Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
  1. #21

    Re: Select your Type

    Not sure where this will lead since I like many others don't really fit in one box or another.. little something for me to think on... not fond of boxes... well unless they have nice new tech inside them LOL.
    True happiness is only found within, to seek it elsewhere will result in failure.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ace Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,176
    Reputation
    9420
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by William Noy View Post
    I'm still pondering. I like both bachelor and neutral topics.
    I hear that.

    And I don't fault the guys who ghost. Enough ghosts out there and I'll get to read "WHERE have ALL the GOOD MEN GONE?!?!" articles at a ten-fold rate come 5 or 10 years from now of what it is already nowadays. Always warms my heart reading those. At least another man is not just bowing his head in subservience to some woman where he to her is basically being what should (in HER mind) be some damn criminally underappreciated provider boy there.
    Last edited by Ace Francis; July 29, 2015 at 1:38 AM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    891
    Reputation
    1563
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Select your Type

    think of the categories as Pirate (Bachelor), Zombie (Neutral), Ninja (Ghost).

  4. #24
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,336
    Reputation
    14864
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Rodent View Post
    Jagrmeister, I went back and reread your previous comments about the changes to the site which you intend to put into effect. However, there is one issue which remains unclear to me, and perhaps to other members as well. How exactly will selecting one of these categories change our experience here? While I was apparently mistaken in my assumption that we would be segregated into three distinct groups, and only allowed access to certain areas, I would be grateful if you explained how the forums will appear different to each group. Do you intent for these membership categories to be only nominal? Or will they alter our interactions with other people in some specific way?
    A member on this board suggested designations as it would make it clear where people are coming from when they post. For example, it's not uncommon for Ghosts and Bachelors's have different ideas on whether to approach a girl, keep a girlfriend, what to do on Friday night. I liked the idea. And I think they're right. This can smooth out differences. Next time you see someone vehemently disagree with you, you see their designation and you know why. It's understandable such people would have a different POV, neither one is "right". Further the OP can better sift through the comments, knowing the general perspective that member has.

    There is no limitation of having a designation. Everyone can access whatever forums. One way the designation would be used is that the community forums are essentially managed by those of one type. For example a Bachelor should not go into the Ghost subforum and start vehemently disagreeing with the social disadvantages of staying by yourself; conversely a Ghost should not go into Bachelor's and tell them that any attempt to court women is "pussy begging". You can if you want, nothing about the way we set up will stop you. However, it encourages people to respect the rules and lifestyle of each community. I'm not a Ghost; but I am interested in what they have to say. Chances are there is something about their perspective and way of life I can benefit from. I would mainly be read-only in that community, but nothing stops me from giving my two cents.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).
    *If you're on Twitter, follow me: MGTOW_Jagr

  5. #25
    Senior Member Inspector Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    188
    Reputation
    1316
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    A member on this board suggested designations as it would make it clear where people are coming from when they post. For example, it's not uncommon for Ghosts and Bachelors's have different ideas on whether to approach a girl, keep a girlfriend, what to do on Friday night. I liked the idea. And I think they're right. This can smooth out differences. Next time you see someone vehemently disagree with you, you see their designation and you know why. It's understandable such people would have a different POV, neither one is "right". Further the OP can better sift through the comments, knowing the general perspective that member has.

    There is no limitation of having a designation. Everyone can access whatever forums. One way the designation would be used is that the community forums are essentially managed by those of one type. For example a Bachelor should not go into the Ghost subforum and start vehemently disagreeing with the social disadvantages of staying by yourself; conversely a Ghost should not go into Bachelor's and tell them that any attempt to court women is "pussy begging". You can if you want, nothing about the way we set up will stop you. However, it encourages people to respect the rules and lifestyle of each community. I'm not a Ghost; but I am interested in what they have to say. Chances are there is something about their perspective and way of life I can benefit from. I would mainly be read-only in that community, but nothing stops me from giving my two cents.
    So, if someone vehemently disagrees with me I can see their designation and know why. That means jack-shit to me. State your case. I could care less what your designation is. Labels are effeminate. A strong opinion, a backbone, and a set of cantaloupe-sized balls is masculine. Embrace it.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Folsom, California
    Posts
    504
    Reputation
    1387
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Select your Type

    I went for Ghost. I like the new definition of Ghost better: "disconnect from society, spend time on your own, not interested in socializing/dating. Discussion is about ghosting strategies. ". It doesn't have the gloomy view of the world of the earlier definition. I don't consider "disconnect from society" to be accurate though for my case, since I am connected to the society at large through the internet. Including numerous service providers, and numerous people who speak to me on YouTube, whose speeches I find much more interesting than any conversation I ever had at any socializing event in my prior life.

  7. #27
    Moderator Unboxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,252
    Reputation
    8703
    Type
    enigmatic

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    A member on this board suggested designations as it would make it clear where people are coming from when they post. Next time you see someone vehemently disagree with you, you see their designation and you know why.
    Hmm... As the thinker I am, I infer from this that if someone harshly or rudely contrasts with my POV, I am directed to dismiss their intellect and instead look at their designation and tell myself to "consider the source." Don't people who debate look down upon that, calling it ad hominem, a "reaction directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining"? We hate when feminists do that!

    But perhaps you want me to dismiss their vehemence, not their intellect or their position. Well, if their own designation didn't stop them from being rude to me, then their designation only serves to operate me, the recipient. They get to be rude and I get to be understanding of it! What a smokin' deal for rude people! Ironically, I don't see this new thing as curbing rudeness. I see it as affirming it!


    For example a Bachelor should not go into the Ghost subforum and start vehemently disagreeing with the social disadvantages of staying by yourself; conversely a Ghost should not go into Bachelor's and tell them that any attempt to court women is "pussy begging". You can if you want, nothing about the way we set up will stop you. However, it encourages people to respect the rules and lifestyle of each community.
    By my own self-definition of unboxxed, I am without category therefore I am disqualified to vehemently disagree in any of the three communities. Ah, well, lucky for me, I never vehemently disagree with anybody. Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. Perhaps that is what needs to be promulgated.

    Good to go.
    Last edited by Unboxxed; July 29, 2015 at 8:16 AM.
    The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

    The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
    - Henry David Thoreau

    There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

    Suitable for bookmarking: www.fakehatecrimes.org and www.breitbart.com/tag/hate-crime-hoax

  8. #28
    Senior Member Chukhed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    621
    Reputation
    4293
    Type
    Happy Ghost

    Re: Select your Type

    Before i click the link {and choose ghost because that's what i resemble most when sober}, i feel i would be doing the group a great disservice by not sharing my brother's words of wisdom:

    Your label is your limitation.

    This ideology may be why many of us have concerns or 'problems' with a tag. Also, commodities have labels, men not so much. We are all going through alot of changes throughout life, and it can be quite a task trying to shove yourself into a slot that may not fit all your spikey edges in. It's alot like my resume.. all over the place, but not boring.

    On the other side of that argument, we arent really going to be judged or split up by this label {or so i hope}, so it's not a big deal. I'll just have to change mine to bachelor if i log in drunk.
    I refuse to be a part of the Three Ring Circus: Engagement ring. Wedding ring. Suffer ring.

    You can't be king of the world if you're slave to the vag.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    377
    Reputation
    1423
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by Unboxxed View Post
    Hmm... As the thinker I am, I infer from this that if someone forcefully or rudely contrasts with my POV, I am directed to dismiss their intellect and instead look at their designation and tell myself to "consider the source." Don't people who debate look down upon that, calling it ad hominem, a "reaction directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining"? We hate when feminists do that!

    But perhaps you want me to dismiss their vehemence, not their intellect or their position.
    Probably it is more about dismissing vehemence, but technically I think you are right. It is a form of ad hominem. My understanding is that this is about building communities more than anything else. I was a very active member of a political party for a number of years. There were many debates. There were people winning arguments while getting support and people losing arguments. People could lose their jobs over such things and I guarantee you that the whole party would have collapsed if everyone did not go to a pub afterwards to have some drinks and simple conversation together.

    One could still argue that we dismiss truth by doing this, but when it is about what one should do on a Friday night, or whether one should date we engage in moral arguments over petty things. In such moral arguments everyone is right, everyone is wrong and nothing can scientifically be proven.

    Therefore I think we will rather build a community than divide one by getting such arguments out of the way, but that is just my perspective.

  10. #30
    Senior Member The Prisoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sea of Madness
    Posts
    1,418
    Reputation
    9945

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    A member on this board suggested designations as it would make it clear where people are coming from when they post. For example, it's not uncommon for Ghosts and Bachelors's have different ideas on whether to approach a girl, keep a girlfriend, what to do on Friday night. I liked the idea. And I think they're right. This can smooth out differences. Next time you see someone vehemently disagree with you, you see their designation and you know why. It's understandable such people would have a different POV, neither one is "right". Further the OP can better sift through the comments, knowing the general perspective that member has.

    There is no limitation of having a designation. Everyone can access whatever forums. One way the designation would be used is that the community forums are essentially managed by those of one type. For example a Bachelor should not go into the Ghost subforum and start vehemently disagreeing with the social disadvantages of staying by yourself; conversely a Ghost should not go into Bachelor's and tell them that any attempt to court women is "pussy begging". You can if you want, nothing about the way we set up will stop you. However, it encourages people to respect the rules and lifestyle of each community. I'm not a Ghost; but I am interested in what they have to say. Chances are there is something about their perspective and way of life I can benefit from. I would mainly be read-only in that community, but nothing stops me from giving my two cents.
    Well Jagr here's the thing, the men here are capable of expressing a different viewpoint without being an asshole about it. Maybe I am not seeing the arguments here like you or the mods do, however from what I've seen the men here seem to be pretty good guys. I've had a few guys on here disagree with me and even tell me I am taking unnecessary risks, however I could always tell they were wanting to look out for my best interest.

    Now don't get me wrong, I can see where looking at the label will explain a lot about that man's perspective. However at the same time, if you read the reply or "retort" (if you want to call it that) you can damn sure see where that man stands at. So to me adding in labels is about as useless as wiping your ass before you shit. Personally I see a danger in those labels in that they could cause an internal divide. I don't worry if they guy labels himself as a "ghost", I just want him to give his honest opinion if I ask a question. Now I will let you know that being "boxed" in is something that does kind of piss me off. I grew up with a father and sister that are famous for doing just such a thing. If I had listened to them, I would have never gotten in far in life as I have. According to both my father and sister I should be working retail or at a fast food joint, maybe a stock boy at a warehouse. However I almost completed electronics engineering school, I did complete network engineering school, I did complete welding school with CA. state certs., I also have a CDL with all the endorsements and I have owned two businesses. I've pissed my sister off by going out and earning more in 48 hours than she was able to in two weeks. However is what pisses her off the most to this day is that I don't stay in her little fucking box that she thinks I am suppose to be in. So when I see something to the effect of "put yourself into this box" it does piss me off a bit. Oh this is to say nothing about the fact that I think it is useless. Like I said, if you read a man's reply, it should take you all of 10 seconds, maybe 30 seconds if your drunk to figure out his perspective. Well, I'm not here to piss you off Jagr or anyone else, that is just my two cents about the subject.
    Not a prisoner I'm a free man
    And my blood is my own now
    Don't care where the past was
    I know where I'm going ...OUT !!!!

  11. #31

    Re: Select your Type

    My view (if it ever gets posted) is this...dividing the group is a bad idea.

    I could argue this from the following positions:

    1. Strength in diversity
    2. Never divide your forces
    3. If it ain't broken, don't fix it
    4. Manage the individual, not the group

    But hey, that's just my opinion.

  12. #32
    Moderator Thomas Covenant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Freeedoooom!
    Posts
    1,964
    Reputation
    6781
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Select your Type

    Coast Dog, you say there's strength in diversity but you are opposing the acknowledgement of diversity. Where's the division? I intend to visit all areas of the site in future. Are your posts being moderated? If not, you could have done without the cheap shot also.

    That means jack-shit to me. State your case. I could care less what your designation is. Labels are effeminate. A strong opinion, a backbone, and a set of cantaloupe-sized balls is masculine. Embrace it.
    That sounds real good Callahan, (should expect good one-liners from you!) But thinking about it, how are "labels" effeminate? Who invented ranks, titles and indeed any other kind of nomenclature. Was it women?

    And the case has been stated. The plus points are that we know where we are coming from on topics that are now well-worn. We also make the step of formally recognising that an activist point of view has the same merit as a "let it burn" mentality, and everything in between.

    At the risk of demanding guys prove a negative, I still await the explanation as to why this is divisive. Many have claimed it to be so. But why?

    Well Jagr here's the thing, the men here are capable of expressing a different viewpoint without being an asshole about it. Maybe I am not seeing the arguments here like you or the mods do, however from what I've seen the men here seem to be pretty good guys. I've had a few guys on here disagree with me and even tell me I am taking unnecessary risks, however I could always tell they were wanting to look out for my best interest.
    Exactly. That's why there's no risk of division by acknowledging our differences.
    I work in financial planning. I am interested in metal (all kinds), miniature painting and PC gaming. I live in Scotland.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    183
    Reputation
    1027

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    A member on this board suggested designations as it would make it clear where people are coming from when they post. For example, it's not uncommon for Ghosts and Bachelors's have different ideas on whether to approach a girl, keep a girlfriend, what to do on Friday night. I liked the idea. And I think they're right. This can smooth out differences. Next time you see someone vehemently disagree with you, you see their designation and you know why. It's understandable such people would have a different POV, neither one is "right". Further the OP can better sift through the comments, knowing the general perspective that member has.

    There is no limitation of having a designation. Everyone can access whatever forums. One way the designation would be used is that the community forums are essentially managed by those of one type. For example a Bachelor should not go into the Ghost subforum and start vehemently disagreeing with the social disadvantages of staying by yourself; conversely a Ghost should not go into Bachelor's and tell them that any attempt to court women is "pussy begging". You can if you want, nothing about the way we set up will stop you. However, it encourages people to respect the rules and lifestyle of each community. I'm not a Ghost; but I am interested in what they have to say. Chances are there is something about their perspective and way of life I can benefit from. I would mainly be read-only in that community, but nothing stops me from giving my two cents.

    I am not going to lose a brother over a opinion or point of contention even if i am in complete opposition to what they say.

    In the past i think i have dropped a "Let it burn" message into a discussion about Action and have seen others post them, i have also disagreed with men on here about evolution etc but what it did was make me appreciate that regardless of other beliefs and opinions ALL of the men on this site are here for the same reason and i am a BETTER MAN for it.

    There already are PUA and MRA websites if any men are focused on action or game and it is fine that this forum should have sections about those things for MGTOW who lean in those directions but MGTOW is about what makes us the same even if on every other issue or detail we differ.

    Regardless of changes i will remain here and enjoy conversations with both those i agree with and those i disagree with and i am not bothered when anger or frustration is vented here by another man because i know the true source of it comes from the same place mine does nor do i feel offended or need protection from such outbursts because as a man i do them as well to let off steam sometimes.

    Maybe its my perverse nature but on a certain level i would prefer to see less sections and a greater variety of posts in the lounge as it is a great example of the diversity MGTOW has and accepts.

    However i am not going to put myself in a box so with all due respect i will not be adjusting my profile myself.
    "Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything ó you canít conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."

    -Robert A. Heinlein.

  14. #34
    Junior Member Charles Rising's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    33
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Select your Type

    This seems arbitrary though I get where it's coming from.

    What about when we take the Stardusk approach and wand to study human nature to it's core instead of narrowing it to feminism and female nature?

  15. #35
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,336
    Reputation
    14864
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by ian2211 View Post
    I am not going to lose a brother over a opinion or point of contention even if i am in complete opposition to what they say.
    I didn't word this right. We're not doing this as a nicety lets play along thing; like people can't take criticism. I am at my boiling point with negativity on this board. Talk to the other mods- I have considered far more drastic actions then I'm proposing now. The changes have a far more nuanced effect regarding the range of conversation that people self-censor that I have already stated, and if people can't process it, fine. We will be following this designation with separate community forums for: Bachelor, Centrist, and Ghost.

    I am happy to take constructive criticism, and we are taking suggestions of this thread and processing them on the mod forum. We are taking these steps to improve the forums. And those adamant against it...beyond a certain point, I'm not willing to debate or coax people to stay.

    >In the past i think i have dropped a "Let it burn" message into a discussion about Action

    You're not supposed to do that.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).
    *If you're on Twitter, follow me: MGTOW_Jagr

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Folsom, California
    Posts
    504
    Reputation
    1387
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    I didn't word this right. We're not doing this as a nicety lets play along thing; like people can't take criticism. I am at my boiling point with negativity on this board. Talk to the other mods- I have considered far more drastic actions then I'm proposing now. ....
    My suggestion for reducing negativity in most of the board is to have a couple of sub forums designed to attract negativity, just like restaurants used to have a designated smoking area (to keep smoking at some distance from non smokers), and Happy Bachelors Forum has a Women Whore Stories and Divorce Laws/Double Standards sub forums.

    On a trial basis, the mods could identify what topic there is most negativity about, and create a sub forum for that topic. If that reduces negativity in the lounge, more negative sub forums could be created to drain away even more negativity from the lounge. This is not mutually exclusive for people self identifying as Bachelor, Ghost or Neutral.

  17. #37
    Senior Member KingofWisdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    256
    Reputation
    1014
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Select your Type

    Yeah, either you make sections for the more negative posters (such as myself) to post in, or you punish posters for being negative. I just think it's unrealistic for us to be expected to post happy thoughts 100% of the time. The world we live in is a fucked up place, and at times we have to vent. There aren't a lot of places where guys like us can go and share our unpopular opinions. I'm starting to wonder if I'm really welcome here, being that I know I am one of the more negative guys.
    Last edited by KingofWisdom; July 30, 2015 at 5:04 AM.
    I say fuck authority, silent majority. Raised by the system, now it's time to rise against them.
    We're sick of your treason, sick of your lies. Fuck no, we won't listen. We're gonna open your eyes.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Ace Francis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,176
    Reputation
    9420
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Select your Type

    I've gotta say that I'll comply and check in the bachelor category (though I ghost half the time literally the last year or so), if I MUST! Otherwise, I give a NAY versus a Yay to this whole "must pick a cow branding with a hot iron" thing.

    This whole pick-one-of-three-boxes experiment is hopefully just that. Just a work in progress and though it is leading towards being a permanent requirement--I have hope by not picking one by such and such date that I can express my protest. And that maybe Jagr will drop this branding idea. But if not, I am still on board. Not enough a deal breaker for me.

    But for reasons mentioned in my former posts to long ago, there is a reason I prefer this offshoot to the Nacho one or the other two MGTOW forums I am aware (though they have their pluses, though this place is not perfect, I prefer it for quite a few reasons. But that one is a close call).

    At any rate, even with the categorization thing, I can and will still roll with it if it is a requirement come ahem Judgement Day.

    Let me repeat something I said in one of these two threads, to echo Flailor's comment: HONESTLY, I myself am alternating between these three categories too. (But to get real here, I am a bachelor, just hate the "hope" wording attached to it...not that it IS hopeless...but I think that glory days are in shorter spurts for me than the 1990s due to women having too many options and decent men virtually having zero despite having all my hair and not getting fat and aging decently...blah blah blah.)

    Anyway, this whole how I am defined within a microsecond thing the last 18 months--or whatever it is--just depends on the proverbial temperature check of prospects or those I am seeing or maybe gonna see. Not that THAT means I am anywhere near a "blowjob away from the plantation."

  19. #39
    Senior Member cyberdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    cyberistan
    Posts
    395
    Reputation
    1192

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by BeijaFlor View Post
    Even as a Moderator, I'm wondering about that myself. And the example of FkRcvGc6F8C4 isn't reassuring.
    And as a member, I find Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit terrifying.
    Not all men are idiots - some are bachelors.


  20. #40
    Senior Member Victor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Good Ole U S of A
    Posts
    1,148
    Reputation
    3411
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Select your Type

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofWisdom View Post
    There aren't a lot of places where guys like us can go and share our unpopular opinions. I'm starting to wonder if I'm really welcome here, being that I know I am one of the more negative guys.
    I feel that the full spectrum of opinions is important. VERY important. It is one of the things that make this place special, perhaps even unique.

    I am an optimist most of the time, but:

    1. Sometimes T9's posts absolutely make my day. (And those of others as well, but I will specifically call him out)

    2. I appreciate and value a counter opinion. I cannot improve myself without considering where I might be wrong.

    3. Some days I am right there with you guys -- it's just not a majority of the time.
    Pain is unavoidable. Suffering is optional.

    "Love is for poets." -- Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod


Similar Threads

  1. Which type of woman you prefer?
    By TheWiseHuman in forum Lounge
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: March 3, 2017, 7:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •