Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    497
    Reputation
    4199
    Type
    Neutral

    How have you defined what a man is?

    I am interested to read the perspectives of ghosts and neutrals who frequent this forum. What defines a man in your perspective? For me I have thought long and hard about this and I subscribe to the notion that all men are different and follow individual paths, but for me I choose to follow the path of the warrior ghost. Survival for me is the most important factor. That means being healthy, with the ability to protect myself and family, with gathered resources which help sustain survivability. I believe as a man I should be fighting in the ring in any sport or disapline (I have chosen MMA/Boxing) some could say fighting someone may reduce your chances of survivability, however this is very true, but I believe the benefits outweigh the risks that come with it, including the possibility of increased strength. Survivability in the form of being a coward for me is counter productive to the main goal of enhanced life experience.

    I believe every word that is spoken is as if it came from God. I do not subscribe no longer to a multi-dimensional everlasting God but more God in the form of conciousness. God is conciousness. So it is important that every word spoken is truthful unless the truth needs to bend in order to protect my identity.

    In the form of interactions with society, I prefer to keep a low profile. I will continue to wear face masks everywhere I go in all locations to protect my personal identity. I do interact with women at work (minimally) and reflect everyone back at themselves. How you treat me I will treat you in equal measure. I will become exactly who you are like a mirror looking back at you. If you are happy/nice but cut me in off in conversation, I will be happy/nice and cut you off in conversation.

    That being said I do enjoy engaging in P4P with women in many different countries. This is because I believe it is important to indulge in this to get rid of some primal urges. Going full zen is not of importance.

    So the questions are the forum

    1. How do you define a man?

    2. What is your interaction with society/philosophy?

    3/ What is your interaction with women/philosophy?
    Last edited by ShogunRonin; February 24, 2021 at 1:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    798
    Reputation
    5004
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    In no specific order, and off the top of my head:

    • Honor.
    • Keep promises made, even those made in haste.
    • Integrity.
    • Courage.
    • Know the difference between battles and wars. The tactics aren't the same. Don't lose sight of the end game.
    • Out-plan and out-maneuver your enemies.
    • There are no neutrals.
    • Be aware that enemies in one theater may be allies in another. Exploit those opportunities.
    • Learn well from the trapdoor spider.
    • Learn well from the Bible -- the best book ever written on mankind's limitless potential to fail.
    • Situational awareness. Always be ready.
    • Be kind when you can; be ruthless when necessary.
    • Excel at everything you do, or else don't do it.
    • Learn how to self-assess.
    • Walk away from people and things that waste your time.
    • Pride is cancer. If you have any, get rid of it now.
    • Fear is nothing more than a chemical condition existing in the brain.

  3. #3
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    3,046
    Reputation
    10261
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    A man is the clay and god the sculpture that defines us by molding and shaping us for his own personal use and glorification. Either willing or unwilling, we're used by god to achieve his ends.
    United we stand, divided we are.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Eddie Willers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canadian Prairies
    Posts
    824
    Reputation
    2408
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    A Man is one who makes his own path in life, and walks upon it.
    A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    3008
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRonin View Post

    1. How do you define a man?

    2. What is your interaction with society/philosophy?

    3/ What is your interaction with women/philosophy?

    1. How do you define a man?

    I don’t. Trying to define what a ‘man’ is is like trying to define MGTOW. We are all different and distinct.

    2. What is your interaction with society/philosophy?

    ?

    I don’t quite understand the question. I interact with society when I need to and sometimes when I feel like it. Nothing so deep as to feel the need to philosophise upon it.


    3. What is your interaction with women/philosophy?

    The same as my interaction with men. Keep those that I enjoy being around and cut out the cunts!

    As for the God stuff, it either is or it isn't. Who am I to judge? All I can do is take people as I find them.

    If you believe that everything is God inspired then that precludes free will. I am, and will remain unconvinced.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    3008
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by kru-kut View Post
    In no specific order, and off the top of my head:

    • Honor.
    • Keep promises made, even those made in haste.
    • Integrity.
    • Courage.
    • Know the difference between battles and wars. The tactics aren't the same. Don't lose sight of the end game.
    • Out-plan and out-maneuver your enemies.
    • There are no neutrals.
    • Be aware that enemies in one theater may be allies in another. Exploit those opportunities.
    • Learn well from the trapdoor spider.
    • Learn well from the Bible -- the best book ever written on mankind's limitless potential to fail.
    • Situational awareness. Always be ready.
    • Be kind when you can; be ruthless when necessary.
    • Excel at everything you do, or else don't do it.
    • Learn how to self-assess.
    • Walk away from people and things that waste your time.
    • Pride is cancer. If you have any, get rid of it now.
    • Fear is nothing more than a chemical condition existing in the brain.
    Excellent post!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  7. #7
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    645
    Reputation
    1420
    Type
    Propertarian

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRonin View Post
    1. How do you define a man?
    I'll just agree with Jackoff's answer here, it makes most sense to me than whatever else I can think of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    I don’t. Trying to define what a ‘man’ is is like trying to define MGTOW. We are all different and distinct.
    The difference among us, even the men on THIS VERY forum is so high, that I wont be able to define it...

    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRonin View Post
    2. What is your interaction with society/philosophy?

    3/ What is your interaction with women/philosophy?
    The 'philosophy' part you mentioned twice, and its a very peculiar question to me. Because I dont philosophize at all on anything. I used to do a little bit in past but then eventually completely stopped it. It doesnt solve anything for me. I dont mean to be harsh or offensive to anyone who likes philosophy, but to me that feels like magical woo woo talk. I'll prefer staying grounded in the reality.

    Regarding society and women, well I have pretty much same policy for both, and can be summarized as : stay the fk away from blue pilled people.
    "Truth is enough." - Curt Doolittle
    "Truth, and violence to enforce it." - Eli Harman
    "Gandhi, ... until Viking." - Curt Doolittle
    "There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy." - Alfred Henry Lewis

  8. #8
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    252
    Reputation
    325
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    1. How do you define a man?

    Hard one to answer. I think this song nails it, Yelawolf - Till it's Gone

    I'm not the table you can come and lay your cup down on, now
    I'm not the shoulder for a bag. The one that carried a heavy load
    I'm not the road that you take when you looking for a short cut, uh
    I ain't the stepping stone to be stepping on
    I ain't nobodies crutch
    I ain't the money man, with your money, man
    You ain't looking at me
    I'm not the cheap one, looking at me son
    You ain't looking at free
    I ain't the dish rag to come clean up all the shit that you dish out
    Ain't got no check for em'
    If you checking in, mothafucka, check this out

    [Hook:]
    Ain't much I can do but I do what I can
    But I'm not a fool there's no need to pretend
    And just because you got yourself in some shit
    It doesn't mean I have to come deal with it

    You handle your own when you become a man
    And become a man when you handle your own

    Ain't much I can do, but I do what I can
    But what can I do if I do till it's gone? Oh oh
    Till it's gone. Oh oh
    [x3]
    What can I do if I do till it's gone?


    [Verse 2:]
    I'm not the the trash can. Not the last man at the finish line, now
    I'm not the new kid on the block that you can just follow and push around
    I'm not the fucking needle in the hay stack that you finally found
    This ain't no free rent. Come and pitch a tent
    You ain't tying me down
    I'm not a bus ride you can hop inside and just roll away clean
    Like the wheel on the wagon you wanna break
    Cause I hold up the weight for the team
    I'm not the gold watch and the new truck that your scheming to check out
    Unless your looking to check out (powpowpow)
    What a mess, now (come on)

    [Hook:]
    Ain't much I can do but I do what I can
    But I'm not a fool there's no need to pretend
    And just because you got yourself in some shit
    It doesn't mean I have to come deal with it
    You handle your own when you become a man
    And become a man when you handle your own
    Ain't much I can do, but I do what I can
    But what can I do if I do till it's gone? Oh oh

    Till it's gone. Oh oh [x3]
    What can I do if I do till it's gone?

    [Verse 3:]
    I jump to the sky for my people
    I walk through the fire. I give love when it's equal
    Don't tell me not to complain about my money and fame
    When you come around me telling me I've changed
    Damn, right I've fucking changed
    When there's fucking change in my pocket hit the bucket
    It was a rocking all a sudden
    I went from shopping without nothing
    To going shopping for my cousins
    Now that the cops know that I'm buzzing,
    They wanna drop me in the oven
    Pull me over just to say "I'm a fan"
    Hip hop; gotta love it, but fuck it

    [Hook:]
    Ain't much I can do but I do what I can
    But I'm not a fool there's no need to pretend
    And just because you got yourself in some shit
    It doesn't mean I have to come deal with it
    You handle your own when you become a man
    And become a man when you handle your own
    Ain't much I can do, but I do what I can
    But what can I do if I do till it's gone? Oh oh
    Till it's gone. Oh oh [x3]
    What can I do if I do till it's gone?


    My two cents, being a man means standing for truth even if you're alone doing it.
    I only hide aspects of myself where it's wise to. But I never live in fear of being found out, I gain immense pleasure from speaking my mind if it's the truth - even if this makes me enemies.

    2. What is your interaction with society/philosophy?
    Depends. I will engage only with interesting and smart people for leisure. But if a stupid or malicious person can be useful to me I will use them.
    I like to think I ghost in plain sight.
    No social media, no regular news. I can't even watch a lot of movies now I got the glasses on.

    3/ What is your interaction with women/philosophy?
    I do not have a self imposed celibacy policy, however I make no efforts in that arena any more because there is always a price to pay. And since I do not want a relationshit, it's pointless to start something you would have to extricate yourself from later.
    Looking back all my relationshits were a major hindrance on my life. I am quite happy being able to live as I please, I don't want a woman to change all that just cos I'm 'sad at being alone' as are blue pillers, the weak and depressed.
    My attitude is you get one life bro go fuckin live it, with or without a bitch.
    Slaves can only dream, free men live their dreams.

  9. #9
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    252
    Reputation
    325
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    I believe as a man I should be fighting in the ring in any sport or disapline (I have chosen MMA/Boxing) some could say fighting someone may reduce your chances of survivability, however this is very true, but I believe the benefits outweigh the risks that come with it, including the possibility of increased strength. Survivability in the form of being a coward for me is counter productive to the main goal of enhanced life experience.

    Interesting. My very motivated but blue pilled mate is like this. Supports a wife and her two kids, and is hell bent on being a good fighter "in case he has to be".

    Looking at him objectively it just makes him more aggressive and 'scary' in his own eyes. I think this is rooted in fear of his family being harmed. Fair enough, but that ain't for me as a single.

    I have no training but I am fit and can fight. I don't honestly think anything else is required.

    A Lion in the forest does not train in fighting. Yet he can. I can see that if I fought regularly I would attract it.
    Slaves can only dream, free men live their dreams.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    497
    Reputation
    4199
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    I believe as a man I should be fighting in the ring in any sport or disapline (I have chosen MMA/Boxing) some could say fighting someone may reduce your chances of survivability, however this is very true, but I believe the benefits outweigh the risks that come with it, including the possibility of increased strength. Survivability in the form of being a coward for me is counter productive to the main goal of enhanced life experience.

    Interesting. My very motivated but blue pilled mate is like this. Supports a wife and her two kids, and is hell bent on being a good fighter "in case he has to be".

    Looking at him objectively it just makes him more aggressive and 'scary' in his own eyes. I think this is rooted in fear of his family being harmed. Fair enough, but that ain't for me as a single.

    I have no training but I am fit and can fight. I don't honestly think anything else is required.

    A Lion in the forest does not train in fighting. Yet he can. I can see that if I fought regularly I would attract it.
    What you say is true. Natural ability does definitely come into it.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    3008
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    I believe as a man I should be fighting in the ring in any sport or disapline (I have chosen MMA/Boxing) some could say fighting someone may reduce your chances of survivability, however this is very true, but I believe the benefits outweigh the risks that come with it, including the possibility of increased strength. Survivability in the form of being a coward for me is counter productive to the main goal of enhanced life experience.
    Strength comes in many forms, physical strength being just one. Physical strength wanes very early in a man's life, mental strength just keeps on going and growing.

    Until you hit Altzheimer's!

    But even then there's a positive. You get to meet new friends every day!
    Last edited by Jackoff; February 27, 2021 at 9:07 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    3008
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    Survivability in the form of being a coward for me is counter productive to the main goal of enhanced life experience.
    Indeed. Many of us thought this when we felt we were in our prime. But when you hit your late forties (or earlier) you begin to realise that you can’t take on all comers physically, so you develop new methods of defending yourself. Being able to defend yourself physically should be every man’s goal, but there’s also the need to understand that sometimes it’s not enough.

    I do, however, have a couple of issues with the word ‘coward’, or to be more precise ‘cowardly’.

    First:

    It is a very manipulative word: if you don’t do like I do it must be because you’re afraid – a coward. This negates reason and is often used as a goad to manipulate people in to doing something that they shouldn’t.

    Second:

    For many years now I’ve been hearing the word ‘coward’ or ‘cowardly’ to describe various situations being reported on the media. Understand that when you hear or read this word in a journalistic report it is a form of manipulation. They aren’t just reporting the facts, they are trying to tell you how to think about said story.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    3,046
    Reputation
    10261
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Indeed. Many of us thought this when we felt we were in our prime. But when you hit your late forties (or earlier) you begin to realise that you can’t take on all comers physically, so you develop new methods of defending yourself. Being able to defend yourself physically should be every man’s goal, but there’s also the need to understand that sometimes it’s not enough.

    I do, however, have a couple of issues with the word ‘coward’, or to be more precise ‘cowardly’.

    First:

    It is a very manipulative word: if you don’t do like I do it must be because you’re afraid – a coward. This negates reason and is often used as a goad to manipulate people in to doing something that they shouldn’t.

    Second:

    For many years now I’ve been hearing the word ‘coward’ or ‘cowardly’ to describe various situations being reported on the media. Understand that when you hear or read this word in a journalistic report it is a form of manipulation. They aren’t just reporting the facts, they are trying to tell you how to think about said story.
    Master Po says in every coward there is a hero, and in every hero there is coward. He got old and grey as fuck, I'm gonna take his advice!
    United we stand, divided we are.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    3008
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    Master Po says in every coward there is a hero, and in every hero there is coward. He got old and grey as fuck, I'm gonna take his advice!
    Ah! And it is so, grasshopper.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

  15. #15
    Senior Member happybachelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    North UK
    Posts
    252
    Reputation
    325
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Always assess who is saying something and why, then you can decide for yourself whether to be moved or indifferent. For me it is 95% the latter.

  16. #16
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Dead body politic, deceased corporate corpse.
    Posts
    3,046
    Reputation
    10261
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: How have you defined what a man is?

    Quote Originally Posted by happybachelor View Post
    Always assess who is saying something and why, then you can decide for yourself whether to be moved or indifferent. For me it is 95% the latter.
    If ears has switches, mine would be in the off position with the fuses pulled!

    It hurts to listen to stupidity.
    United we stand, divided we are.


Similar Threads

  1. Alcohol re-defined as a "weapon" for sexual assault
    By BeijaFlor in forum News Articles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 11, 2015, 11:55 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 30, 2014, 4:03 PM
  3. Relationships are defined by Lack of Options
    By Macavity in forum Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 18, 2014, 3:22 AM
  4. Defined by contrast (non MGTOW philosophical rambling)
    By COSTPI in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 23, 2014, 5:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •