Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    1,669
    Reputation
    5696
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Good one Zoid.

    I'm with you most of the way, guys ought to be better, I'm just not sure they always are. Back when it was do or die, flying accidents killed near as many as combat. A lot more risk then, and flying was as much an art as a science. Still that's a lot a death. Some was bad luck, some was guys who shouldn't a been pilots. It's not for everybody.


    I'm not trying to make an age thing out of it, but when you see someone who's really good at their sport or machine, it's usually because they've done it till they don't even think about it anymore. Unless there's a problem their focus is 100% on what their doing not how their doing it. You see some guy really rolling down a hill, their not thinking about skiing, their mind is way out front while their body carves the turns by itself. That's why their better than intermediate skiers, they don't have to think about it.

    I'd like to think airlines got good pilots, but don't really know. However good the pilots are or are not, most flights arrive safely. Guess I can afford to be brave, since I got no reason to fly anywhere.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Zoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    264
    Reputation
    2155
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Hm, another thought. Pilot error is a real thing, and people are quick to blame the pilots for crashes. So, if two women pilots crash an airplane, where will the authorities find a male pilot to be made responsible for itů?
    Last edited by Zoidberg; January 4, 2019 at 11:25 AM.

  3. #23

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Nope, they'll blame it on maintenance or ATC.
    Shame is a womans primary weapon. Watch for it, and call it out wherever you see it. Few women know how to handle a man immune to shame.

  4. #24
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    39
    Reputation
    200
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wombat View Post
    Wouldn't bother me a bit, provided I could be confident that the same standards are applied to all pilots. But the second I hear in the news about special programs or provisions in order to get more wimminz into the captain's chair, that changes.
    This is what worries me. We all know that women are coddled in the workforce and are offered positions based on satisfying gender quotas rather than on merit. We won't even be hearing about it in the news, it just happens.
    The less you need, the more powerful you are.

  5. #25
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    39
    Reputation
    200
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by AeternusDoleo View Post
    This one I'm actually not onboard with. Modern airliners are highly automated, and the procedures for dealing with faults are well documented. There is no requirement for brute strength involved with flying major airliners - it all has to be hydraulic, since the aerodynamic forces on the flight controls would be too much even for the strongest man to handle. In short, flying a major airliner is not physically demanding anymore.

    Smaller prop-based aircraft may be a different story, those can require a bit of muscle power to sort out.
    I don't think physical strength is anything to worry about. It's the ability to remain calm and think logically under pressure. I agree that it probably is all automated to the point where it's not worth worrying about. But it made me think. When I was on the flight last week, I really appreciated having a man in the cockpit.
    The less you need, the more powerful you are.

  6. #26
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    39
    Reputation
    200
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    Hm, another thought. Pilot error is a real thing, and people are quick to blame the pilots for crashes. So, if two women pilots crash an airplane, where will the authorities find a male pilot to be made responsible for it…?
    Unless the female pilot did something glaring obvious, like try to land on the side of a mountain, they would try to blame it on a mechanical fault. Women are perfect beings, and if you say otherwise, society will shame your company into the grave.
    The less you need, the more powerful you are.

  7. #27
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,390
    Reputation
    19903
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
    In commercial aviation most of the flying is now done by the autopilot.
    Even simple maneuvers, like turns, are done by the autopilot because its hard for any human to make a turn as smooth as a computer. And the passengers hate to be jerked around.

    So, you could have a trained monkey flying the plane, and it would be safe 99.9% of the time.
    The other 0.1% is when something goes wrong and the pilots have to do something different.
    Hmm.

    Women fall apart in emergencies. They'll even admit it, in a backwards way, that the reason you keep those useless, idle men around is for emergencies. They're good at routine, they're good at anything boring that requires attention.

  8. #28

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    My only thought is that if it is an all-female crew, you must respect their sex/gender/whatever, and call the cockpit a cuntpit.
    Or a cockpeak?
    Shame is a womans primary weapon. Watch for it, and call it out wherever you see it. Few women know how to handle a man immune to shame.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Zoidberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    264
    Reputation
    2155
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Cockpeak??? Aaaand…here is the limit of my knowledge of English.

  10. #30

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Whelp, will kill the joke in the process but meh...
    Cock-Pit = male version
    Cock-Peak... female version?
    Shame is a womans primary weapon. Watch for it, and call it out wherever you see it. Few women know how to handle a man immune to shame.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Porkncheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    182
    Reputation
    681
    Type
    Noob to mgtow

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnFucked
    What would you do if you boarded a flight and both the pilot and co-pilot were women?
    My first thought is to act like im really sick. Too sick to board the flight.
    I don't belive women belong in technical jobs however seeing that they are it is worth noting that a tiny percentage of women are in fact capable of such work, probably 0.2%. If it was some young bitch forget about it

    Quote Originally Posted by Boar
    I would be more worried about flying in a plane built by whimyn
    Even worse a plane that has been serviced and maintained by wimyn.
    A crash is usually pilot error or maintenance error.
    Sometimes a new model plane may have a fault or there can be miscommunication with the airport but rarely.
    Although crashes aren't as frequent as they once were we do still get them.
    In 2014 MH370 just dissapeared. Its the only crash in history where the crash site and black boxes were not found.

    I always try to fly with an arline company that has a good record and on a plane that has a good record.

    These planes have a clean record when it comes to fatalities Bombardier C Series CRJ700/900/1000 regional jet, A380 superjumbo, Airbus A350, Airbus A340, Airbus A320 NEO series, Boeing 737 MAX series, Boeing 787, Boeing 747-8, Boeing 717.

    Other aircraft that have excellent safety records are Boeing 737NG series with 0.09 fatal crashes per one million departures (PMD), Boeing 767 (0.10), Airbus A320 series (0.11), Boeing 777 (0.20), Boeing 757 (0.20) and Airbus A330 (0.21)


    Some people are saying that flying is all automatic. Its true to a certain extent. Boeing and Airbus have two different systems but.
    The Airbus is more computerized where as the Boeing requires the pilot to take control when there is something unusual.
    Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

    However there is still one procedure that has to be done manually and thats landing.





    That is physically demanding. U can see all the various imputs required to land an aircraft and how badly it can all go wrong.
    Even fighter pilots get nervous when landing on an aircraft carrier. Any suggestions that it so easy is simply incorrect.
    Ever noticed how many guages, buttons and switches there are in a cockpit? Ur kidding urself if u think its easy.

    I love planes and helicopters and I've owned many remote control aircraft.
    90% of my plane crashes happened on landing. Its a bitch. LoL. the other 10% of the crashes were from stalls (aerodynamic stalls)

    I've watched all the "Air Crash Investigation" episodes. Id love to do that job.
    Sometimes a plane will do something wild like bank hard left or stall and start falling from the sky.
    When this happens the G forces can become so intense a pilot will struggle to lift his arm to the controller.

    The technique used to get out of a stall feels unnatural. You have to point the nose down.
    Then to get out of the spiral you have to turn ur ailerons (wing flaps) left while pumping the rudder right or vice versa.
    Ive always crashed my RC planes when Iv stalled mainly because my altitude is so low.

    As much as these dumb bitches are crying to get into STEM fields the fact is that their incapable.
    I heard of universities changing the physics studies into a more social based curriculum which is just total bullshit.
    Physics is all about numbers not feelings.
    Last edited by Porkncheese; January 6, 2019 at 2:58 PM.

  12. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    14
    Reputation
    16
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    I wouldn't want to be in a plane piloted by a woman. The thought of it terrifies me.

  13. #33
    Moderator sirreaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia
    Posts
    749
    Reputation
    2245
    Type
    Ghost, Still bangs chicks

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkncheese View Post
    My first thought is to act like im really sick. Too sick to board the flight.
    I don't belive women belong in technical jobs however seeing that they are it is worth noting that a tiny percentage of women are in fact capable of such work, probably 0.2%. If it was some young bitch forget about it



    Even worse a plane that has been serviced and maintained by wimyn.
    A crash is usually pilot error or maintenance error.
    Sometimes a new model plane may have a fault or there can be miscommunication with the airport but rarely.
    Although crashes aren't as frequent as they once were we do still get them.
    In 2014 MH370 just dissapeared. Its the only crash in history where the crash site and black boxes were not found.

    I always try to fly with an arline company that has a good record and on a plane that has a good record.

    These planes have a clean record when it comes to fatalities Bombardier C Series CRJ700/900/1000 regional jet, A380 superjumbo, Airbus A350, Airbus A340, Airbus A320 NEO series, Boeing 737 MAX series, Boeing 787, Boeing 747-8, Boeing 717.

    Other aircraft that have excellent safety records are Boeing 737NG series with 0.09 fatal crashes per one million departures (PMD), Boeing 767 (0.10), Airbus A320 series (0.11), Boeing 777 (0.20), Boeing 757 (0.20) and Airbus A330 (0.21)


    Some people are saying that flying is all automatic. Its true to a certain extent. Boeing and Airbus have two different systems but.
    The Airbus is more computerized where as the Boeing requires the pilot to take control when there is something unusual.
    Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

    However there is still one procedure that has to be done manually and thats landing.





    That is physically demanding. U can see all the various imputs required to land an aircraft and how badly it can all go wrong.
    Even fighter pilots get nervous when landing on an aircraft carrier. Any suggestions that it so easy is simply incorrect.
    Ever noticed how many guages, buttons and switches there are in a cockpit? Ur kidding urself if u think its easy.

    I love planes and helicopters and I've owned many remote control aircraft.
    90% of my plane crashes happened on landing. Its a bitch. LoL. the other 10% of the crashes were from stalls (aerodynamic stalls)

    I've watched all the "Air Crash Investigation" episodes. Id love to do that job.
    Sometimes a plane will do something wild like bank hard left or stall and start falling from the sky.
    When this happens the G forces can become so intense a pilot will struggle to lift his arm to the controller.

    The technique used to get out of a stall feels unnatural. You have to point the nose down.
    Then to get out of the spiral you have to turn ur ailerons (wing flaps) left while pumping the rudder right or vice versa.
    Ive always crashed my RC planes when Iv stalled mainly because my altitude is so low.

    As much as these dumb bitches are crying to get into STEM fields the fact is that their incapable.
    I heard of universities changing the physics studies into a more social based curriculum which is just total bullshit.
    Physics is all about numbers not feelings.
    This is a good bit of info that I will use to fly overseas, thanks for this, rep inbound.
    SR

    BED. MADE. LIE.

    Pussy is and will always be transitory. You'll get it when you can and enjoy life anyway when you can't.

    The harder I work, the luckier I get~ Tom Leykis

    Never married no kids

    Never will marry

    YouTube@TheVoiceofReason4ya
    Twitter@Manlogic4ya

    How I became a MGTOW;

    https://youtu.be/0_W9-kutxqE
    https://youtu.be/OEjgTC2swNk
    https://youtu.be/BdXKgefITC4

  14. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    43
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    There is audio of a female Southwest pilot that suffered a complete engine failure and she handled it like a champ. She was absolutely cool as ice through the whole thing. It was amazing.

    I still wouldn't sleep with her though.

  15. #35
    Senior Member toolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    750
    Reputation
    3352
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Military trained pilots I flew with in the service had their shit together. That system weeds the weak performers out well, regardless of installed plumbing. Chick on Aloha airlines did a good job in the right seat when their Boeing 737 turned into a convertible.

    Culligan Air co-pilot chick did not do so well keeping her pilot straight, and they both went in due to icing.
    My Senior Member is semi retired.

  16. #36

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    if a man makes a mistake in his job, he is held accountable. And it's been my observation that he is held to a higher standard of accountability. If a man breaks a law and appears in a court room over it, he is held to a higher standard of accountability. As a physician, I have seen women in medical training demand, and get, a lower standard of performance for themselves in the face of long training shifts. I have been the recipient of a share of work that was shifted from a woman to me in order to provide her that lower standard of performance.

    If a higher standard of accountability makes for a better performer, then women can't expected to be treated as equals while maintaining even the possibility of escaping equal accountability. I believe that even the hope of escaping that higher standard results in lower performance.

    As long as there is even the hope of chivalry, we will not have equality.

    All other variables being equal, I'd choose a male pilot every time.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Manfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    188
    Reputation
    2109
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Porkncheese View Post
    However there is still one procedure that has to be done manually and thats landing.
    Negative. The autopilot can lock into the ILS (instrument landing system) and perform most of the task.
    Manual flight is reserved for unusual conditions, like strong winds or worst: crosswinds.
    As a recreational pilot I can say that it looks (and feels) worst than it really is. Airplanes can handle turbulence a lot better than people.
    The procedures for landing (crosswinds included) are quite defined. The safety limits are also defined. Everything is recorded and sometimes sent in real-time to company headquarters. This means that pilots, in some cases, have no opportunity to cross the line were it becomes dangerous.

    That being said we are living a problematic situation with excess automation, affecting male and female pilots alike. There have been situations were basic flying skill are missing. Several episodes of "Air Crash Investigation" show accidents caused by pilots stalling the planes unknowingly; all male, btw.

    Yet I agree that females are generally less skilled in spacial awareness and highly coordinated physical activity.

  18. #38

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    Manfred's right. With the proper systems on the ground and in the air, an aircraft can practically land itself. That is, it can achieve touchdown. Deceleration and steering on the ground is still done manually (using the rudder at higher speeds and by varying brake pressure at low speeds).
    Another thing that has to be done manually is the taxi to the gate, and... *gasp* ... parking there.
    Shame is a womans primary weapon. Watch for it, and call it out wherever you see it. Few women know how to handle a man immune to shame.

  19. #39

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    I would be terrified to fly on a plane with no male pilots or co-pilots.The bitch would probably try putting on eyeliner when landing.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    101
    Reputation
    739
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Thoughts on women flying planes?

    I wonder if texting while flying is allowed?


Similar Threads

  1. Cease-fire broken. Turds flying over at Bolde today.
    By Insidious_Sid in forum Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 12, 2018, 6:19 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 20, 2017, 4:24 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 23, 2016, 12:03 AM
  4. Why do women go for thugs - Some thoughts
    By GabrielKnight in forum Philosophize
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: May 28, 2014, 10:42 AM
  5. VIDEO: Anita Sarkeesian Stole Artwork to Use in Her Videos BY: Flying Turkeys
    By smallbitsoffire in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 11, 2014, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •