Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 65
  1. #21
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16202

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Born MGTOW View Post
    That is because we are indoctrinated from birth to follow a certain narrative . . . a social construct which benefits very few and makes the rest miserable. Who get's out of line gets his ass whupped. It took me a lifetime to break free from my indoctrination and I'm not done yet because I'm still stuck in this system. The question was more where society is heading. I can't see the future but there's a huge shit-sandwich heading our way and I'refuse to take my bite for the blupill team.



    I don't think so . . . with all due rispect Opaque. Our system is corrupt beyond repair, it's rotten to the core and it's DNA is cancer. We are just witnessing the beginning of a huge change and I assume it won't be pretty. In less then 50 years 50% percent of existing jobs will be done by robots. We have advanced AI which is programming it's own code without humans being able to understand it. If you are interested in such things watch some stuff Elon Musk said. You know what. Sometimes I'm having this feeling as if they've taken George Orwell's novel 1984 as a blueprint to form and change society. It is happening right in front of our eyes. Our technology will further develop very fast we might even enter in an era where machine and men are going to be connected permanently with implants. Johnny Mnemonic style. That's only if we don't selfdestruct in WW3 before we reach that level.

    Believe me there will be change it's all over the world we are crumbling in slow motion once people are starting to starve we will go straight into war. History should teach us but it doesn't so we are full circle rinse and repeat but this time there will be no repeat after. There are a lot of hidden things in history most people don't know because they are taking for granted that the government can't do no wrong and would never lie to us. And this blind trust will be our downfall.
    Elon Musk is a show man , he doesnt understand a thing about the shit he is talking about .

    We are basically using World War 2 technology and moving very slowly .

    I first heard about AI 30 years ago . And still nothing . Iphone battery only lasts for one day .

    Its all by design of course so you would be forced to connect it to the grid every day ... but still .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  2. #22
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    587
    Reputation
    2937
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    Yep . These companies rarely fail .
    They fail all the time, then wipe out the pension account, all the bottom feeders, and reward the top feeders with golden parachutes! They only survive by whoring out their good name to Chinese manufactures that in turn make worthless shit until the name is stained and tarnished, then they rinse and repeat! That's why the only thing left of a product once made in the USA is its name and in name only, everything else about it is made in China by grunts and scabs working for a bowl of rice a day.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    77
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is society headed?

    I think we are on a hot stove nearing the boiling point...... I know I need to buy more ammo

  4. #24
    Member Hoppes#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Carolinas
    Posts
    55
    Reputation
    195
    Type
    just me..

    Re: Where is society headed?

    I have seen many changes in our society over the past few decades that boggles the mind. When I became an adult in the mid 1970's I had a healthy optimistic view of Life and the World around me. I wasn't born with a silver spoon, nor were we "poor" My family was a hard working blue collar typical American family. We didn't have new fancy cars or "McMansion" homes. There were a few times as a kid I remember my Dad being without work for a spell and things were tight. We always had hot food on the table and we wore clean clothes to school. My Dad was a hard working proud man that refused a handout....He was proud of the fact that He was the first in his family who grew up during the Depression and graduated High School.
    I remember kids that had more than we did, also remember those that didn't.....we never went without and I never heard my parents complain or whine about things. They taught us hard work and patience was the correct way to improve a persons life. Having morals , common sense, and standing up for what was right and calling out what was wrong was the way to be.

    Fast forward to now.....and all I see are people that self-identify as a dayum victim.
    Yes I understand the corporate CEO and the Bankster are not our friends.....but when have they ever been? Times are hard and prices are high....some have more some have less...same shit nothing has changed there!
    What has changed is, TV and social media has pumped a steady diet of victim-hood and poor-me-babie propaganda for so long that the average person now has abandoned common sense and joined the Communist march for utopia and a Rainbow-Unicorn world were we all hug a damn tree and sing campfire songs while the world around us falls into destruction. Not from bombs or bullets but from programed bullshit..... it's a dream..
    George Carlin spoke wisdom in his comedy act when he stated " The American Dream,..Yeah ya gotta be asleep to Believe that shit"

    Where do I see society headed? Into slavery...a yoke of poverty and serfdom. But it's is not being forced on us....not at all, it's is willingly be accepted as an answer to our perceived problems we face in the world today. Old Bait and switch!
    It's not new...it's the same game being played from eons ago....But this time around it seems to be working. The Powers that be or the controllers or Archons or Aliens or whatever the fuck that's in charge here, have driven 99 of the 100 nails in our coffin. They got good...they know more about us than we do.
    Liberty and Freedom are now just quaint bywords spoke of by slaves that are blue-pilled and Purple Koolaided into stupidity.... Boil frogs much?

    I think MGTOW is helping the cause of freedom....maybe not world wide but certainly on a individual level.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    117
    Reputation
    735
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Here is an article showing the economic frustration of
    Millennials
    https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/The-average-millennial-has-an-average-net-worth-13909188.php

    ""Millennials are doing far worse financially than generations before them, with student loans, rising rents and higher health care costs pushing the average net worth below $8,000, a new study shows.
    The net worth of Americans aged 18 to 35 has dropped 34 percent since 1996, according to research released Thursday by Deloitte,""

    The only way civilization on this trend can continue is if the woman gives 100% to the family economy, and fat chance of that happening. In fact, I think the opposite will happen. Civilization will fall faster because women will become more duplicitous and use lies, civil courts, and the State to extract every last cent they can from men



  6. #26
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16202

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppes#9 View Post
    I have seen many changes in our society over the past few decades that boggles the mind. When I became an adult in the mid 1970's I had a healthy optimistic view of Life and the World around me. I wasn't born with a silver spoon, nor were we "poor" My family was a hard working blue collar typical American family. We didn't have new fancy cars or "McMansion" homes. There were a few times as a kid I remember my Dad being without work for a spell and things were tight. We always had hot food on the table and we wore clean clothes to school. My Dad was a hard working proud man that refused a handout....He was proud of the fact that He was the first in his family who grew up during the Depression and graduated High School.
    I remember kids that had more than we did, also remember those that didn't.....we never went without and I never heard my parents complain or whine about things. They taught us hard work and patience was the correct way to improve a persons life. Having morals , common sense, and standing up for what was right and calling out what was wrong was the way to be.

    Fast forward to now.....and all I see are people that self-identify as a dayum victim.
    Yes I understand the corporate CEO and the Bankster are not our friends.....but when have they ever been? Times are hard and prices are high....some have more some have less...same shit nothing has changed there!
    What has changed is, TV and social media has pumped a steady diet of victim-hood and poor-me-babie propaganda for so long that the average person now has abandoned common sense and joined the Communist march for utopia and a Rainbow-Unicorn world were we all hug a damn tree and sing campfire songs while the world around us falls into destruction. Not from bombs or bullets but from programed bullshit..... it's a dream..
    George Carlin spoke wisdom in his comedy act when he stated " The American Dream,..Yeah ya gotta be asleep to Believe that shit"

    Where do I see society headed? Into slavery...a yoke of poverty and serfdom. But it's is not being forced on us....not at all, it's is willingly be accepted as an answer to our perceived problems we face in the world today. Old Bait and switch!
    It's not new...it's the same game being played from eons ago....But this time around it seems to be working. The Powers that be or the controllers or Archons or Aliens or whatever the fuck that's in charge here, have driven 99 of the 100 nails in our coffin. They got good...they know more about us than we do.
    Liberty and Freedom are now just quaint bywords spoke of by slaves that are blue-pilled and Purple Koolaided into stupidity.... Boil frogs much?

    I think MGTOW is helping the cause of freedom....maybe not world wide but certainly on a individual level.
    Parents want their kids to be good . So they would be easier to control .

    The powers that be thanks them for their effort with soylent green soy cake !
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    1,995
    Reputation
    7937
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Looks like being a victims a lot less work than taking care of business.


    My guess is it will be business as usual for America. We'll ignore problems, put good spins on what we can, and sweep the rest under the rug. It'll probably work until mother nature lays a catastrophe or two on us. At this point excuses and explanations won't help much.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16202

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Looks like being a victims a lot less work than taking care of business.


    My guess is it will be business as usual for America. We'll ignore problems, put good spins on what we can, and sweep the rest under the rug. It'll probably work until mother nature lays a catastrophe or two on us. At this point excuses and explanations won't help much.
    I grew up when capitalism started in post soviet union and starting your own any kind of business was potentially very lethal .

    It was racketeering massacre . For the sole purpose to kill the initiative of doing something in regular people . So the certain we know who would grab all the areas .

    Cause the opportunities were endless back then . No laws to regulate anything . But the chance that racketeers will come if you open your bread kiosk was 100% . They will extort you and then kill you .

    So it killed the first grass roots entrepreneurs and the initiative in their children .

    But people say - look, but how come some people still made it big . Well because they were not regular people , if your aunt is a minister you are not a regular person , if your dad is an army general - you are not just a regular person, if your mom is a director of factory that employs 60 000 people - you are not a regular person .

    And now its even worse . The kids used to work at macdonalds fresh off high school . Now adult people compete for those jobs .

    Of course there are no young specialists because even internships at regular jobs are only through connections .

    And you are not getting anywhere in the corporate world driving UBER . Ever .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  9. #29
    Senior Member Opaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Planet Earth/Northern Hemisphere/Land of Low wages & High taxes
    Posts
    947
    Reputation
    9209
    Type
    Sagacious

    Re: Where is society headed?

    NBM,
    I understand where you are coming from, but I think this apocalyptic vision is sometimes used by some MGTOW to make themselves feel as if they can one day have enough resources, in a downward economy or even a depression, so that a woman, or some women will take an interest in them again.

    What I am saying is, they think a lack of food and water for a week or two, will make women open their legs and give something in return for male effort in being protector, provider.

    That is true enough, but even if the price of oil went up x10 tomorrow, there are plenty of social organisations and .gov plans to save the whammins. Why? Simply because women have total control in the sexual sphere of life, and in human life, sex is everything. Sex is life, it is what keeps things going, the economy, work, business etc..

    Men are programmed to sacrifice themselves for women, it is only very few men (mostly of the MGTOW persuasion) who keep the gynocentric expectations at a distance; and many end up depressed or 'depressive'; and it extremely difficult to keep a healthy MGTOW mind even after many years of self-reflection. And MGTOW won't be enough to cause this or that economic crash.

    AI is something new and is outside the influence of human sexuality, so yes, many jobs will be automated and it will leave many people (mainly men) out of a job. As far as the gynocracy dictates, a man losing his job is just an unfortunate happenstance and he will have to put up with it.

    However, the one thing which won't be subject to automation is sex. Mark my words and watch how the government will step in and stop the advancements of sex robots. Whammins are already talking about 'sex-doll ethics' because they cannot bear having to compete with free or cheap.

    If they cannot stop the sex doll industry, they will find other ways to stop men buying them. Not that I care, because I prefer to be with another human anyway.

    Things will balance themselves out in one way or another because everything is sexual, and the only reason money exists is because of sex. Imagine if everyone was sexually satisfied and had their basic needs met, no one would show up to work, no one would run after a cunt and spend $30 cocktails.

    Don't forget that for most most men, blue pillers, white knights, etc... protecting and providing for a cunt is a substitute religion. It is what Christianity was in the Middle Ages, with added fervour and government sanctioned gynocentric laws on top of a shitty deal to start with (men being born a slave class in the western gynocracies).
    Last edited by Opaque; June 1, 2019 at 5:19 AM. Reason: spelling error

  10. #30
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16202

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    NBM,
    I understand where you are coming from, but I think this apocalyptic vision is sometimes used by some MGTOW to make themselves feel as if they can one day have enough resources, in a downward economy or even a depression, so that a woman, or some women will take an interest in them again.

    What I am saying is, they think a lack of food and water for a week or two, will make women open their legs and give something in return for male effort in being protector, provider.

    That is true enough, but even if the price of oil went up x10 tomorrow, there are plenty of social organisations and .gov plans to save the whammins. Why? Simply because women have total control in the sexual sphere of life, and in human life, sex is everything. Sex is life, it is what keeps things going, the economy, work, business etc..

    Men are programmed to sacrifice themselves for women, it is only very few men (mostly of the MGTOW persuasion) who keep the gynocentric expectations at a distance; and many end up depressed or 'depressive'; and it extremely difficult to keep a healthy MGTOW mind even after many years of self-reflection. And MGTOW won't be enough to cause this or that economic crash.

    AI is something new and is outside the influence of human sexuality, so yes, many jobs will be automated and it will leave many people (mainly men) out of a job. As far as the gynocracy dictates, a man losing his job is just an unfortunate happenstance and he will have to put up with it.

    However, the one thing which won't be subject to automatic is sex. Mark my words and watch how the government will step in and stop the advancements of sex robots. Whammins are already talking about 'sex-doll ethics' because they cannot bear having to compete with free or cheap.

    If they cannot stop the sex doll industry, they will find other ways to stop men buying them. Not that I care, because I prefer to be with another human anyway.

    Things will balance themselves out in one way or another because everything is sexual, and the only reason money exists is because of sex. Imagine if everyone was sexually satisfied and had their basic needs met, no one would show up to work, no one would run after a cunt and spend $30 cocktails.

    Don't forget that for most most men, blue pillers, white knights, etc... protecting and providing for a cunt is a substitute religion. It is what Christianity was in the Middle Ages, with added fervour and government sanctioned gynocentric laws on top of a shitty deal to start with (men being born a slave class in the western gynocracies).
    If a MGTOW is satisfied in his own MGTOW lol skin he would never want an apocalypse ...

    Sex dolls will never be big . They are not big and will never be big . They are not cheap and will never be cheap . Same as cell phones only got more expensive with time .

    What would an average man do without a woman bossing him around ? Drink himself to death before 40 .


    Men get sugar babies for the gfe . Straight prostitution is cheaper but good gfe is priceless . You feel important that way .


    Parents know that their daughters go pro and are proud of it . It just a job .

    There will be no apocalypse .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  11. #31
    Moderator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,625
    Reputation
    10636
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nino View Post
    So, where is this shitty society headed exactly?
    Which society are you talking about?

    I'm reading here the opinions of people who live in different parts of the world. If, say, one lives in the USA and the other lives in Italy, and if they disagree to any extent on whether there is doom and gloom, can't they each be speaking for their respective geographic regions? It's a big world. When each person mentions "society", which society is he talking about? The one in his country? For instance, Swedish society is different from others. I'd want to know if a commenter living in Sweden was talking about his Swedish society, or some other country's society, and then, which one.

    Or, when someone online uses the word society, is its scope to be defined by each reader, or maybe it's a one-size-fits-all amalgamation of international ideas, fabricated to facilitate a world-wide-web type of discussion? If so, to what extent is its population a fiction? To what extent does it disservice us to use it as a one-size-fits-all term? And do we care?

    It's easy for me to think in an America-centric way and AFAIK this GYOW website is only in English. My American TV news is largely local and national, not international. Would the guy from Italy in my example find a different experience than me when watching Italian TV and reading Italian men's websites that were written only in Italian, websites that are accessed by a smaller cross-section of people (those who read/write Italian), perhaps reflecting the general collective perceptions of those in that country? Italian-centric? Could Italian society, for example, be differently hopeful than some other society?

    I'm well aware that Americans have been accused by other countries of being American-centric in our views of the world but I can't believe we hold the franchise on that human trait. Self-centric national thinking could be anywhere. (Ha, it just occurred to me that my earlier post was addressing the danger of thinking in a web-centric way.)

    I'm not talking about the parts of discussion where we compare with each other our understanding of world history and how it may relate to modern times. I'm talking about the "modern times" part, the local/national influences on each of us in our various countries of residence which may produce non-identical attitudes across the spectrum of societies.

    I may have poorly explained what I am trying to say, but think this should figure into the question.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  12. #32

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Hello Opaque

    thanks for further expanding on your thoughts

    but I think this apocalyptic vision is sometimes used by some MGTOW to make themselves feel as if they can one day have enough resources, in a downward economy or even a depression, so that a woman, or some women will take an interest in them again.
    I can assure you that is not my case. I'm dreading a collapse for being honest only a fool would not. I'm still in contact with women as well, I haven't gone ghost since all females I know got friendzoned by me it is not something I consider a problem to the contrary it is very entertaining and I'm having quite some fun.

    Men are programmed to sacrifice themselves for women, it is only very few men (mostly of the MGTOW persuasion) who keep the gynocentric expectations at a distance; and many end up depressed or 'depressive'; and it extremely difficult to keep a healthy MGTOW mind even after many years of self-reflection. And MGTOW won't be enough to cause this or that economic crash.
    If we have been able to throw off the shackles of life long indoctrination so can do others if they want too. Bluepillers are perfectly happy with the world as it is, at least it seems to me as if they are. Most probably they won't even change mind the first time they go into the meat grinder otherwise I fail to understand why they are marrying a second and a third time. MGTOW will not be the cause of economic collapse that will be caused by the banks who are controlled by TPTB. If you need to implement a new system than the old one needs to be destroyed that is what we are witnessing.

    IMHO MGTOW is the desired outcome of the social engineers. They know perfectly well that men aren't stupid and that they would disengage. MGTOW has little to do with an economic collapse we will be caught in it as everyone else. When I'm talking about a probable collapse I'm not thinking of it in MGTOW terms I'm thinking of it in geopolitical terms, in a collapse war will be pushed to hide who caused the collapse in the first place. Since TPTB make a killing of killing people they have no problems whatsoever to kill a couple of billions. Read "War is a racket" by Smedley Butler and you will know why mankind is in perpetual war.

    However, the one thing which won't be subject to automatic is sex. Mark my words and watch how the government will step in and stop the advancements of sex robots. Whammins are already talking about 'sex-doll ethics' because they cannot bear having to compete with free or cheap.
    I agree with you, your statement on that subject is accurate IMO the question is will they succeed? Maybe we'll be still alive to witness it.

    Europe is going down the drain I just give you one example but there are hundreds of others.

    Italy.

    Italy can't even pay the Interest on the debt they have. Italy is about to receive 3 billions of Euro's in additional debt because the fucking European bureaucrats need to state an example to every Nation in the EU what will happen to them if they don't meet Brussels expectations. They have established the MSF Monetary Stabilty Fund where every member Nation has to pay into, in case a member state goes belly up like Greece. The problem is that the money is used to bail out the fucking banks who caused the problem in a first place. How long do you think people will bend over meanwhile politicians and banker are aiming for penetration.

    MGTOW has little to do with a probable economic collapse and I don't see MGTOW being a danger to the system. MGTOW is not about changing the world we live in.
    MGTOW for me is my personal change as man. I didn't seek to become a MGTOW. MGTOW has found me when the time was right it was a logical conclusion born out of my perceiption of the world I live in. My observation of the last 20 years has led me to go consciously MGTOW and I'm not a reluctant MGTOW forced by the current system of our social construct. Even if laws would be changed back and made family friendly I won't go to the plantation. I've never been there in the first place. I'm feeling very comfortable when I'm alone but the very crucial thing is the freedom to do whatever I want without having to discuss anything.

    I do it or I don't and nobody is nagging me for my action or inaction. The freedom and the peace I have is priceless I will never be able to give that up.
    In case they would force me I'd rather die then bow to the system.

    Thanks for the great discussion gentlemen.


    p.s. @ Unboxxed very good point you have brought up it is something that you can't leave out of the equation. Very good point indeed.
    Last edited by Natural Born MGTOW; May 31, 2019 at 7:04 PM. Reason: added post scriptum
    "MGTOW is an extreme measure to an extreme situation"
    Quote Insidious Sid: "Some men are so MGTOW they're not even MGTOW".
    Quote Life is what you make of it "Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy."

  13. #33
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    120
    Reputation
    333
    Type
    Poltergeist

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Agreed with apocalypse in the light of what Unboxxed said. The event might be different and at different times for different places. And if its not total collapse, it can be some kind of civil disobedience, which can also be quite problematic to live through.

    Venezuela is probably facing one such event right now. Maybe France's yellow vest protests can also be considered in it. People actually getting shot and dying in both those cases.

    While I disagree on global "apocalypse" all at once, unless nukes start flying in terminator's skynet type fantasy, I do agree that we will be seeing increased intensity and frequency of generic social disturbances in near future as the debt and many other issues, both economic and cultural, get piled up.

    I will go as far as saying, that imposition of extreme surveillance state is also a kind of disturbance. Take China, you walk the wrong way on the road, or dont say thank you to the shopkeeper and "points" will get deducted from your social score. And after enough points are deducted, social services will be denied to you, like you wont be able to take flights. And there, people get rewarded with score if they report other offenders, and this makes the situation even more nasty.
    Last edited by rkspsm; May 31, 2019 at 8:04 PM. Reason: typo

  14. #34
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    79
    Reputation
    477
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is society headed?

    The apocalypse is coming and it has little to do with social dynamics. The momentum of climate change is already past the point of no return. Go look at the charts at https://climate.nasa.gov/ if you want to have nightmares. And if you don't believe the charts, the consistently-broken heat records year on year should set alarm bells off. So forget the current state of society, it is the least of our worries. We are going to witness the end of mankind, and that sounds terrible, but it is also extremely profound.

  15. #35

    Re: Where is society headed?

    We are going to witness the end of mankind, and that sounds terrible, but it is also extremely profound.
    Nature corrects itself. it had to end sometime. I don't trust NASA for being honest but that's just me.
    "MGTOW is an extreme measure to an extreme situation"
    Quote Insidious Sid: "Some men are so MGTOW they're not even MGTOW".
    Quote Life is what you make of it "Marriage is the only war where you sleep with the enemy."

  16. #36
    Moderator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,625
    Reputation
    10636
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Did those who lived through World Wars I and II consider them the apocalypse? Bad as they were, the world is still here. Short of dropping bombs, what would an apocalypse now look like? A lot of upset people typing on keyboards? Losing to gynocentric legislation?

    High unemployment? Been there, done that.

    Does anyone but me remember the hulaballoo over Y2K? Oh, the computers were all going to get out of sync and society would come to a crashing halt. A lot of books were sold to warn of the impending disaster. Lots of news reports. Talking heads on TV. Then came 2000 and... nothing happened.

    Talk about your fake news. Long before Trump.

    The internet can selectively popularize in our awareness so many different things and do it unrelentingly that I believe no one who has the mental capacity short of a Deity could absorb it all without losing perspective.

    Will climate change influence countries to bomb each other? Will climate change contribute to gynocentric legislation? Those are interesting questions to me. Maybe someone knows instances where it already has, right under my nose. Well wait, I see some American politicians addressing the issue of climate change as a "liberal" issue which gets grouped with gynocentric legislation by the fact that voting for that politician gets you both.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  17. #37
    Senior Member rkspsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Delhi, India
    Posts
    120
    Reputation
    333
    Type
    Poltergeist

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Did those who lived through World Wars I and II consider them the apocalypse? Bad as they were, the world is still here. Short of dropping bombs, what would an apocalypse now look like? A lot of upset people typing on keyboards? Losing to gynocentric legislation?

    High unemployment? Been there, done that.

    Does anyone but me remember the hulaballoo over Y2K? Oh, the computers were all going to get out of sync and society would come to a crashing halt. A lot of books were sold to warn of the impending disaster. Lots of news reports. Talking heads on TV. Then came 2000 and... nothing happened.

    Talk about your fake news. Long before Trump.

    The internet can selectively popularize in our awareness so many different things and do it unrelentingly that I believe no one who has the mental capacity short of a Deity could absorb it all without losing perspective.

    Will climate change influence countries to bomb each other? Will climate change contribute to gynocentric legislation? Those are interesting questions to me. Maybe someone knows instances where it already has, right under my nose. Well wait, I see some American politicians addressing the issue of climate change as a "liberal" issue which gets grouped with gynocentric legislation by the fact that voting for that politician gets you both.
    Exactly why its a bit hard to take climate thing seriously. Maybe there is some truth to climate change, but I am not trusting this global leftist cartel on anything.

  18. #38
    Member UnFucked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    79
    Reputation
    477
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is society headed?

    I hope you guys are right. I'm a pessimist sometimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Short of dropping bombs, what would an apocalypse now look like? A lot of upset people typing on keyboards?
    That just made my evening

  19. #39
    Member Hoppes#9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The Carolinas
    Posts
    55
    Reputation
    195
    Type
    just me..

    Re: Where is society headed?

    What is the Apocalypse? Is it an ELE event,..is it a devastating war..., is it the end of Americas rule?
    Global warming....hmmm well according to non-Grata scientists our solar system and our immediate planetary neighbors are having the same problems... temp. fluctuations and massive wind storms.. planetary disruption.
    We are moving thru the core of the universe...entering thru a new zodiac constellation.. and new Yuga.
    And as we do the "normal" we know will change and is doing so now.
    This Terra has been gob-smack countless times throughout it's history by comets and other celestial bodies that have brought about ELE's. It's very possible we will see it in our generation. Maybe TPTB know this....maybe their calculations are correct....maybe they have a back up plan to fuck us over while they escape or survive what is coming. Or maybe they are just dumb Fucks intent on destroying all this over their greed.

    Nukes, Asteroid, Yellowstone or World War... Take your pick but I believe a RESET is coming...

  20. #40
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    587
    Reputation
    2937
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Where is society headed?

    Here's what I imagine when I think Apocalypse!

    Giant Meteor 2016

    https://youtu.be/Ks1cXntLd7U


Similar Threads

  1. How can society allow this
    By Porkncheese in forum Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 17, 2018, 7:14 PM
  2. Headed to MDE next month.....
    By sam luis obispo in forum p4p
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 27, 2017, 1:41 AM
  3. Lunk-headed hypocrisy
    By Mr Wombat in forum Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: December 2, 2014, 1:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •