Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92

Thread: Double Life?

  1. #61

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    Went I went fully MGTOW, I felt released from the need to be someone, a character, interesting etc. I hardly ever express myself, unless I feel like it. I suppose this is me instinctively keeping my cards close to my chest, but it's also the fact that I consider the vast majority of people to be childish or otherwise pathetic. Lol. I quite like being the grey man.
    I think it's really important to keep your cards close to your chest. That becomes especially important if you work in a job where political correctness reigns supreme. I also think that using the grey man concept works very well.

    Sometimes, I feel like I'm just too smart and everyone else it dumb.
    In the future there will be robots.

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    20
    Reputation
    16
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Double Life?

    Bonobo Protocol, you are the guy who got me to stop lurking.

    Yes, i feel very much like i am living a double life.



    somehow the culture does not like that, that is why it feels bad/wrong.

    every time something happens that makes me feel bad, i ask myself if it is cultural programming.

    Double lives are fine. Give me a reason to quintuple life it up.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    1,731
    Reputation
    3184
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by HK 95 View Post
    Bonobo Protocol, you are the guy who got me to stop lurking.

    Yes, i feel very much like i am living a double life.



    somehow the culture does not like that, that is why it feels bad/wrong.

    every time something happens that makes me feel bad, i ask myself if it is cultural programming.

    Double lives are fine. Give me a reason to quintuple life it up.
    Don’t sweat it. We all lead double lives, at least to some extent. I don’t care if you’re red-pill, purple-pill or blue pill, we all have things that we hide from others.

    IRL I’m about as straight-up as they come. I call it as I see it. But only up to a point. Many can’t handle the full truth so I drop it in in dribs and drabs, as much as I think they can handle.

    So what’s the “full truth” you may ask. Honestly, I don’t know, but what I do know is it begins with looking at things with a rational mind. Emotions are part of humanity and shouldn’t be ignored, and indeed should be indulged in from time to time, but they need to be viewed in perspective.

    Take your time. I’m in my mid-fifties and I’m still learning.

    somehow the culture does not like that, that is why it feels bad/wrong.
    The “culture” as you put it is the source of the problem. They, the undefinable “they”, wish you to behave in a manner that is acceptable to them, except there is no way to appease everyone, so don’t bother trying. This is the essence of political correctness – everyone is at fault!

    The “they” want everyone to be unhappy, within this they can implement their own agendas while people are looking elsewhere. Don’t fall for it.
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.

  4. #64

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by HK 95 View Post
    Bonobo Protocol, you are the guy who got me to stop lurking.

    Yes, i feel very much like i am living a double life.



    somehow the culture does not like that, that is why it feels bad/wrong.

    every time something happens that makes me feel bad, i ask myself if it is cultural programming.

    Double lives are fine. Give me a reason to quintuple life it up.
    Glad my thoughts on the matter could get you to participate.
    In the future there will be robots.

  5. #65
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    428
    Reputation
    551
    Type
    Bachelor, Ghost, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Double Life?

    Double life. According to whom? Others, or yourself?
    It's wise to conceal some aspects of yourself, especially as a man in an incredibly hostile environment. It was probably ever thus.
    But it's also not healthy, I think, to really worry about how you're being portrayed all the time, or to have different personas to adhere to. That smacks of ego and not of freedom.
    There is also wisdom in showing yourself. It brings the cunts out the woodwork and you can see very early on who has good or malicious intent.
    I like to shock people and see how they respond. And demand their honesty and sincerity. In doing so I find out more about them quicker.
    All those people who find out years down the line their mates are cunts? Blue pillers. Not happening to me.
    Keep your distance, show yourself, observe. 98% of people will not be worth your time.
    It's a hard path to walk for sure. But it's gotten easier.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    Live your dreams, spread truth and uphold the Logos.
    Let your very existence be an act of rebellion.

  6. #66
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    807
    Reputation
    1569
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    Double life. According to whom? Others, or yourself?
    It's wise to conceal some aspects of yourself, especially as a man in an incredibly hostile environment. It was probably ever thus.
    But it's also not healthy, I think, to really worry about how you're being portrayed all the time, or to have different personas to adhere to. That smacks of ego and not of freedom.
    There is also wisdom in showing yourself. It brings the cunts out the woodwork and you can see very early on who has good or malicious intent.
    I like to shock people and see how they respond. And demand their honesty and sincerity. In doing so I find out more about them quicker.
    All those people who find out years down the line their mates are cunts? Blue pillers. Not happening to me.
    Keep your distance, show yourself, observe. 98% of people will not be worth your time.
    It's a hard path to walk for sure. But it's gotten easier.
    Same. I am also pretty blunt with people who interact with me. I have lost some friends this way (and I had very few to begin with), but thats fine. I'd rather be alone than with those kind of people.

    Though I understand, for some people this is not really a choice for one reason or the other.
    If you dont understand recursion yet, read this sentence again.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    250
    Reputation
    3092
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Double Life?

    At work I make sure to pass as a reserved but friendly normie. My only goal there is to get paid with a minimum of fuss. With friends though, I've had to ditch a bunch of leftists recently because I won't censor myself around them. If someone thinks they can disrespect me because orange man bad, there's the door. I have no problem with the ones who can remain polite.

  8. #68

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Gone View Post
    At work I make sure to pass as a reserved but friendly normie. My only goal there is to get paid with a minimum of fuss. With friends though, I've had to ditch a bunch of leftists recently because I won't censor myself around them. If someone thinks they can disrespect me because orange man bad, there's the door. I have no problem with the ones who can remain polite.
    That is one thing that I've noticed at work. You have to be polite especially in these overly, politically correct times. It's not so much about actually getting a job done, but making sure that you are acting like you're doing a job.
    In the future there will be robots.

  9. #69
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    3,224
    Reputation
    10532
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonobo Protocol View Post
    That is one thing that I've noticed at work. You have to be polite especially in these overly, politically correct times. It's not so much about actually getting a job done, but making sure that you are acting like you're doing a job.
    And meanwhile, while everyone has their politically correct fingers up each other's ass, they'll be outsourcing everyone's stink-finger job to the Chinese!
    MGTOW is justice brewed to perfection!

  10. #70
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    428
    Reputation
    551
    Type
    Bachelor, Ghost, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonobo Protocol View Post
    That is one thing that I've noticed at work. You have to be polite especially in these overly, politically correct times. It's not so much about actually getting a job done, but making sure that you are acting like you're doing a job.
    Feminised. Nice to your face, stab you in the back. Want to say you think the scamdemic is a hoax? Prepare to be treated like a stinking homeless bum or a leper from then on.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    Live your dreams, spread truth and uphold the Logos.
    Let your very existence be an act of rebellion.

  11. #71
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,594
    Reputation
    16751
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Double Life?

    People often assume that work is a drag for me but I see it as a way to be paid for doing very little or doing what I want and enjoy.

    You work if you want to work and if you want to do the minimum that is okay too. You are just trading your time for money so a lot of times people over think this. If your time you are trading for money isn't worthwhile? Then find another job or a job that allows you to do the minimum and be paid the same or better.

  12. #72
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    428
    Reputation
    551
    Type
    Bachelor, Ghost, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    People often assume that work is a drag for me but I see it as a way to be paid for doing very little or doing what I want and enjoy.

    You work if you want to work and if you want to do the minimum that is okay too. You are just trading your time for money so a lot of times people over think this. If your time you are trading for money isn't worthwhile? Then find another job or a job that allows you to do the minimum and be paid the same or better.
    I agree. My attitude was you spend so much time doing it, why not strive to find something you like. Or at least don't hate.

    I hated most jobs because of all the other bullshit that actually prevented you from doing your job. Meetings, dealing with morons, overly emotional people, hand wringing, low IQ and sociopathic assholes. But I kept changing and eventually got into doing something where I get to play, and pursue the truth (design). They have now made it mandatory to test before going in, so looks like I won't be doing that. This is fine as it allows me to avoid the rather annoying social aspect of work.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    Live your dreams, spread truth and uphold the Logos.
    Let your very existence be an act of rebellion.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Posts
    1,731
    Reputation
    3184
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    You are just trading your time for money so a lot of times people over think this.
    This is so true.

    Earn lots if you can, though most of us can’t for many reasons, but whatever happens don’t lose sight of the fact that a job is a means to an end.

    Take pride in your work, but never lose sight of why you work – to allow you to live life. If you spend your life devoted to your job, where is the living bit?

    That being said, if I’d taken a few years out of living life and worked a little cleverer when in my prime I may not be the unemployable (over 50) person I am today.

    Trading time for money.
    How much time for how much money? What is the cost benefit ratio when the benefits are impossible to quantify and the losses so easy to identify?

    Many, like me, sought to mitigate the losses. I worked to live, I never lived to work!

    Am I overthinking this?

    Aw shit!
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.

  14. #74

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    People often assume that work is a drag for me but I see it as a way to be paid for doing very little or doing what I want and enjoy.

    You work if you want to work and if you want to do the minimum that is okay too. You are just trading your time for money so a lot of times people over think this. If your time you are trading for money isn't worthwhile? Then find another job or a job that allows you to do the minimum and be paid the same or better.
    It's best to just keep things in perspective. I've mentioned this a bunch in other posts but people seem to think altruism is a virtue. I think it can be but you must look after number 1 first. A lot of employers want you do always, "strive to better yourself" you know, "for your career advancement". To the naive or the untrained ear, it's basically saying do more with less. That employer wants you to work those long, unpaid hours and work during lunch if possible. Our government is devaluing our currency through inflation so you aren't even trading your time for something that holds it's value.

    I think it's best to work as much as you have to and that's it. Don't buy into the false religion of altruism.
    In the future there will be robots.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,594
    Reputation
    16751
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Double Life?

    I suppose I was trained as a child that work is work which is why I don't understand the attachment that some develop with a job. I suppose if you enjoy the work you do but like my father used to say if you enjoy a job so much why work for someone else and go work for yourself?

    With the rise of the gig economy the independent worker working from home is more of a reality and will be the future. Only reason retail establishments still exist is just for social experiences that people crave IMO.

    I have also learned that the double life concept becomes more important with the hysteria of covid 19 still ongoing. It seems like some people can not tolerate different perspectives or ways to approach life and become very belligerent.

    Flying under the radar is actually more appealing to me now than it was 10 years ago. Ghostly life is actually something I fully embrace now. I find it fascinating how people can learn different things during the plandemic. For me I learned that self reliance is even more important to me that I wanted to admit.

  16. #76

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post

    I have also learned that the double life concept becomes more important with the hysteria of covid 19 still ongoing. It seems like some people can not tolerate different perspectives or ways to approach life and become very belligerent.

    Flying under the radar is actually more appealing to me now than it was 10 years ago. Ghostly life is actually something I fully embrace now. I find it fascinating how people can learn different things during the plandemic. For me I learned that self reliance is even more important to me that I wanted to admit.
    Good God Azure Nomad! I just had to log in to reply to this because it literally happened to me yesterday. I also frequent other forums from other websites and there was a topic about how COVID-19 has affected you. I merely posted that it hasn't affected me at all in the least. Sure enough, that little bit was meant with animosity from some internet guy. Now I knew it would be meant with resentment a bit as I've had enough experience posting slightly, deviating thoughts before. This guy however had a hard-on for me because I merely suggested that the COVID hysteria is undue. I presented my reasoning with facts, logic, and general pleasantness and was meant with ad-hominum attacks and straw man arguments. Again, I'm not really surprised but just disappointed.
    In the future there will be robots.

  17. #77
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,594
    Reputation
    16751
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonobo Protocol View Post
    Good God Azure Nomad! I just had to log in to reply to this because it literally happened to me yesterday. I also frequent other forums from other websites and there was a topic about how COVID-19 has affected you. I merely posted that it hasn't affected me at all in the least. Sure enough, that little bit was meant with animosity from some internet guy. Now I knew it would be meant with resentment a bit as I've had enough experience posting slightly, deviating thoughts before. This guy however had a hard-on for me because I merely suggested that the COVID hysteria is undue. I presented my reasoning with facts, logic, and general pleasantness and was meant with ad-hominum attacks and straw man arguments. Again, I'm not really surprised but just disappointed.
    People can't handle the truth when it is often directed toward how they live and how it could be a better way to live.

    I think what many people don't realize about ghosting is that over time it becomes pointless trying to explain to people why the way you live is full of happiness and contentment. And even when you tell them directly they look at you like you are not normal when you are just leading a normal life as you think is best for you.

    My life style the past 12 months hasn't changed that much...I still shop when I want early in mornings when everyone is at work or afraid to go out for who knows what reason.

    All the news I gather is from various website scattered throughout the web. I don't tune into the mainstream media which I suppose gives me a clarity far beyond the normies can ever achieve.

    I can see the fear in people's eyes but in return I give them a sense of hope and generosity by acting calm and normal. That calming nature can be sensed by people and in return they start to question their own life choices.

    The plandemic was a showcase of how much time people waste driving to work for a job they hate and waking up too early in the day to only have to drive through traffic late in the afternoon. If that is "life"? No thanks.

    I will stick with the ghostly life which is freedom of a current that flows below the main current in the stream.

  18. #78
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    428
    Reputation
    551
    Type
    Bachelor, Ghost, Monk, Enigma

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    People can't handle the truth when it is often directed toward how they live and how it could be a better way to live.

    I think what many people don't realize about ghosting is that over time it becomes pointless trying to explain to people why the way you live is full of happiness and contentment. And even when you tell them directly they look at you like you are not normal when you are just leading a normal life as you think is best for you.

    My life style the past 12 months hasn't changed that much...I still shop when I want early in mornings when everyone is at work or afraid to go out for who knows what reason.

    All the news I gather is from various website scattered throughout the web. I don't tune into the mainstream media which I suppose gives me a clarity far beyond the normies can ever achieve.

    I can see the fear in people's eyes but in return I give them a sense of hope and generosity by acting calm and normal. That calming nature can be sensed by people and in return they start to question their own life choices.

    The plandemic was a showcase of how much time people waste driving to work for a job they hate and waking up too early in the day to only have to drive through traffic late in the afternoon. If that is "life"? No thanks.

    I will stick with the ghostly life which is freedom of a current that flows below the main current in the stream.
    Indeed. Most people are so resistant to new information because it threatens their stability. They are already teetering on the edge of mental illness, if not fully having it. They don't want to be pushed. Do that to a woman or a beta male and they will freak out.

    It really messes with their heads to see you completely opposing all the lies and being at peace. From the perceived comfort of the herd, of course the sheep that goes it alone looks mad.

    It's a good analogy really, the sheep. There is an element of safety being in a herd, for example as the wolf will only eat one sheep on a given night, your chances of survival are greater the bigger the herd. However, the sheep that detaches does so because he knows the entire herd is destined for the abattoir, anyway.
    Alpha male with a warrior spirit.
    Follower of Christ.
    Live your dreams, spread truth and uphold the Logos.
    Let your very existence be an act of rebellion.

  19. #79

    Re: Double Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    I can see the fear in people's eyes but in return I give them a sense of hope and generosity by acting calm and normal. That calming nature can be sensed by people and in return they start to question their own life choices.

    The plandemic was a showcase of how much time people waste driving to work for a job they hate and waking up too early in the day to only have to drive through traffic late in the afternoon. If that is "life"? No thanks.

    I will stick with the ghostly life which is freedom of a current that flows below the main current in the stream.
    Right on Azure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    People can't handle the truth when it is often directed toward how they live and how it could be a better way to live.
    Not only that but they get legitimately offended when it's pointed out and will fight tooth and nail to preserve the beautiful lie. Supposed "men", even "men" aged way older than me come off as the biggest cowards and pussies. As I've become older and hopefully wiser, I've noticed that age in of itself is not indicative of wisdom.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    I think what many people don't realize about ghosting is that over time it becomes pointless trying to explain to people why the way you live is full of happiness and contentment. And even when you tell them directly they look at you like you are not normal when you are just leading a normal life as you think is best for you.
    Most people I have come to realize are not even capable of going their own way. As in "The Matrix", they are so hopelessly dependent on the system that they'll die to protect it. It's triage at this point and you should invest little effort in saving those that don't want it. You should never explain to a sheep what it's like to be free. It's not within their capability to understand. That has been an epiphany for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    All the news I gather is from various website scattered throughout the web. I don't tune into the mainstream media which I suppose gives me a clarity far beyond the normies can ever achieve.
    Quite true. I chuckle when someone sights the mainstream news as a legitimate source when backing up their points. I know they're trying really hard to come off as right but it just blows up in their face. It's like a retard in the back of the bus that thinks he's being funny by blowing doody bombs at you. In his mind, he's the "king of his castle". He's the master of his own universe. In reality, he's just a retard blowing doody bombs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Nomad View Post
    I can see the fear in people's eyes but in return I give them a sense of hope and generosity by acting calm and normal. That calming nature can be sensed by people and in return they start to question their own life choices.
    I notice that when I walk by people in general, they are scared. They either look down or straight ahead. They normally are masked and I almost pity them. Almost, because these are the same people who use government legislation to get exactly what they ask for. They are now just reaping what they sow.
    In the future there will be robots.

  20. #80
    Senior Member Azure Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,594
    Reputation
    16751
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Double Life?

    What I can surmise is that people in general have become timid simply talking and writing about the truth. To me it goes against everything I know not to discuss relative or even absolute truths.

    I think part of it is conditioning from media using "experts" on television which is not that different from medieval times where priests were highly educated and talked down to the serfs from the pulpit.

    Why are people afraid of going against an "expert"?

    So for us that truly understand and can see the underflowing subliminal messages through every chant, slogan, and psychological linguistic warfare we are truly living a second life that most do not realize exists.

    I wouldn't have it any other way but then I do wonder how different the world would be.


Similar Threads

  1. SJWs always double down
    By Mr Wombat in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 17, 2018, 3:46 PM
  2. The Double Standard Is Almost Laughable
    By TheCrimsonKing in forum Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 23, 2016, 10:49 PM
  3. Spot the double standard
    By Neo in forum Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 3, 2014, 5:03 PM
  4. On Living a Double Life....
    By Octavian in forum Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: May 28, 2014, 11:55 PM
  5. Sportsmans double
    By FapMaster in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 12, 2014, 1:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •