Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Senior Member Eddie Willers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canadian Prairies
    Posts
    674
    Reputation
    1972
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Inside Teenís $1,200 Prom: the Dress, the Date, the After-Party

    Lazarus Strikes Again!

    Personally, kids should leave school at 16 - as long as you can read, write, do basic math with pen & paper (as well as mentally) and know a little about the history of your people & its culture then what else is there?

    (Yes; I left school at 16)
    A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,930
    Reputation
    7704

    Re: Inside Teenís $1,200 Prom: the Dress, the Date, the After-Party

    Quote Originally Posted by ikbenrein View Post
    I never understood Americans in this regard. I went to high school in one of the largest cities in my country and we had high school dances, sure, but that's where the comparison stops. No limo, I got there on my bicycle . No, expensive dress or suit, just clothes you alread had though you may have paid more attention to your looks than on a regular day, the girls had a little more make up on.. Corsages were handed out by the school, though no one understood how to put such a thing on. There were no dates (and certainly no promposals), you just met your friends from school at the high school dance.

    And then you danced. Sometimes with girls, sometimes not. You made some photos, there was no afterparty and it was just good fun. It's astonishing that people try to make such a thing into a "rite of passage", it's just a fucking dance.

    Rite of passage: A rite of passage is a ceremony and marks the transition from one phase of life to another. Although it is often used to describe the tumultuous transition from adolescence to adulthood, it does refer to any of life's transitions (Births and Beginnings, Initiations, Partnerings, and Endings or Death).

    Being homeless for two weeks and really understanding the value of money was a transition from adolescence to adulthood for me. No ritual, no fancy clothes, no limo, no applause, but a hell of a lot of valuable insights gained.
    Dude ! No limo ? Dude ! Here in third world shithole they would rent a military helicopter if there were heliports on the school roof . A limo is just a simple car on that day . They would rent Bin Laden to dance can can if he was alive

    They spend so much money they could build a new school with a hospital .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  3. #23
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,930
    Reputation
    7704

    Re: Inside Teenís $1,200 Prom: the Dress, the Date, the After-Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Willers View Post
    Lazarus Strikes Again!

    Personally, kids should leave school at 16 - as long as you can read, write, do basic math with pen & paper (as well as mentally) and know a little about the history of your people & its culture then what else is there?

    (Yes; I left school at 16)
    You should have stayed for 2 more years to learn to get laid bahahah
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  4. #24
    Senior Member Insidious_Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,814
    Reputation
    14896
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Inside Teenís $1,200 Prom: the Dress, the Date, the After-Party

    Wait until you see the bill for her liberal-arts degree and major in "lesbian interpretive dance in modern media".
    Then comes the blue-pill sucker to take on all of her college debt into a marriage contract with the state.
    Do you think the state minds when a strapping young lad assumes debt for them?
    When it's a degree that basically qualifies her to wait tables or be a "barista" at Starbucks?

    Young men: Tell her you just want to be friends until her college debts are paid off. (And keep fucking).
    Then when she asks "where is this relationship going" or "when are we taking this relationship to the next level" tell her you've been friends for so long, you don't want to risk losing such a beautiful friendship.

    Next Level in video games good.
    Next Level in relationship bad. Veeeery veeeery bad. And expensive.
    - Feminism is Cancer.
    - Where have all the good men gone? Away. Far far away... from you.
    - NAWALT? Maybe, but EWALT means Russian Roulette is a much safer bet...

  5. #25
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,930
    Reputation
    7704

    Re: Inside Teenís $1,200 Prom: the Dress, the Date, the After-Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Insidious_Sid View Post
    Wait until you see the bill for her liberal-arts degree and major in "lesbian interpretive dance in modern media".
    Then comes the blue-pill sucker to take on all of her college debt into a marriage contract with the state.
    Do you think the state minds when a strapping young lad assumes debt for them?
    When it's a degree that basically qualifies her to wait tables or be a "barista" at Starbucks?

    Young men: Tell her you just want to be friends until her college debts are paid off. (And keep fucking).
    Then when she asks "where is this relationship going" or "when are we taking this relationship to the next level" tell her you've been friends for so long, you don't want to risk losing such a beautiful friendship.

    Next Level in video games good.
    Next Level in relationship bad. Veeeery veeeery bad. And expensive.
    The degree will only hinder you getting a waitress or barista job .

    Even STEM degrees only guarantee you working for years for beer money until you get something worthwhile .

    The tune is only nice while you study , the very moment the job interview comes you will be in shock no matter whats you degree or qualification .

    And after you sign a contract you will be talked to like you are a stinky turd .

    Do not even for a second be a human in there . Be ice cold .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  6. #26
    Senior Member Eiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sector 001, Earth, UCAS, Ohio Valley region
    Posts
    1,644
    Reputation
    2483
    Type
    pragmatist

    Re: Inside Teenís $1,200 Prom: the Dress, the Date, the After-Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    You should have stayed for 2 more years to learn to get laid bahahah
    *summons a 5-ton safe to fall on Alik's head for being crude without a license..* BAKA YARO!!!!!!!
    "I live in freedom, under my own flag." - Captain Harlock

    "You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." - The Doctor, "Remembrance of the Daleks"

    "To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable.. only unexplained." - The Doctor, "Robots of Death"

    "Who am I writing it for? Only the Thought Police will read it before they wipe it out of existence... but there are some things I've just got to say or I cant stay sane." -- Winston Smith, 1984

  7. #27
    Senior Member Eddie Willers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canadian Prairies
    Posts
    674
    Reputation
    1972
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Inside Teenís $1,200 Prom: the Dress, the Date, the After-Party

    Quote Originally Posted by Alik Sakharov View Post
    You should have stayed for 2 more years to learn to get laid bahahah
    Alik, brother; that was kinda' below the belt - and as an 80%er it wouldn't have made a difference.
    A gun-toting, weed-smoking, gray-bearded redneck with a Masters - old and dangerous.


Similar Threads

  1. Inside The Mind Of A Sovereign Man
    By cyberdude in forum For Ghosts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 10, 2016, 1:55 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: January 16, 2015, 5:37 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 30, 2014, 3:48 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: November 14, 2014, 2:27 PM
  5. Late to the party
    By Zardoz in forum New Member Intros
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 10, 2014, 12:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •