Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 70
  1. #21
    Administrator jagrmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,358
    Reputation
    15019
    Type
    Bachelor

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    J'accuse!!!

    (Okay, I'm - - mostly - - joking, you're not really arguing FOR marriage, jagrmeister.)

    Still, the question seems to me like asking where being an indentured servant is better in another country...the differnece is degree, not type.
    His question was about marriage. I said in my post that marrying here in the US is not a good idea, and it may be inconceivable elsewhere as well, depending on the applicable laws. I keep hear definitions floating around of what MGTOW is, each of which I think is nonsense except for the one we've defined here, which is that MGTOW is about awareness of the nature of women, society, and understanding how to live a life on your own terms. Someone circulated the idea that married men are not MGTOW. I disagree. We have many men here who are married and they are MGTOW. We have a few members who have said they want to marry and have kids. To me, that's their prerogative.

    Some of you may be wondering -- who is this Jagrmeister guy? Have a look at some of my posts from MGTOW Forums--> Jagr Archive (collection of my articles)



    Stuff I do: Box, Surf, Tennis (3.5/4.0), Downhill skiing. I lift 4x a week and have for 10 years.
    Stuff I like: Comedy shows, NBA, Reading Non-Fiction (sociology, philosophy, biographies).
    Random facts: I admire Steve Jobs. Favorite travel spots (Russia, Central America).
    *If you're on Twitter, follow me: MGTOW_Jagr

  2. #22

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by jagrmeister View Post
    His question was about marriage. I said in my post that marrying here in the US is not a good idea, and it may be inconceivable elsewhere as well, depending on the applicable laws. I keep hear definitions floating around of what MGTOW is, each of which I think is nonsense except for the one we've defined here, which is that MGTOW is about awareness of the nature of women, society, and understanding how to live a life on your own terms. Someone circulated the idea that married men are not MGTOW. I disagree. We have many men here who are married and they are MGTOW. We have a few members who have said they want to marry and have kids. To me, that's their prerogative.

    Thank you for your support.

  3. #23

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    What say you? Are foreign women from developing nations really better marriage material?

    Yes.

    "It is good advice for these men to shop overseas for a wife because all the statistical studies done confirm that the divorce rate is much, much, lower for American (western) men marrying women from less developed/more traditional countries. The USCIS studies show about a 20% divorce risk (lifetime) as supported by census data and studies. "

    20%? My goodness, those are 1970s divorce rates!
    Last edited by sam luis obispo; June 1, 2015 at 5:46 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Eskorteprinsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    348
    Reputation
    1325
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by BeijaFlor View Post
    Another good read is Private Dancer, by Stephen Leather - it's set in Bangkok, and it's a chilling and eye-opening story. The Stickman Bangkok website recommended this one, years ago; now it's available on Pattaya Pages - another good source about "love" and its risks in Thailand:

    http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/im...ate-dancer.pdf
    I have read the book,and although its just fiction;its a great reminder to those who want to marry a thai girl.
    The pros marrying a thai-girl/woman:
    Better looks
    More feminin
    Know how the behave
    Better to cook (most)

    Cons:
    Usually thai people in general;I find them lazy
    You dont only marrying i thai girl,but her entire family(lucky if she doesn't have any,but
    that may be one in a million)Therefore is her duty,to send money to atleast her mother and father,
    and maybe younger brother(s) sister(s) and/or other siblings.But since she dont have a job;if you
    take her to your country,YOU are the one who send the money! This is very important to the girl;
    its a big "loss of face" to not taking care of her family.
    Important to get her into society (thai).If not,you are doomed to fail!
    In a thai girl/womans head the most important things in her life,are as follows:
    1.Mother/father
    2.Brother/sister
    3.Money
    4.Her closest friends.
    5.Herself.
    10."Farang" husband/boyfriend.
    Dont think for one second,that you will ever be close to top three!No matter what she tells you,and how much she says she loves you,you are mostly a walking ATM-machine.
    Off course,there are success-stories,but they are rare.
    In the end,I think its a big risk,marrying any woman in the world today.

  5. #25

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by sam luis obispo View Post
    What say you? Are foreign women from developing nations really better marriage material?

    Yes.

    "It is good advice for these men to shop overseas for a wife because all the statistical studies done confirm that the divorce rate is much, much, lower for American (western) men marrying women from less developed/more traditional countries. The USCIS studies show about a 20% divorce risk (lifetime) as supported by census data and studies. "

    20%? My goodness, those are 1970s divorce rates!
    Actually 20% was the US divorce rate in 1940. I remember the 70s as the decade of divorce; 1970 was 33%, 1975 was 48%, and with 1980 rounding out the decade at 52%. Notice it took thirty years to go from 20% to 33% and only ten to go from 33% to 52%.

    The divorce rates in the 1940s were mostly in the mid 20s%. There was a statistical anomaly in the divorce rates in 1945 (35%), 1946 (43%), and 1947 (34%). This was because of all the war time marriages where women were legally restrained from divorcing their deployed husbands. I guess a lot of these women were counting on the guy not coming back and raking in the insurance. After those years, the rate went back to the mid 20s% until 1970 (the year after no-fault divorce signed in California).
    Last edited by Mikediver; June 1, 2015 at 6:43 PM.

  6. #26

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskorteprinsen View Post
    I have read the book,and although its just fiction;its a great reminder to those who want to marry a thai girl.
    The pros marrying a thai-girl/woman:
    Better looks
    More feminin
    Know how the behave
    Better to cook (most)

    Cons:
    Usually thai people in general;I find them lazy
    You dont only marrying i thai girl,but her entire family(lucky if she doesn't have any,but
    that may be one in a million)Therefore is her duty,to send money to atleast her mother and father,
    and maybe younger brother(s) sister(s) and/or other siblings.But since she dont have a job;if you
    take her to your country,YOU are the one who send the money! This is very important to the girl;
    its a big "loss of face" to not taking care of her family.
    Important to get her into society (thai).If not,you are doomed to fail!
    In a thai girl/womans head the most important things in her life,are as follows:
    1.Mother/father
    2.Brother/sister
    3.Money
    4.Her closest friends.
    5.Herself.
    10."Farang" husband/boyfriend.
    Dont think for one second,that you will ever be close to top three!No matter what she tells you,and how much she says she loves you,you are mostly a walking ATM-machine.
    Off course,there are success-stories,but they are rare.
    In the end,I think its a big risk,marrying any woman in the world today.

    Let me correct one error in you Thai female priority list; 1. herself. She is still a woman first and foremost, and geography doesn't change this basic factor.

    There was a study that asked women if they were being chased by a hungry predator while they were carrying their baby, if throwing the predator their baby would save their life, would they do it? A large majority of women said, of course. They could always make another baby, was the most common basis given for making that decision. A distant second was that if I died the baby would die anyway.

    I just thought of one more disagreement with your list of Thai women's priorities; the farang husband is on the list. This is based on every Thai woman with which I have ever interacted.
    Last edited by Mikediver; June 1, 2015 at 6:44 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster
    Posts
    1,347
    Reputation
    3863

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskorteprinsen View Post
    I have read the book,and although its just fiction;its a great reminder to those who want to marry a thai girl.
    The pros marrying a thai-girl/woman:
    Better looks
    More feminin
    Know how the behave
    Better to cook (most)

    Cons:
    Usually thai people in general;I find them lazy
    You dont only marrying i thai girl,but her entire family(lucky if she doesn't have any,but
    that may be one in a million)Therefore is her duty,to send money to atleast her mother and father,
    and maybe younger brother(s) sister(s) and/or other siblings.But since she dont have a job;if you
    take her to your country,YOU are the one who send the money! This is very important to the girl;
    its a big "loss of face" to not taking care of her family.
    That's one reason I've usually been suspicious if a foreign woman chatted me up. Why was she interested in me?

    It couldn't be my charm, because I don't have any.

    Looks? I lose beauty contests to Godzilla.

    Money? Not much there, either.

    It could only be that I could serve as a convenient means by which she could support her family and relatives or bring them into the country. Once my usefulness to her has expired, it would be straight to divorce court with her claiming "mental cruelty" or some such thing.

    Important to get her into society (thai).If not,you are doomed to fail!
    In a thai girl/womans head the most important things in her life,are as follows:
    1.Mother/father
    2.Brother/sister
    3.Money
    4.Her closest friends.
    5.Herself.
    10."Farang" husband/boyfriend.
    Dont think for one second,that you will ever be close to top three!No matter what she tells you,and how much she says she loves you,you are mostly a walking ATM-machine.
    Off course,there are success-stories,but they are rare.
    In the end,I think its a big risk,marrying any woman in the world today.
    The documentary My Thai Bride that I referred to earlier dealt with this. The chap in question gave up everything to settle down in Thailand but he ended up with nothing. One reason was restrictions on what foreign residents could do or own, if I remember correctly. She managed to get the property they bought together in her name, though I think that was legal. Another was that she had her own plans and he didn't figure prominently in them.
    "A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane

  8. #28
    Senior Member The Prisoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sea of Madness
    Posts
    1,422
    Reputation
    10213

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    I would say that any guy that feels the need to have a wife for some reason would be better off with a foreign bride. However research on where to go find this foreign bride is a must, simply going from the U.S. to France will not cut it. As it has been pointed out here the Philippines and Thailand seem to be the two best places to go. However this is just the start, after that we have to research the woman we are thinking about playing this role in our life. I had a friend that married a Filipino woman only to find out she use to be a whore. So anytime he was out on the town with this woman she was always trying to bait him into fights by stating "did you see that man looking at me" and such. She was pretty childish about it and my friend could see right through it, however he was not happy with her. So knowing the woman you are trying to settle down with is very important. However I have seen other men that have married a foreign bride and was very happy with them.

    Overall I would say that if your really wanting to marry then a foreign bride is the way to go. Yes your odds are much higher that you will be happy in the long run with her. However I would only suggest that to a guy that has not been badly burn by women here in North America's. No matter how understanding that foreign bride may seem she will only tolerate so much before she searches for someone else. So if your still bitter from a divorce or cheating, something like that I would suggest to deal with that first. Remember that even with a foreign bride you are still taking a risk. Sure the odds are more in your favor, however you still run the risk of loosing everything just like if you married a local woman. Myself I would never go with a foreign bride. It is not because the fear of divorce or cheating. My reason is that I simply don't have the kind of cash to throw around that is required to do proper research on the woman and the traveling it requires. Oh and the simple fact that I don't want to live with and/or get married also ranks up there. So in closing I would say that yes a foreign bride is a better option if your looking to get married. However the best question to ask yourself is "why do you want to get married in the first place".
    Not a prisoner I'm a free man
    And my blood is my own now
    Don't care where the past was
    I know where I'm going ...OUT !!!!

  9. #29

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Thailand and Philippines are options. Then there is the Indian Subcontinent and South America. The divorce rate in India is still only 1-2%. Some guy I know swears by Islamic brides though I don't know where you can get one easily. They are very protective of the women so must be hard to get one if you are not a follower of Islam.

    http://www.singlemantravel.com/mail-...s/arab-brides/


    Despite all these, my choice to stay single remains the same.
    Last edited by czar; June 2, 2015 at 1:15 AM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    657
    Reputation
    1867
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Is foreign cyanide better than the domestic stuff?
    "Every woman is an engine of lies powered by a core of raw reproductive need"
    - Octavian

    "All women have done the last 40 years is to prove men were right for the last 40 generations." - Primus_Pilus


    AWALT may not be literally true - but it's the only safe working assumption.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Sharkbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    209
    Reputation
    1028
    Type
    Neutral

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Is foreign cyanide better than the domestic stuff?
    Foreign cyanide needs you to import it's entire shipment before the effect kicks in.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Alik Sakharov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    5,332
    Reputation
    16202

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Wave Vertical View Post
    That's one reason I've usually been suspicious if a foreign woman chatted me up. Why was she interested in me?

    It couldn't be my charm, because I don't have any.

    Looks? I lose beauty contests to Godzilla.

    Money? Not much there, either.

    It could only be that I could serve as a convenient means by which she could support her family and relatives or bring them into the country. Once my usefulness to her has expired, it would be straight to divorce court with her claiming "mental cruelty" or some such thing.



    The documentary My Thai Bride that I referred to earlier dealt with this. The chap in question gave up everything to settle down in Thailand but he ended up with nothing. One reason was restrictions on what foreign residents could do or own, if I remember correctly. She managed to get the property they bought together in her name, though I think that was legal. Another was that she had her own plans and he didn't figure prominently in them.
    Its the case with every woman .

    90% of men have neither looks nor charm no nothing and work just because then some random slut will go out with them on weekend for a free meal .

    When i was younger i used to wonder " why in the hell guys are afraid of being fired from their job " its not like they gonna strave or wont be able to find another job pretty soon ... Its because they will have to skip one or two weekends of going out with a bitch .


    PS. While on dating sites you of course set it on SHOW WOMEN ONLY or similar setting ... and you get carried away thinking im kinda cute but when i sometimes look at guys` pics i quickly realise that here are quite a few rel good looking guys . So do not delude yourself that they talk to you cause you are handsome . They are having some financial or pregnancy emergency no doubt .
    You cant keep a player down!
    Dont hate him , hate your fuking bullshit game !

  13. #33
    Senior Member BeijaFlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, USA
    Posts
    4,145
    Reputation
    13148
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Francis View Post
    Did you ever hear of "medical tourism" where Americans go to other parts of the world for better prices or services for major surgeries?

    I'd love to see Dating/Relationship Tourism become a big sensation in the next decade. Though I would not opt for it myself, it serve the spoiled self-overrated western Anglo females right!
    Well, yeah ... as a matter of fact, in a few weeks I'm going on one of these tours. I'm going to get in some scuba-diving, hopefully I can get some good shipwreck photos, and in the evenings I'll be out on the prowl with my big fat gringo wallet staked out as bait ...
    "The Red Pill is the start of the journey, not the end." - Chairborne

    "Our most dangerous enemies are men who have no loyalty to men." - William Noy

    "I am not going to sacrifice my freedom and wealth for your ideals." - Primus Pilus

    "If you can't be happy on you're own, you can't be happy -- full stop." - Wilfred

    My introduction: I Was MGTOW When MGTOW Wasn't Cool...

    My blog: Beyond The Sunset

  14. #34

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Wave Vertical View Post
    That's one reason I've usually been suspicious if a foreign woman chatted me up. Why was she interested in me?

    It couldn't be my charm, because I don't have any.

    Looks? I lose beauty contests to Godzilla.

    Money? Not much there, either.

    It could only be that I could serve as a convenient means by which she could support her family and relatives or bring them into the country. Once my usefulness to her has expired, it would be straight to divorce court with her claiming "mental cruelty" or some such thing.



    The documentary My Thai Bride that I referred to earlier dealt with this. The chap in question gave up everything to settle down in Thailand but he ended up with nothing. One reason was restrictions on what foreign residents could do or own, if I remember correctly. She managed to get the property they bought together in her name, though I think that was legal. Another was that she had her own plans and he didn't figure prominently in them.
    I loved the; Looks? I lose beauty contests to Godzilla.

    May I suggest; Money? I started with nothing and still have most of it.

  15. #35

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by BeijaFlor View Post
    Well, yeah ... as a matter of fact, in a few weeks I'm going on one of these tours. I'm going to get in some scuba-diving, hopefully I can get some good shipwreck photos, and in the evenings I'll be out on the prowl with my big fat gringo wallet staked out as bait ...
    Be sure to wear the T-shirt that says:

    Caution, the bulge you see in my pants may not be a wad of cash.

    the t-shirt is available from Bad Tshirts.

  16. #36
    Senior Member BeijaFlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, USA
    Posts
    4,145
    Reputation
    13148
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikediver View Post
    Be sure to wear the T-shirt that says:

    Caution, the bulge you see in my pants may not be a wad of cash.

    the t-shirt is available from Bad Tshirts.
    I'm looking for one bearing a picture of an ATM with an "Out Of Service" sign taped to the screen...
    "The Red Pill is the start of the journey, not the end." - Chairborne

    "Our most dangerous enemies are men who have no loyalty to men." - William Noy

    "I am not going to sacrifice my freedom and wealth for your ideals." - Primus Pilus

    "If you can't be happy on you're own, you can't be happy -- full stop." - Wilfred

    My introduction: I Was MGTOW When MGTOW Wasn't Cool...

    My blog: Beyond The Sunset

  17. #37

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by BeijaFlor View Post
    I'm looking for one bearing a picture of an ATM with an "Out Of Service" sign taped to the screen...
    I believe Bad Tshirts will do custom shirts at request. I would, however, be surprised if this theme was not in stock.

  18. #38
    Senior Member BeijaFlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, USA
    Posts
    4,145
    Reputation
    13148
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikediver View Post
    I believe Bad Tshirts will do custom shirts at request. I would, however, be surprised if this theme was not in stock.
    All the "ATM" T-shirts that I found on line were "Bank of Dad" shirts - or else shirts for Texas A&M.

    I'm looking for a bar-girl joke, not an Aggie joke.

    (On edit: I did find an image of a "Bank of Farang" ATM shirt, but - dammit - I can't find a link to buy it!)
    "The Red Pill is the start of the journey, not the end." - Chairborne

    "Our most dangerous enemies are men who have no loyalty to men." - William Noy

    "I am not going to sacrifice my freedom and wealth for your ideals." - Primus Pilus

    "If you can't be happy on you're own, you can't be happy -- full stop." - Wilfred

    My introduction: I Was MGTOW When MGTOW Wasn't Cool...

    My blog: Beyond The Sunset

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster
    Posts
    1,347
    Reputation
    3863

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by BeijaFlor View Post
    Another good read is Private Dancer, by Stephen Leather - it's set in Bangkok, and it's a chilling and eye-opening story. The Stickman Bangkok website recommended this one, years ago; now it's available on Pattaya Pages - another good source about "love" and its risks in Thailand:

    http://www.pattayapages.com/girls/im...ate-dancer.pdf
    I finished reading it yesterday and found it rather interesting.

    One thing that was emphasized was: "Nothing is quite like it seems." Another way of putting it is: "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't." It made me wonder, when women flirted with me in the past, how genuine their interest really was and what they hoped to gain from it.
    "A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane

  20. #40
    Senior Member BeijaFlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay, USA
    Posts
    4,145
    Reputation
    13148
    Type
    Ghost

    Re: Are foreign women better than US women for marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarter Wave Vertical View Post
    I finished reading it yesterday and found it rather interesting.

    One thing that was emphasized was: "Nothing is quite like it seems." Another way of putting it is: "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't." It made me wonder, when women flirted with me in the past, how genuine their interest really was and what they hoped to gain from it.
    Exactly. And I've got to say, even in my one brief visit to Thailand, I saw my full share of "too good to be true."
    "The Red Pill is the start of the journey, not the end." - Chairborne

    "Our most dangerous enemies are men who have no loyalty to men." - William Noy

    "I am not going to sacrifice my freedom and wealth for your ideals." - Primus Pilus

    "If you can't be happy on you're own, you can't be happy -- full stop." - Wilfred

    My introduction: I Was MGTOW When MGTOW Wasn't Cool...

    My blog: Beyond The Sunset


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: May 14, 2015, 7:48 AM
  2. UK - Women put men of marriage
    By Doods-007 in forum Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: April 22, 2015, 5:06 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 15, 2015, 12:20 AM
  4. Marriage, Women and Divorce by George Jean Nathan
    By Ancient Sunlight in forum Voices From the Ages
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 29, 2015, 2:38 PM
  5. Why marriage isn't a good deal for women...
    By secularscientist in forum Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: October 20, 2014, 2:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •