Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    "More and more couples are calling it quits on their long-term marriages, and this so-called “gray divorce” can throw retirement plans into disarray. But careful planning can mitigate the financial fallout, advisors say.According to data from the Pew Research Center, divorce rates among people over 50 have doubled since the 1990s. Those at particular financial risk are spouses who might have stayed at home to raise a family — who are not always, but most typically, women. Divorce can be particularly disorienting for spouses who sidelined a career to raise a family and have little or no retirement savings in their own name. Some might also have ceded control of the family finances to their breadwinning partner, so they don’t have a strong foundation on which to build a new financial plan . . . "
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/pers...ent/ar-BBZstwh

    Divorced men who have retired: What is your favorite food to buy after paying your lifetime alimony monthly payment and debts? Kennel Rations or Alpo?

  2. #2
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,144
    Reputation
    11717
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    BTW, you can tell the article is written for women. FWIW.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax and register-her.net

  3. #3
    Senior Member Knarley Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Kandiyohi County, Minnesota
    Posts
    454
    Reputation
    2090
    Type
    Toxic old fart

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Bury your money some where, not the Ex. You WILL get caught.
    Don't marry, date, cohabitate nor impregnate.
    I don't know if a Pre-nup does any good, stay poor, she won't want you any way.
    When the first one runs off, call it quits THEN, no sense in kicking a skunk twice.
    As soon as she says "I do", she don't
    MOLON LABE......."Come take them"

  4. #4
    Senior Member Boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    448
    Reputation
    3285
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    If divorce is so bewildering to whimyn, then why do they overwhelmingly ask for it? They have done the math and they know the cash and prizes that await. It is not that they do not have access to capital to fund retirements, it is their attempts to return to the carousel that bankrupt them. Besides, if they follow the universal divorce narrative (see Eat, Love, Pray and other divorce-porn tripe) they will meet their secret millionaire stud to take care of them.

    I foresee future riots over the price of cat food.

  5. #5

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Knarley Bob View Post
    Bury your money some where, not the Ex. You WILL get caught.
    Don't marry, date, cohabitate nor impregnate.
    I don't know if a Pre-nup does any good, stay poor, she won't want you any way.
    When the first one runs off, call it quits THEN, no sense in kicking a skunk twice.
    Yes, I've learned while I'm young, doing well for myself, that's when all the women show up to want something from me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    134
    Reputation
    835
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatoshadow2 View Post
    Yes, I've learned while I'm young, doing well for myself, that's when all the women show up to want something from me.
    I find the best strategy is to quietly conceal your wealth.

  7. #7

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by stanmsl View Post
    I find the best strategy is to quietly conceal your wealth.
    Yes sir, great advice to follow.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    29
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    I was very fortunate in my divorce. When it came to dividing assets, the only major assets we had were equity in the house and my retirement account. In order for her to claim half of the retirement, she would have had to buy me out of half the house. She had no money. So, she got the house and the equity and I got my retirement in tack. Win win for me. I didn’t have to worry about rebuilding my retirement. Now, my retirement looks better than it did pre-divorce for one major reason. Because I will only have to account for one person. Before, I had to plan for her and me. I can survive on a lot less without her in the picture.
    As for her retirement plan, she went and got engaged before we were divorced. In the time span of 8 months, she found a married man (he was married only 8 months), shacked up with him in my house, and was engaged. They are married now and have been for a few years. So, she’s still on her plan for retirement that she’s always been on...a man. Men are a resource for women. Yet, she always preached she didn’t need a man and drills that into our daughters head. Yeah, you don’t need a man and you’re setting a great example for our daughter. AWALT!

  9. #9

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MAM5150 View Post
    I was very fortunate in my divorce. When it came to dividing assets, the only major assets we had were equity in the house and my retirement account. In order for her to claim half of the retirement, she would have had to buy me out of half the house. She had no money. So, she got the house and the equity and I got my retirement in tack. Win win for me. I didn’t have to worry about rebuilding my retirement. Now, my retirement looks better than it did pre-divorce for one major reason. Because I will only have to account for one person. Before, I had to plan for her and me. I can survive on a lot less without her in the picture.
    As for her retirement plan, she went and got engaged before we were divorced. In the time span of 8 months, she found a married man (he was married only 8 months), shacked up with him in my house, and was engaged. They are married now and have been for a few years. So, she’s still on her plan for retirement that she’s always been on...a man. Men are a resource for women. Yet, she always preached she didn’t need a man and drills that into our daughters head. Yeah, you don’t need a man and you’re setting a great example for our daughter. AWALT!
    She needs to learn how to get a job, wait that is super hard for any woman, young women my age are a joke, still live with her parents, shitty job and no goals or goal to get out of life, so happy I found MGTOW at my age.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,100
    Reputation
    27092
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Here's my top 5.

    1. Never get married
    2. Never cohabit
    3. Never bang without protection or a vasectomy
    4. Don't be a daddy to another man's kids
    5. Don't spend $$$ being Captain Save a Ho.

    Bam. All the fruits of your labor are your own. Bonus points for 6.

    6. Figure out ways to trade/barter, pay less taxes and have side hustles that pay cash.

    Taxes = paying for women and their whorespawn.
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  11. #11

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious_Sid View Post
    Here's my top 5.

    1. Never get married
    2. Never cohabit
    3. Never bang without protection or a vasectomy
    4. Don't be a daddy to another man's kids
    5. Don't spend $$$ being Captain Save a Ho.

    Bam. All the fruits of your labor are your own. Bonus points for 6.

    6. Figure out ways to trade/barter, pay less taxes and have side hustles that pay cash.

    Taxes = paying for women and their whorespawn.
    Yes great advice.

  12. #12
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    926
    Reputation
    4545
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Dont get married. Simple as that. If you are too brainwashed & blind to see how marriage really is then you deserve to be screwed over.

  13. #13
    Senior Member stanmsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
    Posts
    134
    Reputation
    835
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MGTOWFOREVER View Post
    Dont get married. Simple as that. If you are too brainwashed & blind to see how marriage really is then you deserve to be screwed over.
    Fully agree..

    There is more than enough statistics on divorce rates, cheating, dead bedroom marriages etc..... that anyone can access in a few minutes on the internet that wasn't available 20 odd years ago.

    Funny how some people will spend hours painstaking studying statistics for betting a few hours income on a horse race or a fantasy sports league.

    But unfortunately never apply the same reasoning to a person they will marry, live with and have children with, effectively gambling a significant proportion of their life, wealth and sanity.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,100
    Reputation
    27092
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Women and blue-pill society says that men and women are equal now, so marriage is just all about looooooooove lolololol. The same old laws apply, and when she's divorcing, there is NO love there - but she's sure as hell going after your money.

    Stop a marriage - save a life!! MGTOW!!
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  15. #15
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    926
    Reputation
    4545
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    This sums up marriage.

    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #16

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by MGTOWFOREVER View Post
    This sums up marriage.


    "Jane....his wife!"

    The Jetsons had such a well crafted musical theme, it acts a powerful example of what the Germans call an "ear worm:" 50 years later, I can recall the little piano interlude in the middle of the song.
    Last edited by sam luis obispo; February 7, 2020 at 3:11 AM.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  17. #17

    Re: 5 Ways to Stop Divorce from Wrecking Your Retirement

    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious_Sid View Post
    Women and blue-pill society says that men and women are equal now, so marriage is just all about looooooooove lolololol. The same old laws apply, and when she's divorcing, there is NO love there - but she's sure as hell going after your money.

    Stop a marriage - save a life!! MGTOW!!
    Yes save your life for yourself without women.


Similar Threads

  1. Raise Retirement Age for Women
    By ChewStar in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 3, 2018, 9:44 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: January 17, 2018, 1:38 PM
  3. Retirement Plans
    By riki12345 in forum Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 18, 2017, 3:59 PM
  4. Planning retirement, and moving abroad.
    By Eskorteprinsen in forum Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 11, 2017, 5:15 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: June 5, 2015, 8:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •