Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Member Bubbles1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46
    Reputation
    47
    Type
    Abstinent

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    Don't lol

  2. #42

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    I noticed the OP was from 2014. Over the past few years, I think this has become common knowledge, at least in red pill circles -- that to date a single mother is a bad decision. If you search "single mothers" on Youtube, for instance, you will get an avalanche of videos warning you against dating them. I assume Youtube will crack down on that eventually, but for now, the word is out. Has been for years, I'd say.

    I wish I'd known about this myself, because I married a single mom back in 2000. Didn't work out well, but that's a story for another day.

    A single mom just moved in across the street from me. She's 40, but she's still somewhat attractive. We've talked a few times. She's stressed by all her sudden responsibilities, having to take care of everything herself. Her husband had a pre-nup that apparently held up in court, so she's not as flush with cash as other divorcees might be. She has an auto-immune disorder and is on partial disability, works part time. I found her drunk on her porch once and quickly departed. She seems sort of prickly, like she gets easily defensive about stuff. Moody. She's always on her phone, and she's got a lot of country-looking guys who stop by to help her out with various chores around the house.

    One time, she told me, "I need to find myself a sugar daddy." I laughed, because I thought she was kidding around, but she said she was serious. I played it polite, but I should've told her to set up a profile on seekingarrangements.com and see what sort of business she should drum up. Can you still be a sugar baby at 40? Who knows. Sugar mommy, maybe.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    2,301
    Reputation
    8990
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    It's sad they never see it coming till it's way too late. It worked for their hippie grandmas and punk mothers, why shouldn't it work for them? I reckon that's how most single moms see it. They don't realize that the world changes as their value diminishes, and that the gravy train they enjoyed their entire life is gone with the wind.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  4. #44

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    I noticed the OP was from 2014. Over the past few years, I think this has become common knowledge, at least in red pill circles -- that to date a single mother is a bad decision. If you search "single mothers" on Youtube, for instance, you will get an avalanche of videos warning you against dating them. I assume Youtube will crack down on that eventually, but for now, the word is out. Has been for years, I'd say.

    I wish I'd known about this myself, because I married a single mom back in 2000. Didn't work out well, but that's a story for another day.

    A single mom just moved in across the street from me. She's 40, but she's still somewhat attractive. We've talked a few times. She's stressed by all her sudden responsibilities, having to take care of everything herself. Her husband had a pre-nup that apparently held up in court, so she's not as flush with cash as other divorcees might be. She has an auto-immune disorder and is on partial disability, works part time. I found her drunk on her porch once and quickly departed. She seems sort of prickly, like she gets easily defensive about stuff. Moody. She's always on her phone, and she's got a lot of country-looking guys who stop by to help her out with various chores around the house.

    One time, she told me, "I need to find myself a sugar daddy." I laughed, because I thought she was kidding around, but she said she was serious. I played it polite, but I should've told her to set up a profile on seekingarrangements.com and see what sort of business she should drum up. Can you still be a sugar baby at 40? Who knows. Sugar mommy, maybe.
    I explored the whole Sugar Baby thing a few years back. I was in still in my early 40's and would get women in their late 40's to even 60's messaging me. It was sad. By that age I kind of expect even women to have their shit together and be somewhat financially self sufficient. Not to mention the term Sugar Baby, it implies a younger woman.

    ***

    1/ HER kid(s) will always come first. Which is only natural but it is HER kid, not YOUR kid. Do you really want to be second best to some other dudes child?
    2/ As OP mentions, kid will most likely not like you. Or worse, they will get very attached.
    3/ Problems with her Ex otherwise known as her kids father. Do you really want that? You are basically trampling all over the family that he has been locked out of. You get to see his kids every day while he has visitations only! Tell me that ain't fucked up!
    4/ Money. Kids cost money.
    5/ Anything fun you wanted to do will now be multiplied, a trip to the movies? No longer x1 or x2 tickets. A meal out? Holidaying somewhere nice? Yep.
    6/ They are mental.

  5. #45

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryptic View Post
    I explored the whole Sugar Baby thing a few years back. I was in still in my early 40's and would get women in their late 40's to even 60's messaging me. It was sad. By that age I kind of expect even women to have their shit together and be somewhat financially self sufficient. Not to mention the term Sugar Baby, it implies a younger woman.
    Women in their late 40s and even 60's, looking for sugar daddies. Wow.

    I agree with your list and will toss in two of my own:

    7. Not only will her kids come first, but her relationship with her kid will become a vortex into which most of the psychological energy of the relationship gets sucked. At least that's what happened for me.

    8. They've already been through a marriage in which they gave their heart fully to a man, and it did not work out. They entered their first marriage with great hopes and dreams, and it ended in painful failure and disappointment. Once that happens, they don't look at marriage with the same hope and idealism that they did before. They are more jaded, more "realistic" and practical about it, less willing and capable of investing themselves psychologically and emotionally. So when you marry a single mom (one who's been married before, anyhow), you'll be getting someone who's less able/willing to really invest in the relationship and love you with her whole heart and soul.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    3,782
    Reputation
    11353
    Type
    Ghosted by law and order.

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
    Women in their late 40s and even 60's, looking for sugar daddies. Wow.

    I agree with your list and will toss in two of my own:

    7. Not only will her kids come first, but her relationship with her kid will become a vortex into which most of the psychological energy of the relationship gets sucked. At least that's what happened for me.

    8. They've already been through a marriage in which they gave their heart fully to a man, and it did not work out. They entered their first marriage with great hopes and dreams, and it ended in painful failure and disappointment. Once that happens, they don't look at marriage with the same hope and idealism that they did before. They are more jaded, more "realistic" and practical about it, less willing and capable of investing themselves psychologically and emotionally. So when you marry a single mom (one who's been married before, anyhow), you'll be getting someone who's less able/willing to really invest in the relationship and love you with her whole heart and soul.
    The only option for a man is to treat them like whores, give them no emotional investments, no favors, no assistance, and let them support you. Or, don't bother with them at all.

    You either go straight to the bottom morally, swiftly, objectively, unabashedly, or get taken there unwillingly, slowly, painfully, one piece at a time!

    Dive in, or KEEP-OUT!

    The real question?
    >>>FF>>> Will you be moral, immoral, or demoralized?

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Tree
    Posts
    125
    Reputation
    237
    Type
    Crow

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    The only option for a man is to treat them like whores, give them no emotional investments, no favors, no assistance, and let them support you. Or, don't bother with them at all.
    Indeed. Interactions with women are best as putting in as little as possible for a very clear (and limited) benefit in mind. The less you offer, the less they can take.

  8. #48

    Re: The Rough Guide to Single Moms

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    The only option for a man is to treat them like whores, give them no emotional investments, no favors, no assistance, and let them support you. Or, don't bother with them at all.
    I don't see it quite that harshly. I don't see a need to "treat them like whores," for example. To me, treating people with disrespect just makes me feel smaller. I prefer to treat people -- yes, even single mothers -- with basic respect and common decency. I only hurt myself and them by treating them like trash.

    I agree that you should avoid becoming a handyman or emotional support to a single mother.


Similar Threads

  1. Game- Guide
    By jagrmeister in forum Game
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 12, 2018, 2:29 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 22, 2016, 9:24 PM
  3. The single Moms' Club
    By Ancient Sunlight in forum Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 18, 2015, 9:32 PM
  4. Meme: Single Moms and Bad Decisions
    By jagrmeister in forum Action
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 3, 2014, 5:09 AM
  5. Meme: Single Moms
    By jagrmeister in forum Action
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 3, 2014, 4:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •