Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Married Bliss?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    541
    Type
    Ghost

    Married Bliss?

    Just where is society headed lads?

    Amanda Knox and her fiancé are asking for donations to crowd-find their $10,000 wedding.
    I assume they meant crowd-fund.

    https://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/...ng-938776.html

    I came upon this story this afternoon and initially thought to myself: Is this where we are now? Get other people to pay for our life decisions instead of taking personal responsibility and working for our goals?

    Then I read on and realised that this woman had been imprisoned for 4 years and later found innocent for murder in Italy, I remember hearing about it at the time, and thought maybe she deserved a little help and compassion.

    The couple note on the website that their plans for a wedding were interrupted when Amanda was invited to return to Italy for the first time and speak at the Italy Innocence Project’s inaugural wrongful convictions event.

    “With scant time to plan, and no financial backing, we had to spend our wedding funds on this challenging and important journey,” she and Robinson wrote.
    Aren’t they so caring and big-hearted?

    But something still felt a bit, well, off, so I did a bit of looking around and apparently Miss Knox has a net worth of approx. $200,000 after paying off all her legal fees, debts etc.:

    https://biowikis.com/amanda-knox/

    This is due in no small part to earning approx. $3.8 million in a book deal according to People.com.

    Amanda Knox’s $3.8M from Her Book Deal Went to Pay Off Loans and Legal Fees from Her Italy Ordeal
    https://people.com/crime/amanda-knox...al-fees-loans/

    Added to that, her fiancé is estimated to be worth $400,000:

    https://www.dreshare.com/chris-robinson/

    Maybe my maths is a bit off, but out their combined worth of some $600,000 I think that maybe they can afford to pay for their own fekkin’ wedding. And as an afterthought I wonder how much Mr. Robinson will be worth after the divorce?

  2. #2

    Re: Married Bliss?

    It's heading towards a point where even the few remaining men who want to get married, won't be able to afford it. Hell, we're there already. Average cost of a wedding is $30k. That's more than the average person makes in a year. Insane.

    It's heading towards a point where the wealthiest men in society will be the ones who refused to marry or have children. The men who worked hard to earn wealth especially will not want to risk it all in divorce. The risks are so obvious they can no longer be ignored, and anyone who does get married will be financially ruined beyond repair.

    I think we are getting to a point where women will become increasingly desperate, especially once they realize their marriage racket is failing. They will start looking for other ways to exploit men, and will become even more brazen and obvious about it, but I don't think it will matter. By the time we reach that point, there won't be much left for them to exploit anyway. People are becoming poorer and more desperate every day.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    2,882
    Reputation
    25627
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Married Bliss?

    If he can't afford to marry the b1tch, he sure as hell won't be able to afford the divorce!!
    Nasty looking thing, to be sure.
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mum's Basement
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    5318
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Well I'm not contributing.

    I've always said that marriage is an awfully costly start to a divorce.

    'go-fund me' itself has a long history of non-deserving beggars:-

    https://www.ranker.com/list/dumb-gof...s/ashley-reign

  5. #5
    Senior Member Knarley Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Kandiyohi County, Minnesota
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    1793
    Type
    Toxic old fart

    Re: Married Bliss?

    What a guy should do, is the day after the wedding, start a go fund me divorce fund....
    As soon as she says "I do", she don't
    MOLON LABE......."Come take them"

  6. #6
    Senior Member Boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    351
    Reputation
    3008
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Divorce? What makes anyone think the husband will survive the honeymoon?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    544
    Reputation
    3918
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Married Bliss?

    I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me knows she could've done a hell of a lot better. By that I mean found someone a lot better-looking. On the other hand, from this distance, no one can really say for sure what's inside a person. It can take years even for married people to find out what their spouses are really like: what they value and don't value, what they need and don't need, what makes them happy and what pisses them off, and so on. In engineering terms, each one of us is a black box, welded shut. I'm guessing that something about each of those people satisfies a strong need (or several) the other person has and couldn't find anywhere else. But what those are will probably remain invisible to us, or at the very least unable to be explained.

    Anyway, even though today's dismal marriage stats are against it, I hope it's real and I hope it lasts. She's been through enough shit already. Maybe now she'll get a chance to coast a bit and enjoy the rest of her life.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    541
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Quote Originally Posted by kru-kut View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me knows she could've done a hell of a lot better. By that I mean found someone a lot better-looking. On the other hand, from this distance, no one can really say for sure what's inside a person. It can take years even for married people to find out what their spouses are really like: what they value and don't value, what they need and don't need, what makes them happy and what pisses them off, and so on. In engineering terms, each one of us is a black box, welded shut. I'm guessing that something about each of those people satisfies a strong need (or several) the other person has and couldn't find anywhere else. But what those are will probably remain invisible to us, or at the very least unable to be explained.

    Anyway, even though today's dismal marriage stats are against it, I hope it's real and I hope it lasts. She's been through enough shit already. Maybe now she'll get a chance to coast a bit and enjoy the rest of her life.
    I applaud your sentiment of hoping this is real, as do I.

    But as you have said they obviously see something in one another that satisfies a need.

    My belief is that this need is, in turn, notoriety and money. He sees in her a figure in the media's eye (Netflix is about to release a documentary about her story) thereby possibly increasing his own notoriety and increasing his book sales. She sees in him a typical Beta-bux provider, at the moment he has more net worth than her and she wants her hands on it.

    Sorry to be a pessimist, but I don't give this marriage pissing time!

  9. #9
    Senior Member JaydenJazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Downtown Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    168
    Reputation
    1271
    Type
    Adventurous

    Re: Married Bliss?

    I love the title "Married Bliss" That's a prime example of an oxymoron I have seen. Marriage is FAR from blissful, at least with a standard BF/GF relationship there's the breakup in which the two go their own separate ways, God forbid they had any children beforehand. With a marriage, a separation followed by divorce will definitely cost some money and in even grim cases, homicide as a last ditch effort to escape a marriage. Yeah I've watched a lot of Forensic Files, I know a bit about this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Joetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    623
    Reputation
    2074
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Married Bliss?

    It sounds like a couple of panhandlers bugging tourists for money.
    "Don't follow in my footsteps. I stepped in something."

  11. #11
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    849
    Reputation
    4417
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Married Bliss?

    When I'm dead and rotted away, all that matters are cases like this, where I shall say, the only go-fund-me I ever made was to another MGTOW brother trapped in dyer straights!

    Chalk one up for Tower!

    Hey Donkey, do ya think this post'll get out of the corner? My teacher called it the Twilight Zone! A whole area in the back of the class all to myself!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mum's Basement
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    5318
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgtower View Post
    When I'm dead and rotted away, all that matters are cases like this, where I shall say, the only go-fund-me I ever made was to another MGTOW brother trapped in dyer straights!

    Chalk one up for Tower!

    Hey Donkey, do ya think this post'll get out of the corner? My teacher called it the Twilight Zone! A whole area in the back of the class all to myself!

    There's no justice in life. Good deeds don't count. You're only judged on the bad deeds.

    Think of it like this...if you had a friend that kept falling over - and you said to him "hey...do you remember the 9 times out of 10 that I caught you?" - guess which time he'd be thinking about.

  13. #13
    Senior Member mgtower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    849
    Reputation
    4417
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Keyknob View Post
    There's no justice in life. Good deeds don't count. You're only judged on the bad deeds.

    Think of it like this...if you had a friend that kept falling over - and you said to him "hey...do you remember the 9 times out of 10 that I caught you?" - guess which time he'd be thinking about.
    Any friends like that I take mountain climbing!

  14. #14

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Then I read on and realised that this woman had been imprisoned for 4 years and later found innocent for murder in Italy,

    But something still felt a bit, well, off, so I did a bit of looking around and apparently Miss Knox has a net worth of approx. $200,000 after paying off all her legal fees, debts etc.:

    https://biowikis.com/amanda-knox/

    This is due in no small part to earning approx. $3.8 million in a book deal according to People.com.

    ?
    Hmmm....yes....4 years in an Italian prison is 52 weeks x 4 = 208 weeks.

    After her book paid all her legal fees - from three different trials - she was left with approximately $200, 000.

    That comes out to less than a thousand a week as her only recompense for the loss of 25% of her life (up to that time) and about a thousand a week in in a foreign prison.

    If there ever was a woman who was an actual, bona fide victim, it is her.

    How much would I have to pay you to spend a week in a foreign prison? Would YOU do it for $980 dollars?
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  15. #15
    Administrator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,865
    Reputation
    11218
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Knox lives in the same town as me. On the local radio yesterday, somebody (Knox? Her agent?) explained that she had sent a (facebook?) message to only those who were invited to her wedding that, in lieu of gifts, if they wanted to contribute cash (towards the wedding). And then, the radio said, apparently, the online mentality being what it is, one of the recipients of that message thought it would be a good idea to disseminate that message to outsiders where it got picked by the media and reported as a public broadcast message.

    Yet, that explanation does not agree with the fact that this is a publicly accessible plea for money in exchange for goods:

    Registry

    So, somebody is spinning stories locally.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax and register-her.net

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mum's Basement
    Posts
    1,294
    Reputation
    5318
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Married Bliss?

    The whole 'marriage gift' crap is basically begging.

    You decided to get married - fund it all yourself. Don't involve me with your toasters and cutlery demands.

    Especially when the two of you are collectively pulling in ten times a year what I get.

    Stick your demands for a £150 kettle up your ass....I've got a £9 one!!

  17. #17

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Lol, my ex-wife and I went wild in the Target, putting on pop-tarts and halloween decorations all manner of goofy shit. Why not? Instead, we got lots of pots and pans after living together for 5 years. She really was fun, for a while. *shrug*

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    130
    Reputation
    541
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam luis obispo View Post
    Hmmm....yes....4 years in an Italian prison is 52 weeks x 4 = 208 weeks.

    After her book paid all her legal fees - from three different trials - she was left with approximately $200, 000.

    That comes out to less than a thousand a week as her only recompense for the loss of 25% of her life (up to that time) and about a thousand a week in in a foreign prison.

    If there ever was a woman who was an actual, bona fide victim, it is her.

    How much would I have to pay you to spend a week in a foreign prison? Would YOU do it for $980 dollars?
    Simple answer, no I wouldn't spend a day in any prison for any amount of money - well realistically speaking, offer me a million a day and I might reconsider.

    My point is not only is she capitalising on her misfortune - I have no problem with that, sell your story if you can - but she is also playing on people's sympathy without telling the whole story of her financial situation. She's basically saying she's financially strapped and you should give her your money because she was wronged.

    The being wronged bit I can get behind, but the need for more money doesn't ring true for me.

  19. #19

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackoff View Post
    Simple answer, no I wouldn't spend a day in any prison for any amount of money - well realistically speaking, offer me a million a day and I might reconsider.

    My point is not only is she capitalising on her misfortune - I have no problem with that, sell your story if you can - but she is also playing on people's sympathy without telling the whole story of her financial situation. She's basically saying she's financially strapped and you should give her your money because she was wronged.

    The being wronged bit I can get behind, but the need for more money doesn't ring true for me.
    Her friends, their choice. $200k doesn't last very long, former jailbirds aren't very employable, and PTSD is forever.
    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.

  20. #20

    Re: Married Bliss?

    Then there are the years she was not able to contribute to any kind of pension plan, the lack of opportunities to build any kind of wealth, and the small window she will have to sell her story.

    Let us not degenerate into "He-man Woman Haters Club" from the Little Rascals and get bent out of shape because some where, some how, some woman who suffered a bona fide injustice might get 15 minutes of fame, a Lifetime movie, and a nice wedding day.

    Most of us on this site are too smart to hook up with a woman who comes with so much emotional mileage, but if her husband to be knows what he is in for, and chooses to be with her anyway, more power to him. At least she didn't spend her 20s on the cock carousel.


    An escort is a woman you occasionally financially support only when she has sex with you.

    A date is a woman you occasionally financially support in the hope she will have sex with you.

    A wife is a woman you constantly financially support even when she is not having sex with you.

    An ex-wife is a woman you constantly financially support with alimony so she can have sex......with someone else.


Similar Threads

  1. Get married in this day and age?
    By Tangent in forum Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 21, 2018, 8:09 PM
  2. I'm getting married!
    By Aintdealingwithyoshit in forum Random (Non-MGTOW subjects)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 2, 2016, 1:37 AM
  3. We were never married?
    By The_Joker in forum Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 25, 2016, 3:19 PM
  4. If you ever get down about NOT being married...
    By Ivan Drago in forum Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 2, 2014, 1:18 AM
  5. 45% of men in the US should get married
    By Abdenour in forum Rant
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: July 9, 2014, 2:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •