Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Man Up!

  1. #1

    Man Up!

    How many times have you heard that before? "Man up." It is one of the most vicious items that is thrown at men in our world today. It used to bother me to hear that. Why? It's always a one way street. "Man up" means that I'm supposed to protect and provide for women. From paying for dates to sacrificing everything in a marriage. What would I get in return? Possibly a physical encounter and companionship. The cost is extremely high. Oh, but gender roles are bad! At least when applied to women. Funny how that works isn't it?

    That's where MGTOW comes in. I don't need to follow what a woman thinks that a man is. I am in no way obligated to be a protector and a provider. Taking care of myself is what I'm ultimately faced with. Sometimes I do well, sometimes I don't. Either way I face the consequences of my own actions without the guilt and shame that come with women. What are the things that help me become better at taking care of myself? Financial literacy, knowing something about car repair, keeping up with the news, going to the doctor when it's necessary, staying away from debt, and feeding myself. These are just a few things. The list could go on.

    What helps you to go your own way? Communities like this one are certainly important. However I want you the reader to chime in here. What you post can help others. What I've posted in the past on other forums helped lurkers and members alike and that's what keeps me coming back. That is a profound part of what we're doing here. We need to make a good thread here or else Gargamel will post cat pictures! That last line was a joke, Gargamel doesn't post cat pictures unless the situation calls for it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MarketWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    100
    Reputation
    223
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Man Up!

    Man up=Man down and do what I want you to do.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Manfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    190
    Reputation
    2115
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Man Up!

    The expression "man up" has some interesting extrapolations. First, if men are "up" what are women? Down?
    Is it supposed to say that men have an obligation to be better or above women in their behavior?

    Isnt this extremely sexist, under the PC feminist culture we are in?

    Of course nobody thinks these things beyond the first iteration.

    Take the idea that a man must "follow what a woman thinks that a man is". What makes women specialists in what a man is and does? Only about what best serves their interests!

    And that is the main point. Society teach us men what best serves its interests. Women teach men what
    best serves their interests. And men are supposed to be the ones disregarding their interests in sacrifice for others?

    Let us individually do exactly the same: do what best serve OUR interests.

    And that is in a nutshell my concept of MGTOW. What are my interests and how are they best served.

  4. #4

    Re: Man Up!

    And to anyone who gets the shaming tactic disguised as an appeal to reason: "But there are good women out there!"

    Yes. There are. But, it is the responsibility of no man to sift through the garbage in order to find 'a good woman'.

    And it does not matter if she seems to be a good woman right now.

    Forget AWALT. Forget NAWALT. Enough women are like that.

    And even none of that matters. Why?

    Because any woman, can choose to be like that, at any time.

    She will be encouraged, supported, and applauded.

    Funny how strong and independent women are applauded, but a man makes an independent choice for himself instead of having a relationship/choosing to marry, and he is criticized for not being mature, told he is selfish and immature, and a Peter Pan, and being unwilling to grow up. Apparently growing up means signing the bad business deal called a marriage contract, and becoming a slave to a woman through government force when she decides to use that.

    No wonder women find marriage 'romantic'. They get a slave owner contract signed by a man who willingly submits. They get a Princess Attention Slave Owner Day called a wedding. And, on this day she officially loses respect for the man she married because through the state, she can force him to submit even more. That women still consider a wedding romantic, says so much. That women, from the time they are girls, are encouraged to plan their wedding day, but not for 'being married' also says a lot.

    The system in place today is based upon the continued willingness of men to marry. The more men choose not to marry, the more the system suffers because of it. Women say men are selfish. Think about that word. It puts on display the entitlement women have to men's commitment. In years past, women criticized men for expecting sex. How often are women criticized for expecting commitment from men in the mainstream outlets? They don't, because in the end it is about 'money' and politics.

    When men do not give away their power, it is harder for women to be empowered.

    In a business environment, empowering good decisions and motivating is a useful tool.

    In society, 'empowering' women is a fad expression which is really nothing more than pandering and giving broad state approved license at the expense of others.

    The very definition of being 'empowered' is to be given something, to be validated, approved, and in the case of societal ability to make false accusations, be favored in outcomes in family and divorce court, along with all the privileges women have, empowerment, for women, is usually to gain something unearned at the expense of others.
    Last edited by Demosthenes; August 10, 2018 at 6:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member GregBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    United States of America -- 2,461' above sea level
    Posts
    341
    Reputation
    837
    Type
    GMOW - One Step At A Time

    Re: Man Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis3000 View Post
    "Man up" means that I'm supposed to protect and provide for women. ........
    That's where MGTOW comes in. I don't need to follow what a woman thinks that a man is. I am in no way obligated to be a protector and a provider. Taking care of myself is what I'm ultimately faced with................
    Great post Travis.

    If someone or a group benefits from my journey at no cost to me, then that's a bonus bestowed upon them through kismet and not my direct action.

    Someone expecting me to do something because of historical expectations imposed upon men is utter lunacy. While some might say that certain jobs are completed more efficiently through the use of men rather than women, the use of technology and other accommodations has almost eliminated this distinction. Lead from the front instead of coaching from the rear.

    If the request involves a task, process or knowledge that I am an acknowledged subject matter expert, then I will attempt to address the issue and achieve a positive outcome.

    If however the SME certainty is not confirmed, I feel quite comfortable is asking the questioner if they have attempted to perform the task yet. Their attempts will ensure that they cannot do it themselves and actually need assistance, instead of being lazy or attempting to gain control through compulsion or coercion.

    If they can, then they are empowered and can go forward confident in the knowledge that they need neither my nor anyone's assistance. If they cannot, then the discussion becomes how best to perform the task/project and who has the knowledge/skills/abilities to effectively and efficiently complete it.

    I do not need any person, media site, or historical cultural perspective to tell me how I should act or what is necessary for me to achieve the respect of others. By the virtue of birth I am already a man. Every waking moment is spent being a man, so being asked to "man up" is the ultimate of oxymorons. I eliminate much confusion, by deflecting or outright ignoring such requests. I also avoid unnecessary confusion and or emotional discussions by pushing the issue back upon the messenger.
    "My comfort animal is a Florida Alligator and I take great comfort every time he eats someone!" - PistolPete

    "​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

  6. #6
    Senior Member Don Keyknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mum's Basement
    Posts
    845
    Reputation
    2770
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Man Up!

    Good thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
    The expression "man up" has some interesting extrapolations. First, if men are "up" what are women? Down?
    Down? Well, they are, but this isn't considered as such. When they say 'man up', they are meaning you to man up to THEIR level. Or at least the level that they consider themselves to be at.

    Man up always means 'please come and help me sort out all the problems that I've brought on myself'. They will happily take your sovereignty and consider that they've done YOU a favour.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    1,686
    Reputation
    5720
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Man Up!

    It's all public relations. Though both mean the same thing, "Man up" sounds better than "Bend over".
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MGTOWFOREVER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    555
    Reputation
    2788
    Type
    Living on my own terms

    Re: Man Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by MarketWatcher View Post
    Man up=Man down and do what I want you to do.
    BINGO!

    It never made sense when a woman says "Be a man", "Man up", or any variation of "A real man" bullshit.How would they know what a man is? Do they want to be men? What also gets me is if a dude says "A real woman" then its reversed on him and he is made out gay. I always counter a woman's " Be a man" speech with "If you know so much about it then why don't you do it then?" Don't waste your time bullshitting me. Just do it yourself since you have all the answers."

  9. #9
    Senior Member GregBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    United States of America -- 2,461' above sea level
    Posts
    341
    Reputation
    837
    Type
    GMOW - One Step At A Time

    Re: Man Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    It's all public relations. Though both mean the same thing, "Man up" sounds better than "Bend over".
    Check. The Military slang is BOHICA. Bend Over, Here It Comes Again. Without the post event kiss of course.
    "My comfort animal is a Florida Alligator and I take great comfort every time he eats someone!" - PistolPete

    "​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

  10. #10

    Re: Man Up!

    Beta orbiters will use the same sort of shaming language on other men, in my experience. Whether a female says it, a mangina, or a beta orbiter, the response should be immediate avoidance of such an individual. Comparing such shaming language, in fact, all shaming language to lunacy is quite apt. I have a zero tolerance policy towards shamers, they are using words to stab your psyche and make it bleed.

  11. #11

    Re: Man Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by MGTOWFOREVER View Post
    BINGO!

    It never made sense when a woman says "Be a man", "Man up", or any variation of "A real man" bullshit.How would they know what a man is? Do they want to be men? What also gets me is if a dude says "A real woman" then its reversed on him and he is made out gay. I always counter a woman's " Be a man" speech with "If you know so much about it then why don't you do it then?" Don't waste your time bullshitting me. Just do it yourself since you have all the answers."

    Most of the time, 'man up', or 'be a man', or 'be a real man' (a real man does x) is a prompt from someone wishing to receive a direct benefit from a man and/or men in general. If what is to be gained is not of direct benefit to the individual, then it is typically stated by someone, on behalf of women, feminism, etc.) who wishes to shame a man for not being a willing utility for someone else.

    Here's One...
    A real man would take care of my kids even if he is not the father.

    No. A real man decides for himself whether he wishes to accept the burden of another man. The woman stating this garbage will likely say anything bad she can about the man, or 'men' who are not there to take care of 'her' children. She excuses herself for her poor choices in relationships, in having children, and she excuses herself for ending a relationship in order to receive benefits from her true husband, the government. But when the blame game starts, it is the father who is not present, who she very likely had a direct hand in getting rid of to begin with.

    Perhaps you have seen this comment, or a variation of it.
    It takes a strong man to accept somebody else's children and step up to the plate another man left on the table....
    This is said by those who want men to believe that they are 'strong' for accepting the left overs on a plate from which another man has already 'eaten'.
    Do you want to pay full price for sitting down to the table to eat from a plat with whatever is left by the last person to eat? Women love to pretend that every father not in the household is because he was a bad person, but the bad person is far more likely sitting there at the table, expecting you to sit down and eat and she likely played a direct role in removing him from the home. Still, she wants this man she does not respect to think she is wonderful and a victim so she can attain a benefit from him. So sit down, you will never be number 1 to her, or even in the top 5, or 10, but you damn well better babysit and pay her bills.

    This quote reveals what they expect. Sit down, Shut up. Eat off the plate in front of you and be happy you got that much, if anything.

    It's selfish entitlement by women. Any man knows he does not deserve this and won;t tolerate it it, but to her, a 'real man; should accept it because it benefits her.

    It truly reveals what a woman thinks of men if she agrees with this statement.

  12. #12
    Junior Member Maximus Aurelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    14
    Reputation
    150
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Man Up!

    ^^^^^ Good Point! (@SiameseCat)
    Whenever a woman tries to 'compete' or one up me in a conversation, I smartly reply "Are you trying to Man up??" with a smirk.. At first they don't know how to take it, and they don't expect a man to say that to them.
    It also works with the beta-blue pill men at work. They always think they have the PC crowd on their side.
    So, any shaming they do , they think is just fine, normal. But when I reply and ask them "are you trying to man up?", They immediately know they've been feminized and put back in their beta place..
    Living Life as a Man isn't a choice, But a calling... Be willing to be called a Man!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Manfred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    190
    Reputation
    2115
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Man Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Forget AWALT. Forget NAWALT. Enough women are like that.
    I once had a discussion with a psychologist about communication. She insisted that we communicate ideas, and I think we dont, we communicate hints to ideas.

    What are you communicating with EWALT? You are simultaneously hinting to Red Pill knowledge and being careful about not generalizing so that you dont "hurt" the infinitesimally small number of women not covered by red pill knowledge. You are hinting are the PC crowd that you are NOT a misogynist, even knowing full well that they will call you that anyway.

    We use concepts, that are an abstraction or simplification of reality. An object is in itself unique, like a chair that I used last week made from a tree stump. Yet we use the concept "chair" to summarize its use. My friend communicated to me: "I made that chair". The enormous amount of information that he did not communicate is more important that the information that he did.

    He did not say what is a chair: I knew it. He did not say what chair he was talking about: I had noticed it. He did not say how he made it: I understood that he made it from a tree stump.

    So, most of the transmission of ideias is based on common grounds, on shared mental models, experiences and a specific context.

    The problem is that communication in our days is being distorted as a way to distort our world view, and in its turn our world view distorts communication.

    Because the chair is made from a tree stump with roots, I can say that "not all chairs are mobile" (NACAM). And certainly most chairs ARE mobile, therefore it is actually more truthful to state "all chairs are mobile" (ACAM).

    But tree stumps apologists will dialectically claim that I am generalizing, and you cannot generalize or you might offend the tree stumps apologists. Therefore we might cop out by saying "enough chairs are mobile" (ECAM).

    The core issue is that communication is not a mathematical correct science, but more a group of hints about a concept that summarizes reality. If I say "ALL" it is not an absolute mathematical spacial infinity, it just means a high probability that something is.

    "All birds fly" can be dialectically opposed by pointing out penguins do not fly until you say "most birds fly". Yet if I yell "look at the bird", people will look at the sky: because in the real world that is were you find birds!

    I understand that people might not want to be taken as "extremists" by saying AWALT. Because, as the indoctrination goes, people that dont do flexibility are extremists. Every type of absolute truth is being looked down.

    Yet absolute truths are maps to navigate in the world: bears or sharks are dangerous animals, think otherwise and you make lousy decisions.

    All Women Are Like That. Period.

    There are exceptions, sure. There are sharks that will not bite you... immediately... because they are not hungry... or dont care for your taste. Bet on the exception, bet on the continuation of the exception, and you might lose an arm or a leg.

  14. #14

    Re: Man Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
    I once had a discussion with a psychologist about communication. She insisted that we communicate ideas, and I think we dont, we communicate hints to ideas.

    What are you communicating with EWALT? You are simultaneously hinting to Red Pill knowledge and being careful about not generalizing so that you dont "hurt" the infinitesimally small number of women not covered by red pill knowledge. You are hinting are the PC crowd that you are NOT a misogynist, even knowing full well that they will call you that anyway.

    We use concepts, that are an abstraction or simplification of reality. An object is in itself unique, like a chair that I used last week made from a tree stump. Yet we use the concept "chair" to summarize its use. My friend communicated to me: "I made that chair". The enormous amount of information that he did not communicate is more important that the information that he did.

    He did not say what is a chair: I knew it. He did not say what chair he was talking about: I had noticed it. He did not say how he made it: I understood that he made it from a tree stump.

    So, most of the transmission of ideias is based on common grounds, on shared mental models, experiences and a specific context.

    The problem is that communication in our days is being distorted as a way to distort our world view, and in its turn our world view distorts communication.

    Because the chair is made from a tree stump with roots, I can say that "not all chairs are mobile" (NACAM). And certainly most chairs ARE mobile, therefore it is actually more truthful to state "all chairs are mobile" (ACAM).

    But tree stumps apologists will dialectically claim that I am generalizing, and you cannot generalize or you might offend the tree stumps apologists. Therefore we might cop out by saying "enough chairs are mobile" (ECAM).

    The core issue is that communication is not a mathematical correct science, but more a group of hints about a concept that summarizes reality. If I say "ALL" it is not an absolute mathematical spacial infinity, it just means a high probability that something is.

    "All birds fly" can be dialectically opposed by pointing out penguins do not fly until you say "most birds fly". Yet if I yell "look at the bird", people will look at the sky: because in the real world that is were you find birds!

    I understand that people might not want to be taken as "extremists" by saying AWALT. Because, as the indoctrination goes, people that dont do flexibility are extremists. Every type of absolute truth is being looked down.

    Yet absolute truths are maps to navigate in the world: bears or sharks are dangerous animals, think otherwise and you make lousy decisions.

    All Women Are Like That. Period.

    There are exceptions, sure. There are sharks that will not bite you... immediately... because they are not hungry... or dont care for your taste. Bet on the exception, bet on the continuation of the exception, and you might lose an arm or a leg.
    For those who mince words and meaning on AWALT, vs. NAWALT. EWALT is the state of reality.

    It's not worth arguing, but it does seem the rest of my post was missed defining more about enough women being like that given this was in the post as well...

    Because any woman, can choose to be like that, at any time.

    She will be encouraged, supported, and applauded.
    So as far as AWALT / NAWALT... Whatever.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Frank V.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Lake Erie, Ohio
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    389
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Man Up!

    "Man-up" is clearly shaming language. It is used to undercut the maturity and masculinity of the man targeted with it.

    On this, we all agree.

    As a MGTOW I feel obligated to respond "Who the hell left you in charge to sit over other men as their judge and high executioner of their character ?"

    I put it to those who lift themselves above us, as if we where simple rabble and they where entitled to look down their noses at us, are the ones in a dire need to "Wake up and smell the coffee".

    This is not the 1950's. This is the 21st Century. Catch up with the damn times, Mr. Rip Van Winkle.
    This is not the same deal your grandfather or great-grandfather signed up for.
    This is not the stable institution it once was. Traditional Marriage is falling apart around you. Open your damn eyes.

    The TradCons tell us to "man-up" and get aboard their creaking and rusting hulk of a ship, the USS Traditional Marriage.

    He keeps his eyes closed, dreaming of long gone days remembered through the rose-tinted lens of fondness for the old ship.

    As a MGTOW, I respond, telling him to "wake-up". The MGTOW cannot help looking unblinking at the panting hull, insecure bulkheads, rusted battens and rats scampering down the lines securing the ship to shore.

    Rats seeking the refuge of land as the ship lists below its waterlines. They are the first to leave a doomed ship.

    No, we see clearly the worn, rusted and fouled hull. They are driven by cowardice to ignore it.

    The MGTOW also knows the number of blind and foolish willing to climb aboard, heedless of the dangers, are no testimony to seaworthiness.

    The MGTOW departs, refusing to board but instead seeks to draw pen to paper. A new design, modern innovation infused with lessons from the past told to us by elder and experienced mariners.

    The MGTOW will not "man-up" and "get on board". We are at the dry dock, forging and forming a new hull.

    For we will seek our course by a compass of reason instead of the simplistic whims of nostalgia.

    I can be readying my schooner, and still wave best wishes to my brother as he builds his catamaran. He's going his own way.

    Frank V.

  16. #16

    Re: Man Up!

    This IMHO was one of the most important moment in MGTOW. Ramzpaul responds to Former Secretary of Education/Drug Czar regarding his comments about young men needing to "Man Up".
    https://archive.org/details/youtube-bwuTZZaAD2M
    "Traditionalism and Feminism are two sides of the same Gynocentric Coin".-Turd Flinging Monkey

  17. #17

    Re: Man Up!

    Sam Kinison-The Honeymoon Killer.
    "Traditionalism and Feminism are two sides of the same Gynocentric Coin".-Turd Flinging Monkey

  18. #18

    Re: Man Up!

    ,......I have not heard a woman say,...well perhaps on TV somewhere,......but I have heard it tossed around by men too other men in "red neck" situations.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    333
    Reputation
    846
    Type
    Sexy and Handsome

    Re: Man Up!

    Man-out. Over and out.

  20. #20
    Senior Member O.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    306
    Reputation
    2607
    Type
    Sigma Male

    Re: Man Up!

    The people who say Man Up should be very very careful of what they ask for.

    Step back and think about it. Since the dawn of time the male gender has led and provided for the world. We hunted the food. Built the shelter. Fought the battles. Provided for and protected our family. Frequently died from doing all those things as well.

    In return for that we ran the world. As it should be. To the victor go the spoils. We are animals. Like all other species the male sits at the top. It's been that way in nature forever. The natural order of life. It worked that way to the benefit of the world since the beginning of mankind. Men have brought us from the stone age to today.

    Only in recent times has this natural order of things be screwed with. We are told today that most natural tendencies of men are oppressive, unfair, unfeeling, and whatever dozen or so other harmful or bad things you can say. Daily they try to reshape and change out gender's natural ways. Trying to shame us is just one of those ways.

    To those who say Man Up, I say this. You couldn't handle it if I did. If I assumed my natural role as a male right in front of your eyes. A warrior, a take no prisoners leader. The ruler of society and the world. You would shit your pants. That's how awesome, strong, fearsome, and productive men have been for centuries. All of that is in my male DNA. Like it or not. Bubbling and brewing under the thin false veneer of manhood that I must present to today's world.

    Did you say man up to me?
    Careful what you ask for! Make sure you know what comes with the package, before you demand something from me.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    "People are always angry at anyone who chooses very individual standards for his life; because of the extraordinary treatment which that man grants to himself, they feel degraded, like ordinary beings."
    - Nietzsche



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •