Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1

    This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    9.) Be happy to see him. Free him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him. Listen to him.
    10.) You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first — remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
    11.) Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
    12.) Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where you husband can renew himself in body and spirit.
    13.) Don’t greet him with complaints and problems.
    14.) Don’t complain if he’s late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
    15.) Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
    16.) Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
    17.) Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment of integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
    18.) A good wife always knows her place.

    https://www.littlethings.com/1950s-g...usewife-guide/

    Commenters: "Just showed this to my wife and she slapped me in the back of the head and told me to go do something that’s physically impossible". "My ex-wyfe would have turned into a screaming banshee if she ever read that list." "It can be done today but with a robot."

  2. #2
    Senior Member Eiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sector 001, Earth, UCAS, Ohio Valley region
    Posts
    2,141
    Reputation
    2834
    Type
    pragmatist

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    there's a big difference between a "loving wife" and a "spoiled brat"... unfortunately.. it seems the former is practically an "endangered species"...
    "I live in freedom, under my own flag." - Captain Harlock

    "You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." - The Doctor, "Remembrance of the Daleks"

    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke

    "Two possibilities exist.. either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C Clarke

  3. #3

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ or "How to con your husband"?

    Women were good at hiding their true nature, and their nature has never changed. It was always a raw deal for men, it just became worst when women started thinking they do not need men.

  4. #4
    Member #Redpillbible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    98
    Reputation
    276
    Type
    # I AM THE WAY

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Sounds like a Unicorn, I’m sure a man wrote that article. I sometimes wonder what if feminism taught the opposite of what they teach, like instead of teaching women to hate men, and that they are eternal victims and to be full fledged nasty cunts, what if instead they taught love instead, and to not be a full fledged cunt all the time, this world would be a better place, but noooooooooooooooo, we can’t have good women running around, let’s make sure they become bigger cunts to the point no man wants anything to do with them.
    #HE IS THE ONE #LEGENDARY CROSS #MGTOW JESUS CHRIST

    #(DEFENDER OF MGTOW FORUM GO YOUR OWN WAY)

    #LIKE A DOVE FROM HEAVEN. (Luke 3:22)

    #I AM THE WAY AND THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME. (John14:6)

    #IN MY VISION AT NIGHT I LOOKED, AND THERE BEFORE ME WAS ONE LIKE A SON OF MAN, COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN. HE APPROACHED THE ANCIENT OF DAYS AND WAS LED INTO HIS PRESENCE.(Daniel 7:3)

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Mr Wombat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,124
    Reputation
    18463
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Half of those pieces of advice boil down to "don't immediately start bitching at him the second he comes in the door". So simple, so easy, and so many of 'em just can't do it. There's plenty of 1950's tradcon families that could have been made a thousand times better by the wife giving the husband half an hour to wind down in peace when he got home.

  6. #6

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Feminism was a "shit test" that women failed as a group. Yes, the blue pill men are still failing the shit test, but some of them wise up, turn red pill and, viola, they start passing the shit test by walking away. But for women, there are no do overs. The cock carousel is a one way ride with a destination of loneliness and misery.

  7. #7

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Quote Originally Posted by CPRA View Post
    18.) A good wife always knows her place.
    Yes, get in the kitchen bitch and make me a chip butty! Chop chop fatty!

  8. #8
    Member It'sallbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    97
    Reputation
    246
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    I see you are still scared and too shy to say what you think.

    Good to see you bredrin.

  9. #9

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Hey fam.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    1,355
    Reputation
    4379
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    I was there in the fifties, though too young to understand much. I'll admit women were expected to be more submissive back then, but I'm pretty sure the list was just as phony then as it is today. Any woman who did half of this shit was only doing it to keep from getting slapped around. This be an adult fairy tale.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.

  11. #11
    Member Resdayn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    House Telvanni
    Posts
    57
    Reputation
    114
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wombat View Post
    Half of those pieces of advice boil down to "don't immediately start bitching at him the second he comes in the door". So simple, so easy, and so many of 'em just can't do it. There's plenty of 1950's tradcon families that could have been made a thousand times better by the wife giving the husband half an hour to wind down in peace when he got home.
    And if they manage to keep their mouths shut for half an hour, they start bitching and nagging when he's watching football or some other sport/hobby on tv, distracting him from the one thing that keeps him happy. And because he just wants it over with so he can return his focus on football, he'll agree with her just to shut her up. Vile cunts, all of them.
    Lord Nerevar Reborn

  12. #12
    Senior Member Eiji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sector 001, Earth, UCAS, Ohio Valley region
    Posts
    2,141
    Reputation
    2834
    Type
    pragmatist

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Quote Originally Posted by #Redpillbible View Post
    Sounds like a Unicorn, I’m sure a man wrote that article. I sometimes wonder what if feminism taught the opposite of what they teach, like instead of teaching women to hate men, and that they are eternal victims and to be full fledged nasty cunts, what if instead they taught love instead, and to not be a full fledged cunt all the time, this world would be a better place, but noooooooooooooooo, we can’t have good women running around, let’s make sure they become bigger cunts to the point no man wants anything to do with them.
    the article did bring up some valid points.... women these days complain about how "tired" they are "working" around the house... well, do they arrogantly think men dont "work hard"??? Last couple factory jobs I've held... I usually came home from a 12-hour shift tired and hungry... so I think the underlying reason for this list is that men get tired too... what they want is sometimes valid... and they need rest as well from time to time...
    "I live in freedom, under my own flag." - Captain Harlock

    "You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." - The Doctor, "Remembrance of the Daleks"

    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke

    "Two possibilities exist.. either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying." - Arthur C Clarke

  13. #13
    Senior Member GregBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    United States of America -- 2,461' above sea level
    Posts
    215
    Reputation
    464
    Type
    GMOW - One Step At A Time

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Quote Originally Posted by CPRA View Post
    9.) Be happy to see him. Free him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him. Listen to him.
    10.) You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first — remember, his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
    11.) Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner, or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax.
    12.) Your goal: Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquility where you husband can renew himself in body and spirit.
    13.) Don’t greet him with complaints and problems.
    14.) Don’t complain if he’s late home for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.
    15.) Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
    16.) Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
    17.) Don’t ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment of integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
    18.) A good wife always knows her place.

    https://www.littlethings.com/1950s-g...usewife-guide/

    Commenters: "Just showed this to my wife and she slapped me in the back of the head and told me to go do something that’s physically impossible". "My ex-wyfe would have turned into a screaming banshee if she ever read that list." "It can be done today but with a robot."
    Below is the "Good Wife's Guide Training" video, yes, it indeed it titled "Training."



    Your goal is try to make sure that your home is a place of peace, tranquility, and order where you husband can renew himself in body and spirit. Prepare yourself, take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup. etc. etc. etc. Be happy to see him, greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.

    Never complain ......

    Yeah. Right ... next slide please!
    "​My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.​" - Clarence Buddinton Kelland

  14. #14
    Member Greg Honda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    What used to be England
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    347
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    Divorce was expensive. hard to get, and socially frowned upon in the 50's.

    It made sense to keep the guy happy. The woman had few options.

    The situation today couldn't be more different.

  15. #15

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    ,.........A brilliant hacker would make that the run in the current issue.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    27
    Reputation
    297

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    This really makes me wonder...were women ever truly like this? Did they care about being good women, and good wives? Or did they only do it because that was the only way they could extract men's resources and live off them?

    Maybe what we are seeing now is a woman's true nature. This is what happens when you remove any dependence they have on men, and give them complete control. Either way, I'd have an easier time believing this was written by an extraterrestrial life-form than a western female less than 70 years ago. Just shows how unnatural our societies have become, and how far they've fallen.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Gizzard Gulch Or.
    Posts
    1,355
    Reputation
    4379
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: This 1955 ‘Good House Wife’s Guide’ Explains How Wives Should Treat Their Husbands

    I don't think woman were ever much like this pipe dream list. But tearing you man down back then didn't help. Without big daddy government, they needed a man, and everyone knew it.

    Were women ever like this fairy tale? A few maybe. What often happened was the woman did what she could get away with. When she went too far, she got slapped around. You more or less had to put your wife in the hospital to get in any serious trouble back then. This didn't stop women, but it sure slowed them down. Was this right? No, but what we got now's not right either.
    Every day I make the world a little bit worse.


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 2, 2018, 3:37 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: July 3, 2017, 4:51 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 13, 2014, 1:43 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 28, 2014, 5:49 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 7, 2014, 12:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •