 'change and adapt and man up or become obsolete. fuck men'. This is why feminism is really a hate movement whereby women feel justified in persecuting men because they deserve some retribution for being an unfair leader/ruled (oppressor) in the past, so it's women's turn to be an oppressor. Equality for the feminist really means "women suffered under men, now men will suffer under women". They don't want equality as much as they want revenge.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    I think the problem is it is too simple. The human mind just wants to complicate things unnecessarily. If you listen to pop media, all MGTOW are unfuckable neck beards anyway. If that were true then why do they care so much? Their very own Vitriol proves their own theory incorrect. It's really remarkable to watch.
    People need to try and understand feminism and MGTOW is the simplest terms possible because people these days typically only have cursory understandings of most things.

    Feminism: Equality between the sexes, no more no less.
    MGTOW: Bitter angry men who can't get laid.

    These mind-blowing over-simplifications are required to fit people's neat and tidy narratives for things that are far more complex and far more influential than they think. Men laugh off both MGTOW *AND* feminism... until such time they themselves are at the front of the kangaroo divorce and family law courts.

    Then they are hit with a shit-tonne of sobering reality.

    "Oh. This is the hell those other guys talked about that I thought would never happen to me because I was a 'happy wife = happy life' guy."

    Yeah. This is the hell. Welcome aboard.

    We know most men are too busy chasing ass or too busy pandering to the girlfriend of wife to dare start talking about men's issues.

    Trouble is, half or more of them will end up right here: wondering what the fuck happened and why we let it happen.
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  7. #7
    Member Jonitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    374
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    The article is...well, it's crap. I don't see anything in it that speaks of the writer's accomplishments. It's not well thought out, it flows like Billy in Family Circus, and it takes forever to make it's points. The writer is hoping that if he uses enough flowery language and cites examples, that he can hook readers into sticking through his intellectual drivel long enough to read what HE actually thinks. Then, when he finally gets around to making his point, it seems as though all of his research was for nothing, as he doesn't grasp the topic he is writing about.

    I think he had his conclusions drawn up before sitting down to write, then he went through the process of stuffing tens pounds of literary shit into a five pound sack to justify his own opinions. He lacks credibility.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,001
    Reputation
    26395
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Yeah, I'm wordy and sometimes I could condense my stuff - and I am by no means an accomplished writer.

    This guy wrote a book, comparing MGTOW to various philosophies.
    Then he writes:

    "In conclusion: MGTOW sucks because (a), (b), (c), (d)" and basically rattles off every blue-pill assumption ever made about MGTOW.

    MGTOW is like the miners trying to move a mountain with children's beach toys who say "This is working. Trying harder is not the answer here."

    The other thing that pisses me off is this:

    Feminism is taking women, gender relations and society in general and throwing it into a big wood chipper and calling what comes out the other side progress. It's a fucking mess. So, while the "big strong traditional men with fortitude" are trying to hold society together, there are major forces that are right there to smash it apart again.

    Are these men really fighting against feminism, individualism, materialism, consumerism, fanaticism, narcissism and solipsism? Do they REALLY care about greated society? Or are they just "maintaining frame" and playing along? Look at the church: the supposed last bastion of morality. Now they're up to their armpits in LGBTQ acceptance and washroom problems, even though it spells it out pretty clearly in the bible that LGBTQ is a definite no-no. The separate school system is in the same boat: they let LGBTQ people in the door in the name of SJW inclusiveness, but now they don't know what to DO with these kids. What washroom do they use? Can they start LGBTQ student groups and clubs? Can they fly the rainbow flag? In my mind, the church and school system deserve exactly what they are getting for trying to pander to the special snowflake groups. Ironically, these very institutions call upon MEN TO BE MEN and be leaders of their families and communities.

    It's ironic because while they expect men to stand their ground and not waver nor falter in the face of "sin and moral depravity" they kowtow (and thus espouse) the values of the regressive left and toxic anti-family, anti-heterosexual feminism.

    It's no small wonder men are leaving the church in droves.

    Why go to a place where a priest (with no relevant experience on what motivates modern women) is lambasting men while the women in the congregation sneer and elbow their husbands?
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nuggets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,073
    Reputation
    10306
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikediver View Post
    The only thing I can think of for the tradcons is they know they are neck deep in shit and can't stand the guys who saw the danger and avoided falling into the cesspit. Mostly they seem angry that we are now pointing out the cesspit to others.
    I think this is 100% true. Often when I talk to blue pill guys, they present a lot of self-deprecating humor, like it's some kind of defense mechanism. They're really not enjoying themselves overall, but they either turn it into a joke or focus on a single positive event, like how they were allowed to get laid this month, so it's all good. I was wondering, how many blue pill guys actually fully understand what a bad deal they're in, but play it the opposite way because they want to save face or because of pressure from other people they know. They probably outnumber the totally oblivious blue pill guys who never think twice.

    It's funny that they alternate between extreme emotions when it comes to single guys. They want to virtue signal and lecture us, they want to pity us (in front of an audience), but if they really just think we're losers, why even engage in the first place?

    If you're single, they can't do the self-deprecating misery loves company routine with you, and you're not predictable. When a guy publicly confirms his submissive status, then at least everyone knows what to expect out of him. He's "not going to get any ideas".
    Last edited by Nuggets; July 31, 2017 at 10:54 PM.
    "The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure" - William Blake

    Nuggets = chicken nuggets. First thing that popped into my head when I signed up

  10. #10
    Senior Member Nuggets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,073
    Reputation
    10306
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus View Post
    The writer is hoping that if he uses enough flowery language and cites examples, that he can hook readers into sticking through his intellectual drivel long enough to read what HE actually thinks. Then, when he finally gets around to making his point, it seems as though all of his research was for nothing, as he doesn't grasp the topic he is writing about.
    That's the strategy of all academic writing now - at least in the critical theory type subjects where the goal is to invent as much sexism, racism, (insert anything)-ism as possible. They're just playing madlibs with words like heteronormative, patriarchy, deconstruction, etc. There truly does not have to be an actual point as long as enough buzzwords are inserted.
    "The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure" - William Blake

    Nuggets = chicken nuggets. First thing that popped into my head when I signed up

  11. #11
    Senior Member Nuggets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,073
    Reputation
    10306
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious_Sid View Post
    -Ignore the shame fellas, it’s all these weak bastards have.
    Sorry to triple post, but there are too many excellent points in this thread.

    This is really the bottom line. What's worse, having some dumb haters complain, or getting your soul crushed via nagging, drama, and negativity (best case scenario) over the course of decades?

    If there's one thing I can tell lurkers, it's that wives and girlfriends are masters of stressing you the fuck out for no reason. Hmm why do I suddenly get this sinking chest pain every time she starts going off about how I'm not reading her mind effectively? Why do I feel like absolute garbage even though I treated everyone respectfully today?

    They're trying to make you as scatterbrained and emotionally chaotic as they are (even though they'll hate you for it). Take it from me, and any other guy who exercises his simple pattern recognition skills, they ALL do that. Why bother? In my last LTR, I felt so unbelievably shitty on such a regular basis that it was like an illness. In all my single days, it's never come close to even a fraction of that feeling. It's because you won't have this person following you around who's subconsciously dedicating her time to understanding all your insecurities and weaknesses at the deepest possible level.

    I'll consider NAWALT when I encounter one women (just one) who isn't attention whoring and texting 24 hours a day. So yeah, not gonna happen.
    "The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure" - William Blake

    Nuggets = chicken nuggets. First thing that popped into my head when I signed up

  12. #12
    Member Jonitus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    69
    Reputation
    374
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
    That's the strategy of all academic writing now - at least in the critical theory type subjects where the goal is to invent as much sexism, racism, (insert anything)-ism as possible. They're just playing madlibs with words like heteronormative, patriarchy, deconstruction, etc. There truly does not have to be an actual point as long as enough buzzwords are inserted.
    Oh tell me about it. I'm in the process of writing my dissertation, and the WAY I have to write it chaps my ass. Just yesterday, I got an opportunity to use a buzzword I had never before used in my writings "parsimony". Ridiculous.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16215

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    People are always trying to call MGTOW a movement instead of a philosophy. MGTOW aren't trying to get any legislation passed, or even change society. MGTOW are simply taking their balls and going home.

    There are even people I normally respect that don't get it, Bill Burr being the obvious one. He did that rant a while back that shows he doesn't get it, even though he is clearly aware of all the issues at play. It is not a mirror of feminism as many claim.

    I think the problem is it is too simple. The human mind just wants to complicate things unnecessarily. If you listen to pop media, all MGTOW are unfuckable neck beards anyway. If that were true then why do they care so much? Their very own Vitriol proves their own theory incorrect. It's really remarkable to watch.
    Bill Burr ... i used to have lots of respect for the dude ...but ... his jokes got old and he married what he married . 100% against his jokes .

    Even being a famous person he had to marry leftovers because nature just was not generous to him and even fame cant get him hot chicks .

    And he still doesnt get it

    I hate to say this about him
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    516
    Reputation
    2964
    Type
    AWM

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Bill Burr gets most of it. He just hasn't found a way out of it. He has stated very plainly that his biggest fear is dying alone. He's even got a bit where he talks about his wife using that as leverage on him.

    Critics of MGTOW have said that a MGTOW is one blowjob away from putting women back on the pedestal. More than one formerly prominent MGTOW content producer have suddenly gone dark after finding their true wuv.

    In my mind it is the one failing of MGTOW and the ever present elephant in the room. Nobody has really articulated a way to completely vanquish our hardwired desire to bond. Mind you, this doesn't discredit MGTOW in any way. It simply points to the fact that their is more work to be done on this front. Some are content to wait for sexbots, but I doubt those will truly quench the urge either, at least until they are completely indistinguishable from real people.

    Bill has well articulated the problem in all his comedy. He also owns up to his frailties. I can't ask much more from someone.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,337
    Reputation
    16018
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Men are human as well, so we should accept that at face value when presented with social traps.

    Society has re-wired men to think of themselves as emotionless automatons and this is why they don't understand mgtow. They view mgtow as a victim complex but in reality mgtow is walking away from a society asking men to cater to the victim hood complex (eg feminists, female tradcons, etc).

    If men are doing their own thing and going their own way and women are growing more independent that is the true way toward egalitarianism. But deep down people in general can't accept egalitarianism because it would mean two things:

    1. Men's fears, and feelings about financial devastation and false accusations would be acknowledged.
    2. Women would step up to the plate and fill the financial gap while moving away from victim hood olympics and ween themselves off of government support.

    Talking about a problem and doing something about (eg walking away) that problem is a valid and logical response for any human being. Talking about a problem and trying to arm twists the rest of society to fit your ideals is the ultimate victim hood complex (eg feminism). This is why MRA's are perceived as victim hood olympians, because men asking for a little in return from society is obviously a big no no.

    Too many people lack the critical thinking skills to understand that male disagreement isn't rage, males talking to one another about the pitfalls of marriage isn't victim hood. And men talking to other men for financial freedom or improved quality of life isn't being a neckbeard.

    While mgtow does spread across the web, it will always be limited. Mgtow will be limited, because most people don't want to think for themselves and would rather pay someone else to do it for them or pay someone else to medicate them.

    That is the sad state of affairs where humanity is at where people are no longer strong individuals and no longer are there strong families or communities (especially in urban areas).

    Rural areas hold onto resiliency still, because it requires people to work hard and to think about their actions short and long term. The failure of the current social contract is summarily a result of urban development, technology and female entitlement via the big daddy .gov.

    The west is done for and the less gynocentric countries will surpass the west because there is social order to things whether I agree with it or not. I acknowledge there are cultures less gynocentric that understand that males need a seat at the table too not just women.

    If men are not considered a part of humanity then men shouldn't even bother standing next to a table with no chairs available IMO.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16215

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    Bill Burr gets most of it. He just hasn't found a way out of it. He has stated very plainly that his biggest fear is dying alone. He's even got a bit where he talks about his wife using that as leverage on him.

    Critics of MGTOW have said that a MGTOW is one blowjob away from putting women back on the pedestal. More than one formerly prominent MGTOW content producer have suddenly gone dark after finding their true wuv.

    In my mind it is the one failing of MGTOW and the ever present elephant in the room. Nobody has really articulated a way to completely vanquish our hardwired desire to bond. Mind you, this doesn't discredit MGTOW in any way. It simply points to the fact that their is more work to be done on this front. Some are content to wait for sexbots, but I doubt those will truly quench the urge either, at least until they are completely indistinguishable from real people.

    Bill has well articulated the problem in all his comedy. He also owns up to his frailties. I can't ask much more from someone.
    As i posted in one previous post . Men are all for MGTOW and all the shit , they know its a money scam . But once they make it in life they quickly change their tune .

    They become very satisfied that they can provide for their bitch . And deem other as losers for not doing so .

    Just human nature . It only takes a chick hot enough .


    ( if not money and fame that behemot black chick would puke if Bill chatted her up )
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  17. #17
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,001
    Reputation
    26395
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    Critics of MGTOW have said that a MGTOW is one blowjob away from putting women back on the pedestal. More than one formerly prominent MGTOW content producer have suddenly gone dark after finding their true wuv.
    This is a MASSIVE PROJECTION made by blue-pill men. It's blue pill men who will get on their back, belly up, for a domineering wife or girlfriend after his "annual pee pee suck". FUCK THEM. If I get a blowjob hey that's fantastic. If I ever get a lady friend who's crazy about sex, hey wonderful. But she's NOT MOVING IN and he's NOT GETTING A KEY and we're NOT GETTING MARRIED. Sorry for the shouting, but they're just not fucking listening. Or maybe they just won't hear things that don't fit their narrative.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    In my mind it is the one failing of MGTOW and the ever present elephant in the room. Nobody has really articulated a way to completely vanquish our hardwired desire to bond. Mind you, this doesn't discredit MGTOW in any way. It simply points to the fact that their is more work to be done on this front. Some are content to wait for sexbots, but I doubt those will truly quench the urge either, at least until they are completely indistinguishable from real people.
    Interesting point. For me, mid forties, probably suffer from depression of some kind... I have not been with anyone else since my divorce. I've even had a few opportunities, but I actually wasn't really into it. The Red Pill awakening hit me HARD. I mean, between my reduced libido (depression? BP med?) and my newfound views on women and relationships, sex just isn't a priority for me AT ALL. I rub one out a couple times a month and I'm good. Besides, a 40 y.o. vagina that's pushed out a few kids combined with wearing a condom? That's like putting a wiener in a plastic bag and throwing it down a hallway. She's thinks she's sending me to nirvana, but really after humping away for 20 minutes I would probably just want to excuse myself and go rub one out in front of the computer. I'd love to have a steady fuck friend that I could raw-dog with, but even if I get the vasectomy and eliminate oopsie babies, I still have STDs to worry about. I don't have any - but many many women have one or more. Herpes would be TERRIBLE - I don't *want it*. So really, in the heat of the moment, sex seems like such a panacea, but really it's a bunch of risk for something that you can do more intensely with your right hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    Bill has well articulated the problem in all his comedy. He also owns up to his frailties. I can't ask much more from someone.
    Well, Bill Burr is a businessman after all, and his comedy is his brand. Aside from filling halls and making people in them laugh, he's really under no obligation to stick to any specific guns. It's neat that he took shots at feminism and it's GREAT how he imitates women and pokes fun at their emotion-based idiocy, but you have to remember: his audiences are still largely blue-pill men and women, probably couples or people on dates. He can push... but he can't push too far. If she's not laughing anymore on the car-ride home, guys won't buy tickets for that shit. She'll say "He's really funny, but you don't REALLY feel like that about ME do you?" He says "Ha ha. Hahahaha. Of COURSE NOT honey! I love all of your little trists and intrigues! That's why I fell in love with you in the FIRST PLACE!" Burr is a genius. He's taking on subject matter most "new age" comedians won't touch with a *ten foot pole* but he knows his audience and he knows where to draw the line. Could he go full Red Pill on women with HIS MIND? Sure he could - it would be AWESOME. But it would probably be bad for business. He can shake the blue pillers up a bit, but god forbid if he goes too far into red pill and starts waking them up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    Too many people lack the critical thinking skills to understand that male disagreement isn't rage, males talking to one another about the pitfalls of marriage isn't victim hood. And men talking to other men for financial freedom or improved quality of life isn't being a neckbeard.
    A woman can get a man to pay for her lifestyle for the rest of her life after leaving a marriage. Nobody bats an eye. A man asks for a better shovel or more time to finish a project and they call him a wimp. Now, theoretically, feminists want to eliminate these gender biases, but so far all we've seen is family law and divorce court proceedings get worse (or at best, stay the same). Feminists want to end the gender biases that discriminate against women. The gender biases that keep men's head down and ass up at work, working long hours and paying mucho taxes, is not a very big concern for them. I wonder why...
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    516
    Reputation
    2964
    Type
    AWM

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Patrice Oneal was the master at spitting red pill truth in public. I'd love to see how far he might have gone if he could have put down the ice cream.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    2,132
    Reputation
    8697
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkman View Post
    As usual, Insidious_Sid makes cogent, insightful points, especially with the story at the end. I'll confess I breezed through the article, mostly 'cause I don't care what anyone thinks about MGTOW. Anyone. Except me. It works for me. I continue to stay active on this forum because it reinforces the reasons I quit women over a decade ago.

    My question is why do these self-appointed pseudo-intellectuals give a whit about what I do or think on my own time?
    It's not sinners like us they care about. It's young blue pill dudes and recently divorced men trade cons don't want to lose. We are making some blue pill types nervous is my guess, and its why there's more stories like this.

    You'd think the trade cons would be happy to see a few guys leave, but they are not. Probably they have fat sister in laws living at home, and they wont marry themselves. That, and if we are right, their not only stupid, but well and truly up shit creek.

    To me there's room for both viewpoints, but have never heard of a trade con or white knight who thinks like that.
    Last edited by frog; August 2, 2017 at 2:23 AM.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Nuggets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,073
    Reputation
    10306
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Very accomplished writer takes loooong slow sniper shot at MGTOW

    Quote Originally Posted by pbisque View Post
    In my mind it is the one failing of MGTOW and the ever present elephant in the room. Nobody has really articulated a way to completely vanquish our hardwired desire to bond. Mind you, this doesn't discredit MGTOW in any way. It simply points to the fact that their is more work to be done on this front. Some are content to wait for sexbots, but I doubt those will truly quench the urge either, at least until they are completely indistinguishable from real people.
    I'm really starting to see the value of porn. I used to feel bad about it sometimes strictly due to the social stigma, but that's pretty much vanished. I just try to keep in mind what I'm saving with porn. When it comes to relationship sex and hookups, I really don't feel like dealing with all the inevitable baggage. With porn I can get off and be done with it, but when dating is involved, I have to think about all this extra nonsense. Pregnancies, stds, drama, false accusations. I have to stick around for a while after so she doesn't feel slutty (to keep the supply going). "Where is this relationship going". Spending money. The list goes on and on. Porn is simple, sex is not simple.

    So yeah, that doesn't really address your point, it's still the main issue and way easier said than done. Just some things I'm trying to keep in mind.
    "The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure" - William Blake

    Nuggets = chicken nuggets. First thing that popped into my head when I signed up


Similar Threads

  1. Is the site slow?
    By jagrmeister in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 27, 2017, 11:30 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 1, 2016, 4:38 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 1, 2016, 11:16 AM
  4. Female writer: Marriage is better than ever!
    By Chairborne in forum Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: February 10, 2015, 6:23 AM
  5. Sniper Mum goes free
    By Neo in forum Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 30, 2014, 6:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •