Going Your Own Way – Principles
Going Your Own Way is a community, first and foremost. The site and us moderators exist to create the right environment for the community to thrive. Going Your Own Way is YOU. Because of that, we want to be selective and attract the right people.
Going your way is understanding the actual nature of women, seeing the truth about gender interactions and relationships.This can be jarring, unsettling. It's the very reason 99% of people around you prefer to live in a world of pretty lies than accept the ugly truth; it's the reason most of the men stayed put in Plato's Cave. GYOW is a supportive group of people who have traveled a similar road to you -- from the false blue-pill world to truth. Being around like minds eases the deprogramming fallout and prevents return to the old world. On one hand, it's natural to feel some anger. Momentary anger can be liberating because it steels you to break from the pack from the billions who are on the assembly line to “man up”, get married, pop out more corporate work slaves, and serve the role of a thankless, harried husband till the end. But ultimately,GYOW is about going your own way, transitioning to a Red Pill lifestyle, giving thanks that you woke up before it was too late, thriving,living and enjoying life.
So without further ado, what defines our GYOW community? Our community is:
The reason we deconstruct women, feminism, and female behavior is because we seek truth. The television, the newspapers,the radio, our education system, the 99% of people around us including well-intentioned friends and family give us a sugar-coated, Disney-esque and false representation of women as angelic and faultless. By standing outside the system, we can be objective about women and relationship dynamics in ways that others cannot. This is essential because we are the modern-day guerrilla radio on this topic: broadcasting reality against an avalanche of misinformation. Being true is about being inquisitive, thoughtful, curious, and insightful. The more you look at something, the more interesting wrinkles you find. Even well-understood MGTOW concepts like AWALT and Hypergamy can be understood in more nuanced ways with further examination. The opposite of truth is: absolutist, cynical, defeatist, a kind of “know-it-all”'ism with a shallow bumper-sticker logic behind it. We observe, learn, and share – and hopefully never stop.
Red-Pill MGTOWs don't live life in a defensive crouch. After the initial disorientation of taking the red pill, one can't help but be grateful at the time and money you've saved....so why not put that time and money to good use?? There are always things that perturb us about twats and the site is great for that – but oftentimes a sense of humor about the whole thing keeps it light. Which is what we want. Without that light-hearted tone, it's too easy to trigger those same old feelings of resentment and anger. Let's poke fun, by all means, at the ridiculous 42 year old obese woman on a dating site who is looking for a tall, young, fit millionaire to sweep her off her feet. Once you're through the looking glass, increasingly the truth about the opposite sex becomes a source of belly laughs. What's the opposite of this? Paranoia & never-ending bitterness. Let's be real, but keep it upbeat.
Let's talk about the forum itself. Before I get into a list of things not to do, here are things you should do:
- Do make interesting posts. Do start threads that make people laugh or think. Do ask questions. Do share your observations, insights from real life. Even if you're not sure others will agree, or it's just a theory. Do use interesting language, add pictures, reference quotes, post humorous animated gifs. We very much value users who consistently create great content, are conversation-starters, or just generally add value.
- Do: Show respect for fellow members. We aim to foster collaborative exchanges amongst men.
- Insult fellow members:There's a difference between disagreeing and being confrontational. This is not Yahoo message boards where 'anything goes'. Chances are there's a way of expressing your opinion or disagreeing with a fellow member that doesn't involve your insulting them, being dismissive, or questioning their integrity. We will remove members based on lack of character because we know that cultivating a thriving MGTOW community means insisting on a certain baseline in conduct amongst membership. Rule applies to all members, but New Members will be on a shorter leash until they prove themselves.
- Be negative: we want to graduate members beyond the anger phase of MGTOW. We will not tolerate excessive amounts of cynicism, negativity, defeatism, and hostile indifference. We have the Rant sub-forum for venting.
- Advocate wanton violence towards women. Discussion of the appropriate use of force, in self-defense with women is acceptable. Discussion of using appropriate non-violent physicality in disciplining women is appropriate. Discussing the nature and possibility of physical aggression against women is fine as long as it is not advocated.
- Go on about sexual frustrations or engage in incel rage.
- Post: racism, threats, promotion of products/sites.
Appreciate if you wouldn't:
- Post random articles about some woman committing some random crime – articles/posts that dwell on negativity or an exaggerated profile of women
- Knock the other red-pillers out there such as PUAs, MRAs. A little mockery never hurt anyone, but let's define ourselves by what we are, not by what we're not.
- Be defeatist. A worldview that is defeatist (ie: "end of the world") for one thing has little factual basis but also invites negativity at an individual level and undue pessimism.
- Post racially provocative articles even if explained with some evo-psych justification. There are other forums for that. We don't need to create needless division on a subject unrelated to MGTOW.
- Disparage religious/ideological views of others, nationalities, etc. While we respect differences of opinion and encourage open discussion, please don't make it a point of peddling ideology, religions, etc.
The key sub-forums are:
- Lounge: Main forum. Anything goes. Posts/articles about women/society/feminism. Post about your life, experiences, insights, observations. This now includes the former sub-forum "Living the Best Life" - where users can talk about: poker nights, video games, travel, book/movie reviews, lifting, that great anime you watched, sports you're doing, hobbies, philosophy, etc. It could be practical things like: working on cars, welding, or carpentry. This is all time that we're not lugging cupcake's shopping bags around the mall or getting kicked in the shins by a toddler – this is real living. Also, a Lounge thread could be a single picture or two sentence observation you made; it needn't be an essay or article.
- Bachelors: Bachelors are forever exploring, always learning. They like being around the right kind of people. They may or may not be extraverted but they see the benefit of being around others as it fits their personality. A friend means a lot. Bachelors enjoy the company of women without pedestalizing them or thinking they are more than they actually are. They know the right kind of woman can bring a different kind of personality and energy which can be invigorating. They are firmly red pill and prefer to engage the world around them with red pill principles rather than retreat. Nothing negative about the world really bothers a Bachelor. Our view is that being MGTOW means downing the 'red pill' and understanding the nature of women. Bachelor's often "scratch that itch" with escorts, set up plates, date, establish/manage FWBs (friends with benefits). Some slight differences with MGTOW Game. We're not obsessed with notch-count, we don't define our worth as men in terms of “success” or “approval” by women.
- Ghost: A Ghost values his freedom above all else. He is self-reliant, comfortable with solitude, content to go unnoticed, and capable of living a fulfilling life on his own. And his personal freedom is more important to him than social approval, status, or sexual companionship. On the whole, we're not "antisocial," but we're generally asocial, indifferent to Society and its expectations, rules, and roles.
- General Sub-forums: This serves a few areas. Subgroups of MGTOW like “ghosts” should post about things like ghosting here. While we use Lounge for insights/anecdotals/major articles, post less significant News Articles here (about women/society; but also unrelated topics). This is also a good place to vent/rant. Venting is part of the red pill experience, and Other can provide a release valve without negativity seeping into the rest of the site. If you like to Philosophize, we have a sub-forum for you.
- Random: Shooting the sh*t. Chat. One sentence posts are perfectly fine here. Comedy. YouTube videos. Stupid polls Anything unrelated to MGTOW.
Welcome and enjoy,